Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still the Lord God, who is not mad, changed his mind regarding Nineveh. For this reason the accusation is against God also. Not good. Not wise.

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok why did Jonah flee God ? What did Jonah know ?
Bill

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re #640 (Scripture is not the last word.)

You actually went through all the effort of retrieving that post by me, with the purpose of condemning me as mentally ill to the people who are watching. There isn't any malice in your heart, is there?

What did I ever do to you?

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I do not hide the fact that the world says I have a mental illness. Some scriptures that you should keep in mind:

1Co 1:23, But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24, But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25, Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26, For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27, But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28, And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29, That no flesh should glory in his presence.

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Co 2:16, For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Act 26:23, That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Act 26:24, And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
Act 26:25, But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
Act 26:26, For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
Act 26:27, King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Act 26:28, Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

Act 12:13, And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.
Act 12:14, And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
Act 12:15, And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
Act 12:16, But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

Jhn 17:14, I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

2Co 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Psa 69:9, For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Mar 3:21, And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself.

Jhn 10:19, There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
Jhn 10:20, And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
Jhn 10:21, Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humm
Bill
Was actually in the middle of posting post #646 when you posted that.

But really, there is no time limit for a response.

Sometimes we can even become busy away from the computer so that we cannot get to responding right away.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
re #640 (Scripture is not the last word.)

You actually went through all the effort of retrieving that post by me, with the purpose of condemning me as mentally ill to the people who are watching. There isn't any malice in your heart, is there?

What did I ever do to you?

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

I do not hide the fact that the world says I have a mental illness. Some scriptures that you should keep in mind:

1Co 1:23, But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24, But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25, Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26, For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27, But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28, And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29, That no flesh should glory in his presence.

2Co 5:13, For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

Hos 9:7, The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Co 2:16, For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Act 26:23, That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
Act 26:24, And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad.
Act 26:25, But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness.
Act 26:26, For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.
Act 26:27, King Agrippa, believest thou the prophets? I know that thou believest.
Act 26:28, Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.

Act 12:13, And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.
Act 12:14, And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
Act 12:15, And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
Act 12:16, But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

Jhn 17:14, I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

2Co 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8, For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9, And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10, Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
You've mentioned your mental illness on here several times so your point is lost on that fact.

I had a brother who was mentally ill, schizophrenic to be exact. I believe you and empathize with you over your mental illness.

Please discontinue abusing Scripture to browbeat others and exalt yourself as you've done above. Thanks.

Also, stop using 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. It is something you dont believe or embrace, it has to do with God doing the electing based on nothing in his elect, but all to his glory. You on the other hand believe God chose you because you did something first, a total denial of the Gospel of grace.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've mentioned your mental illness on here several times so your point is lost on that fact.

I had a brother who was mentally ill, schizophrenic to be exact. I believe you and empathize with you over your mental illness.

Please discontinue abusing Scripture to browbeat others and exalt yourself as you've done above. Thanks.

Also, stop using 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. It is something you dont believe or embrace, it has to do with God doing the electing based on nothing in his elect, but all to his glory. You on the other hand believe God chose you because you did something first, a total denial of the Gospel of grace.
Please discontinue being condescending and offensive in your posts; and I might consider acquiescing to your request.

The point of the scriptures above is that this label is something that comes from the world, not the Lord.

The Lord Himself was considered to be mentally ill by some of His peers, are you aware of that? I think that you responded to my post (#646: Scripture is not the last word.) before I could add the scriptures that speak of that fact.

So then, if the world considered the Lord Jesus Christ to be mentally ill (and were wrong about it) and we have His mind (see 1 Corinthians 2:16); how much more will the world say that we are mentally ill, though they are wrong about the issue; since we have His mind?

Yes I am saying that if you have never been called mentally ill by someone in the world, you very likely are not a believer and do not have the mind of Christ. When a person gets radically saved, the normal reaction from friends and family is to think that he or she has gone off the deep end.

People are also subjected to mental health treatment because family members think they are in a cult and the attempt is to "deprogram" them away from believing in Jesus.

Of course, being called mentally ill is not persecution. You (@Preacher4Truth) are mentally ill yourself; and I am not persecuting you by saying that. I am just saying that I perceive the signs of it in you. You should go and have yourself checked out by a psychiatrist. They say these things run in the family.

Last edited:

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um...that if Nineveh repented, God would change His mind about destroying it?
God did not change His mind . God’s plan was to use Jonah to bring about Nineveh's repentance .
Or why did God so heavy handedly bring Jonah to Nineveh . God’s intent was to show mercy to those that repent and justice to those that don’t . No change of mind just a demonstration of His mercy.
Blessings
Bill

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not change His mind . God’s plan was to use Jonah to bring about Nineveh's repentance .
Or why did God so heavy handedly bring Jonah to Nineveh . God intent was to show mercy to those that repent and justice to those that don’t . No change of mind just a demonstration of His mercy.
Blessings
Bill
If Nineveh had not repented, the Lord would have destroyed Nineveh. Nineveh repenting was not something that the Lord would do for them; they would have to do that all by their lonesome.

God knew that Nineveh would repent, of course. But with the direction in which Nineveh was headed, they would have been destroyed if Jonah hadn't preached to them (and if they had not rightly responded to his preaching).

When Jeremiah preached to Israel, the response was the opposite of Nineveh's. Did God preordain this wickedness on the part of Israel? It broaches the subject of whether evil comes from God or if it is a sideproduct of free will. Did God send Jonah to preach judgment to Israel, the whole while intending to cause Israel to reject his preaching so that He could pour out His judgments?

Did God just want an excuse to pour out His judgments on Israel, so He sent Jeremiah to warn them; and yet the whole while intended to harden Israel's heart so that He could hit them with judgment (and did so)?

Did God give the people of Israel a false opportunity to repent with Jeremiah, knowing that He would cause them to not receive His warnings?

Nineveh's repentance brought about God's change of mind: God repented and didn't destroy Nineveh when He previously intended to do so if nothing changed on Nineveh's part.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please discontinue being condescending and offensive in your posts; and I might consider acquiescing to your request.

The point of the scriptures above is that this label is something that comes from the world, not the Lord.

The Lord Himself was considered to be mentally ill by some of His peers, are you aware of that? I think that you responded to my post (#646: Scripture is not the last word.) before I could add the scriptures that speak of that fact.

So then, if the world considered the Lord Jesus Christ to be mentally ill (and were wrong about it) and we have His mind (see 1 Corinthians 2:16); how much more will the world say that we are mentally ill, though they are wrong about the issue; since we have His mind?

Yes I am saying that if you have never been called mentally ill by someone in the world, you very likely are not a believer and do not have the mind of Christ. When a person gets radically saved, the normal reaction from friends and family is to think that he or she has gone off the deep end.

People are also subjected to mental health treatment because family members think they are in a cult and the attempt is to "deprogram" them away from believing in Jesus.

Of course, being called mentally ill is not persecution. You (@Preacher4Truth) are mentally ill yourself; and I am not persecuting you by saying that. I am just saying that I perceive the signs of it in you. You should go and have yourself checked out by a psychiatrist. They say these things run in the family.
Lol! Wow. Yes, it runs in families and skips generations. He was the only one in ours, but thanks for your concern.

Hey, I'm not going to stop correcting your errors, so consider that fact and get used to it. You'll think it's condescending because of your arrogant mishandling of God's word we correct you on. I'm just going to make sure your heresies are put in check, and that is in nearly all of your posts.

Not sure what all your deprogramming from Jesus diatribe is about, I'm sure there is more to it when your family tried to help you.

The accusations against Jesus were unfounded. Those on you, not so much. I say this in concern for you.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's humorous the guy who calls others lost, of Satan, children of hell, and more, while lying about us wants us to not be offensive due to pointing out facts he's stated.

Hmmm.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was the only one in ours, but thanks for your concern.

No, he wasn't. It has also affected you. Really, you need to go and have yourself evaluated.

Not sure what all your deprogramming from Jesus diatribe is about, I'm sure there is more to it when your family tried to help you.

Actually I have heard about this happening with other people. They didn't do that with me unless they did so secretly; since my conversion to Christ was not through any organization or church group.

But yes, psychology attempts to deprogram people from being Jesus followers.

Three tenets of psychology in particular are set forth as a source of persecution for those Christians who would believe God's word and behave accordingly:

persecution complex: there is a definite condemnation of a worse diagnosis on those who have a certain mindset that the Lord Jesus told us to have in Matthew 5:10-12, Luke 6:22-23 and also what Paul wrote about as being righteous and godly in 2 Timothy 3:10-12.

religious preoccupation: if a person has a strong devotional time and is placed under observation, they will have to starve themselves from their normal practice if they don't want to have a worse diagnosis from the mental health system. If they are caught reading their Bible in the context of being under observation, they will be considered to have religious preoccupation and will be given a worse diagnosis. But such verses as 1 Peter 2:1-3 and Psalms 1 show us that it is important to desire the sincere milk of the word (to regard it as our necessary food--Job 23:12) and that if we meditate on God's word day and night, we will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, and our leaf shall always be green.

manic doctrine: Those who watch and wait for the return of the Lord Jesus, staying up late into the hours of the night, can be considered to be manic as they are observed by family members; yet such passages as Mark 13:33-37, 2 Corinthians 6:5, 2 Corinthians 11:27, and Revelation 3:3 show that this is a biblical practice.

Therefore much of what the psychiatric system is about is to persecute true believers (who obey the word of God, not those who are nominal in their faith being Christians in name only but who have no desire to be obedient) for behaving according to certain virtues that are exalted by Jesus and the apostles in the Holy Bible.

It just goes to show that the devil does not like obedience. he doesn't mind if you call yourself a believer as long as you don't obey God's word. The moment you do, there is a system in place that will catch you and put you in a situation where you are forced to be dependent on drugs and also be given the understanding that you do not have any kind of mental capacity to think properly, and told you in such a way that it will not be hidden from friends, family, and those you may be wanting to influence for the gospel; and so that the faith of Christianity in its truest form is undermined since those who would have the real knowledge of it are slandered and discredited as being unreliable sources (since they are diagnosed worse for that they are considered to have religious preoccupation).

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he wasn't. It has also affected you. Really, you need to go and have yourself evaluated.

I'm good, but thanks anyhow. :D

I'm simply trying to help you with your errors in doctrine and soteriology. Remember, Scripture is to be taken in context, not out of context as you do, when you see yourself being spoken of or about in passages when that's not the case. You're having issues with fantasy and reality and conflate these two things, but I emphasize with you. You don't do it on purpose and can't see it.

Remember, I'm here to help.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 5:15, But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

I know and you know that this little war didn't start with me. I didn't throw the first punch, as you are fully aware.

So if I responded in the flesh to your initial attacks on my character, I suppose that I should apologize to you.

I'm sorry that I behaved in a slightly less volatile manner than you would have yourselves if you had been put in the same situation. I got in the flesh when I should have simply taken it. I really did try to do that; but as I found myself drowning because of all of your attacks, I began to think that the only way to survive was to begin to go on the offensive to a certain extent. For that I apologize to you; for it is written,

Mat 5:44, But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45, That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46, For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47, And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I should have simply turned the other cheek over and over again (I really should have, Matthew 5:39); until I was taken up dead.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 5:15, But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

I know and you know that this little war didn't start with me. I didn't throw the first punch, as you are fully aware.

So if I responded in the flesh to your initial attacks on my character, I suppose that I should apologize to you.

I'm sorry that I behaved in a slightly less volatile manner than you would have yourselves if you had been put in the same situation. i got in the flesh and should have simply taken it. I really did try to do that; but as I found myself drowning because of all of your attacks, I began to think that the only way to survive was to begin to go on the offensive to a certain extent. For that I apologize to you; for it is written,

Mat 5:44, But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45, That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Mat 5:46, For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Mat 5:47, And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Mat 5:48, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I should have simply turned the other cheek over and over again (I really should have, Matthew 5:39); until I was taken up dead.
Oh, you began this whole thing. It started with your lies and calling us Satan, me in particular. You continue doing this same thing even to this day, well known fact. You're having trouble again separating fantasy from reality. But you do this in ignorance so there is empathy for you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're having issues with fantasy and reality and conflate these two things, but I emphasize with you.
I have no issues with fantasy and reality. I know what fantasy is. In the past, I have indeed escaped into a world of fantasy as a coping mechanism; but that is not true of me today.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you began this whole thing. It started with your lies and calling us Satan, me in particular.
There you go lying again. I have told you a million times that I was addressing the spirit behind your accusatory comments at that time.

Which proves that if that is where you think the first punch landed, your accusatory comments against me previous to that were the real landing of the first punch.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that at one point, I did try to point out to you that your posts seemed arrogant to a lot of people; but in that I was trying to help you by giving you constructive criticism. But you took that as a personal attack, I suppose.