Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let me ask you Joe, what do you suppose is required for Salvation?

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Don't you think Robert?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Don't you think Robert?

I do, but if you went off them verses alone, would that not indicate that those unbaptized will not receive salvation? Really isn't there a lot more to it Joe? How would you define the word repent?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How would you define the word repent?

You know Robert, I have been accused by some members of many things and have joined this Christian forum to learn..now would a "know it all" want to learn?
like this here, you want me to give you a definition of μετανοίας?

Give me your "view" on metanoias

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad we can agree on something Robert.

I believe that historically we have agreed on many things Joe, perhaps you haven't really made clear any disagreements we have had, that I wasn't aware of anyway.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know Robert, I have been accused by some members of many things and have joined this Christian forum to learn..now would a "know it all" want to learn?
like this here, you want me to give you a definition of μετανοίας?

Give me your "view" on metanoias

Jehovah teaches His people through the congregation Joe, this is not what I would consider a good place to learn. But yes knowing what words mean is essential in knowing the Bible.

I have never heard of that word, but I think you mean Metanoia, which means basically changing one's faith. I was one myself, raised a Baptist, however now I am one of Jehovah's witnesses.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let me rephrase Joe, what do you suppose is required for salvation?
The righteousness of God in Christ is required
Faith

Forgiveness
Redemption
Reconciliation
Justification
Sanctification
Christ
Imputation
Resurrection
Blood
Cross
Atonement

Did I leave something out?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The righteousness of God in Christ is required
Faith

Forgiveness
Redemption
Reconciliation
Justification
Sanctification
Christ
Imputation
Resurrection
Blood
Cross
Atonement

Did I leave something out?

No sir, but I do believe you might not have understood my question, what do you personally need to do to secure salvation, not what has been done for ones to gain it.