"Salvation" is the gift of Eternal Life - it's FOREVER.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Holding onto FAITH, not works.

Salvation is God holding on to you, by recreating the born again Spirit= to become birthed into His Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit.
You didnt cause that, and God will be faithful to compete not only the new birth but the the "Predestined to be conformed into the Image of Christ'.
Philippians 1:6
Salvation is not what you DO....>Its what CHRIST DID on the Cross that God offers as "the Gift of Salvation".

Discipleship, that you have confused as your Salvation, is what you do, because you are eternally secure "in Christ"...if you are truly born again.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holding onto FAITH, not works.
A life of ever-increasing righteous works show that you are holding onto faith in the blood of Christ.
No changed life of righteous works shows a person does not have faith in the blood of Christ. They are lost. They are not saved, born again new creations in Christ. When Jesus returns they will go to the left at the Judgment, then into the lake of fire.

I don’t HOLD ON to my Faith, AS IF it can SLIP AWAY.
The POWER OF GOD ...... IN ME ...... DOES the Works.

The General population/ is the Majority of Men and are told, how WEAK they are.....Evil Spirits have much greater Power than men....Men who SIT in Power Governing seats have much greater Power and Armies over the Majority of men....

WHO HAS the GREATEST POWER over evil spirits, over wicked power sitting men........ONE....God....and YES that is the POWER IN ME that KEEPS me unto Him only.......To God the Credit, not me.

Reactions: Behold

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not have the evidence of being born again, then you are deceived and you are not born again at all. You are lost.
Ferris,

If one looks for afterbirth--they will indeed find it. But that is not where the new life resides.

Is that birth not the "end" of what and who a newborn once lived? And whose hands is that new life really in?

A Christian should know these things.​

Reactions: Behold

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BELIEVING, not doing.
The doing is the result of BELIEVING.
The doing is how you can tell if you're really BELIEVING.
That's how you know for sure if you are called and elected, just as the absence of 'doing' shows you're not.

ONE works a man CAN DO.....which IS Heartfully BELIEVE.
ONE service a man CAN DO...which IS Heartfully CONFESS Belief.

^^^ THAT is it in a nutshell, TO BECOME FOREVER CONVERTED and With the Lord God Almighty Forever.

*** Other works; charity in the Lords Name, helping hand in the Lords Name, etc. A man SHALL BE REWARDED, with Treasures God stores in Heaven and shall present LATER to such man.
*** Do no works in the Lords Name? Receive no Rewards, you could have had.
*** Do works that DO NOT Glorify God? Those works go to the burn pile.

WORKS is a LABOR, an effort. WORKS relieve Debts.
SERVICE is a desirous giving, WITHOUT reward expectation.

Rev 22:
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not have the evidence of being born again, then you
are deceived and you are not born again at all. You are lost.

What is the EVIDENCE to oneself or even an other IF a man IS Born Again?

First “indication” is a mans Word, saying he is Converted IN Christ.
Secondly “NEVER” an indication, inference, of NOT sure, WONDERING about his belief, Doubting his belief, Speaking Against the Word of God, Speaking Against Christ the Lord Jesus. Speaking Against God.

All day long (even on their forum), men:
Often say, They are: Christians, Believers, True Christians...
Sometimes say, They are: Baptized, born again...
Rarely say, They are; Converted IN Christ.

I take what men claim for themselves at FACE VALUE.
If their own claims are Limited / not exclusive, then that limitation is what I believe applies to them; no more, no less.

God Bless,
Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the EVIDENCE to oneself or even an other IF a man IS Born Again?
↓↓↓

9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother. 1 John 3:9-10

...things that accompany salvation. ...your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so. Hebrews 6:9-10

Reactions: amigo de christo

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The confusion is that Once Saved "it is no longer they who live but Christ who lives in them", which some do not believe, and begin to accuse Christ in them to their own destruction.

The matter of Judas shows different--a hand picked apostle. Anyone can fall. Solomon fell.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Contradiction!

Yet what occurs thereafter, I did not mention.

You changed the subject and then made a False accusation.

No, that which you did IS not what “real followers do”!

All those hearing those words from Jesus believe in him, believe he was risen and what ever else you stated--Jesus shows them it did 0 good if they practice a sin.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
↓↓↓

9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother. 1 John 3:9-10

...things that accompany salvation. ...your work and the love you have shown for His name as you have ministered to the saints and continue to do so. Hebrews 6:9-10

Thank you Ferris.
I believe ANYONE Born of God, CAN NOT SIN.

Can you provide some examples of “practicing sin” ? TY.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those hearing those words from Jesus believe in him, believe he was risen and what ever else you stated--Jesus shows them it did 0 good if they practice a sin.

Can you provide some example of “practicing sin”? TY

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you provide some example of “practicing sin”? TY

1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--2 lists of unacceptable sins--along with all the false god worship on earth = 99% of all mankind.-Paul mentioned spiritism in Galations-The Greek word = Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of that.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do tell HOW/WHY a man Converted “IN” Christ can fall.

Because mortals are imperfect and push God aside to appease their flesh. Example even clergy were Paedophiles--you think they are of Jesus? Yet gained trust and respect and love of the flock members, told others you are saved and were told you are saved. But that line is not truth. No mortal knows if another is saved. They have no right telling them so. Only religions that do not know Jesus tell others-you are saved. Those ask for a tithe because its what they are after.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Cor 6:9-11, Gal 5:19-21--2 lists of unacceptable sins--along with all the false god worship on earth = 99% of all mankind.-Paul mentioned spiritism in Galations-The Greek word = Pharmacia-thus drug addiction is apart of that.

Thank you.
Do you believe, A man Converted IN Christ, can “commit/practice” SIN?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because mortals are imperfect and push God aside to appease their flesh. Example even clergy were Paedophiles--you think they are of Jesus? Yet gained trust and respect and love of the flock members, told others you are saved and were told you are saved. But that line is not truth. No mortal knows if another is saved. They have no right telling them so. Only religions that do not know Jesus tell others-you are saved. Those ask for a tithe because its what they are after.

MORTALS, agree, ARE imperfect.
What about a mortal, WHO willingly Gives His Body unto Death unto God?
In your opinion, Is that man “perfected” ?

TY.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
↓↓↓

9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin,

Are you saying you have never willingly sinned, (committed a work of the flesh). since you trusted Christ.???
You've never watched a movie that had nudity in it since you trusted in Christ?
You've never watched a Cable Series that had sex in it, since you were saved?
Do you want me to list all the list until i find your work of the flesh?

So, when you were doing that, all those times, you were practicing sin.

Yeah, you.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you provide some examples of “practicing sin” ? TY.
Practicing sin is purposely and willingly living habitually in your life of sin just like before you were born again. They do that because they aren't born again! The born again person can't do that. They struggle out and away from their old life of sin, not live in it. Their progression is toward holiness. That's the sign of the born again person. They show that they have the Holy Spirit inside of them. The Holy Spirit within them and the loving chastisement of the Father makes sure that move to holiness happens. The not born again person doesn't have that and so remain in the slavery and bondage of the old, unchanged mind and body of sin. That's how you distinguish the born again son of God from the not born again child of the devil:

"By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:10

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think what you mean is sin is not held to account for the born again person.

Jesus is the Sin Bearer regarding the world's sin.
So, if He can handle all that, certainly he can handle the "sin" of a born again Christian....and in fact has has handled it, 2000 yrs ago when he said... "It is FINISHED" and died to prove it, then walked out of the Tome to confirm it.