Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Racist remarks while similarly accusing others of being racist. It shouldn't be such a big deal to acknowledge and move on.

Much love!
When your stuck in a religious mindset, You cant admit you are wrong.. Because once you do this, Your arguments about how you are always right and everyone else is wrong comes crashing down.. so you have to blameshift and continue to deny you were wrong.

thats why you also have to confront such things, and hold them accountable.. To the world..

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When your stuck in a religious mindset, You cant admit you are wrong.. Because once you do this, Your arguments about how you are always right and everyone else is wrong comes crashing down.. so you have to blameshift and continue to deny you were wrong.

thats why you also have to confront such things, and hold them accountable.. To the world..
We're called to walk in truth.

Believing that Jesus told the truth when He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except by Me", is simply not racist.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is a tutor to lead us to christ.
I'm going to have to remember that.

I argue it is still useful for that purpose. The leader of a Bible Study says no, since Christ has come.

In my experience, people still need to be led to Christ because the simplicity of the Gospel escapes many. Easier for them to try to uphold 613 laws, they think.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it in the confederate flags you all venerate. I see it in the hypocrisy...the false doctrines...the virtue signalling...the faux love.
You are descpicable. Why should we not venerate our own history? Guess what? Some do not venerate their history. That's hypocrisy...the false doctrines...the virtue signalling...the faux love for you.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easier for them to try to uphold 613 laws, they think.

Here’s something else you should remember:

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the Law. For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the Law.” (Romans 13:8-10)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since you don't understand spiritual things at all...you should go back to the OT to see what imputation really is. It certainly is NOT what you think it is.
That's where you are completely off base. Imputation is a NEW TESTAMENT TRUTH based upon the finished work of Christ. So the first thing is to fully understand the finished work of Christ, and then see how God the Father has applied that to the believer.

Reactions: Wrangler

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think a word study on logidzomai - impute/reckon - would be meaningful.
True. But for those who cannot comprehend this glorious truth, they must go back to square one and see what Christ has accomplished for us in His death, burial, and resurrection. Justification, the remission of sins, imputation, sanctification, and glorification are all based upon God's eternal plan and purpose for His saints, and Christ multi-faceted FINISHED work of redemption (which includes His present ministry in the Heavenly Sanctuary).

And it is not only the death of Christ but the POWER OF THE SHED BLOOD OF CHRIST which is rarely touched upon. And then we have the work of the Holy Spirit within the believer and in the Body of Christ. All of this must be brought together and seen as purely a work of God's grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is a false statement.
Earlier I wrote; nobody gives a damn about God, nobody. Everyone is conceited with their own opinion.

there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. (Romans 3:11)

Which part of NO do you not understand?

"Jews say,'Christians have nothing to stand on,' and the Christians say, 'The Jews have nothing to stand on,' although they both recite the Scripture. Thus do those who know not speak the same as their words." (Qur'an 2.113)

Everyone is full of their own opinion. The church has lost its way and no one inside or out seem to be aware of it to the point of finding the path and walking in it again. The church is Ichabod (1 Samuel 4:21), the glory of the Lord has departed from it.

The really sad story is: "You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." (Revelation 3:17)

Indeed most simply fold their hands and deny the truth that stares them in the face.

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
"
(Jesus as quoted in Matt 5:13)

Behold the death of Christendom.

Even as we exchange our pitiful words the progress of history and time are at work. The church is dying, the same church that CLAIMS to be evangelical but is NOT - has NOT been for decades now.

We hide our heads in the sand hoping our thin excuses will cover us when it is the grave we unknowingly use for shelter. It is the grave that will cover us as the church withers and dies around us. Do you not know this? Do you not see it? Are you blind?

Deny the truth all day and night, but it will not remain hidden any longer. Everyone knows it except the ones who are responsible for its care and who have done nothing to rebuild it.

No one gives a damn about God.

Everyone loves his own opinion. Read these pages. Their opinions are written everywhere. Are you blind?

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Earlier I wrote; nobody gives a damn about God, nobody. Everyone is conceited with their own opinion.

"Jews say,'Christians have nothing to stand on,' and the Christians say, 'The Jews have nothing to stand on,' although they both recite the Scripture. Thus do those who know not speak the same as their words." (Qur'an 2.113)

Everyone is full of their own opinion. The church has lost its way and no one inside or out seem to be aware of it to the point of finding the path and walking in it again. The church is Ichabod (1 Samuel 4:21), the glory of the Lord has departed from it.

The really sad story is: "You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." (Revelation 3:17)

Indeed most simply fold their hands and deny the truth that stares them in the face.

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
"

Even as we exchange our pitiful words the progress of history and time are at work. The church is dying, the same church that CLAIMS to be evangelical but is NOT - has NOT been for decades now.

We hide our heads in the sand hoping our thin excuses will cover us when it is the grave we unknowingly use for shelter. It is the grave that will cover us as the church withers and dies around us. Do you not know this? Do you not see it? Are you blind?

Deny the truth all day and night, but it will not remain hidden any longer. Everyone knows it except the ones who are responsible for its care and who have done nothing to rebuild it.

Everyone loves his own opinion. Read these pages. Their opinions are written everywhere. Are you blind?

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Num 16:5 And he spoke to Core and all his assembly, saying, God has visited and known those that are his and who are holy, and has brought them to himself; and whom he has chosen for himself, he has brought to himself.

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
Joh 10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

1Co 8:3 But if anyone loves God, he is known by God.

I would disagree with you on--"No one gives a damn about God"--but then, you would disagree with me, and at the end--it is what stands written, in the Scriptures, Perfect Tense--and not our opinions.
J.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see it in the confederate flags you all venerate. I see it in the hypocrisy...the false doctrines...the virtue signalling...the faux love.
So you have the omniscience and omnipresence to see into men's hearts like Jesus was able to do. Its God's job to judge the hearts and intentions of man not mans job. That is verging on what the Pharisees did to others and the very thing Jesus rebukes them for episkipos.

Ephesians 4:29
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Num 16:5 And he spoke to Core and all his assembly, saying, God has visited and known those that are his and who are holy, and has brought them to himself; and whom he has chosen for himself, he has brought to himself.

Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me,
Joh 10:15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Joh 10:16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

1Co 8:3 But if anyone loves God, he is known by God.

I would disagree with you on--"No one gives a damn about God"--but then, you would disagree with me, and at the end--it is what stands written, in the Scriptures, Perfect Tense--and not our opinions.
J.
My comment that NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT GOD is true. I stand by it from the first letter to the last period.

Your numerous quotes of scripture are from the point of view of God. Read them again. I do not dispute a single one. They are true indeed, but they describe God's attitude, not that of man.

Please read this carefully;

Western culture is in a fatal state of decline.

Every leader from Pope to Presidents have admitted it. Only the man in the pew on Sunday morning is unaware and that's mostly because he or she hides themselves in repetitious religious slogans or baseless pagan traditions that have no spiritual value whatsoever. (1 Samuel 4:21) The spirit of the Lord has departed most of our churches. Nothing is left except the dog and pony shows we've developed for ourselves.

The core of western culture is Christendom and it is Christendom that is nearly extinguished even as we read and write each other's posts today. Do you not know this? Please logoff this site and go out and read the foreign press. American media is nothing but lies and sexist innuendo. American media is owned and operated by big business and the intelligence community. They do not have our best interests in mind. God does, but nobody gives a damn.

NO CULTURE EVER SURVIVED THE DEATH OF ITS RELIGION.

Read history. Better still be advised I have a Bachelor's degree in history and can cite endless examples. We are circling the drain of history and our churches are still bathing themselves in baseless traditions - as the Jews did before them. Do you not know this as well? Ask an atheist and you'll hear a true account. Ask a preacher and he'll ask for money.

I really don't care if you or anybody has an issue with my assertions. The truth of it will arrive soon enough. On that day everyone will speak in shock and awe and ask God 'why has this happened to us?'

On that day there will be no answer from heaven.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
My comment that NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT GOD is true. I stand by it from the first letter to the last period.

Your numerous quotes of scripture are from the point of view of God. Read them again. I do not dispute a single one. They are true indeed, but they describe God's attitude, not that of man.

Please read this carefully;

Western culture is in a fatal state of decline.

Every leader from Pope to Presidents have admitted it. Only the man in the pew on Sunday morning is unaware and that's mostly because he or she hides themselves in repetitious religious slogans or baseless pagan traditions that have no spiritual value whatsoever. (1 Samuel 4:21) The spirit of the Lord has departed most of our churches. Nothing is left except the dog and pony shows we've developed for ourselves.

The core of western culture is Christendom and it is Christendom that is nearly extinguished even as we read and write each other's posts today. Do you not know this? Please logoff this site and go out and read the foreign press. American media is nothing but lies and sexist innuendo. American media is owned and operated by big business and the intelligence community. They do not have our best interests in mind. God does, but nobody gives a damn.

NO CULTURE EVER SURVIVED THE DEATH OF ITS RELIGION.

Read history. Better still be advised I have a Bachelor's degree in history and can cite endless examples. We are circling the drain of history and our churches are still bathing themselves in baseless traditions - as the Jews did before them. Do you not know this as well? Ask an atheist and you'll hear a true account. Ask a preacher and he'll ask for money.

I really don't care if you or anybody has an issue with my assertions. The truth of it will arrive soon enough. On that day everyone will speak in shock and awe and ask God 'why has this happened to us?'

On that day there will be no answer from heaven.

I don't belong to any "Church denomination" but I hear your argument.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"

Hello to the one in the choir up there or just up there spouting off....;)

I just want to share my view on only one passage you raised in your post here, not to engulf you with many...Romans 3:11

Paul speaks of Psalms 14:2 as his backdrop into this subject...

Paul was strongly conveying to his audience that all Jews and non-Jews are under the curse of sin and they lived their lives like they did not understand the gravity of it or did not care, or obey the Law and the priests was good enough.
No one then understood their sinful state and what this means to their life, as none looked for God to rectify this deadly disease they have call sin. They have no understanding of spiritual things and zero spiritual knowledge of God. And more importantly they did not know how to rectify their sinful nature, their way to salvation. They thought they have no problem. No knowledge of Christ and the gospel. And therefore no one sought God because being carnal, natural and unspiritual did not realize they needed a new regenerated heart.

And finally in verse 20 Paul say the Law does not make us righteous before God. We must realize we are sinful in the flesh and God demands justice along with mercy. So we should now look to God for this mercy and become his righteousness through Christ - Christ himself our Savior is now our righteousness acceptable to Father.

And every genuine believer already knows and experiences this righteousness today this..amen.

///

Yes I agree with you, the passage of Patriot Act did a number on this country for sure.. a permanent stain and a real move to totalitarianism.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@[email protected]
@Johann
I find in both your posts above a great deal of truth. Even among churches who have received great light, it's members are essentially asleep. Dogs who are no longer barking, afraid of men's opinions on social media... Some saying you are gone soft on truth, others saying you are too extreme. So we become emasculated and of we were cattle, dehorned. Man's opinions of us have become more important than God's, because we have become victims of the constant barrage of the incessant grace movement that says obedience to God's Commandments and a strict harmony with Godliness is legalistic and a works based salvation. We have bought into lies, and we no longer have any fear of judgement and if Sinai was to be repeated in our day we would presumptuously go mountain climbing.
Our children and grandchildren have a greater knowledge of the relationships between Start Wars characters... Game of Thrones... Japanese anime... Than the leading patriarchs of the old testament, or the reformers of the new. Church had become a bore through a lack of vision, and all the leading pastors in Christendom now look to modern business practices to increase membership and entertain those that remain.
But @[email protected] , there is hope... There is a remnant. God is not without a witness in these last days.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many have been taught that sanctification is a process. But this is a smokescreen. No one gets holier with time. Maybe just holier than thou.

The Catholics also have a smokescreen. They call it "purgatory". But it's the same scheme....only with a different approach

What is the scheme? It is a reference to a denial that we can walk with God in holiness in THIS life...by grace through faith. That is our salvation. To walk with God as Jesus walked. No one does that gradually...it's not by works. It is a gift given to all who surrender themselves fully to God.

There are two paths we can follow...according to the ways of God. These are the ancient paths to walk in.

The way of righteousness. This way is the way of humility, honesty, brokenness and the fear of the Lord. This is the low road

The way of holiness in Christ: This is the narrow way that very few will find. This is the way of resurrection life...to walk as Jesus walked. This is the high road

Now, most believers walk in neither the low road nor the high road...(neither hot nor cold) instead they try to raise themselves up through a religious process...exemplified by Babylon.

The way up is actually down. Only God translates people into the higher walk. No one attains it over time.

We are to receive with MEEKNESS the implanted word. But that's not what happens, in most cases. In most cases a person who begins well gets seduced into placing themselves in a much higher place than they ought to. Let no one esteem himself higher than he should.

All religious efforts end the same way.
Looks like the is the responsibility of man and then God does His part. It’s called synergism .

1 Peter 1:13-16 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.

1 Thess 4:3-4
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality;That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like the is the responsibility of man and then God does His part. It’s called synergism .
No. God saving a man through the man’s trust then expecting continued trust is not synergism, evil works, or any other bad thing.

If nothing was expected of us, there would be no warnings. But the truth is, to whoever is given more, more is expected.

I think you maybe have some seeds of Calvinism still buried in your mind.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. God saving a man through the man’s trust then expecting continued trust is not synergism, evil works, or any other bad thing.

If nothing was expected of us, there would be no warnings. But the truth is, to whoever is given more, more is expected.

I think you maybe have some seeds of Calvinism still buried in your mind.
No synergism is not Calvinism you are confused .

Reactions: Eternally Grateful