• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Calvinist are saved, and part of the Christian church. I just think they took the doctrines on Salvation too far.

But what does that have to do with what I said? Are you that easily influenced by BreadOfLife? I didn't say anything about Calvinists.

Stranger

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, thought it was obvious.

Someone mentioned a patriarch in the old testament having a Bible. No they didn't have a Bible.
But then again they didn't require one.
Too often in the new world of taking it for granted we know all things becasue they're in writing, Christians run afoul of a warning in the commands. Idolatry. As in, Biblioidolatry. They worship the Bible itself and forget it is but that which contains words. When The Word delivered the truth of God and Christ.
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In the beginning was the Word
the Word
was with God
the Word
was God.

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I, by extenision, believe meeting Him in the air is symbolic?

Stranger
Now this is what I am saying, brothers and sisters: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1 Corinthians 15:50

Our body after death won't ascend to Christ. Our spirit shall. The breath of God alive in us, returns from whence it came when we die.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, thought it was obvious.

Someone mentioned a patriarch in the old testament having a Bible. No they didn't have a Bible.
But then again they didn't require one.
Too often in the new world of taking it for granted we know all things becasue they're in writing, Christians run afoul of a warning in the commands. Idolatry. As in, Biblioidolatry. They worship the Bible itself and forget it is but that which contains words. When The Word delivered the truth of God and Christ.
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In the beginning was the Word
the Word
was with God
the Word
was God.

Please explain the issue you have with "discernment".

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain the issue you have with "discernment".
I have no issue with discernment.
I thought you did.
Which is why you asked me to clarify the verses I thought obvious in the delivery of God's message.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, there will be a beast, though he is a man,

uh huh

arising out of the sea of nations. And the dragon, who is satan I believe, is not bound to earth by gravity. So should we be surprised if the dragon is in the air? Do I disappoint?

Stranger

Perhaps, just don't expect to actually see a "dragon" flying in the midst of the beast. Scripture gives no indication that we should be.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no issue with discernment.
I thought you did.
Which is why you asked me to clarify the verses I thought obvious in the delivery of God's message.

Ok, never mind.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this is what I am saying, brothers and sisters: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1 Corinthians 15:50

Our body after death won't ascend to Christ. Our spirit shall. The breath of God alive in us, returns from whence it came when we die.

I'm not sure why you responded to my comment as you did. But since you did I would ask...was Adam and Eve before the fall, made of flesh? Was their flesh perishable or imperishable?

To go a step farther, I see you are a female. Will you be a female in heaven? Why or why not?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
uh huh

Perhaps, just don't expect to actually see a "dragon" flying in the midst of the beast. Scripture gives no indication that we should be.

Well, if the dragon is satan, why should I be surprised to see him flying in the air. Are not angels at this time also flying in the air and crying woe to the inhabitants of the earth.

By the time of the events of Revelation, the natural and supernatural have met and become the norm. So, why shouldn't I expect to see these things?

Stranger

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure why you responded to my comment as you did. But since you did I would ask...was Adam and Eve before the fall, made of flesh? Was their flesh perishable or imperishable?

To go a step farther, I see you are a female. Will you be a female in heaven? Why or why not?

Stranger
Human's are perishable beings. We are souls encased in flesh. Ecclesiastes 12:7 And dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit return to God that gave it.

Genesis 3:19
19 By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken;for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Genesis 2:7And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature.

Do you believe God is a man?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
Human's are perishable beings. We are souls encased in flesh. Ecclesiastes 12:7 And dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit return to God that gave it.

Genesis 3:19
19 By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken;for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Genesis 2:7And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature.

Do you believe God is a man?

Wait a minute. Shouldn't you answer my questions first before you ask me a question? And make no mistake, you didn't answer any of them.

Stranger

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if the dragon is satan, why should I be surprised to see him flying in the air. Are not angels at this time also flying in the air and crying woe to the inhabitants of the earth.

By the time of the events of Revelation, the natural and supernatural have met and become the norm. So, why shouldn't I expect to see these things?

Stranger

Not to detract from the subject of the thread, but the only time in Revelation where the angels are said to actually speak directly with the inhabitants is by the three angels in chapter 14 where the first angel for example is sent to preach the gospel to every living soul. Beyond this, unless it is specifically stated in some way that we will actually come into direct physical contact with some creature flying in the sky, I have no reason to come to such conclusion. I'm not expecting to literally see events occur such as a "dragon" spewing water out of his mouth like a flood after a "woman", its taking the Bible literally to the absolute extreme and its unwarranted.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I guess you missed Saul

Php_3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ

or this bit

Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

But that all requres faith.

Amen to that and still the learned men are confounded.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

God never wrote the bible, how many versions of God do you want, I only know of one.

Mat_17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Excellent post 'mjrhealth'.....So crystal clear.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That Paul was "arrogant"? That the Sacred Scriptures are wrong??
Well lets go back to Peter, remember Him denied Jesus 3 time, remember Judas, one of them twelve, Jesus said he is a devil, remember Saul, pharisee of pharisees killing Jesus children all the while pleasing the pharisees, oh yes they where not perfect people all the reason why Jesus had to pull them aside and chat to them and they are not sacred scriptures just the words of the bible a book that men have placed higher than God Himself.. and there all all teh other little disputes they had,

Luk 9:46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
Luk 9:47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
Luk 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Oh thats right , thats why Peter was never a pope.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're not one of Christ's Sheep until you come to Him in faith and are Baptized (Mark 16:16).
Sorry bible does not say that. Peter was sent to fed His sheep, the rest where not thats 1 in 12. You see to be His sheep there are some requirements

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

That would exclude teh majority of Christians, than there is this bit

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That drags down teh numbers a little bit more

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

An that is why very few if any of "His Sheep" will you find a part of any religion or in any church, Foe He is their first love this bit

Mat 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

nothing else, no one else is worth dying for or teh price.