Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, the fact that you lost the debate on Calvinism made you into strong attackers against me as a person, calling me a heretic and deceived even within the context of this thread.

If it were not for the fact that I am trying to teach people here, and to give them doctrine that will save their souls, I wouldn't care about this at all. But as it is there are people who might listen to you and decide never to even look at what I have to offer to the body of Christ (as well as the unbelieving world). And this could even mean their eternal condemnation (or someone else's; since the level of maturity that a believer would miss from having my teachings absent would make them less of a witness for Christ) depending on where they are in their hearts. My reward is great according to what Jesus said in Matthew 5:10-12 whether they receive Jesus because of me or not (and/or whether they mature in their faith or not); but the persecution laid against me means that there are those who may never know the truth of the gospel as I bring it forth; and that is one less venue by which they might be able to receive salvation, and could be the deciding factor for them.

But since I have faith in the people to see through the slanders that you have leveled against me and to know that there is no reality behind them, I have confidence that there are those who will now go to the following thread and see what I have to say concerning the primary book in scripture that gives us the doctrines on salvation:

Commentary on Romans.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re the epitome of James 1:8
I do my best to obey what I believe the scripture is saying to me at any given moment.

So, at one point I may feel that the scripture is telling me to wipe off the dust of my feet against you; but then I go and pray: and feel that the Holy Ghost is directing me to give you more of a chance.

It is also true that we often do not know what the Lord's leading really is until we begin to take a step. If we stand still, we will get no leading from the Lord. But if we take a step in any direction, if it is the right direction, it will be confirmed. If it is the wrong direction, we will hear a voice behind us saying, "this is the way, walk in it".

You should consider that what I have said to you means that the Lord's patience has been wearing thin with you (although now you may be seeing the light, since I have not heard from any of you in about a day) but that He is extending to you a period of grace and mercy.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re #640 (Scripture is not the last word.)

You actually went through all the effort of retrieving that post by me, with the purpose of condemning me as mentally ill to the people who are watching. There isn't any malice in your heart, is there?

What did I ever do to you?

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I do not hide the fact that the world says I have a mental illness. Some scriptures that you should keep in mind:

1Co 1:23, But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24, But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25, Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26, For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27, But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28, And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29, That no flesh should glory in his presence.

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Co 2:16, For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Act 26:23, That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Act 26:24, And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
Act 26:25, But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
Act 26:26, For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
Act 26:27, King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Act 26:28, Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

Act 12:13, And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.
Act 12:14, And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
Act 12:15, And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
Act 12:16, But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

Jhn 17:14, I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

2Co 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Psa 69:9, For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Mar 3:21, And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

Jhn 10:19, There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
Jhn 10:20, And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
Jhn 10:21, Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

Please discontinue abusing Scripture to browbeat others and exalt yourself as you've done above.

Please explain to me how the scriptures above are determined by you to be "browbeating".

I feel that the majority of them have been given to show that there are many in the body of Christ who have been accused of being mentally ill, who in fact, aren't.

Scriptures given in their defense were not intended as being offensive, or abusive, to anyone here.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not change His mind . God’s plan was to use Jonah to bring about Nineveh's repentance .
Or why did God so heavy handedly bring Jonah to Nineveh . God’s intent was to show mercy to those that repent and justice to those that don’t . No change of mind just a demonstration of His mercy.
Blessings
Bill
Numbers 23:19.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is an answer to the apparent contradiction there; but I have forgotten what it was. There was/is a book on apparent Bible contradictions that has addressed it; but I have also forgotten the title of the book.