• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said Jesus said we became his sheep prior to coming to Him in faith. I said we are His sheep prior to faith. More wordsmith from you. More deception.
Was Jesus lying when he said "ye believe not, because ye are not my sheep"?

Reread #414 again and try to pay more attention.
Stranger
HUH??
Explain the difference:
"I never said Jesus said we became his sheep prior to coming to Him in faith.
I said we are His sheep prior to faith."

Talk about contradictory wordsmithing . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because you have absolute zero understanding. All you know how to do is talk smack. Your haughty pious attitude is an insult to the very Word you proclaim.

You're right however. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

None of your ducks are in a row Mary.o
And, is YOU walk like a liar and talk like a liar . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well lets go back to Peter, remember Him denied Jesus 3 time, remember Judas, one of them twelve, Jesus said he is a devil, remember Saul, pharisee of pharisees killing Jesus children all the while pleasing the pharisees, oh yes they where not perfect people all the reason why Jesus had to pull them aside and chat to them and they are not sacred scriptures just the words of the bible a book that men have placed higher than God Himself.. and there all all teh other little disputes they had,

Luk 9:46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
Luk 9:47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
Luk 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Oh thats right , thats why Peter was never a pope.
Ahhhh, so you have created a NEW Canon of Scripture??
You have removed all of Paul's and Peter's Epistles??

Can you tell me WHO gave you that Authority - and where I can get a copy??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry bible does not say that. Peter was sent to fed His sheep, the rest where not thats 1 in 12. You see to be His sheep there are some requirements

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

That would exclude teh majority of Christians, than there is this bit

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That drags down teh numbers a little bit more

Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

An that is why very few if any of "His Sheep" will you find a part of any religion or in any church, Foe He is their first love this bit

Mat 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

nothing else, no one else is worth dying for or teh price.
This reveals a LOT about you.
No wonder you're so full of lies and falsehood. You're simply "hating" everyboy, Like Jesus "commanded" - right?

Unbelievable ignorance . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUH??
Explain the difference:
"I never said Jesus said we became his sheep prior to coming to Him in faith.
I said we are His sheep prior to faith."

Talk about contradictory wordsmithing . . .

'Are' shows that we existed as His sheep. 'Became' means something occurred to make us His sheep. I'ts not hard.

I see you didn't put my question in the quote. Did you think I would forget. So I will ask it again. Was Jesus lying when He said "ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"? (John 10:26)

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Are' shows that we existed as His sheep. 'Became' means something occurred to make us His sheep. I'ts not hard.

I see you didn't put my question in the quote. Did you think I would forget. So I will ask it again. Was Jesus lying when He said "ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"? (John 10:26)

Stranger
Why do you keep asking ME questions when you refuse to answer MINE.
I have been asking you for days now: Are you a Calvinist?
Do you believe in Double Predestination - where God create some for Heaven and He creates the rest, just so He can throw them into Hell??

Answer MY question - and I'll be more than happy to answer yours.
This will affect my answer to your question.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe in Double Predestination - where God create some for Heaven and He creates the rest, just so He can throw them into Hell??

I know I'm jumping in here, but you don't have to be a "Calvinist" to understand God choses. Calvinism is a man's theology for sure, like Catholicism, but the scriptures state clearly and shows clearly that God choses.

all men after Adam come into the world by the will of the flesh, like any other creature on the planet, but born of Spirit, the Holy Spirit is by will of the Spirit. hence those who remain in the life they were born into the world with go where that life ends up, those born of the Holy Spirit by the will of the Spirit remain with the same as the Holy Spirit remains.

so God choses He had respect for Abel's offering and not Cain's that would be choice on God's part. Noah was ten generations from Adam, and Abraham was ten generation from Noah first born of course. that is choice, that is predestined. God's choice is the predestination, and one who is not chosen by God is that person's predestination.

the Almighty has the power to chose, and has no obligation to accept that which is not chosen by Him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I'm jumping in here, but you don't have to be a "Calvinist" to understand God choses. Calvinism is a man's theology for sure, like Catholicism, but the scriptures state clearly and shows clearly that God choses.

all men after Adam come into the world by the will of the flesh, like any other creature on the planet, but born of Spirit, the Holy Spirit is by will of the Spirit. hence those who remain in the life they were born into the world with go where that life ends up, those born of the Holy Spirit by the will of the Spirit remain with the same as the Holy Spirit remains.

so God choses He had respect for Abel's offering and not Cain's that would be choice on God's part. Noah was ten generations from Adam, and Abraham was ten generation from Noah first born of course. that is choice, that is predestined. God's choice is the predestination, and one who is not chosen by God is that person's predestination.

the Almighty has the power to chose, and has no obligation to accept that which is not chosen by Him.
I'm not talking about predestination for some. God does predestine some for Heaven.
The false Calvinist doctrine of Double Predestination is what I'm, talking about - where God creates some for Heaven and some for Hell.

1 Tim. 2:4 tells us in NO uncertain terms that God wills the salvation of ALL people and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth.
God is not a hypocrite nor does He contradict Himself. Nobody is created by God just so He can toss them into Hell - NOBODY.

As for Catholicism being a "man's" theology - my guess is that you are only saying this because of an ignorance of the teachings of the Church.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am a Christian. I don't know what you are talking about when you say 'double predestination'. And, I don't think you do either. Election is election. It is not a double election. Predestinatin is predestination. It is not a double predestination. How ignorant.

As to election, yes I believe it is true. As to predestination, yes I believe it is true.

So, was Jesus lying when He said "ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Christian. I don't know what you are talking about when you say 'double predestination'. And, I don't think you do either. Election is election. It is not a double election. Predestinatin is predestination. It is not a double predestination. How ignorant.

As to election, yes I believe it is true. As to predestination, yes I believe it is true.

So, was Jesus lying when He said "ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"?

Stranger
No - Jesus didn't lie.
YOU are simply reading things into it that just aren't there.

As for Predestination - no, there is not only ONE view.
Whereas God does predestine some people to grow His people on earth - He doesn't create anybody just to throw them into Hell.
Moses and David are good examples of predestination.

As I already pointed out - 1 Tim. 2:4 tells us in NO uncertain terms that God wills the salvation of ALL people and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth. Additionally - John 3:16 says that god LOVED the world and sent His son to save it - but that this decision is OURS:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

YOUR view that God is a monster who creates people just to toss them into Hell is completely ANTI-Biblical.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - Jesus didn't lie.
YOU are simply reading things into it that just aren't there.

As for Predestination - no, there is not only ONE view.
Whereas God does predestine some people to grow His people on earth - He doesn't create anybody just to throw them into Hell.
Moses and David are good examples of predestination.

As I already pointed out - 1 Tim. 2:4 tells us in NO uncertain terms that God wills the salvation of ALL people and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth. Additionally - John 3:16 says that god LOVED the world and sent His son to save it - but that this decision is OURS:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.

YOUR view that God is a monster who creates people just to toss them into Hell is completely ANTI-Biblical.

Good, then it is as Jesus said. "ye believe not because ye are not of my sheep" (John 10:26)

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, then it is as Jesus said. "ye believe not because ye are not of my sheep" (John 10:26)

Stranger
Yup - they weren't His Sheep because they didn't believe - and they didn't believe because they weren't His Sheep.
Glad we can finally agree . . .

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I didn't see an answer. As to your question, is God a man, He certainly is now in the Person of Jesus Christ.

Stranger
As I said, you are certainly entitled not to see the answer as provided in God's word.

No, Jesus is not a man. Jesus returned to the Father in Heaven, being Jesus was God, he is once again the Holy Spirit. Not flesh. Spirit.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - they weren't His Sheep because they didn't believe - and they didn't believe because they weren't His Sheep.
Glad we can finally agree . . .

See, the 'wordsmith' must add to the Scripture to fit his desired interpretation. (John 10:26) "ye believe not, because ye are not my sheep".

They were His sheep before they believed. Because they were His sheep, they believed.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, the 'wordsmith' must add to the Scripture to fit his desired interpretation. (John 10:26) "ye believe not, because ye are not my sheep".

They were His sheep before they believed. Because they were His sheep, they believed.

Stranger
And you call ME a "wordsmith" while you pervert this verse by injecting your bizarre little interpretation . . .

Nobody belongs to Christ until THEY come to Him in faith.
That is how you accept the gift of grace. It's NOT something that you are sentenced to against your will, my Calvinist friend.

The false doctrine of "Irresistible Grace" is yet another error of 5-point Calvinism . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, you are certainly entitled not to see the answer as provided in God's word.

No, Jesus is not a man. Jesus returned to the Father in Heaven, being Jesus was God, he is once again the Holy Spirit. Not flesh. Spirit.
No - the Son resides in Heaven with a glorified Body.
The Holy Spirit is His own Person, as is the Father and the Son.

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reveals a LOT about you.
No wonder you're so full of lies and falsehood. You're simply "hating" everyboy, Like Jesus "commanded" - right?

Unbelievable ignorance . . .

And to think I clicked the link that said, you are currently ignoring posts by this member click to read post.
I've reported your hateful posts. I would hope others would too.

The great gift the Father gives us is the power of discernment. If we only pay attention. God speaks to his sons and daughters. All we have to do is trust and pay attention.

Metaphorically, in my life it is like a tile puzzle. The whole of my life. And God sets these tiles with a shape upon them that is meant to fall into place when he wills it, so that I then see the message he's sending me as to the lesson he wants me to learn, while I walk to that tile and continue following the tapestry of my living.

That is why I chose to click remove ignore link to your posts in this thread on this page of the thread. I thank GOD for you! :)
The question posed is, is salvation loss possible?

The answer every true Christian knows already is, NO!
The example you set is that of Troll, hatemonger, atheist, and dedicated fallen sinner committed to Poe's Law. Posing as a Christian in order to harass actual Christians. And your posing is a miserable failure. However, it is a radiant success in its example. You show the Christians here what we could live like were we you.

If we had not been called to the Son by God's grace we would live a life full of flaming hatred and spewing venom just like you do. You're so full that you need to spew it forth here into these forums. Hate filled screeds. Rude obnoxious condescending contemptuous remarks are your hallmark. You are without grace. Without peace. Without kindness. Without charity. Without love. Without gentleness. You are publicly void and suffering all manner of devils because you are not within the peace of Christ. And you show it openly every time you speak.
:(

We can set you to ignore here. People who know you off-line are not so easily able to avoid your personality. And yet, that is how it is meant to be by God's design. For the Internet and this forum you are a God send.

You show us what rotted unleavened bread looks like as it slowly takes a life. Yours.
"Bread of Life", is Christ. Perhaps your name is meant to serve as a flag to get God's attention as one who is deeply needy of that.

In the meantime, thank you and thank God for sending you to this forum as an example of what chronic damnation and fallen spirit living within the darkness of sin lives, and speaks, every single moment he accesses a keyboard and trolls Christian forums.

You entertain yourself with this behavior and yet until now you were not aware you are the living example of free choice that arrives in a Christian forum to demonstrate God is real. And so too are the trials and travails of living in damnation.

You have my deepest gratitude for being God's vessel. And my deepest sympathies that you do not take the time to find your way to Christ. Rather than example post after post you're happy to be a disciple of Satan.

Job learned Satan is part of God's plan too. :)

And as we can always read, so too are you.Though you could never be qualified to be as blessed in God's service as was precious Job.

I am going to return your account to my ignore list. It is enough to know you are here serving God's purpose.
Let the sons and daughters of God praise God for His Son. And for BreadofLife, that volunteers to choose every day to log on here. And be the precious God sent example that he is, as to what chronic sin and dead in spirit creates within a living person who is hatred personified on~line.

May God's will be that you are brought into his grace while you still have time. Until then, if then, thank you for being here.

John%2B14.16.gif

Reactions: Job

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about predestination for some. God does predestine some for Heaven.
The false Calvinist doctrine of Double Predestination is what I'm, talking about - where God creates some for Heaven and some for Hell.

1 Tim. 2:4 tells us in NO uncertain terms that God wills the salvation of ALL people and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth.
God is not a hypocrite nor does He contradict Himself. Nobody is created by God just so He can toss them into Hell - NOBODY.

As for Catholicism being a "man's" theology - my guess is that you are only saying this because of an ignorance of the teachings of the Church.
is this supposed to be about me, or theology and your disbelief in Calvinism? again you didn't know whether the person you were posting was even of such doctrine did you?

as far as God's will for all. that would be true but He's not stupid or a idiot either is He. you use scripture as though God is stupid enough to think all will.

and this hogwash here isn't scriptural at all is it? "Nobody is created by God just so He can toss them into Hell - NOBODY."

see the following liar:

Exo_33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

interesting that this was written to the romans:

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son. 10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth ) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. 14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. 19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? 22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: 23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

so yes in scripture God Himself has said He has made men for destruction. how is your opinion of what God ought to be like supersede that? it is plainly said in revelations that the blood will be as high as the horse's bridle, that's a lot of soul for destruction. not to mention the nation that will be against Israel the prophets say their flesh will melt of them.

God will and joy is the fulfillment of His Word. and as far as all, sure who was Adam but he who "was the son of God"

Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

so yea it stands to reason that when God made Adam that all men were to receive the life Adam had before they "lost" it and were left with the life of dust to dust and ashes to ashes. so in reality all men are born to destruction, you know born in to sin and condemnation, and the restoration there of is to the the original will for the sons of man.

you state as though what Jesus said here isn't true:

Luk_10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Last edited: