Saturday is Sabbath day...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I do not deny the quotation. I told the Sabbath is good, because from God.
I do not judgment anyone in questions of the day...

I said that this is not true, when someone is resting on Sundays, and says that he is obedience of the Decalogue - I'm wrong?

Judging anyone because they do not keep a certain holy day is wrong per New Testment doctrine. That includes the sabbath.

Col 2:12-17
12 Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, Who hath raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(KJV)

This is why Jesus said the sabbath was made for... man, and not that man was made for... the sabbath.

It's simply not a 'ritual' ordinance anymore like it was under the Old Covenant. It instead exists today as a shadow of the things to come in the next world with Christ.

Today, Christ Jesus is our Rest until His coming.

We have a similar example with Christ having become our Passover sacrificed for us per 2 Corinthians 5:7. God said Israel was to keep His passover to all generations, yet Christ changed HOW we are to keep it; He became our Passover Lamb for us, so we don't keep the Passover in the old ritual way of the Old Testament time, but under a new Way per The New Covenant Jesus Christ.

Therefore under the New Covenant, the strict keeping of a sabbath day, whether it be on any day of the week, is up to the individual. Christians are not to judge others if they do keep it like in Old Testament times, nor are those to judge others for not doing it either. This is part of the Liberty that is in Christ Jesus under the New Covenant.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
KJV
This is for all of you who believe that it does not matter which day you worship on, for it does matter to YHWH. It is a fact that the first day worship was started by the Papacy and is their claim of authority for trying to change the laws of God. If you have any desire for salvation you need to rethink your position on the Sabbath. And this is just one the warnings about adding to or taking away from the words of the Book as there are many in the Word. How can you turn your back on the Creator and then expect salvation from Him?
Rev 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
KJV
There is no division between Jew and Gentile as all are grafted into the same vine which is Christ [Yeshshua], I believe Paul makes this point very clearly.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Therefore under the New Covenant, the strict keeping of a sabbath day, whether it be on any day of the week, is up to the individual. Christians are not to judge others if they do keep it like in Old Testament times, nor are those to judge others for not doing it either.

Do you say too, you are not allowed to "judge" when someone says hypocritically?

When someone is resting on Sunday and says he respects the Decalogue - says not true. This is not "judge", this is a statement of fact.

If somebody believes that the Sabbath has been canceled as well as sacrifices - free will.
But if someone resting on Sundays and on Saturday working and says he respects the fourth commandment of the Decalogue, because, "written to rest in the Lord's day" - he tells a lie.

Who does not respect the Sabbath should just speak so that he does not respect, because he does not have to.

I have not told that Christians must respect the Sabbath, but that I believe this to be good, because it is a commandment of God, how did you well say - for man, for the good of man.

But in Scripture does not order for rest on Sunday. This order came from Rome, not from Scripture.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Do you say too, you are not allowed to "judge" when someone says hypocritically?

When someone is resting on Sunday and says he respects the Decalogue - says not true. This is not "judge", this is a statement of fact.

If somebody believes that the Sabbath has been canceled as well as sacrifice - free will.
But if someone resting on Sundays and on Saturday working and says he respects the fourth commandment of the Decalogue, because, "written to rest in the Lord's day" - he tells a lie.

Who does not respect the Sabbath should just speak so that he does not respect, because he does not have to.

I have not told that Christians must respect the Sabbath, but that I believe this to be good, because it is a commandment of God, how did you well say - for man, for the good of man.

Are we now still under the Old Covenant rituals and such? Not if one believes on Jesus Christ as God's promised Saviour Which is The New Covenant.

This is WHY Apostle Paul in Colossians 2 said to not let any man judge us (Christians) in respect to meat or drink, or holy days, OR the sabbath days. The Greek word sabbaton for "sabbath" there is from the Hebrew word for sabbath (shabbath).

So if one still wants to hold to a strict OT sabbath ritual like was done in OT times, fine, but don't try and make a religion out of it for others, because Jesus Christ The New Covenant made a change, and that's what His Apostle Paul in Colossians 2 is showing about it.

But judging others for not keeping a strict OT sabbath is wrong per The New Covenant according to Apostle Paul there.

So no, I'm not going to ALLOW you, nor anyone else here, to judge ME in such matters. You're free to think whatever you want, but it won't change that Colossians 2 Scripture as written.

Col 2:14-17
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(KJV)

For those who still desire to follow the Old Covenant ways, go to, but don't try to make it a Salvation requirement like the Pharisee converts of Acts 15 tried to make flesh circumcission a requirement of Salvation through the Blood of Christ Jesus.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
Veteran,

I have the feeling that you discuss with someone else, not with me.
Or my English is too weak and I am wrong an expression that you do not understand me.

I am not saying that Christians must observe the Sabbath. I do not judge anyone because of the day, but because of the lies. Show me where in the Decalogue is the order to rest on Sundays, then I admit you're right. Anyone who works on Saturday and rest on Sunday and says that he fills the Decalogue - he's lying.

Excuse me, but I personally end this topic with you, because I see you do not understand.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran,

I have the feeling that you discuss with someone else, not with me.
Or my English is too weak and I am wrong an expression that you do not understand me.

I am not saying that Christians must observe the Sabbath. I do not judge anyone because of the day, but because of the lies. Show me where in the Decalogue is the order to rest on Sundays, then I admit you're right. Anyone who works on Saturday and rest on Sunday and says that he fills the Decalogue - he's lying.

Excuse me, but I personally end this topic with you, because I see you do not understand.

I'm not judging you dear. But I do understand your question.

You're wanting me to prove to you that the Christian 'tradition' of a Sunday Sabbath is Biblical. Well, I did prove it, by what Paul taught in Colossians 2. How did I prove that?

It's simple. Per Colossians 2 as Christians we are NOT to judge anyone in respect to the following of holy days, nor the sabbath days.

Does that mean also that if a Christian wants to hold to Thursday as sabbath that they can per Colossians 2? YES!!! ANY day of the week if they want.

Just so happens that Christian tradition observed Sunday in remembrance of Christ's Resurrection, the first day of the week per Scripture, because that's when Christ's early Church during the disciples days often joined in worship together. That's actually how Sunday became a Christian sabbath tradition, because of their time of meeting on the first day of the week. And the early Protestants in the American colonies held to that Sunday tradition instead of Friday sundown to Saturday sundown per the OT way. And a little later, they even created blue laws to establish requirements for that Sunday sabbath in the U.S., which in some areas of the U.S. are still in effect to some degree (like no selling of alcohol on Sundays, etc.)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not recognize mocking in your own words:

"ooo, every week you repeat all the Psalms to God? is very interesting, especially for God ...

Besides that you are about 5 or more hours to sit on the internet - you are an interesting person ... ;)

Tell God sometimes something from himself in the place of pat rhymes ..."

You are blind AND a mocker.

Vashti

Nov 10, 2011
If you do not recognize mocking in your own words:
[...]
You are blind AND a mocker.

Sorry, but I'm not going to recognize what I wrote, even if you do not like it. In my view, God is not interested in slapping him over and over finished poems, even if these are his own Psalms. Yes, sing songs in churches, but this is not the same as personal prayer. I told you, quite honestly - pray this using your own mind and not someone else's.

But the tone of my post I'm sorry.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I'm not going to recognize what I wrote, even if you do not like it. In my view, God is not interested in slapping him over and over finished poems, even if these are his own Psalms. Yes, sing songs in churches, but this is not the same as personal prayer. I told you, quite honestly - pray this using your own mind and not someone else's.

But the tone of my post I'm sorry.

I appreciate that you recognized the tone of your post and apologized.

As far as prayer is concerned, there is no such this as an original prayer. You may think you are praying something original, but you are not - there is nothing new under the sun. Also, I never said that I prayer the Psalms at the expense of other prayer - that was you assumption.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Interesting, the thread went from the Sabbath to the battle of Gog and Magog then back to the Sabbath...Hard to keep up with who said what, when and where...but gonna stick my two cents worth in anyway...Since we can enter the Sabbath rest at anytime we wish, under the New Convent..as we are in Christ and Christ is in us...The Sabbath has not been moved, nor done away with it is still Friday sunset till Saturday sunset..as followers of Christ we can enter that sabbath rest daily...just being with God on a Saturday or a Sunday is not living, it is token religion...Being with God daily is living like Jesus..did He not listen and only do as the Father said..did He just wait until the Sabbath to rest?..he would leave His followers and go to pray, He was with the Father at all times...that is a Sabbath rest..Being with Him at all times...

But I will leave you all to this thread as to keep up with the disagreements on different topics takes away from the purpose of the thread..Love to all and have a blessed day..

Shep

Reactions: Shirley and veteran

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Interesting, the thread went from the Sabbath to the battle of Gog and Magog then back to the Sabbath...Hard to keep up with who said what, when and where...but gonna stick my two cents worth in anyway...Since we can enter the Sabbath rest at anytime we wish, under the New Convent..as we are in Christ and Christ is in us...The Sabbath has not been moved, nor done away with it is still Friday sunset till Saturday sunset..as followers of Christ we can enter that sabbath rest daily...just being with God on a Saturday or a Sunday is not living, it is token religion...Being with God daily is living like Jesus..did He not listen and only do as the Father said..did He just wait until the Sabbath to rest?..he would leave His followers and go to pray, He was with the Father at all times...that is a Sabbath rest..Being with Him at all times...

But I will leave you all to this thread as to keep up with the disagreements on different topics takes away from the purpose of the thread..Love to all and have a blessed day..

Shep

You got a rep boost from me for that.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
veteran,
Are you really saying that God[YHWH] did not Command you to keep the Sabbath?
Ex 20:8-11
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
KJV
Now you post a Commandment just like this where God[YHWH] changes His MInd about His Rest day. Your supposed first day tradition, not commandment, is from Catholic tradition only. It is their claim of authority over all Christianity and that which they used to kill over 50,000,000 true Christians from 538-1798AD. The first settlers in America were Puritans who were Sabbath Keepers and even their religion became tainted by outside forces coming in subvert it for their cause. It is all about power and no other reason. The Papacy wanted power to elicite money out of believers and they used Pergatory as the device to get what they wanted. But greed has no end.
In Revelation 18 god tells all to come out of Her.
Rev 18:4-8
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
KJV
Rev 14:8-12
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
KJV
The fact that Babylon has fallen in this verse is not the Papacy as they fell many centuries ago. This is the Protestant Churches of this country or the daughter Churches of the Great Whore. Those who have turned their backs on the Creator and His Sabbaths.
Zech 14:16-17
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
KJV
This is after the battle during the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Since all of the nations who came up against Jerusalem are required to celebrate the Feast days at that time and the holidays of our calendar are not listed in the Book, the warning of Revelation 22 stands.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
KJV
The holidays are added and the Holy Days are taken out. Which part of this do you not understand.? Is salvation not the reward desired by Christians? Why do they turn their backs of the one who holds their future in His hands.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
WE as partakers of the gift of Christ are not required to do any sacrifices as Christ fulfilled that duty for us, however our claendar in whole is from paganism and is not related to that of GOD, as His year starts in the spring as the 14th day of Abib is Passover at sunset, the time of the last Supper. Christ was our Passover sacrifice. He fulfilled all of the sacrifices of all of the law. There were sacrifices from the time that Adam sinned until Christ fulfilled them all in His own body and yes, He was fully Human at the time of His death. All of His miracles were from the Spirit of God which came down from Heaven as a dove. There is no place in scripture where we are to celebrate the birth of a man and that would be adding to the Word of God. You see He died on Wednesday, 31 AD, just before sunset and was placed in the tomb immediately before sunset, which as Thursday after sunset. He arose right at sunset on the Sabbath, Which was the venerable day of the sun as pagans call it. The time frame was 3 days as He gave the Pharasees the sign of Jonah as the only sign He would give them.
The shepherds were still in the fields when He was born at the end of September or the beginning of October as at the end of December it is the cold and rainy time of year and the sheep are in the folds for the remainder of winter as the shepherds would freeze to to death during that time of year. It is also the winter solstus, plus the 12 days of Christmas were the days when Rome suspended all laws and they ran Jews through the streets naked beating them to death as they ran. So now do you think celebrating that tradition is from God?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
This is for all of you who believe that it does not matter which day you worship on, for it does matter to YHWH. It is a fact that the first day worship was started by the Papacy and is their claim of authority for trying to change the laws of God. If you have any desire for salvation you need to rethink your position on the Sabbath. And this is just one the warnings about adding to or taking away from the words of the Book as there are many in the Word. How can you turn your back on the Creator and then expect salvation from Him?

The conclusion of the matter is this: Let those who have depth of the Spirit remember the Sabbath that is coming and Keep it holy 24/7 Just as our example has shown us.

Let everyone else carry on.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again to all who are contributing on topic - it has been interesting to hear what others say. Could anyone provide me with the exact scripture which states that Sunday becomes the day to celebrate Christ (in Acts?), or is this down to interpretation of the texts?
This is a useful link which is from this week and on this topic:
http://global.christianpost.com/news/should-all-christians-observe-the-seventh-day-sabbath-video-66229/

Peace and love to all of you this year - in Christ, Mike x

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
mcorba,
There is no scripture that nulifies the 4th Commandment of the decaloge, for that information you need to go to Catholic literature [catacism books], since they are the ones who cause the change. March 7, 321 AD Constantine, who was the emperor at the time, put out an edict, which stated that anyone not worshiping on the first day of the week would be put to death. This was the start of Papal power over the people of God. From 538AD until 1798 AD the papacy had over 50,000,000 Christians put to death for not worshiping on the first day of the week or adheering to their edicts. We live in a pagan land with pagan laws and holidays instead of YHWH [God's] Holy Days. Our calendar is pagan and all holidays in it are pagan. Since God is very specific with His worship, He gives us the same information many times so that we get it. The change of circumcision from the flesh to the heart is given many times in the old testament and long before it came to being. This is just one example of how God realizes that we are dull of hearing and have bad sight.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Thanks again to all who are contributing on topic - it has been interesting to hear what others say. Could anyone provide me with the exact scripture which states that Sunday becomes the day to celebrate Christ (in Acts?), or is this down to interpretation of the texts?
This is a useful link which is from this week and on this topic:

Peace and love to all of you this year - in Christ, Mike x

Which day is which is any ones guess. No one knows for certain especially after the dark ages which day is which. You can say we should be worshiping on the seventh day but has the seventh day been moved to the third days slot? Who Knows and Who Cares? Not God!! Follow Christ who walked with God and worshiped Him in Spirit and truth seven days a week.