Scriptures that Arians, Semi-Arians, Unitarians, WTS/JW, etc., Don't Want You to Know About #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BUT...

Isaiah 41 says that God was ALONE when He created everything, and specifies that He was BY HIMSELF.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 45 Father reinforces the fact that Jehovah had no other Gods with Him, and in fact knows of NO OTHER GOD but Himself:

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Ergo, it’s evident that Jehovah is ONE God, manifest as three persons, and not three separate and distinct Gods.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour. ...
JEHOVAH Elohiym speaks of the true Godhead (family JEHOVAH), and all else are “no gods” at all [2 Kings 19:18; 2 Chronicles 13:9; Isaiah 37:19; Jeremiah 2:11, 5:7, 16:20; Acts 19:26; Galatians 4:8], and the Word of God is to be trusted over the “oppositions of science falsely so called” [1 Timothy 6:20], as it is written:

And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God. Exodus 8:10

Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. Deuteronomy 4:35

Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. Deuteronomy 4:39

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: Deuteronomy 6:4

So the LORD alone did lead him, and there was no strange god with him. Deuteronomy 32:12

There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky. Deuteronomy 33:26

There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. 1 Samuel 2:2

Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 2 Samuel 7:22

That all the people of the earth may know that the LORD is God, and that there is none else. 1 Kings 8:60

And Hezekiah prayed before the LORD, and said, O LORD God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth. 2 Kings 19:15

O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 1 Chronicles 17:20

For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Psalms 86:10

O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth. Isaiah 37:16

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another. Isaiah 48:11 [now see John 17:5]

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. Isaiah 44:8

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: Isaiah 45:5

Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God. Isaiah 45:14

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. Isaiah 45:18

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Isaiah 45:21

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. Isaiah 45:22

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Isaiah 46:9

For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. Isaiah 47:10 [a counterfeit to the I AM]

And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:27

Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? Malachi 2:10

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: Mark 12:29

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: Mark 12:32

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Romans 3:30

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. 1 Corinthians 8:4

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 Corinthians 8:6

Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one. Galatians 3:20

One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:6

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1 Timothy 2:5

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James 2:19

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 1 John 5:7​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isaiah 41 says that God was ALONE when He created everything, and specifies that He was BY HIMSELF.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 45 Father reinforces the fact that Jehovah had no other Gods with Him, and in fact knows of NO OTHER GOD but Himself:

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour. ...
Read the contexts (Isaiah 43-45) and see why JEHOVAH says what JEHOVAH says.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.​

JEHOVAH Elohiym, the uncreated Creators is in contrast to those which are 'created' and claim to be 'gods'. Isaiah 43:10 does not say there are not three distinct Persons/Beings, that are the Heavenly Trio. JEHOVAH Elohiym is alone (in contrast to all the false 'gods', the created beings) Saviour. Yet, as such, all three Persons/Beings, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit are such Saviours, that act together as a family to save.

Isaiah 45, is likewise given in same context, as JEHOVAH Elohiym is in contrast to the false created gods.:

Isa 45:20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.​

Isaiah 54:5 in Hebrew says "Makers".

The Person/Being of the Father, the Person/Being of the Son and the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit. The eternal heavenly Trio, not 'trinity', neither 'modality', but rather threefold harmony and symphony, the chord. The Father speaks, the Son repeats (Amen's the Father) and the Holy Ghost/Spirit impresses/resounds what the Son has given on behalf of the Father.

They are not one being/person. They are not "perfectly one suprabound", they are not "one in substance", they are not without body and parts (though the nature of the Holy Ghost/Spirit is a mystery not given in scripture).

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the contexts (Isaiah 43-45) and see why JEHOVAH says what JEHOVAH says.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.​

JEHOVAH Elohiym, the uncreated Creators is in contrast to those which are 'created' and claim to be 'gods'. Isaiah 43:10 does not say there are not three distinct Persons/Beings, that are the Heavenly Trio. JEHOVAH Elohiym is alone (in contrast to all the false 'gods', the created beings) Saviour. Yet, as such, all three Persons/Beings, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit are such Saviours, that act together as a family to save.

Isaiah 45, is likewise given in same context, as JEHOVAH Elohiym is in contrast to the false created gods.:

Isa 45:20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.​

Isaiah 54:5 in Hebrew says "Makers".

The Person/Being of the Father, the Person/Being of the Son and the Person/Being of the Holy Ghost/Spirit. The eternal heavenly Trio, not 'trinity', neither 'modality', but rather threefold harmony and symphony, the chord. The Father speaks, the Son repeats (Amen's the Father) and the Holy Ghost/Spirit impresses/resounds what the Son has given on behalf of the Father.

The scripture I posted is clear enough. I’ll stick with that.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're challenging JW's? I hope some JW's address your challenge. Might be interesting.
In one sense yes (moreso their WTS, for a JW believes what the WTS says, even when it flip flops on positions), and yet not only such persons, for the 'gauntlet' is thrown down to all that are mentioned in the OP title.

I also hope they read this material, and even try to attempt to address any one (I would prefer one passage at a time, but knowing WTS, it usually goes in a circle to the same old texts, based upon their incorrect a priori. This thread is to help them think about texts they do not normally consider, like the one in Hosea, or Psalms 24, etc) or all portions.

I am not so much up for 'interesting', as for a real prayerful exchange and searching of the word of God together that we might be "one" in it. Yet, I doubt many would respond, so as not to look openly embarrassed at their theological position. I find that the WTS is great at private dialogue, but not such much for public ones (though it has happened on a rare occasion). They are also great at asking questions, not so great at addressing questions presented to them (in my own experience). I have personally and face to face (in the flesh and person) dialogued with several kindly JW persons, and a few who were elders, and many online, etc. I have even met some going door to door, and I even asked if I could present on a topic that they generally agree with (state of the dead) in the Kingdom Hall. I was denied. They really ought to consider what may be shared, from JEHOVAH Elohiym for them, as for instance:

Sincerely Dead (Powerpoint)
https://archive.org/download/sincerely-dead/Sincerely Dead.pptx

Sincerely Dead (Video)
https://archive.org/download/sincerely-dead-aaron-earnest-june-22-2019/Sincerely Dead - Aaron Earnest - June 22, 2019.mp4

I can guarantee, they have not heard the half of what the Bible says on the subject (and if they would but consider the scriptures presented here, they would have a much greater understanding than those in their own precious WTS headquarters), even though they think that they are the final arbiter of truth.

(As a PS to the WTS/JW member, I can also show from the scripture (even their own KIT/NWT) that Jesus died on a 'cross', not a mere 'pole', but that is for another thread/topic.)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And "Emmanuel" (yet another name for the Son of God, as Michael is, and David is, and Israel is, etc) is only mentioned once (Matthew 1:23). And? Does the scarcity of the name negate it's weight as evidence for a given position in scripture?
All you give is YOUR opinions! Satan has given you a different savior. Jesus is my Savior!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one sense yes (moreso their WTS, for a JW believes what the WTS says, even when it flip flops on positions), and yet not only such persons, for the 'gauntlet' is thrown down to all that are mentioned in the OP title.
Kingdom Hall certainly "flip flops"!