"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see #1670

there is no “faith alone”
Spiritual baptism

it’s a covenant not a Bible study
You are dividing our part (faith) from God's part (baptism) for religious purposes...and confusing your own understanding of the simplicity of what God has done for our salvation.

You have ventured out into the weeds and off the path, and should turn back, back to the gospels which are not written so as they once were, but in your heart.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Faith alone”?
1 cor 13:13 three things
Faith hope and charity!

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit

they did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as your personal Lord and savior!

vs 22 they went to the river (water) and baptized!!!
You are confusing the sign with the actual baptism of the Holy Spirit.

What you have pointed out in scripture is indeed there, but it is not there for you to make a lengthy religious practice of it. It is there because the simple act of believing faith for salvation also comes with instructions on how we are to help shine the light of God to the world and future generations. But you and your fathers have claimed those things that were not for you but for others, and robbed from God to your own loss of actual spiritual life and joy--only the lessor half of what was intended. This is Jesus cutting you in two for doing what He calls the acts of an evil servant. Matthew 24:51 Read of it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't even read all that...it all starts out as manmade religious nonsense. The gospels define it correctly, but you and your fathers have made a religion out of your own practice which have gone far beyond--off the path of what is written and called for.

Stick with the gospels and scripture.

ok ez 36:25

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are dividing our part (faith) from God's part (baptism) for religious purposes...and confusing your own understanding of the simplicity of what God has done for our salvation.

You have ventured out into the weeds and off the path, and should turn back, back to the gospels which are not written so as they once were, but in your heart.

mk 16:16 faith and baptism

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok ez 36:25
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Ezekiel 36:25
The words are spirit, and the reference here to "idols" includes everything that is not of the spirit--including water.
  • Are you not getting any of this?
  • Do you not understand that such things are like the blood of bulls--that God does not delight in these things? Isaiah 1:11
  • Did you not understand the difference between John's baptism and Jesus' baptism with the Holy Spirit--that water baptism is of no value for salvation, but only points to what is made real in Christ?
  • Do you not understand that there is no "clean" water in this fallen world?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i said justified in baptism in the death of Christ
but your church does not teach baptism of any kind is where a persons sin debt is paid and he is saved forever.

And your church teach sprinking with water. Not even baptism, And not in Christ, once again in water

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s covenant not a Bible study
There are requirements

baptism is the required outward sign of the inward operation of grace!
Yep, its a covenant

the PENALTY OF SIN IS DEATH,

the GIFT OF GOD IS LIFE

Its a GIFT, its not a reward. its not a wage that can be earned. Jesus paid the cost with HIS DEATH.

ONLY his death and cover your debt.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Ezekiel 36:25
The words are spirit, and the reference here to "idols" includes everything that is not of the spirit--including water.
  • Do you not understand that such things are like the blood of bulls--that God does not delight in these things? Isaiah 1:11
  • Did you not understand the difference between John's baptism and Jesus' baptism with the Holy Spirit--that water baptism is of no value for salvation, but only points to what is made real in Christ?

sorry not following you
Are you a manichean?
Believe in a god of good (spiritual) and a god of evil (matter)?

Christ baptism is Jesus’s baptism
It still has the outward sign of water
It’s still water baptism
Jn 3:22 they went to the river (water) and baptized
In the water!
And it’s not spirit
Baptism but the trinity Matt 28:19
Father son and holy spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16
There is no water mentioned here. Do you not get that?

Do you not understand that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is not with water?

baptism means water
Jn 3:5 by water and the spirit

I know I’m not this stupid
Do you insist on “faith alone”?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
theefaith was talking about having to do works to be saved. I was responding.

I was afraid this might be your understanding when it is is incorrect. THAT is a neuter demonstrative and must agree with its noun antecedents in gender, number and case. "Grace" is feminine so THAT can't refer to this noun. "Faith" is feminine so THAT can't refer to this noun.

Oz

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the flesh or matter is not evil
Hod declared the entire creation to be “good”!

only behavior, disobedience or sin is evil

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16
There is no water mentioned here. Do you not get that?

Do you not understand that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is not with water?
There are no spiritual covenants!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry not following you
Are you a manichean?
Believe in a god of good (spiritual) and a god of evil (matter)?

Christ baptism is Jesus’s baptism
It still has the outward sign of water
It’s still water baptism
Jn 3:22 they went to the river (water) and baptized
In the water!
And it’s not spirit
Baptism but the trinity Matt 28:19
Father son and holy spirit
I don't know what a "manichean" even is.

You are still looking at the scriptures through the lens of men's teaching, which are of the flesh, and you are not "rightly dividing the word of truth" according to what is of this world and what is of the kingdom of God.

As I said, just as Christ said--and apparently you do not care to understand...the words are spirit, therefore they do not refer to the water found in this world. Those waters leave one thirsty, but “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” John 4:13-14

Have you not read of Mary and Martha? "Only one thing is needed."

You are not hearing or seeing the difference, but have chosen the lesser part leading to destruction. I leave you to it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the flesh or matter is not evil
Hod declared the entire creation to be “good”!

only behavior, disobedience or sin is evil
Again, you misunderstand.

"Good" even "very good", is not "perfect." That was in the beginning.

But, you have come no further. How then shall you "be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect?" Matthew 5:48

Indeed--it is evident you are only at the beginning, and need to start over.