"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course! Now many Christians seem to be sure they have given their life to God yet they haven't. As a matter of fact, Jesus warned us: "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" (Matthew 7:21-23)

No, that's the thing, it is not a daily labor, even if only by your very (pretty good) explanation: "You are forever "in God" and He in you". When we do not act as individuals but it is God who acts through us, how could we strive to, to use your own words "keep the old flesh under subordination"?

why does Jesus say it’s up to us?
Jn 15:1-5 abide in me

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh ok

what’s his commission?
The commission, also referred to as the Great Commission is when Jesus sent out his disciples, saying, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen." Matthew 28:19-20

But, again, do not be distracted by the signs He instructed them to teach--they are still only signs pointing to the real baptism of Christ which is of the Holy Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question

Jn 8:32
You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Is the opposite also true?

false doctrine enslaves men?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Nothing that is bound in heaven, need be first bound on earth. You have it backwards...and therefore, wrong.

“I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. Matthew 3:11

that refers to Christian baptism Matt 28:19 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38
Ez 36:25-27

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need faith if I have eyes?

All that’s required is to look for Him? Right

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. Heb 9:28
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Eyes to see does not refer to the flesh, but of the Spirit. And that is the faith given to look for Him to appear a second time.

Not of this world but it is in this world
Yes, and even as Paul came to say, "For me to live is Christ." But again, you have answered with the right words, but have not expressed any knowledge of the reality of Christ himself now reigning in the world. Instead, you have expressed some other belief of men acting only by the authority of Christ--until He comes. That is not the case.

Anyone who looks for Him to come, has not seen Him. And this they do while millions testify of Him having come [again] already in the power and glory of the Father whom is spirit, and that He resides in them and them in Him. And like you, even these millions do not even know what they have attested to.

Nonetheless, the words of their testimony, make void any idea that His church exist as you believe, which you seem to be saying is, until He comes.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question

Jn 8:32
You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Is the opposite also true?

false doctrine enslaves men?
Yes, opposites are opposites. Why do you ask?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that refers to Christian baptism Matt 28:19 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38
Ez 36:25-27
It refers to "John's baptism" as opposed to "Jesus' baptism"--water, as opposed to the Holy Spirit. Acts 19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might (should) drop the religious jargon and definitions off the discussion...that is your fathers religion getting in the way. We would do better to just talk Bible, in concise scriptural terms.

Okay...there is no before or after in that regard, there is only a before and after God drawing us and us receiving His gift of salvation. Remember, these are matters of God whom is the same yesterday, today, and forever--no before or after, no slicing and dicing necessary or even appropriate. I am speaking plainly.

before justification there is nothing

after justification by faith and baptism we are a new creation
In Christ with sanctifying grace
Our actions are meritorious before God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t believe this verse

Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18
Bound on earth (apostles authority) bound in heaven?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To what does THIS refer?

redemption

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part!

Justification:
then when we believe in him and his redemption we are justified in that faith and baptism!

Sanctification:
then we are in Christ and his church by grace faith and baptism we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, other sacraments etc.

Salvation:
then when we are faithful to Christ and in his grace at death enter salvation!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe, yes...which is the basis of faith. But neither are actions or works, they are what is in the heart. The scriptures (James) then say that having belief and faith (inwardly) in our hearts, if given the opportunity, it will indeed result in good works. This is confirmed of salvation, by Jesus saying, "the kingdom of God is within you." But that does not speak of when or how we are saved, nor is it required, but it speaks rather of the result of salvation for "those who are alive and remain" in the world.

covenants require an outward sign and not faith alone

1 cor 3:2 “all faith” without charity avails nothing

Phil 1:29 not called to faith alone

Faith alone apart from the sacraments
Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Saved? Matt 24:13 must endure unto the end

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commission, also referred to as the Great Commission is when Jesus sent out his disciples, saying, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen." Matthew 28:19-20

But, again, do not be distracted by the signs He instructed them to teach--they are still only signs pointing to the real baptism of Christ which is of the Holy Spirit.

there is only one Christian baptism Matt 28:19 in the name of the father and of the sun and of the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one Lord. one faith, one baptism.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Born of God by baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again Jn 3:5
What’s the water for?

Matt 3:11
Matthew 3:11
…he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

whats fire for?
What is the fire?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Eyes to see does not refer to the flesh, but of the Spirit. And that is the faith given to look for Him to appear a second time.

Yes, and even as Paul came to say, "For me to live is Christ." But again, you have answered with the right words, but have not expressed any knowledge of the reality of Christ himself now reigning in the world. Instead, you have expressed some other belief of men acting only by the authority of Christ--until He comes. That is not the case.

Anyone who looks for Him to come, has not seen Him. And this they do while millions testify of Him having come [again] already in the power and glory of the Father whom is spirit, and that He resides in them and them in Him. And like you, even these millions do not even know what they have attested to.

Nonetheless, the words of their testimony, make void any idea that His church exist as you believe, which you seem to be saying is, until He comes.

is the church the body of Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GRACE alone

Charity? You think charity will cause God to forgive you one sin?

The penalty of sin is death,

The Bible does not say the penalty of sin is to do charity.

yes it does

Matt 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

Luke 7:47
Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for sheloved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Grace alone? Heb 11;6