"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are they equal?

absolutely. From the WCF chpt 2, part 3; “In the unity of the Godhead there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost: the Father is of none, neither begotten, nor proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son.”

they all are co-equal, co-existant, and co-powerful.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sent His word to Earth, in the likeness as a man and SAID, His word would Be A Son to God...and God would be A Father to Him....Faithful Sons do the will of their Father.
So be it, On Earth the Word of God is a Son to God.

And back in heaven-Rev 3:12

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
absolutely. From the WCF chpt 2, part 3; “In the unity of the Godhead there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost: the Father is of none, neither begotten, nor proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son.”

they all are co-equal, co-existant, and co-powerful.

Only the Father knows the day and hour-proving no equality. Only the Fathers will gets done-John 5:30.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is just to much evidence against a trinity. Like this one-God is king of eternity. Jesus had to be appointed king, then he must hand it back to his God and Father and subject himself-1Cor 15:24-28
I don't subscribe to the trinity.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't subscribe to the trinity.

Glad to hear it. Then why would you have a cross as your picture? Do you actually think Gods son representing the God who is love has a torture death device fronting his religion?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you do have Over 500 Plain And Clear Passages that Definitely

Outweigh The 500 Plain And Clear Passages Of God's Word Of TRUTH?:

"Complete Case" For JESUS Is Almighty God!

You have catholicism translating. Filled with errors to fit false council teachings. There works prove they do not have Jesus nor ever did. If not Jesus, then you know who started it and is misleading all with the error filled translations. Jesus is never called Almighty God, Nor ever called sovereign Lord.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have catholicism translating. Filled with errors to fit false council teachings. There works prove they do not have Jesus nor ever did. If not Jesus, then you know who started it and is misleading all with the error filled translations. Jesus is never called Almighty God, Nor ever called sovereign Lord.

you JW cult have terrible theology.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you JW cult have terrible theology.

They have searched for years old writings, true God worship history. Word meanings in Greek and Hebrew--They search for real truth and have it.
Which is the cult to Gods view? The only view that counts?
34,000 trinity religions
1 Single religion

A house divided will not stand- Mark 3:24
1Cor 1:10-Unity of thought( all of Gods truth), no division.

A 10 year old could pick correctly.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have searched for years old writings, true God worship history. Word meanings in Greek and Hebrew--They search for real truth and have it.
Which is the cult to Gods view? The only view that counts?
34,000 trinity religions
1 Single religion

A house divided will not stand- Mark 3:24
1Cor 1:10-Unity of thought( all of Gods truth), no division.

A 10 year old could pick correctly.

odd you put it that way. I’ve never met any young JW, but i’ve met many a young presbyterian or baptist.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You walked right into that one.

Christ speaking:
"Every branch IN ME that beareth not fruit He taketh away ... If a man abide not IN ME, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned."

Check mate.

NOSAS wins again.
For those who actually care to study. In John 15: 2, the word "taketh away" in the greek is airea, which literally means to lift up, to raise from the ground, to raise upwards, to elevate. etc etc.

It is a term that people in Jesus day would readily associate with taking care of fruit bearing vines. WHen you have vines which are on the ground, they are chocked out and can not produce fruit. So you life them off the ground so they can recieve the nutrients and again start to produce fruit.

Jesus is not using this to say one can lose salvation, He is using it to show how God works in his children who are not producing Fruit to lift them up so that they are producing fruit

Nosas and self righteousness loses again.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who actually care to study. In John 15: 2, the word "taketh away" in the greek is airea, which literally means to lift up, to raise from the ground, to raise upwards, to elevate. etc etc.

It is a term that people in Jesus day would readily associate with taking care of fruit bearing vines. WHen you have vines which are on the ground, they are chocked out and can not produce fruit. So you life them off the ground so they can recieve the nutrients and again start to produce fruit.

Jesus is not using this to say one can lose salvation, He is using it to show how God works in his children who are not producing Fruit to lift them up so that they are producing fruit

Nosas and self righteousness loses again.

cast into the fire and burned?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the word "taketh away" in the greek is airea, which literally means to lift up

It also literally means this:

“to take off or away what is attached to anything”

Many expert translators correctly translate this passage (John 15:2) that refutes Once Saved Always Saved absolutely.

Don’t seek a different Greek “sense” to elevate the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cast into the fire and burned?
15 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away (lifts up); and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

These people are already clean. The context is bearing fruit. Not gaining or earning salvation.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context is bearing fruit. Not gaining or earning salvation.

WHAT?!

Seriously???

Look at the scripture:

“If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.” (John 15:6)

You have to be totally sold out to not see the implication of this text!

Reactions: GEN2REV

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also literally means this:

“to take off or away what is attached to anything”

Many expert translators correctly translate this passage (John 15:2) that refutes Once Saved Always Saved absolutely.

Don’t seek a different Greek “sense” to elevate the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved.

αἴρω (contr. fr. poet. ἀείρω); fut. ἀρῶ; 1 aor. ἦρα, inf. ἆραι, impv. ἆρον; pf. ἦρκα (Col. 2:14); Pass., [pres. αἴρομαι]; pf. ἦρμαι (Jn. 20:1); 1 aor. ἤρθην; (on the rejection of iota subscr. in these tenses see Bttm. Ausf. Spr. i. pp. 413, 439; [W. 47 (46)]); 1 fut. ἀρθήσομαι; [fr. Hom. down]; in the Sept. generally i. q. נָשָׂא; to lift up, raise.

1. to raise up;

a. to raise from the ground, take up: stones, Jn. 8:59; serpents, Mk. 16:18; a dead body, Acts 20:9.

b. to raise upwards, elevate, lift up: the hand, Rev. 10:5; the eyes, Jn. 11:41; the voice, i. e. speak in a loud tone, cry out, Lk. 17:13; Acts 4:24, (also in prof. writ.); τὴν ψυχήν, to raise the mind, i. q. excite, affect strongly (with a sense of fear, hope, joy, grief, etc.); in Jn. 10:24 to hold the mind in suspense between doubt and hope, cf. Lücke [or Meyer] ad loc.

c. to draw up: a fish, Mt. 17:27 (ἀνασπᾶν, Hab. 1:15); σκάφην, Acts 27:17; anchors from the bottom of the sea, Acts 27:13, where supply τὰς ἀγκύρας; cf. Kuinoel ad loc.; [W. 594 (552); B. 146 (127)].

2. to take upon one’s self and carry what has been raised, to bear: τινὰ ἐπὶ χειρῶν, Mt. 4:6; Lk. 4:11, (Ps. 90 (91):12); a sick man, Mk. 2:3; ζυγόν, Mt. 11:29 (Lam. 3:27); a bed, Mt. 9:6; Mk. 2:9, 11 sq.; Lk. 5:24 sq.; Jn. 5:8–12; τὸν σταυρόν, Mt. [10:38 Lchm. mrg.]; 16:24; 27:32; Lk. 9:23; Mk. 8:34; 10:21 [in R Lbr.]; 15:21; [λίθον,] Rev. 18:21; to carry with one, [A. V. take]: Mk. 6:8; Lk. 9:3; 22:36. Both of these ideas are expressed in class. Grk. by the mid. αἴρεσθαι.

3. to bear away what has been raised, carry off; a. to more from its place: Mt. 21:21; Mk. 11:23, (ἄρθητι be thou taken up, removed [B. 52 (45)], sc. from

Context = Bearing fruit

Other things to look at.

Pruning - The act of a vinedressor or anyone who raises fruit bearing trees or plants pruning or cutting off dead spots. which are hindering the ability of the place to bear fruit. this increased fruit bearing

Lifting up. The act of a vinedressor or anyone who takes care of fruit bearing plants or trees lifting up a branch which is lieing on the ground. In doing so. the branch is free to recieve from the vine the fuel to produce fruit.

In the above cases, Pruning is done to vines which are producing fruit, But no much fruit, it is done to increase fruit

Lifting up is done to branches laying on ground who produce NO FRUIT. So that it can produce fruit.

we don't interpret scripture to fit our belief system, We interpret it as it is written in the context in which it is given..