satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Do you all think satan had a chance to repent,I know he can't now for he is already sentenced to death,but did he.I say God is fair and for that reason I say he did

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
This is a very good question that leads to further understanding of who God is. We know all of his judgements are righteous, and his sentencing of Lucifer must have had precursory events that we are still ignorant of.Even though we won't know until we have a chance to ask God face to face, I would tend to agree with you. There must have been opportunity, prior to Lucifers all out rebellion, where he was dealt with in a righteous and judicious manner. But there must have been a line Lucy crossed and from that point forward was deemed unredeemable.

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
Hey y'all,I had some fragments of verses in my mind and does this help, as I finally found what I was looking for: Ezekiel 28:13" Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbincle, and gold; the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.Thou art the anonted cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created,till iniquity was found in thee.By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned;therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God; and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness;I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick;therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee; thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."**********The garden of God- this is added to leave us in no doubt as to what is meant by Eden, and to show that it was no mere " summer residence" of the prince of Tyre, but the " garden" of Gen. 2perfect....created Referring to the period before Satan's fallmerchandise-traffic, or going about...Hence it meant calumniator ( slanderer), in a moral sense

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks Ros,So often we forget that Satan was the most beautiful and gifted/knowing powerful archangel God ever created he was not some mere man subject to the limited vision of things man is nor is he this ugly little guy in a red suit and pointed tail. He was so powerful and knowledgable and beatiful that he became so full of pride and envy that he thought he should/could be God.This battle between God and Satan goes on to this very day

ROS777

Sep 21, 2006
You're exactly right, Kriss.We need not waste any sympathy on the devil.If we need to feel compassion, we ought to feel sorry for the ones duped by the devil. :pray:

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent question and I appreciate the response and thought put into it thus far. It is my belief that the one being condemned by God had every chance in the world and would have been given that chance at repentence. John 17:12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(ROS777;6014)
You're exactly right, Kriss.We need not waste any sympathy on the devil.If we need to feel compassion, we ought to feel sorry for the ones duped by the devil. :pray:
You got that right