Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposite is true. Only one fully rejected the gospel. The other 3 go to church and were once sanctified and justified. You nare completely missing who Jesus is and what He represents. Jesus is a REVOLUTIONARY. The first will be last and the last will be first. So your understanding is still upside-down. You refuse to be humble...so you will remain religious.
Where do you get that from the passage? There was not even a church when Jesus spoke of this parable
I am sorry my friend. Only 1 produced fruit, of varying kinds.. Only that one was saved. Are you saying God saves people. Empowers them, Adopts them and gives him his spirit and they NEVER produce fruit?

Why do you not have faith in the power of God to change people.
You are confusing Abraham with Christ. Abraham was a man who lived many years before Jesus became a man. God considered him righteous because of his faith...but that is a human righteousness....not a divine one.
lol.. Abraham was considered righteous through his human righteousness?

Wow man.. Abraham, ths inner??

You do not understand Gods right standard. Abraham was not righteous humanly. He sinned many times after he was Accounted or imputed with righteousness
You have a very shallow understanding of God and His ways at this point. You are simply parroting what religious people are indoctrinated into. No truth there. You need to actually meet Him..then you will understand the truth.
I met him over 40 years ago my friend.

I love you you keep telling other people they are religious. When your whole gospel is based on self and religion.
How dare I? right?

I see that all the time..as do others...but they won;t say anything, because they do the very same things. If they condemn your attitude...then they condemn themselves. So they remain quiet...dishonest...and quiet.

You attack me and other for speaking the truth. And you are not being logical. Using your logic...how can you claim to be the tax collector when you have never collected taxes?

There is a narrow door....and then a narrow way. Many go through the door initially...but VERY FEW follow the narrow path.

As an experiment...draw two lines across a page leaving a small aperture in the middle...not joining them to form a single line. That is the narrow gate.

Now make other lines going through that aperture from many different angles. Very few of them are EXACTLY perpendicular to the aperture...most deviate off to the right and left. Only a very few go STRAIGHT through the aperture. So it is with people and the kingdom of God.

For those who have ear to hear...make your way STRAIGHT!
Attack you?

I have not attacked you my friend, You have a guilty complex or something?

I asked you to show me where I acted like the pharisee. The fact you could not do it. But came and attacked me, just further goes to who you cant back your own accusations..

don;t tell people they do something when you can not back it up. It makes you look bad.

People do not need to attack you. Just get you to talk. You contradict yourself..

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Notice a few things here....first, the washing, the sanctification, and the justification are in the past tense. It's about something that took place in the past. What it doesn't say is that they are washed, are sanctified are justified. This refers to the sample of initial grace that starts us on the race of faith. We experience the initial grace for a short time in order that we might then seek the Lord for His fulness by a full measure of grace....at the throne of grace.

Second, notice that the washing, the sanctification, and the justification are NOT A PROCESS... but were received as a free gift of grace. What is a process is for our minds to grasp that we need to go to God with faith. So then the process is overcoming our own unbelief. The actual healing, translation, sanctification....is an instantaneous gift from the Lord.

Now to experience the salvation of Christ over sin one needs faith...since we are to be saved by grace through faith. But who has faith nowadays?
Yes, this agrees with the parable of the ten virgins I believe. Initial deposit of oil that begins to run low and then having the extra oil which we need to really have been "purchasing" all along, by "counting the cost" and paying the price for our faith. Trimming the wick of our lamps, I believe refers to the flesh....circumcised a "second time" like the Israelites just before they crossed the Jordan? Having enough oil and faith to enter the wedding feast.

(These parables and living parables are told in a linear and chronological fashion but in the spirit, in a way, I wonder if things can sometimes be happening sort of concurrently.)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where do you get that from the passage? There was not even a church when Jesus spoke of this parable
I am sorry my friend. Only 1 produced fruit, of varying kinds.. Only that one was saved. Are you saying God saves people. Empowers them, Adopts them and gives him his spirit and they NEVER produce fruit?

You are not understanding that the fruit is an everlasting fruit. In all your posts you vastly underestimate what is at stake. I can only explain so far...then you have to seek the Lord for guidance.

The one who gets offended at persecution...is a carnal believer....one who reacts in the flesh. Read all the carnal reactions here...MANY MANY are the ones who get offended at the truth. It is seen as persecution....you yourself say you are under attack (that's the flesh reacting)...and as they once received the good news with joy...but then their joy waxes cold and they live from their carnal selves the rest of the way.

The ones who love their families TOO MUCH....are not worthy of the kingdom...but they are the righteous ones who care for the things of this world...feeding the hungry...etc. But it is still limited to the temporal level of consciousness...and never becomes eternal.

Then there are those who are translated into the perfect kingdom walk in order to bear fruit for different lengths of time.

Why do you not have faith in the power of God to change people.

I have actual faith...that God can tranform people into saints who walk without ANY sin...by walking in resurrection life. You have to see how you are speaking about yourself. I'm amazed at your blindness to this.
lol.. Abraham was considered righteous through his human righteousness?

Wow man.. Abraham, ths inner??

You do not understand Gods right standard. Abraham was not righteous humanly. He sinned many times after he was Accounted or imputed with righteousness

I met him over 40 years ago my friend.

You met Abraham? Abraham did not walk in the righteousness of Christ. He was a righteous man who believed God could do what He said. He is the father of many nations...not the few as Jesus is.
I love you you keep telling other people they are religious. When your whole gospel is based on self and religion.

Attack you?

I have not attacked you my friend, You have a guilty complex or something?

You have a very short memory...
I asked you to show me where I acted like the pharisee. The fact you could not do it. But came and attacked me, just further goes to who you cant back your own accusations..

Now you say I'm attacking you? Do you have a guilt complex...or something?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you to show me where I acted like the pharisee
I see part of acting like a Pharisee as following someone into all the threads they start to argue with what they share. They followed Jesus around looking for whatever they might find to accuse Him about.
It would be different if he followed others around but that’s not what happens. He mostly sticks to his own threads.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Second, notice that the washing, the sanctification, and the justification are NOT A PROCESS...
Word games. Try using a dictionary. From Definition of JUSTIFICATION
a
: the act or an instance of justifying something

Verbs are action words, which mean a process. The explicit fact is seen in the word form ending with -ing.

Because there is no word, ‘washafication,’ you were forced to keep the verb form of the word, washing. But I suppose you could make up the word. Consider also the other words you presented exist in verb form also, sanctifying and justifying.

That you make the preposterous statement that verbs are not process words reveal an agenda, undoubtedly tied to your doctrine.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual healing, translation, sanctification....is an instantaneous gift from the Lord.
This might be true in one sense but not another. If someone gives you seeds, the transfer of the gift is instantaneous. However, the fruit of the gift is not seen until many PROCESSES are completed, e.g., planting, watering, growing, pruning, harvesting, selling, etc.

Reactions: APAK and marks

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see part of acting like a Pharisee as following someone into all the threads they start to argue with what they share. They followed Jesus around looking for whatever they might find to accuse Him about.
It would be different if he followed others around but that’s not what happens. He mostly sticks to his own threads.
That does happen in Christendom. Except we have to remember that nobody here is Jesus. We're all ironing sharpening iron. As for me, there are some things that Episkopos says that are concerning and I believe need correcting or tweeking in the way they are either being understood or expressed. Other things I agree with, in pointing to the potential we have in Christ Jesus. In the end maybe we'll all come away with something we need. Just trying to eat the meat and sort out the bones.

I've come to regard everyone to be like the raven that fed Elijah (including myself).....everyone may have some bread to share, but we should never swallow the whole bird, because nobody is right about everything all the time. For one thing we only know in part.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That does happen in Christendom. Except we have to remember that nobody here is Jesus. We're all ironing sharpening iron. As for me, there are some things that Episkopos says that are concerning and I believe need correcting or tweeking in the way they are either being understood or expressed. Other things I agree with, in pointing to the potential we have in Christ Jesus. In the end maybe we'll all come away with something we need. Just trying to eat the meat and sort out the bones.

I've come to regard everyone to be like the raven that fed Elijah (including myself).....everyone may have some bread to share, but we should never swallow the whole bird, because nobody is right about everything all the time. For one thing we only know in part.
I disagree with this idea of a level playing field because it doesn't take into account what God is doing. If Christianity was only a theoretical idea from men...then you would have a point. We can all add in our ideas equally and contribute to the smorgasbord of concepts.

I'm for equal sharing...but not equal weight of sharing.

There is such a thing as authority, greater experience, understanding, wisdom, revelation..etc

I think you have a defense mechanism that you work through which I have identified for you again and again as the outer man. That outer man wants a say...wants to be accepted, saved, recognized. But the whole of God's counsel is against putting any confidence in the flesh.

Naturally, you don't see how the subtlety of the flesh creeps into your posts...not many will...since they themselves are also trying to do the same thing.

that's why spiritual authority is needed. Otherwise we are just building Babylon together...everyone doing their little bit.

What I'm teaching is actual truth...based on actual power and experience. You are free, of course, to challenge that...as you have done. And you have some points down...which you attribute to me being right...because you agree with it.

But I assure you that I'm speaking the truth even when you don't agree with me. What I don't know, I will admit to. We only know in part. But what is important to know I share...as the Lord has helped me to know.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There also people who will act as though they were persecuted and were not.

Persecution is not something you strive to achieve as Christian’s anyway; persecution for believing in Jesus can happen today?

Sure many people mock God or the validity of Jesus resurrecting or even that he even existed. And I have seen people mock God when sharing it with others online; in places where not many people talk about God unless someone brings it up.

Therefore mocking can be like “saved by grace through faith” that is convinent, or “God is evil because of all the things happening in the Old Testament for putting to death civilizations.”, or “someone may say you really believe in God? That is a joke”.

From my experience though; as a Christian though a lot of backlash comes from more of the places online where I could share information among them about the Lord.

There has not been much persecution though in my life for believing and having faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; but it’s said by Jesus you are blessed if you are persecuted but it is because him and his name sake which one is being persecuted or demeaned, or mocked.

That is at least how I see persecution being active in these situations.

There are people as I stated, though that will “act as though they have been persecuted” - and this can because of a lack of communication; or it can be just because someone doesn’t believe the same way as you do, or that I do.

Therefore as many people are believers in the death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus; there is no sense in persecuting people over their “held beliefs”, unless you have some type of authority from God.

God deals with man individually. All faiths have a different measure that is given. Some may be far away by believe in God and some may be very close to God by this measure.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I just disagree. Epi is very careful to say he doesn’t know or isn’t sure if I’ve ever asked him a question about something he isn’t sure of. But what he teaches as truth, he is right about. I have seen what he teaches all throughout the Bible. Once you see it, you then begin to see it everywhere and marvel that it’s right there, very plain to see, woven throughout the entire Bible.

I can think of two things I’ve asked him about that he thinks a certain way but isn’t adamant about. One is something I’ve asked more than once about the outer darkness and the other is - never mind, it popped clean out of my mind, sorry!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nothing wrong with having your own thoughts and speaking up for what you believe is true. You remember when the disciple were with Jesus and they fed the 5,000. That is yourself and many others out there being handed bread, or some fish to give to those who are hungry. Hungry spiritually, and not materially. Jesus is the everlasting bread of life and everlasting water; a spiritual refreshment and nutritious for the spiritually reborn in Christ.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ridiculous.
I also disagree with a level playing field that says, I am every bit as right as you are. It’s leaning toward that whole new agey thing of: that’s YOUR truth, it might not be someone else’s truth!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I think of people who have differing views; it seems to me that one has to have the ability if they are committed to what they believe.

To be humble in the allowance of God; who is the judge, to work in the mind and hearts of those who are believers by the spirit.

There are people out there whom feel that may be called to persecute and “correct others” but that is not what Christians really do. Though you can help correct your child from not burning his or hand on the stove. No one corrects the soul, with life and substance other than the Lord Jesus, and being familiar with all to versions of the written Gospels.

Learning about the word of God can really effect one’s soul, and lead into renewing the mind and heart when allowing God to work on your mind and heart by learning and growing.

People who differ in their subjective understanding and perception is not better or no worse than the others.

As all people are sinners and have come short of the glory of God.

Now adopted through the gospel of the messiah which is the power of God unto salvation having deliverance from the former ways of life and coming into a standing before God which one can have peace with the Father because of the works of the messiah on the cross, and his resurrection.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is hope, because the bible says if we judge ourselves we will not be judged with the world.
For if we would judge ourselves we would not be judged , but when we are chastened of GOD , for he does correct ,
Lets peek at that . See , ALL whom GOD does love he will correct , chastening us to REPENTANCE .
Now paul , by the SPIRIT used correction upon those in error as well
And they too SORROWED to repentance .
I have come to the full out conclusion that as GOD LOVES HE CORRECTS
if we loved we would correct and not just allow sin upon them .
Yet many today think those who correct are the haters . See how its flipped .
Yet what is hate . What does it mean to hate one in your heart.
Well , lets let the bible answer that .
YE shall not HATE your neighbor in your heart , you shall in any rebuke , correct them and not allow SIN upon them .
Satan knows how to twist words . like love and hate . So too do his ministirs .
We should have kept the pattern for all things IDENTICAL to the pattern both Christ and the apostels taught .
Leave leaven alone and what does it do , IT LEAVENS THE LUMP FULL .
Satan know that as well . Its why he preached a false love right into the church
But the lambs heed not the voice of strangers nor a stranger , ONLY the voice of the great shepard .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, this agrees with the parable of the ten virgins I believe. Initial deposit of oil that begins to run low and then having the extra oil which we need to really have been "purchasing" all along, by "counting the cost" and paying the price for our faith. Trimming the wick of our lamps, I believe refers to the flesh....circumcised a "second time" like the Israelites just before they crossed the Jordan? Having enough oil and faith to enter the wedding feast.

(These parables and living parables are told in a linear and chronological fashion but in the spirit, in a way, I wonder if things can sometimes be happening sort of concurrently.)
It says they TOOK NO OIL , they were FOOLISH . Five were wise , five were foolish .
Five followed the lamb , five did not .
Five had the SPIRIT , five did not
Yet both groups apparently claimed to know Him . Both groups knew of HIM but only one group KNEW HIM .
Lambs feast upon the holy words of GOD , tares feed upon what men give them to eat of and twisted doctrine cannot save them nor build them up . FIVE were WISE , five FOOLISH . Five knew HIM , five did not , but all knew things About him .
But knowing things about Christ and KNOWING HIM can indeed be VERY DIFFERENT .
He or she who is truly born again has the SPIRIT of GOD and of HIS CHRIST within them .
A new heart they have been given and that heart loveth and embraces the things PLEASING TO GOD
yet many have only some knowlege of Him and most of that knowledge has even been twisted to pervert another image of HIM .
Facts are facts as truth is truth . This too is why i often plead , beg and weep for folks to GET back into
the bible , by which those scriptures shall indeed make one truly wise unto salvatoin through FAITH IN CHRIST .
Too many have their faith in men , NOT IN CHRIST and its shows .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It says they TOOK NO OIL , they were FOOLISH . Five were wise , five were foolish .
Five followed the lamb , five did not .
Five had the SPIRIT , five did not
Yet both groups apparently claimed to know Him . Both groups knew of HIM but only one group KNEW HIM .
Lambs feast upon the holy words of GOD , tares feed upon what men give them to eat of and twisted doctrine cannot save them nor build them up . FIVE were WISE , five FOOLISH . Five knew HIM , five did not , but all knew things About him .
But knowing things about Christ and KNOWING HIM can indeed be VERY DIFFERENT .
He or she who is truly born again has the SPIRIT of GOD and of HIS CHRIST within them .
A new heart they have been given and that heart loveth and embraces the things PLEASING TO GOD
yet many have only some knowlege of Him and most of that knowledge has even been twisted to pervert another image of HIM .
Facts are facts as truth is truth . This too is why i often plead , beg and weep for folks to GET back into
the bible , by which those scriptures shall indeed make one truly wise unto salvatoin through FAITH IN CHRIST .
Too many have their faith in men , NOT IN CHRIST and its shows .
Brother hits the mark with this post.
And brother is spotted. Let the Lord be praised.
Let’s be of the group that took the oil and know the Lord Jesus.

Reactions: amigo de christo

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The loft, eh? Well, you sound so much like Jesus it’s uncanny. and Oh my gosh what a great teaching, I should print and frame it so I don’t forget all of the deep wisdom in it. And my how you have built us up in trust so splendidly.
You could use a bit of good teaching. Print it and frame it as you say.

Your sarcasm is noted as is your hubris.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Reactions: Lizbeth