Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of spiritual women here is the Bible's teaching on how they can be spiritual.

1 Tim 2:11-15
11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

1 Corinthians 14:34
women are to be silent in the churches. They are not permitted to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.

1 Corinthians 14:35
If they wish to inquire about something, they are to ask their own husbands at home; for it is dishonorable for a woman to speak in the church.

Titus 2:5
to be self-controlled, pure, managers of their households, kind, and subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be discredited.

1 Timothy 2:11
A woman must learn in quietness and full submissiveness.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man; she is to remain quiet.

1 Peter 3:1
Wives, in the same way, submit yourselves to your husbands, so that even if they refuse to believe the word, they will be won over without words by the behavior of their wives

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ephesians 4:13-16 KJV
13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
The verb--may grow--is Aorist, Passive, Subjunctive--

May grow up; this is opposed to being children; we are not to stand at a stay, but grow to maturity, Heb_6:1.

2) "May grow up into him in all things" (auksesomen eis auton ta panta) "We may grow with relationship to him in all respects or all points," in knowledge, grace, works, and experience, Eph_2:10; 2Pe_3:18.

2Pe 3:17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

But grow (auxanete de). Present active imperative of auxanō, in contrast with such a fate pictured in 2Pe_3:17, “but keep on growing.”
In the grace and knowledge (en chariti kai gnōsei). Locative case with en. Grow in both. Keep it up. See note on 2Pe_1:1 for the idiomatic use of the single article (tou) here, “of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.”
Robertson.

Did you notice the Aorist, Passive Subjunctive and here the Present, Active, Imperative marks?

➡ 1. Constative (Complexive, Punctiliar, Comprehensive, Global) Aorist . 241
➡ 2. Ingressive (Inceptive, Inchoative) Aorist . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 241
➡ 3. Consummative (Culminative, Ecbatic, Effective) Aorist . . . . . . . . . . . 241
4. Epistolary Aorist . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 242
5. Proleptic (Futuristic) Aorist . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 242
6. Immediate Past Aorist/Dramatic Aorist . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 242

--and the--
➡ 1. Instantaneous Present (Aoristic or Punctiliar Present) . . . . . . . . . . . . 221
➡ 2. Progressive Present (Descriptive Present) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 222--which is denied by some?

My apology for the edit--but I know you would understand why I believe in "progressive sanctification" and sanctification in the Aoristic, and our forensic justification.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Shalom to you and family, and keep on correcting me as you see fit.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the flesh vs the spirit. the NT supersedes the old and makes it obsolete for believers. Christ fulfilled it for us and we are no longer under the law.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Keturah

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Watch! Stand fast in the faith! Be men! Be strong!” (1 Corinthians 16:13)

But this is what feminism has done these last days…

“…they shall become as women. ” (Jeremiah 50:37)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God accidentally started feminism! Lol.
He sure did make a mistake with that Deborah…what was He thinking??

Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, it is a marvel that “scripture only“ turned immediately bad. But then, scripture only should have been subject to the prophets’ understanding and if you burn and imprison and kill them, you’re at a bit of a loss…
Hmm, I wonder how far you are taking this idea that we "need" prophets to interpret scripture for us and without prophets the church loses its way?

Isa 28:9

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

1Jo 2:20-28

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it
, and that no lie is of the truth.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Growing up means no longer needing to rely on spiritual “parents”, trusting in man, but having learned to rely on the Lord and be taught by Him….He is the Shepherd of our souls and His sheep know His voice. Doesn't necessarily mean He will never teach us any more through man, but when we are abiding in Him we recognize His voice, when what is being taught is of Him and when it is not. HE is not a man that He should lie......and David cried out that all men are liars.......I think that means we can expect no man is going to be right and speak truth all the time, so we must learn - by relying on the Spirit - to eat the meat and spit out the bones of what anyone says. It's like, as we grow from childhood into adulthood, learning to think for ourselves, we begin to realize that our parents are only human after all and subject to having faults and being wrong at times.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Wow…I never noted that verse. I had only found the one weaning verse!

Edit no, I recall Epi bringing that verse up once. I had just forgot it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lizbeth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sometimes God does something with a woman men do not expect or approve of.
Magdalene stood under the cross too.
Women were the first to see Jesus after His resurrection. I think women have an easier grasp with the beginning of the truth. But a harder to time with how that plays out.

Men, on the other hand I see as having a REAL hard time with how the truth is presented. But once they get on board, they are able to see it through. I think it has to do with logic. Women think about people. Men think about things.

The division of labour in a free society proves that point.

• Wow
Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, I wonder how far you are taking this idea that we "need" prophets to interpret scripture for us and without prophets the church loses its way?

Isa 28:9

1Jo 2:20-28

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it
, and that no lie is of the truth.

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Growing up means no longer needing to rely on spiritual “parents”, trusting in man, but having learned to rely on the Lord and be taught by Him….He is the Shepherd of our souls and His sheep know His voice. Doesn't necessarily mean He will never teach us any more through man, but when we are abiding in Him we recognize His voice, when what is being taught is of Him and when it is not. HE is not a man that He should lie......and David cried out that all men are liars.......I think that means we can expect no man is going to be right and speak truth all the time, so we must learn - by relying on the Spirit - to eat the meat and spit out the bones of what anyone says. It's like, as we grow from childhood into adulthood, learning to think for ourselves, we begin to realize that our parents are only human after all and subject to having faults and being wrong at times.
We are in dilapidated condition. I can’t convince you of that, I won’t even try. But I see more of the mistakes of Israel, repeated, than I do some magnificent edifice. But no one can help what they see.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women were the first to see Jesus after His resurrection. I think women have an easier grasp with the beginning of the truth. But a harder to time with how that plays out.

Men, on the other hand I see as having a REAL hard time with how the truth is presented. But once they get on board, they are able to see it through. I think it has to do with logic. Women think about people. Men think about things.

Stupendous…

Reactions: Episkopos

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

more humanism and human philosophy. Paul talks about it in Colossians 2:8. You reject the God ordained roles of men and women God has placed in the 2 Divine institutions that are a reflection of Him- Marriage and the Church. There are even roles within the Tr-Unity of God that involve humility and submission. If you cannot understand Gods nature and character then you cannot understand mans and how God created man in His own image and likeness. All heresy and false teaching starts with a wrong belief about God.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Vs. 7-13: A WARNING TO JUDAH

1. Here Isaiah pictures the filth and tragedy of drunkenness on the part of the leaders in Jerusalem (vs. 7-8; Isa_22:12-13; Jer_48:26)-drunken priests perverting judgment (Isa_24:2; Isa_24:5; Hab_2:15-16; Isa_59:11-14), and drunken prophets perverting the word they were responsible to proclaim in purity, (Isa_9:15; Isa_30:9-10; Isa_59:3-4; Jer_23:14).

2. Rebuffed by Isaiah's admonition, the people of Jerusalem resent and mock his method - saying that he is treating them like babes just weaned from their mother's breasts, (vs. 9-10; Heb_5:12-13; 1Pe_2:2; Psa_131:1-3).

3. But, the prophet assures them that, if they will not be admonished in plain, simple and understandable language, then God will instruct them in the language of the Chaldeans which they do not understand! (vs. 11; comp. 1Co_14:21).

4. The Lord offered them true rest and refreshment through trust in His Word; but they refused to hear; thus, they would stumble and fall backward - to be broken, snared and taken captive, (vs. 12-13; Isa_30:15; Jer_6:16; Mat_11:28-29; Isa_8:13-15; Mat_21:43-44).

J.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and marks