Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said narcissism was a scale we all fall on somewhere. And that’s true. Weve all learned some of the tactics and have used them, even if not often.
"As with any personality disorder, any given individual will be somewhere on a spectrum, with the various specific traits and behaviors unique to the individual."

I'm not saying that everyone has every personality disorder. I apologize if I wasn't clear! What I meant was, those with a personality disorder will be somewhere on the spectrum of that disorder, and other related disorders. Hopefully that will clarify.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The children of sufferers of NPD are at great risk of NPD themself
You did say this. But I’m glad you don’t see it in me because I have fought hard to not ever, ever embrace any false way. I have been horrified in the past to see even a hint of PA or false avowal in me. If I’m mad, I admit it and figure out what made me mad. If I was impatient and snapped, I say, you know what…yeah, I did snap at you in impatience and I’m sorry. If I say I’m not angry, I’m telling the truth. I’ve worked hard at learning to be honest and truthful about what’s going on in me.

I also just saw you didn’t say it was a scale everyone falls on. But it’s true. And everyone has before been passively aggressive. We have to unlearn it and walk in the truth rather than the stupid subterfuge we were taught.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think your lofty claims tells the story. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I made no claims. What is the Biblical standard for one to be a Saint?

None of us have made that claim.. why do you still lie

Because the truth is not his ally.

Awww, no one will call you a saint, you poor thing.

I care not what man’s opinion is. Same question to you. What is the Biblical standard for one to be a Saint?

No. It is how I answer a person like you.

What verse informs us to answer people like me differently?

Reactions: APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And another verse says it’s only those who trust who actually DO keep the law. I can’t seem to find the verse.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan WAS defeated at the cross. And Jesus said "It is finished." Yet, we still see Satan prowling around like a roaring lion causing havoc. We need to see with the eyes of faith, not by sight. Things that were accomplished through the death and resurrection of Jesus are still in process of being enforced on earth so to speak. That is the battle and good fight of faith that we are engaged in.

2Pe 1:9

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Heb 2:8

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
Which is fairly close to what I was saying in another post regarding the present ministry of Christ in the heavenly sanctuary... It is this heavenly ministry of sanctifying believers and preparing them for eternity that is not yet finished. When Jesus said, "it is finished", which we hear repeated as if to say there was nothing more to do, was referring to the act of justification, the victory over sin and Satan that was accomplished at the cross... But as I said previously, we are justified by His death, but we are saved by His life, His resurrection life which He shares with us through the holy Spirit... That is what saves us, if we remain faithful. We know He will remain faithful... Will we? Yes, if we continue to live by faith, learning to trust God in every circumstance and hunting and thirsting after righteousness and His kingdom..

Reactions: marks and Lizbeth

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, and there are many many passages just the same. So we should never be discouraged, just keep trusting in the Lord.

Isaiah, inspired by God, wrote,

Isaiah 64:5-6 KJV
5) Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
6) But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Isaiah wrote this of himself.

Much love!
I think there is some confusion over that. Isaiah was saying his righteousness. Which is why we all need Christ's righteousness which comes to us as a gift. Out of our own boasting that we don't need Jesus and can do things in our own strength that is filthy rags, but we may testify of what Christ has accomplished in us.

Reactions: marks

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To walk as Jesus walked. To walk in the Light as He is in the light.

Do your own research.
Don’t claim authority you don’t have. If you can’t answer the Biblical standard of being a saint, just humble yourself and say so.

And if you cannot cite the verse that informs us to answer people like me differently, again just humble yourself and say so.

We might just be getting to the limits of your knowledge - and sneakiness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is some confusion over that. Isaiah was saying his righteousness. Which is why we all need Christ's righteousness which comes to us as a gift. Out of our own boasting that we don't need Jesus and can do things in our own strength that is filthy rags, but we may testify of what Christ has accomplished in us.
I'd point out that Isaiah said, all our righteousnesses, plural, meaning our righteous acts. The distinction is he's not talking about whether he himself is righteous or not, rather, our "righteous works". I know, a small thing, but I take note of these.

Much love!

Reactions: Brakelite

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And another verse says it’s only those who trust who actually DO keep the law. I can’t seem to find the verse.
No one keeps the law as required.

Now when we live the law of love. We will keep the law. Because we are outward focused not inward.

but we love because he first loved us, and gave his life for us

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so it is by faith he is saved? Just like Jesus said?
It is only through trust that any good thing has EVER come to me. I struggled for many years to trust more and more. Any time I began to worry and fuss in my mind about anything, I took the disobedience very seriously.

BUT, that does not mean God will not have mercy on whoever He wants to. If He wants to welcome into eternal habitations someone who received a prophet or someone who gave even a small kindness to one of His own body, He will most decidedly do as He pleases, even despite the protestations of religious men!