School Providing Condoms To Kindergartners

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindergartners will get condoms if they askCharlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 6/29/2010 5:00:00 AM

teacher_reading.jpg
A school policy in a Massachusetts town is sparking reaction from a prominent traditional values group.​
As OneNewsNow reported Monday, Provincetown school officials have approved providing condoms to children as young as kindergarten age. Fox News Channel quoted the school superintendent, who justified the new policy with the argument that "children engage in sexuality with or without counseling, with or without condom availability."

But Concerned Women for America CEO Penny Nance believes it is nonsensical -- and when told that a child requesting a condom would receive counseling in how to use it, she responded:

"You know, this is just the worst kind of example of schools jumping over the parent-child relationship and getting in between the parent-child relationship," Nance laments, "and it absolutely makes no sense."

PennyNance.jpg
According to the CWFA spokeswoman it also opens the door for a child who is being sexually abused to be sent to request a condom, told by a nurse or counselor how to use it, and sent on their way to be abused again. She believes school officials ought to know that if a five-year-old child asks for a condom, there could be abuse going on.

"And it really just explains how out of step the political correctness of our country has gone," adds Nance.

Parents cannot opt their children out of the program, which will go into effect at the beginning of the new school year; and if a child asks for a condom, their parents will not be notified. The case has created quite a storm -- even the governor of Massachusetts is now asking that a second look be taken at the policy.​

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The school is saying now that it was a big misunderstanding with the media. They are planning to start this policy with 11-12 year old students.

Condom policy misunderstood, says superintendentCharlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 7/1/2010 4:30:00 AM
children%202.jpg
The Provincetown, Massachusetts, school superintendent is backtracking after news has spread that condoms would be passed out to kindergarten age children without parental notification or consent. (See earlier story)

Superintendent Beth Singer has issued an apology to parents over what she terms a "misunderstanding." She assures the policy will be reworded to clarify any confusion over the age. Nevertheless, the existing policy will still be employed, allowing children in the fifth-grade and up to request a condom. That will include a demonstration from a school nurse or counselor, who will show how and when to use them.

PennyNance.jpg
"The Massachusetts school system is being clearly the nanny state," comments Penny Nance, CEO of Concerned Women for America (CWA). "They are usurping parental authority and handing condoms to very young children."

"Still, 11- and 12-year-olds are allowed to go and ask for a condom [and] be given a condom without any parental consent, notification, [or] any sort of parental involvement," she laments.

But the CWA head goes on to suggest that school officials are overlooking another important point. "Often, when young girls are sexually active at that young of age, they are being abused by older men. This is not appropriate," she reiterates.

Nance stresses that any effective public school sex-education program needs to include parents in some way. It must also incorporate abstinence and truth, she says.

http://www.onenewsno...aspx?id=1072666

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an update on this story.

Revisions to condom policy just 'window dressing'Bill Bumpas - OneNewsNow - 7/20/2010 5:20:00 AM
condom.jpg
The Massachusetts school district that drew widespread criticism for approving a policy that provides condoms to children as young as kindergarten age has made some minor changes to the guidelines, but the adjustments still do not set an age or grade requirement for who can request condoms. (See earlier story)

One of the few tweaks the Provincetown School Committee made was that any responses from school health officials to a student's request for a condom would be "age-appropriate" and depend on "specific circumstances." But the policy will reportedly still allow students to ask for and receive condoms without parental consent.

Reilly.jpg
"I think it's the same policy. I think they've done a little bit of window dressing, but it sounds like the very same policy," notes Evelyn Reilly, director of public policy for Massachusetts Family Institute. "They're talking about...maybe limiting [the distribution] to fifth grade and up. But you know what? Fifth grade is still elementary school."

She contends the school district is violating the parents' constitutional rights in rearing their children, and she feels the Provincetown School Committee is "contributing to the delinquency of young children and putting them at huge risk."

Reilly hopes more parents who object to the plan will come forward and join forces with Massachusetts Family Institute to fight the condom distribution policy that is scheduled to take effect this fall.

http://www.onenewsno...aspx?id=1093124

mikefaulkner

Dec 21, 2010
Eddyville Kentucky
I do have to admit that handing out condemns in that low of a grade is a bit weird and most certainly not needed. Had they up the age to all 13 and 14 year olds I would not be against it. The world we live in today is much more different then the world of the past where people actually waited to have sex. The majority of the world today believes that children at a young age need to be taught about sex and what comes from sex and I am inclined to agree with that but I also feel that "when I become a parent" that I will teach the importance of saving oneself till they are married but with the mind that though I teach it and preach it, doesn't mean that my child will listen to me on everything I say. Therefore it is as a parent that we should teach safe sex to children...though I say wait till at least they are hitting puberty to teach it...not at the K level.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
The schools are horrible, any public school corrupts the child.. Homeschool the kids or find a good christian private school, there are drugs and sex all through public schools.