Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Y'all consider me to be a heretic so I doubt you will be willing to learn from me; so I have nothing further to say to you.

Consider this thread to be unwatched by me from this point forward.

This time, I really do wipe off the dust of my feet against you, for the reason I stated above.

Perhaps someone like me will bring you the truth at some point in the future; but if you will not receive my words, how will you receive theirs?

I think, sadly, that Genesis 6:3 may indeed already apply.

It doesn't mean that I or the Lord love you any less. It just means that you are unable to receive the truth coming from me or anyone else at this time in your lives.
When you bring some truth, we'll let you know. So far you haven't brought any. A lot of hate, name-calling, heresy, out of context Scripture to make it say what you want? Yes, unfortunately, you bring that! It doesn't mean we hate you, or wish you ill that we point this out bro!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
What happened to that post that you posted that said if you were to convert to Calvinism, you'd be twice the child of hell as we are? Don't deny it, I saw it before you deleted it. It may not be word-for-word, but that's the gist of what you meant.
Well, it revealed more of his views and his heart. For me, once again it shows the rotten fruit of all this strange fire and charismatic chaos. The antics of the pentecostal /charismatic movement is self-indulgent & brings in a counterfeit spirit and it doesn't serve God. It does not produce good fruit, it is a very thin veneer, it only just looks good on the surface.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, if you'd quit calling us Satan worshippers too. You cry and bemoan being persecuted, yet you attack us, not our beliefs, but us. We don't attack you, but your beliefs.
That is always the way it goes. Up is down, black is white in their flipped view. They make the personal attacks but cry the poor victim. It demonstrates further to me the pattern of deception and distorting the truth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The claim that a person gives messages that spiritually goes beyond what is written by God Himself in the Holy Scripture identifies a false teacher. The Bible is sufficient and complete word of God.
This is the mindset of those who killed the prophets and crucified Christ. Yea, such words even condemn Christ and the apostles. Woe to those who meet the Spirit with judgment and reservations!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the mindset of those who killed the prophets and crucified Christ. Yea, such words even condemn Christ and the apostles. Woe to those who meet the Spirit with judgment and reservations!
Woe to apostle wannabees and false teachers, who want to write new chapters of the Bible.
None shall add or subtract to the scriptures and claim to be children of the Most High Holy God & follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything that contradicts the word of God is to be rejected, which is why we reject what you teach. That isn't holding to the same mindset of those who killed the prophets or crucified Christ. You're a prophet alright, a false prophet.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Woe to apostle wannabees and false teachers, who want to write new chapters of the Bible.
None shall add or subtract to the scriptures and claim to be children of the Most High Holy God & follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I agree.

But you who believe that the words of Christ are written only on tablets, after He has said in those writings that His words are spirit, are a spirit against Him, not for Him.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything that contradicts the word of God is to be rejected, which is why we reject what you teach. That isn't holding to the same mindset of those who killed the prophets or crucified Christ. You're a prophet alright, a false prophet.
No, obviously you reject [some] of what the scriptures say.

Categorically rejecting all that is "new" (Matthew 13:52), you have turned against Christ and fallen from grace.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 1:8. ☝☝
Someone who changes their mind is not "double minded" or "unstable."

By using this word from God against a brother, you say it against Him. Because that is the word from Christ regarding His little ones; and because that is exactly what God Himself did at Nineveh.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith
What happened to that post that you posted that said if you were to convert to Calvinism, you'd be twice the child of hell as we are? Don't deny it, I saw it before you deleted it. It may not be word-for-word, but that's the gist of what you meant.

I deleted it because I did not feel that the message would have been correct in light of the posts just previous to it. The context made it have a different message than what I intended.

But if you are attempting to condemn me for posting it in the first place, know that Jesus spoke similar words to people who were coming against Him in His ministry.

Mat 23:15, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

It really does seem like you jumped on that, as though it were going to give you some sort of victory over me in that I somehow sinned even further and am therefore even more the heretic and deceived person that you make me out to be:

For me, once again it shows the rotten fruit of all this strange fire and charismatic chaos.

Judge not according to the outward appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I deleted it because I did not feel that the message would have been correct in light of the posts just previous to it. The context made it have a different message than what I intended.

But if you are attempting to condemn me for posting it in the first place, know that Jesus spoke similar words to people who were coming against Him in His ministry.

Mat 23:15, Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

It really does seem like you jumped on that, as though it were going to give you some sort of victory over me in that I somehow sinned even further and am therefore even more the heretic and deceived person that you make me out to be.

Judge not according to the outward appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
So, quit lying when you say you haven’t called us Satan worshippers, okay? The lost worship Satan whether they believe it or not. They may not bow to him, go to places that have a service dedicated to him, but serve and worship him in word and deed.

Reactions: tzcho2

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you bring some truth, we'll let you know. So far you haven't brought any. A lot of hate, name-calling, heresy, out of context Scripture to make it say what you want? Yes, unfortunately, you bring that! It doesn't mean we hate you, or wish you ill that we point this out bro!
That's funny, because I feel that the name calling and heresy has been coming from your end of the stick.

(Yes, unfortunately you bring that!)

Jesus is the door by which we enter.

I remind you that in your (heretical) view of things, grace comes before and without faith and therefore a man can be saved apart from faith in Jesus. And then you have the gall to say that I am the one teaching heresy.

Jesus said,

Jhn 10:9, I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

and,

Jhn 14:6, Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I will add the words of Paul, which you say are taken out of context:

Rom 5:1, Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2, By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

These things are so basic to the true Christian faith it is unbelievable, in fact they are the foundation for our system of belief as real born again Christians.

And yet, your teaching (I think Calvin would roll over in his grave if he knew what people have done with his teaching if he was even any kind of man of the Lord) teaches that our access into grace is not by faith in Jesus Christ, but through the predetermined arbitrary choice of the Father (apart from faith). It is dangerous because it is only partially true (we are predestined, only according to the Father's foreknowledge of who will receive or reject His Son). But when it undermines the reality of salvation through faith in Jesus, it deters people from entering in through the door. And the problem with this is, if they don't enter in by the door, they don't enter.

Thus your heresy effectively keeps people out of the kingdom of God.

And if my teaching is heresy (which it is not), what harm does it do?

3Jo 1:11, Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

I am genuinely asking you this question.

I believe that the test of heresy lies in the harm that it does to the souls of those who believe in it.

What harm does understanding that the son who was given shall have the name of everlasting Father, do to the people who believe in it? if it is truly heresy, then there is harm to the soul that will result from it.

And yet Isaiah 9:6 shows that Jesus is the everlasting Father; and so does a careful examination of John 4:23-24 w/ John 14:7-11, Ephesians 4:5 w/ Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21, 1 Corinthians 12:3, and 1 Corinthians 8:6.

If it is heresy, refute it with scripture, instead of, yes, persecuting me by calling me a heretic and deceived over and over again just because I hold to a different belief than you do; since you are Tritheists rather than Trinitarian in your thinking.

I also have no hatred of any of you; I am attempting to win your souls to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ: my desire is that you might come to heaven alongside of me and the rest of the true church when the trumpet sounds.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, quit lying when you say you haven’t called us Satan worshippers, okay? The lost worship Satan whether they believe it or not. They may not bow to him, go to places that have a service dedicated to him, but serve and worship him in word and deed.
As I said before, I admit that I have indeed called you satan worshipers according to your definition of terms; but not according to mine. The testimony of what I believe about these things is evident in previous posts; lest we begin to go in circles on this subject.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming from someone who...

Believes they went to heaven but wasn’t allowed to see any of it...
Believes the Father became the Son, in other words, is a Modalist.
Repeatedly calls us lost and boo hoos every time his heresies are exposed.
Posits verse after verse into his posts without any rhyme or reason, offers no exegesis of them, either.

You’re the epitome of James 1:8

There is a rhyme and reason; and a method to my madness.

Rom 10:6, But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above; )
Rom 10:7, Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8, But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Heb 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eph 6:17, And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Also, if you want exegesis coming from me, it can be found in the following thread:

Commentary on Romans.

How about some exegesis coming from you?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't it funny, they blindfolded him?
In order that the scripture might still hold true (though technically it was not a blindfold):

1Co 2:9, But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Last edited:

Laish

Feb 17, 2019
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone who changes their mind is not "double minded" or "unstable."

By using this word from God against a brother, you say it against Him. Because that is the word from Christ regarding His little ones; and because that is exactly what God Himself did at Nineveh.
Open theism much ?
Talks about scripture not being the last word and can’t grasp the Scripture in front of him .
Bill

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Open theism much ?
Talks about scripture not being the last word and can’t grasp the Scripture in front of him .
Bill
Yes, the one passage was not applicable, that was my point. And yet, taking up so, is not without consequence.