Scripture is not the last word.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would only be mature to show which passages disagree with you in your OP.
But you don't.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

2 Timothy 3
And how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 4:4
But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Revelation 22:18
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Psalm 119
How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth.

Joshua 1:8
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Proverbs 30:5
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Deuteronomy 4:2
You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it,
that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you.

Deuteronomy 8:2-3
And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

James 1:21
Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.

1 Thessalonians 2:13
And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

John 17:17
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 22:36-40
“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Psalm 119:1-176
Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord! Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart, who also do no wrong, but walk in his ways! You have commanded your precepts to be kept diligently. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes!

1 Kings 2:3
And keep the charge of the Lord your God, walking in his ways and keeping his statutes, his commandments, his rules, and his testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn,
Although your intentions were not good, and unknowingly against the same word you think to defend...thank you, for presenting the foundation on which we should now be about building upon, just as it is described in Hebrews 4:12:

Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

That division was laid down with the flesh of Christ, and all who are born again of the spirit of God have experienced it. Although many apparently do not know what has occurred, and have returned to finish their days walking in the flesh. Would you now join Christ and enter into the promise, or also return to that Egypt of the former things, as many have?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I do, but not as you say. I was first taken up in the spirit, then drawn in the spirit to read the word of God, which is spirit. Even now, I go to His word for confirmation, but not confirmation in word, but in the spirit. The scriptures must be discerned spiritually.

But don't point to me with accusations. Point rather to God. Is it not enough that He is spirit?
No....this is still error

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about:

1 John 2:20 KJV
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

This is 1 John... Written to " little children"... Not the apostles.

I agree that we are not all Apostles and not on their level. That doesn't mean we are on a lesser level, but rather a different level with a different job and purpose which is no less important.

Yes, in John 16 he was talking to the Apostles; I am not denying that, by the way. But what do you make of the reference I gave?
He is confirming to them they know the trinity, and the authorative word of the Apostles. read down from verse19 down.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, as long as you agree that God can and does do what He wants , where He wants , how He wants , and to whom He wants.

He has spoken to me in the many years I have walked with Him...but not by quoting a scripture verse to me ( although often it is via a verse)

..Once He spike clearly saying ( and I heard a chucking though it... :) )
I was complaining to myself about a certain situation that I thought should be different...
He said clearly- "There is a God, and that God is not you."

This is why 'Scripture alone' is so important.
"He has spoken to me…" is not from God (including the chuckling); it is from the deceitfulness of your own heart.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why 'Scripture alone' is so important.
"He has spoken to me…" is not from God (including the chuckling); it is from the deceitfulness of your own heart.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not see the Spirit of God posting anywhere.
I did see your posts full of error however.
Are you saying the posts of scottA= the Spirit of God?

Perhaps you don't hear so good.

What is it to you if I am in Christ and He in me, and He has sent the Holy Spirit who speaks rather than me, all according to the promises of Christ? Follow Jesus.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it to you if I am in Christ and He in me, and He has sent the Holy Spirit who speaks rather than me, all according to the promises of Christ?
(smile) many don't know, Mark 13:11, 1 Corinthians 2:13, John 14:26, Luke 24:49.

be blessed.

PICJAG.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said he was taken up in the Spirit. He’s saying he’s on level with Paul and John.

He was taken up in the spirits is more like it.

#Hic
@ScottA's postings are the exact warning given in 2 John 1:9 with the phrase "Anyone who goes on ahead..."

Alistair Begg preached on this very issue the other day on REFNET. My wife daughter and I all listened to it. In fact, I think it was yesterday we heard it. It may be this message here, but I haven't listened to see if it is the same one.

Everyone should take warning.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it to you if I am in Christ and He in me, and He has sent the Holy Spirit who speaks rather than me, all according to the promises of Christ? Follow Jesus.
You were not caught up in the Spirit
You are not an Apostle.
The Spirit is not. Speaking thru you.
This is your flesh speaking

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA's postings are the exact warning given in 2 John 1:9 with the phrase "Anyone who goes on ahead..."

Alistair Begg preached on this very issue the other day on REFNET. My wife daughter and I all listened to it. In fact, I think it was yesterday we heard it. It may be this message here, but I haven't listened to see if it is the same one.

Everyone should take warning.
If you were at all correct, you would have to include Paul who said, "press on."

But, no, it is therefore you who "goes on ahead" against and not "abiding in the teaching, the same hath both the Father and the Son."

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were not caught up in the Spirit
You are not an Apostle.
The Spirit is not. Speaking thru you.
This is your flesh speaking
It is my testimony that you know nothing of me, God knows. But you, you speak against the Spirit.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my testimony that you know nothing of me, God knows. But you, you speak against the Spirit.
You are 100% correct we know nothing of you. But what we do know is God speaks to us via His word, the Bible. If I want to hear from Him, I open my bible and read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher4Truth

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are 100% we know nothing of you. But what we do know is God speaks to us via His word, the Bible. If I want to hear from Him, I open my bible and read.
Such half-truth, is not biblical. You take away what is written there of the Spirit, and of Christ during these times.