• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is unfortunate, but I know it is so. As in the law of man, "ignorance is no excuse". In the OT it is made clear that even for sins committed in ignorance, when the offender becomes aware of his sin, he must make atonement for it. God has never changed the way He looks at things.

Sometimes we do not realize that we are ignorant. This is all the more reason to be careful about opening our mouth without thinking carefully. It is certainly better to remain silent than to open out mouths spouting our ignorance.
Amen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yhere you go again, perverting the Scriptures.

You sound like Judas, who became angry when the woman came and broke an expensive jar of perfumed oil (John 12:5) and poured it on the Lord's head. He said that she wasted it and that it could have been sold and the money given to the poor. Jesus rebuked him and said that she had done this for the glory of God.

EVERYTHING we do should be for the glory of God. For YOU to say that this time is "finished" is complete and total Scriptural bankruptcy.
Only, it was not I who said it. And for believing and taking the Lord at His word, you call me perverted. I guess that is the thing about unbelief. :(
We're not in Heaven yet because NOTHING imperfect or impure can enter (Rev. 21:27).
The Heavenly liturgy that I presented from Scripture is mirrored in the Mass.
Yes, and I will speak against seeing through a glass dimly, now that He has shown Himself face to face.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only, it was not I who said it. And for believing and taking the Lord at His word, you call me perverted. I guess that is the thing about unbelief.
I didn't say that YOU said it.
I said that you perverted it.
Yes, and I will speak against seeing through a glass dimly, now that He has shown Himself face to face.
As usual - your feeble attempts at being philosophical are always muddled and confused . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - a follower of Christ who has chosen to stay in His Church instead of rebelling against it..
Christ has come in the flesh, but come again in spirit. But you remain in the flesh.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ has come in the flesh, but come again in spirit. But you remain in the flesh.
Christ will return with the same glorified Body that he left with world with.
The same Body that ate fish with His Apostles AFTER the Resurrection.

He is NOT only Spirit - and for you to say so is heresy.

Reactions: KBCid

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ will return with the same glorified Body that he left with world with.
The same Body that ate fish with His Apostles AFTER the Resurrection.

He is NOT only Spirit - and for you to say so is heresy.
You error.

Christ ate fish after he rose bodily from the dead...but he did not eat fish after the resurrection which is his ascension.

If you say that "God is spirit", but also say that Christ "is not only spirit" - this is heresy.

Either way, you error. But you error because you do not understand - Christ has come in the flesh. But that flesh is His church: "to live is Christ."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You error.

Christ ate fish after he rose bodily from the dead...but he did not eat fish after the resurrection which is his ascension.

If you say that "God is spirit", but also say that Christ "is not only spirit" - this is heresy.

Either way, you error. But you error because you do not understand - Christ has come in the flesh. But that flesh is His church: "to live is Christ."
First of all - the Ascension is NOT the Resurrection. they were two completely different events.

Secondly - you are dabbling with the long-defeated heresy of Nestorianism. Jesus unites to Himself TWO natures - and these natures are indivisible. This is what is known as the Hypostatic Union. Jesus is in Heaven with His glorified BODY.

For you to claim that this is NOT the case is heresy.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - the Ascension is NOT the Resurrection. they were two completely different events.

Secondly - you are dabbling with the long-defeated heresy of Nestorianism. Jesus unites to Himself TWO natures - and these natures are indivisible. This is what is known as the Hypostatic Union. Jesus is in Heaven with His glorified BODY.

For you to claim that this is NOT the case is heresy.
You do not know of what you speak - which is no wonder, since you are not with Christ in spirit, but follow the teachings of men.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do not know of what you speak - which is no wonder, since you are not with Christ in spirit, but follow the teachings of men.
WHO told you that Jesus is only Spirit??
Are you saying that you reject the Hypostatic Union??

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO told you that Jesus is only Spirit??
I didn't say that. But you are avoiding the issue.

If you take up a ministry of the flesh and of the world, and follow a man instead of the spirit of God, you are not acting in the acknowledgement and testimony that Christ has come again in spirit, taking death captive. You cannot say that Christ is the church, and maintain such a ministry. To do so, is to deny that you have died and that Christ lives. No one can serve two masters.

But because you hold to the old, we know whom you serve.
Are you saying that you reject the Hypostatic Union??
There is no "union."

Christ "lowered" Himself...which is not to say that "the two became one flesh." You error. But rather, Christ has been "made perfect in weakness." - "Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be.."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that. But you are avoiding the issue.

If you take up a ministry of the flesh and of the world, and follow a man instead of the spirit of God, you are not acting in the acknowledgement and testimony that Christ has come again in spirit, taking death captive. You cannot say that Christ is the church, and maintain such a ministry. To do so, is to deny that you have died and that Christ lives. No one can serve two masters.

But because you hold to the old, we know whom you serve.
There is no "union."

Christ "lowered" Himself...which is not to say that "the two became one flesh." You error. But rather, Christ has been "made perfect in weakness." - "Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be.."
So, you don't believe that Christ unites to Himself 2 indivisible natures - fully God and fully man??
Sorry to be the one to tell you but whatever it is that you think you believe - it ain't Christianity.

Jesus ascended into Heaven in the FLESH, albeit a glorified Body.
Your denial of this fact is heresy.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you don't believe that Christ unites to Himself 2 indivisible natures - fully God and fully man??
Sorry to be the one to tell you but whatever it is that you think you believe - it ain't Christianity.

Jesus ascended into Heaven in the FLESH, albeit a glorified Body.
Your denial of this fact is heresy.
You have misunderstood what is written, or incorrectly believed the teachings of men.

Christ did not ascend in the flesh, but gave his flesh as a sacrifice for all. In doing so, he committed, not his flesh, but his spirit to the Father - and this, is how he returns in the same manner (in the spirit).

I have told you the truth. Do with it what you will.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have misunderstood what is written, or incorrectly believed the teachings of men.

Christ did not ascend in the flesh, but gave his flesh as a sacrifice for all. In doing so, he committed, not his flesh, but his spirit to the Father - and this, is how he returns in the same manner (in the spirit).

I have told you the truth. Do with it what you will.
No - the truth is what the Word of God says: That Jesus Christ ascended BODILY into Heaven while He was speaking to His Apostles (Acts 1:19).

Can you show me where the Bible says that He shed his bodily form before ascending, my heresy-spewing friend?
Chapter and verse, please . . .

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - the truth is what the Word of God says: That Jesus Christ ascended BODILY into Heaven while He was speaking to His Apostles (Acts 1:19).

Can you show me where the Bible says that He shed his bodily form before ascending, my heresy-spewing friend?

Wow, I never thought there would be any Biblical issue we would agree on. Well, this is one at least. :cool:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You say "bodily", which the word of God does not say, because you are of the flesh: "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." You have "added" to the word of God, and will receive your due. Repent, while there is still time.

I have shown you already where the bible says what becomes of the flesh. Here it is again:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not be deceived:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Your man made heresy is an abomination before God.

Luke 24:38-4339
And He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”
And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; and He took it and ate it before them.

John 20:20

And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side. The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord.

John 20:27-28
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

ALL this occurred AFTER the Resurrection in His Glorified Body.
He ATE, touched and allowed them to touch Him.