Scriptures that Arians, Semi-Arians, Unitarians, WTS/JW, etc., Don't Want You to Know About #1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael had to get the Lord to rebuke Satan - because he dared not do it.

Michael is not Jesus, obviously.

Jud 1:9 Not even the chief angel Michael did this. In his quarrel with the Devil, when they argued about who would have the body of Moses, Michael did not dare condemn the Devil with insulting words, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"
Not the point of this thread please. Please read the OP carefully.

Yet, that you may consider in reply, See Zechariah 3:1-2. Then re-read Jude 1:9. The text does not say that Michael merely did not "dare not" "rebuke". It says, clearly, that Michael "did not dare condemn the Devil with insulting words" (sic). The koine Greek says blasphemous words. In other words, Michael/Jesus would never use the tactics of the devil in condemning the devil. Michael/Jesus came on behalf of the Father, as like in Zechariah 3, and must represent the Father's name and character perfectly. Therefore, Michael/Jesus could only speak that which the Father gave Him to speak (see also words: Joh_3:32-34, Joh_5:19, Joh_6:38-40, Joh_7:16, Joh_7:28-29, Joh_8:28, Joh_8:38, Joh_8:40, Joh_12:49, Joh_17:8). The devil was tempting Jesus to be like himself in character. Michael/Jesus refused and stuck to the mission given Him from the Father.

If you need any further information on Michael/Jesus in scripture, see Michael is Jesus?

Thank you. Back to the OP topic.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael (a symbolic name) is the Son (aka Jesus, E/Immanuel, David, Solomon, etc) of the Father, thus Deity (God, John 1:1c), the deliverer (Daniel 12:1) sent by the Father as His messenger to us ward. So, Yes, the Son is God (John 1:1c). Michael (a symbolic name) means He who is like God (the Father), see John 1:1b; Hebrew 1:3 "express image", whom the Son was with from/in eternity.

Who is the 'angel (the Son) of the LORD (the Father)" in Zechariah 3:1?

Is it verily the "LORD" (the Son) of vs 2, who says unto Satan, "The LORD (the Father) rebuke thee. ..."?, because the Son came on behalf of the Father to Joshua the High Priest.

Zechariah 3 and Jude are parallel in statements. Along with Daniel and Revelation. I show this in my linked studies in post 2 (this thread) - Michael is Jesus? .

Would you equate being "delivered" as being "saved" (2 Samuel 19:9; 1 Chronicles 11:14' Psalms 33:16):

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.​

Again, here:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon w as cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.​

I hope that is clear enough for you. Michael (symbolic name) is Christ (the Anointed of the Father, the Salvation which is of God). I have shown you from Daniel 12:1, and now Revelation 12:7-10.

Is the word "Dragon" used as a symbolic name of someone, or is there a natural lizard fighting in Heaven?

You see, verse 7 is written in parallel form, a 'chiasm'. If one is not symbolic, neither is the other, but if one is, so too the other.

So, using the Bible, in context, Revelation 12:7 and the word "Dragon" is a symbolic name and that symbol is identified in verse 9, correct, and the "Dragon" is really a symbolic name of "the Devil and Satan", yes?

Then the symbolic name of "Michael" should also be identified in the context too. Let's see:

The "Dragon" is "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan", and he is the one which "deceiveth", and is the "accuser" and "accused". It is so clear! Now, we need to look at "Michael" the same way, being consistent.

"Michael" is the "Christ" of the Father, is "the Lamb", is the "salvation" of God the Father, and is how people "overcame", and when Michael stands for the people, they are "delivered".

So, yes, the eternal and uncreated Son (Michael/Jesus) of the Father is "my Lord and my God" (John 20:28), "my Lord and Saviour" (2 Peter 1:11, 2:20, 3:2,18). I hope that has answered you as you need.
IOW, you have no Scriptures that say Michael is God or our Savior. None! I have plenty that say God our Savior and Jesus our Savior.

Reactions: amigo de christo

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures that Arians, Semi-Arians, Unitarians, WTS/JW, etc., Don't Want You to Know About #1

This thread is not about "trinitarianism". I am not a 'Trinitarian' (Roman Catholic Definition), and do not accept Nicene Creedalism. Any argument started about "trinitarianism" or Nicea has left the OP topic, and is merely wasting time or straw-manning a position not held by the OP.

The scripture (KJB) teaches that there are 3 eternal Heavenly Persons/Beings that work together, the eternal Heavenly Trio. The eternal Heavenly family. JEHOVAH Elohiym.

[1] The Being/Person of the Father (aka "the Ancient of Days" (Daniel 7:9,13,22), "the only true God" ("τον μονον αληθινον θεον"; "ton monon alethinon theon" of John 17:3, "τον θεον", "ton theon" of John 1:1b); "God said" (Genesis 1:3) - JEHOVAH

[2] The Being/Person of the Son (aka "Jesus", "the Son of Man" (Matthew 16:13), "the only begotten Son" ("ο μονογενης υιος"; "o monogenes uios" of John 1:18), "the Word was God" ("θεος ην ο λογος"; "theos en o logos" of John 1:1c; "God made" (Genesis 1:7)) - Jesus JEHOVAH (Genesis 49:18; Exodus 14:13; 2 Chronicles 20:17; Jonah 2:9; Psalms 119:174)

[3] The Being/Person of the Holy Ghost/Spirit of JEHOVAH (aka "another Comforter" (John 14:16), "the Spirit of truth" (John 14:17), "the Comforter ... the Holy Ghost" (John 14:26); "the Spirit of God" (Genesis 1:2), "God saw" (Genesis 1:31)) - The Holy Spirit of JEHOVAH.
The first text/passage to consider is:

Zec 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?​

Zec 3:1 ויראני את־יהושׁע הכהן הגדול עמד לפני מלאך יהוה והשׂטן עמד על־ימינו לשׂטנו׃
Zec 3:2 ויאמר יהוה אל־השׂטן יגער יהוה בך השׂטן ויגער יהוה בך הבחר בירושׁלם הלוא זה אוד מצל מאשׁ׃

Zec 3:1 waYar'ëniy et-y'hôshuª haKohën haGädôl omëd lif'nëy mal'akh' y'hwäh w'haSä†än omëd al-y'miynô l'si†'nô
Zec 3:2 waYomer y'hwäh el-haSä†än yig'ar y'hwäh B'khä haSä†än w'yig'ar y'hwäh B'khä haBochër Biyrûshäläim hálô zeh ûd muTZäl mëësh
Three "LORD", "יהוה", "y'hwäh", "JEHOVAH" are mentioned in Zechariah 3:2.

It is not one LORD mentioned 3 times, it is obvious that even one LORD that is standing on earth is speaking about another LORD in heaven, who is in agreement with another LORD. It is 3 Persons/Beings, each identified as an Individual or Personal "LORD".
So you're challenging JW's? I hope some JW's address your challenge. Might be interesting.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gen 19:24 (HOT) ויהוה המטיר על־סדם ועל־עמרה גפרית ואשׁ מאת יהוה מן־השׁמים׃

Gen 19:24 (HOT Translit.) wayhwäh him'†iyr al-š'dom w'al-ámoräh Gäf'riyt wäësh mëët y'hwäh min-haSHämäyim

Gen 19:24 (so called lxx) καὶ κύριος ἔβρεξεν ἐπὶ Σοδομα καὶ Γομορρα θεῖον καὶ πῦρ παρὰ κυρίου ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ​
So you know these Languages? What are you trying to prove?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our next text/passage:

Tit 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Tit 2:11 επεφανη γαρ η χαρις του θεου η σωτηριος πασιν ανθρωποις
Tit 2:12 παιδευουσα ημας ινα αρνησαμενοι την ασεβειαν και τας κοσμικας επιθυμιας σωφρονως και δικαιως και ευσεβως ζησωμεν εν τω νυν αιωνι
Tit 2:13 προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων ιησου χριστου
Tit 2:14 ος εδωκεν εαυτον υπερ ημων ινα λυτρωσηται ημας απο πασης ανομιας και καθαριση εαυτω λαον περιουσιον ζηλωτην καλων εργων
Tit 2:15 ταυτα λαλει και παρακαλει και ελεγχε μετα πασης επιταγης μηδεις σου περιφρονειτω
In Titus 2:11-15, we see that there is grace coming from God (του θεου), who is the Father of Jesus, and the grace that was sent by the Father is the Son Jesus Christ, the great God and our Saviour (του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων), even that blessed hope, who gave himself to redeem us.

That is two distinct Persons/Beings "tou theou", and the One sending the Other.
No Michael?

Reactions: Curtis

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems quite likely the reason for these HUGE posts he doesn't want to deal with individual Scriptures. Smokescreen!

Reactions: Curtis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you have a different savior than I do. Michael is mentioned 2 times in the NT. Jesus is mentioned at least 170 times.
And remember this too my friend . LET no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary and humility worshipping of angels . Beguile you of your REWARD .
Stick to CHRIST my friend . Micheal and Gabriel were both angels . Not JESUS . As you already said yourself .

Reactions: Curtis and kcnalp

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And remember this too my friend . LET no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary and humility worshipping of angels . Beguile you of your REWARD .
Stick to CHRIST my friend . Micheal and Gabriel were both angels . Not JESUS . As you already said yourself .
Colossians 2:18 is speaking about created 'angels' (messengers) such as Lucifer, or Gabriel, or mankind (2 Corinthians 11:13-15; Romans 1:25; 1 Timothy 4:1; Revelation 19:10, 22:8-9; &c). Colossians 2:18 is not speaking about the uncreated and eternal 'angels' (messengers) such as the Son of the Father, Michael/Jesus JEHOVAH (Malachi 3:1) and/or of the Holy Ghost/Spirit of JEHOVAH (Revelation 18:1), the two eternal Witnesses of the Father, His covering 'Angels'.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:18 is speaking about created 'angels' (messengers) such as Lucifer, or Gabriel, or mankind (2 Corinthians 11:13-15; Romans 1:25; 1 Timothy 4:1; Revelation 19:10, 22:8-9; &c). Colossians 2:18 is not speaking about the uncreated and eternal 'angels' (messengers) such as the Son of the Father, Michael/Jesus JEHOVAH (Malachi 3:1) and/or of the Holy Ghost/Spirit of JEHOVAH (Revelation 18:1), the two eternal Witnesses of the Father, His covering 'Angels'.
No Scripture for Michael being your Savior? I didn't think so.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Gods plurality is three in one, and not three separate and distinct Gods, is shown in just a few scriptures.

In Genesis 1 God, (Elohim in Hebrew, which translates literally as GODS) said let US make man in OUR image - which proves He’s God in plural form

BUT...

Isaiah 41 says that God was ALONE when He created everything, and specifies that He was BY HIMSELF.

Isa 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 45 Father reinforces the fact that Jehovah had no other Gods with Him, and in fact knows of NO OTHER GOD but Himself:

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isa 45:6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Ergo, it’s evident that Jehovah is ONE God, manifest as three persons, and not three separate and distinct Gods.

Which explains why the scriptures say God is ONE God, not 3 Gods

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Edit: here’s another one I just found that pertains:

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am Jehovah; and besides me there is no saviour.

Shalom Aleichem

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you have a different savior than I do. Michael is mentioned 2 times in the NT. Jesus is mentioned at least 170 times.
And "Emmanuel" (yet another name for the Son of God, as Michael is, and David is, and Israel is, etc) is only mentioned once (Matthew 1:23). And? Does the scarcity of the name negate it's weight as evidence for a given position in scripture?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Gods plurality is three in one, and not three separate and distinct Gods, is shown in just a few scriptures.
It is not as the erroneous "trinity", which teaches "three in one" and that 'God' has no body or parts (any may see that here - Proof that Jesus is God ). It is as the Bible teaches, the eternal Heavenly trio (threefold), which agree in one.

Every person who believes what the scriptures [KJB] teach, believes in the Deity and eternality of the person/being of the Father, the person/being of the Son [Jesus] and the person/being of the Holy Spirit. I do.

Those who thus believe the scriptures [KJB] fully agree with every text of scripture [KJB] which say that there is "One LORD" [Deuteronomy 6:4; Zechariah 14:9; Mark 12:29; 1 Corinthians 8:6 KJB], or "One God" [1 Corinthians 8:6 KJB, which is an expansion of Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29, etc KJB] or other texts such which say there is "no" other "God beside" JEHOVAH Elohiym [Deuteronomy 32:39; Isaiah 43:10, 44:6,8, 45:5,21 KJB]. I do.

Those who believe the scripture [KJB] agree fully with what they teach in that there is no other JEHOVAH Elohiym, but JEHOVAH Elohiym (as I do); though some may have a slight misunderstanding of what that specifically entails. The matter will fall into what the scripture [KJB] teaches about the persons/beings of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost/Spirit, and the word "one".

JEHOVAH [name, character, singular] Elohiym [3 persons, multiple]. At-one-ment. Not a single person, but 3 eternal Persons/Beings.

Not a three-headed hydra.

Not one person masquerading as three persons. Not one being with three personalities. Not two persons pretending to be a third person. Not two beings with three personalities.

Not a ventriliquist.

There are three persons/beings. Working in perfect musical harmony, symphony, and in a singular "chord" [thus 'one accord'].

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃

Gen 1:1 B'rëshiyt Bärä élohiym ët haSHämayim w'ët hääretz​

"God" [English] in Genesis 1:1, and in several other places is in the Hebrew, true plural 3 (minimum) or more, Elohiym. It is just the same as saying there is only One Gospel, and yet 4 Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and yet though there are 4 persons here, they together as a team/family, share one singular heart in matters of the Gospel. They do not disagree with one another, and the same for all of scriptures, from Genesis (Moses), Psalms (David, Solomon, Moses, Asaph, etc), Prophets (Samuel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel, Amos, & etal), and the NT writers (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Peter, James, Jude, Tertias, etc). Many persons, same (one) message. Like a marriage, Man & Woman and God uniting them as "one" family, spiritually as "one" (united) body.

You mistake the word "one" and do not understand how the Bible uses the word. It's clear how it defines the word (a simple and plain example):

1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.​

Did you see how the Bible defines "are one"? it means "agree in one", thus multiple persons/beings working in harmony, symphony, as a "chord" (like three individual notes that when sung together in harmony, make a unified sound, that cannot be made by the three individuals separately, which is why "three" and "trio" mean something different, just as "two", and "duo", or "four" and "quartet" are differing.)

You seem misunderstand the English language and of the multiple layers of the word "one".

Here are modern headlines for you, that agree with how the scripture uses the word in connection with Elohiym (the Trio, the Three Persons/Beings that work together in perfect harmony and symphony):

"Texas to wear 'We Are One' patch on jerseys in 2020" - Texas to wear 'We Are One' patch on jerseys in 2020

"WATCH: Southern University’s Human Jukebox Marching Band ‘We Are One’ video" - WATCH: Southern University’s Human Jukebox Marching Band ‘We Are One’ video

"Headlines from China: Biopic “The Iron Hammer” Will Premiere on “We Are One” Global Online Film Festival" - Headlines from China: Biopic “The Iron Hammer” Will Premiere on “We Are One” Global Online Film Festival |

"Abhixit – They Are One. Together!" - Love – Abhixit – They Are One. Together!

There is a hierarchy amidst the Godhead, the heavenly Trio. To be evidenced upon request.

More response coming on "one".

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Ergo, it’s evident that Jehovah is ONE God, manifest as three persons, and not three separate and distinct Gods.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: ...
Now, consider the definition of “one” in regards God, the disciples, marriage, covenant and atonement:

Deuteronomy 6:4 KJB - Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deuteronomy 6:4 HOT [read from Right to Left] -

שׁמע ישׂראל יהוה אלהינו יהוה אחד׃

Deuteronomy 6:4 HOT+ [read from Right to Left] -

אחד׃H259 יהוהH3068 אלהינוH430 יהוהH3068 ישׂראלH3478 שׁמעH8085

Side note:

The Hebrew word [H259] “אחד”, “'echâd” is not, [H905] “בּד”, “bad” nor, [H3173] “יחיד”, “yâchı̂yd”.

Side note, in the so-called LXX [*Septuagint, the work of Origen in his Hexapla, not the work of 70 or 72 Jewish scholars from the twelve tribes, and definitely not written before AD 100]

Deuteronomy 6:4 LXX* - “... Ἄκουε, Ισραηλ· κύριος ὁ θεὸς ἡμῶν κύριος εἷς ἐστιν·”

Deuteronomy 6:4 LXX+* - “... ακουεG191 V-PAD-2S ισραηλG2474 N-PRI κυριοςG2962 N-NSM οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM ημωνG1473 P-GP κυριοςG2962 N-NSM ειςG1519 A-NSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S”​

The Deuteronomy 6:4 KJB passage is quoted in the New Testament itself:

Mark 12:29 KJB - And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark 12:29 GNT - ὁ δὲ ᾿Ιησοῦς ἀπεκρίθη αὐτῷ ὅτι πρώτη πάντων ἐντολὴ· ἄκουε, ᾿Ισραήλ, Κύριος ὁ Θεὸς ἡμῶν Κύριος εἷς ἐστι·

Mark 12:29 GNT-TR+ - οG3588 T-NSM δεG1161 CONJ ιησουςG2424 N-NSM απεκριθηG611 V-ADI-3S αυτωG846 P-DSM οτιG3754 CONJ πρωτηG4413 A-NSF-S πασωνG3956 A-GPF τωνG3588 T-GPF εντολωνG1785 N-GPF ακουεG191 V-PAM-2S ισραηλG2474 N-PRI κυριοςG2962 N-NSM οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM ημωνG1473 P-1GP κυριοςG2962 N-NSM ειςG1520 A-NSM εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S​

This is clearly explained in more detail in 1 John 5:7,8 KJB:

1 John 5:7 KJB - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:7 GNT - ὅτι τρεῖς εἰσιν οἱ μαρτυροῦντες ἐν τῷ οὐρανῷ, ὁ Πατήρ, ὁ Λόγος και τὸ ῞Αγιον Πνεύμα, καὶ οὗτοι οι τρεῖς ἕν εἰσι·

1 John 5:7 GNT-TR+ - οτιG3754 CONJ τρειςG5140 A-NPM εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P οιG3588 T-NPM μαρτυρουντεςG3140 V-PAP-NPM ενG1722 PREP τωG3588 T-DSM ουρανωG3772 N-DSM οG3588 T-NSM πατηρG3962 N-NSM οG3588 T-NSM λογοςG3056 N-NSM καιG2532 CONJ τοG3588 T-NSN αγιονG40 A-NSN πνευμαG4151 N-NSN καιG2532 CONJ ουτοιG3778 D-NPM οιG3588 T-NPM τρειςG5140 A-NPM ενG1520 A-NSN εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P

1 John 5:8 KJB - And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 John 5:8 GNT - καὶ τρεῖς εἰσιν οι μαρτυροῦντες ἐν τῇ γῇ, τὸ Πνεῦμα καὶ τὸ ὕδωρ καὶ τὸ αἷμα, καὶ οἱ τρεῖς εἰς τὸ ἕν εἰσιν.

1 John 5:8 GNT-TR+ - καιG2532 CONJ τρειςG5140 A-NPM εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P οιG3588 T-NPM μαρτυρουντεςG3140 V-PAP-NPM ενG1722 PREP τηG3588 T-DSF γηG1093 N-DSF τοG3588 T-NSN πνευμαG4151 N-NSN καιG2532 CONJ τοG3588 T-NSN υδωρG5204 N-NSN καιG2532 CONJ τοG3588 T-NSN αιμαG129 N-NSN καιG2532 CONJ οιG3588 T-NPM τρειςG5140 A-NPM ειςG1519 PREP τοG3588 T-ASN ενG1520 A-ASN εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P​

Side note:

1 John 5:7 KJB - For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

1 John 5:8 KJB - And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.​

The evidence:

[1] Manuscripts [MSS]

Cursives [Greek lowercase]:

[01] #61 [aka Codex Montfortianus] - 16th Cent.
[02] #88 [aka Codex Regis [margin, 16th Cent.]] - 12th Cent.
[03] #177 [BSB Codex graeci 211 [margin, 15th Cent.] - 11th Cent.
[04] #221 [margin, 15th/16th Cent.] - 10th Cent.
[05] #429 [aka Codex Wolfenbuttel, margin, 16th Cent.] - 14th Cent.
[06] #629 [aka Codex Ottobonianus] - 14th Cent.
[07] #535 - 11th Cent.
[08] #636 [margin] - 15th Cent.
[09] #918 - 16th Cent.
[10] #2318 - 18th Cent.
[11] #2473 - 18th Cent.​

Latin:

[01] c [aka Codex Colbertinus, aka 6, 12th/13th Cent. [1200]]
[02] dem [aka Codex Demidovianus, aka 59, 13th Cent. [1250]]
[03] div [aka Codex Divionensis, aka –, 13th Cent. [1250]]
[04] l [aka Codex Legionensis, aka 67, 7th Cent. [750]]
[05] m [aka Codex Speculum, aka –, 4th-9th Cent.]
[06] p [aka Codex Perpinianensis, aka 54, 12th/13th Cent. [1150]]
[07] q [aka Codex Frisingensis, aka 64, 7h Cent. [650]]
[08] r [aka Codex Frisingensis, aka 64, 5th/6th Cent.]
[09] Vulgate [Clementine edition]
[10] La Cava Bible [aka Codex Cavensis [9th Cent.]]
[11] Codex Ulmensis [9th Cent.]
[12] C [aka Codex Complutensis, 10th Cent.]
[13] T [aka Codex Toletanus, 10th Cent.]
[14] Θ [Codex Theodulphianus, 10th Cent.]
[15] S 907 [aka Codex Sangallensis 907, 8th Cent.]
[16] S 63 [aka Codex Sangallensis 63, 9th Cent.]

“testimonium dicunt [or dant] in terra, spiritus [or: spiritus et] aqua et sanguis, et hi tres unum sunt in Christo Iesu. [8] et tres sunt, qui testimonium dicunt in caelo, pater verbum et spirtus.”​

[2] “Church Fathers”

[01] Tertullian [circa. AD 220]
[02] Cyprian of Carthage [circa. AD 258], Treatises (I 5:423): “... and again it is written of the Father, , and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, , 'And these three are one.' ...”
[03] Priscillan [circa. AD 358]
[04] The Speculum [5th Cent.], Pseudo-Augustine
[05] Creed “Esposito Fidei [5th/6th Cent.]
[06] Old Latin [5th/6th Cent.]
[07] Confession of Faith of Eugenius, Bishop of Carthage [circa. AD 484]
[08] Cassiodoris of Italy [circa. AD 480-570] in Complexiones in Ionis Epist. ad Parthos.​

also (these three with some variation), Cyprian, Ps-Cyprian, & Priscillian (died 385) Liber Apologeticus. And Contra-Varimadum, and Ps-Vigilius, Fulgentius of Ruspe (died 527) Responsio contra Arianos

[3] Lectionaries

[01] “some minority variant readings in lectionaries.”

“… “at least four Old Latin manuscripts, over eight ‘Church Fathers’ (including Cyprian who died A.D. 258), four Syriac editions, Slavic and Armenian manuscripts, over 600 distinct editions of the Textus Receptus from 1522 to 1881, 18 pre-Lutheran Bibles, and thousands of Vulgate manuscripts. Among Greek manuscripts which do omit this verse, 97% are late manuscripts, dated from the 10th century and later.”1 …” - Ridiculous KJV Bible Corrections - 1 John 5:7 Scams

“… Some Syriac Peshitto manuscripts, The Syriac Edition at Hamburg, Bishop Uscan’s Armenian Bible, the Armenian Edition of John Zohrob, the first printed Georgian Bible.

Early Latin witnesses include:
1) Tertullian who died in 220 A.D.
2) Cyprian of Carthage who died in 258 A.D.
3) Priscillan who died in 358 A.D.
4) The Speculum - Fifth century
5) A creed called Esposito Fidei - Fifth or sixth century
6) Old Latin - Fifth or sixth century
7) A Confession of Faith of Eugenius, Bishop of Carthage (484 A.D.)
8) Cassiodoris of Italy (480-570 A.D.)

Nine Manuscripts which contain 1 John 5:7-8:
#61 - Sixteenth century
#88 - Twelfth century
#221 - Tenth century
#429 - Fourteenth century
#629 - Fourteenth century
#535 - Eleventh century
#636 - Fifteenth century
#918 - Sixteenth century
#2318 - Eighteenth century

The evidence is overwhelming for the authenticity of 1 John 5:7-8. Keep in mind that it was Origen who was the father of the false manuscripts who removed this verse as he did verses like Acts 8:37 and Luke 24:40. The Alexandrian school was no friend of the true manuscripts which were taken from Antioch and mutilated according to Gnostic beliefs.” - http://www.scionofzion.com/1 john 5 78.htm

The Manuscripts which agree with the Egyptian/Alexandrian [ie, no 1 John 5:7]:

Aleph [aka Sinaiticus, aka 01, a codex, ], A [aka Alexandrinus, aka 02, a palimpsest, mid. 5th Cent.] B [aka Vaticanus, aka 03, a codex, ] K [aka 018, 9th Cent.] L [aka 020, 9th Cent.] P [aka 025, 9th Cent.] Psi [aka 044, 8th/9th Cent.] 048 [5th Cent.] 049 [9th Cent.] 056 [10th Cent.] 0142 [10th Cent.]
MAJORITY
Vulg-pt [Vulgate, portion]
Syr [Syriac]: pesh [Peshitta, early 2nd Cent.] harc [Harclean]
Cop [Coptic]: (sa) [Sahidic, Southern Egypt, 3rd - 10th Cent.] bo [Bohairic, Northern Egypt [Nile], 4th/5th Cent.]
Arm [Armenian] Eth [Ethiopic]​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Ergo, it’s evident that Jehovah is ONE God, manifest as three persons, and not three separate and distinct Gods.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD ...
Now, consider the definition of “one” in regards God, the disciples, marriage, covenant and atonement:

Marriage, in the King James Bible, uses these very same words to describe the at-one-ment of two persons of man-kind, a male and female in covenant relationship with God:

Genesis 2:24 KJB - Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Genesis 2:24 HOT [read from Right to Left] -
על־כן יעזב־אישׁ את־אביו ואת־אמו ודבק באשׁתו והיו לבשׂר אחד׃

Genesis 2:24 HOT+ [read from Right to Left] -
ואתH853 אביוH1 אתH853 אישׁH376 יעזבH5800 כןH3651 עלH5921
אחד׃H259 לבשׂרH1320 והיוH1961 באשׁתוH802 ודבקH1692 אמוH517​

Side note, in the so-called LXX [*Septuagint, the work of Origen in his Hexapla, not the work of 70 or 72 Jewish scholars from the twelve tribes, and definitely not written before AD 100]​

Genesis 2:24 LXX* - ἕνεκεν τούτου καταλείψει ἄνθρωπος τὸν πατέρα αὐτοῦ καὶ τὴν μητέρα αὐτοῦ καὶ προσκολληθήσεται πρὸς τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἔσονται οἱ δύο εἰς σάρκα μίαν.

Genesis 2:24 LXX+* - ενεκενPREP τουτουG3778 D-GSN καταλειψειG2641 V-FAI-3S ανθρωποςG444 N-NSM τονG3588 T-ASM πατεραG3962 N-ASM αυτουG846 D-GSM καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF μητεραG3384 N-ASF αυτουG846 D-GSM καιG2532 CONJ προσκολληθησεταιG4347 V-FPI-3S προςG4314 PREP τηνG3588 T-ASF γυναικαG1135 N-ASF αυτουG846 D-GSM καιG2532 CONJ εσονταιG1510 V-FMI-3P οιG3588 T-NPM δυοG1417 N-NUI ειςG1519 PREP σαρκαG4561 N-ASF μιανG1519 A-ASF​

See how “they”, being before “twain”, that is to say two persons, one male and one female, are to be after the marriage covenant, “one”:

Matthew 19:5 KJB - And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Matthew 19:5 GNT - καὶ εἶπεν, ἕνεκεν τούτου καταλείψει ἄνθρωπος τὸν πατέρα καὶ τὴν μητέρα καὶ κολληθήσεται τῇ γυναικὶ αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἔσονται οἱ δύο εἰς σάρκα μίαν;

Matthew 19:5 GNT-TR+ - καιG2532 CONJ ειπενG3004 V-2AAI-3S ενεκενG1752 PREP τουτουG3778 D-GSN καταλειψειG2641 V-FAI-3S ανθρωποςG444 N-NSM τονG3588 T-ASM πατεραG3962 N-ASM καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF μητεραG3384 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ προσκολληθησεταιG4347 V-FPI-3S τηG3588 T-DSF γυναικιG1135 N-DSF αυτουG846 P-GSM καιG2532 CONJ εσονταιG1510 V-FDI-3P οιG3588 T-NPM δυοG1417 A-NUI ειςG1519 PREP σαρκαG4561 N-ASF μιανG1520 A-ASF​

Matthew 19:6 KJB - Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:6 GNT - ὥστε οὐκέτι εἰσὶ δύο, ἀλλὰ σὰρξ μία. ὃ οὖν ὁ Θεὸς συνέζευξεν, ἄνθρωπος μὴ χωριζέτω.

Matthew 19:6 GNT-TR+ - ωστεG5620 CONJ ουκετιG3765 ADV-N εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P δυοG1417 A-NUI αλλαG235 CONJ σαρξG4561 N-NSF μιαG1520 A-NSF οG3739 R-ASN ουνG3767 CONJ οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM συνεζευξενG4801 V-AAI-3S ανθρωποςG444 N-NSM μηG3361 PRT-N χωριζετωG5563 V-PAM-3S​

Mark 10:6 KJB - But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

Mark 10:6 GNT - ἀπὸ δὲ ἀρχῆς κτίσεως ἄρσεν καὶ θῆλυ ἐποίησεν αὐτούς ὁ Θεός·

Mark 10:6 GNT-TR+ - αποG575 PREP δεG1161 CONJ αρχηςG746 N-GSF κτισεωςG2937 N-GSF αρσενG730 A-ASN καιG2532 CONJ θηλυG2338 A-ASN εποιησενG4160 V-AAI-3S αυτουςG846 P-APM οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM​

Mark 10:7 KJB - For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

Mark 10:7 GNT - ἕνεκεν τούτου καταλείψει ἄνθρωπος τὸν πατέρα αὐτοῦ καὶ τὴν μητέρα καὶ προσκολληθήσεται πρὸς τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ,

Mark 10:7 GNT-TR+ - ενεκενG1752 PREP τουτουG3778 D-GSN καταλειψειG2641 V-FAI-3S ανθρωποςG444 N-NSM τονG3588 T-ASM πατεραG3962 N-ASM αυτουG846 P-GSM καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF μητεραG3384 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ προσκολληθησεταιG4347 V-FPI-3S προςG4314 PREP τηνG3588 T-ASF γυναικαG1135 N-ASF αυτουG846 P-GSM​

Mark 10:8 KJB - And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

Mark 10:8 GNT - καὶ ἔσονται οἱ δύο εἰς σάρκα μίαν. ὥστε οὐκέτι εἰσὶ δύο, ἀλλὰ μία σάρξ·

Mark 10:8 GNT-TR+ - καιG2532 CONJ εσονταιG1510 V-FDI-3P οιG3588 T-NPM δυοG1417 A-NUI ειςG1519 PREP σαρκαG4561 N-ASF μιανG1520 A-ASF ωστεG5620 CONJ ουκετιG3765 ADV-N εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P δυοG1417 A-NUI αλλαG235 CONJ μιαG1520 A-NSF σαρξG4561 N-NSF​

Mark 10:9 KJB - What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Mark 10:9 GNT - ὃ οὖν ὁ Θεὸς συνέζευξεν ἄνθρωπος μὴ χωριζέτω.

Mark 10:9 GNT-TR+ - οG3739 R-ASN ουνG3767 CONJ οG3588 T-NSM θεοςG2316 N-NSM συνεζευξενG4801 V-AAI-3S ανθρωποςG444 N-NSM μηG3361 PRT-N χωριζετωG5563 V-PAM-3S​

1 Corinthians 6:16 KJB - What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

1 Corinthians 6:16 GNT - ἢ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι ὁ κολλώμενος τῇ πόρνῃ ἓν σῶμά ἐστιν; ἔσονται γάρ, φησίν, οἱ δύο εἰς σάρκα μίαν·

1 Corinthians 6:16 GNT-TR+ - ηG2228 PRT ουκG3756 PRT-N οιδατεG1492 V-RAI-2P οτιG3754 CONJ οG3588 T-NSM κολλωμενοςG2853 V-PPP-NSM τηG3588 T-DSF πορνηG4204 N-DSF ενG1520 A-NSN σωμαG4983 N-NSN εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S εσονταιG1510 V-FDI-3P γαρG1063 CONJ φησινG5346 V-PAI-3S οιG3588 T-NPM δυοG1417 A-NUI ειςG1519 PREP σαρκαG4561 N-ASF μιανG1520 A-ASF​

1 Corinthians 6:17 KJB - But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:17 GNT - ὁ δὲ κολλώμενος τῷ Κυρίῳ ἓν πνεῦμά ἐστι.

1 Corinthians 6:17 GNT-TR+ - οG3588 T-NSM δεG1161 CONJ κολλωμενοςG2853 V-PPP-NSM τωG3588 T-DSM κυριωG2962 N-DSM ενG1520 A-NSN πνευμαG4151 N-NSN εστινG1510 V-PAI-3S​

Ephesians 5:31 KJB - For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Ephesians 5:31 GNT - ἀντὶ τούτου καταλείψει ἄνθρωπος τὸν πατέρα αὐτοῦ καὶ τὴν μητέρα καὶ προσκολληθήσεται πρὸς τὴν γυναῖκα αὐτοῦ, καὶ ἔσονται οἱ δύο εἰς σάρκα μίαν.

Ephesians 5:31 GNT-TR+ - αντιG473 PREP τουτουG3778 D-GSN καταλειψειG2641 V-FAI-3S ανθρωποςG444 N-NSM τονG3588 T-ASM πατεραG3962 N-ASM αυτουG846 P-GSM καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF μητεραG3384 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ προσκολληθησεταιG4347 V-FPI-3S προςG4314 PREP τηνG3588 T-ASF γυναικαG1135 N-ASF αυτουG846 P-GSM καιG2532 CONJ εσονταιG1510 V-FDI-3P οιG3588 T-NPM δυοG1417 A-NUI ειςG1519 PREP σαρκαG4561 N-ASF μιανG1520 A-ASF​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They, which are entered into the marriage covenant, are to be one in purpose, in mind, in character, but not in person. This is how Jesus Christ even spoke of Himself and the Father, along with Himself and the Disciples, and even with the disciples amongst themselves, togetherness in mind, in purpose, in harmony, but not in person:

John 10:30 KJB - I and my Father are one.

John 10:30 GNT - εγω και ο πατηρ εν εσμεν

John 10:30 GNT-TR+ - εγωG1473 P-1NS καιG2532 CONJ οG3588 T-NSM πατηρG3962 N-NSM ενG1520 A-NSN εσμενG1510 V-PAI-1P​

John 17:11 KJB - And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:11 GNT - καὶ οὐκέτι εἰμὶ ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ, καὶ οὗτοι ἐν τῷ κόσμῳ εἰσί, κἀγὼ πρὸς σὲ ἔρχομαι. πάτερ ἅγιε, τήρησον αὐτοὺς ἐν τῷ ὀνόματί σου ᾧ δέδωκάς μοι, ἵνα ὦσιν ἓν καθὼς ἡμεῖς.

John 17:11 GNT-TR+ - καιG2532 CONJ ουκG3756 PRT-N ετιG2089 ADV ειμιG1510 V-PAI-1S ενG1722 PREP τωG3588 T-DSM κοσμωG2889 N-DSM καιG2532 CONJ ουτοιG3778 D-NPM ενG1722 PREP τωG3588 T-DSM κοσμωG2889 N-DSM εισινG1510 V-PAI-3P καιG2532 CONJ εγωG1473 P-1NS προςG4314 PREP σεG4771 P-2AS ερχομαιG2064 V-PNI-1S πατερG3962 N-VSM αγιεG40 A-VSM τηρησονG5083 V-AAM-2S αυτουςG846 P-APM ενG1722 PREP τωG3588 T-DSN ονοματιG3686 N-DSN σουG4771 P-2GS ουςG3739 R-APM δεδωκαςG1325 V-RAI-2S μοιG1473 P-1DS ιναG2443 CONJ ωσινG1510 V-PAS-3P ενG1520 A-NSN καθωςG2531 ADV ημειςG1473 P-1NP​

John 17:21 KJB - That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 17:21 GNT - ἵνα πάντες ἓν ὦσι, καθὼς σύ, πάτερ, ἐν ἐμοὶ κἀγὼ ἐν σοί, ἵνα καὶ αὐτοὶ ἐν ἡμῖν ἓν ὦσιν, ἵνα ὁ κόσμος πιστεύῃ ὅτι σύ με ἀπέστειλας.

John 17:21 GNT-TR+ - ιναG2443 CONJ παντεςG3956 A-NPM ενG1520 A-NSN ωσινG1510 V-PAS-3P καθωςG2531 ADV συG4771 P-2NS πατερG3962 N-VSM ενG1722 PREP εμοιG1473 P-1DS καγωG2504 P-1NS-K ενG1722 PREP σοιG4771 P-2DS ιναG2443 CONJ καιG2532 CONJ αυτοιG846 P-NPM ενG1722 PREP ημινG1473 P-1DP ενG1520 A-NSN ωσινG1510 V-PAS-3P ιναG2443 CONJ οG3588 T-NSM κοσμοςG2889 N-NSM πιστευσηG4100 V-AAS-3S οτιG3754 CONJ συG4771 P-2NS μεG1473 P-1AS απεστειλαςG649 V-AAI-2S​

John 17:22 KJB - And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

John 17:22 GNT - κἀγὼ τὴν δόξαν ἢν δέδωκάς μοι δέδωκα αὐτοῖς, ἵνα ὦσιν ἓν καθὼς ἡμεῖς ἕν ἐσμεν,

John 17:22 GNT-TR+ - καιG2532 CONJ εγωG1473 P-1NS τηνG3588 T-ASF δοξανG1391 N-ASF ηνG3739 R-ASF δεδωκαςG1325 V-RAI-2S μοιG1473 P-1DS δεδωκαG1325 V-RAI-1S αυτοιςG846 P-DPM ιναG2443 CONJ ωσινG1510 V-PAS-3P ενG1520 A-NSN καθωςG2531 ADV ημειςG1473 P-1NP ενG1520 A-NSN εσμενG1510 V-PAI-1P​

This is what prophecy said would be:

Ezekiel 11:19 KJB - And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 11:19 HOT [read from Right to Left] -
ונתתי להם לב אחד ורוח חדשׁה אתן בקרבכם והסרתי לב האבן מבשׂרם ונתתי להם לב בשׂר׃

Ezekiel 11:19 HOT+ [read from Right to Left] -
בקרבכםH7130 אתןH5414 חדשׁהH2319 ורוחH7307 אחדH259 להם לבH3820 ונתתיH5414
בשׂר׃H1320 להם לבH3820 ונתתיH5414 מבשׂרםH1320 האבןH68 לבH3820 והסרתיH5493​

Other passages which also speak of togetherness of multiplicity:

Genesis 1:26 KJB - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:27 KJB - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 11:4 KJB - And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 11:5 KJB - And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Genesis 11:7 KJB - Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Nehemiah 8:1 KJB - And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel.

Isaiah 6:8 KJB - Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Joshua 9:2 KJB - That they gathered themselves together, to fight with Joshua and with Israel, with one accord.

Matthew 18:19 KJB - Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

John 1:1 KJB - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 KJB - The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 KJB - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 3:11 KJB - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

Acts 1:14 KJB - These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Acts 2:1 KJB - And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

Acts 2:46 KJB - And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Acts 4:24 KJB - And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Acts 5:12 KJB - And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Acts 7:57 KJB - Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

Acts 8:6 KJB - And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

Acts 12:20 KJB - And Herod was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and, having made Blastus the king's chamberlain their friend, desired peace; because their country was nourished by the king's country.

Acts 15:15 KJB - And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

Acts 15:25 KJB - It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

Acts 18:12 KJB - And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat,

Acts 19:29 KJB - And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 12:16 KJB - Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Romans 15:6 KJB - That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:10 KJB - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

2 Corinthians 13:11 KJB - Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Ephesians 4:3 KJB - Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 KJB - There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Philippians 1:27 KJB - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2 KJB - Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Philippians 4:2 KJB - I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

1 Peter 3:8 KJB - Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

1 John 5:8 KJB - And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.​

As seen, even the wicked can be in a similar state:

Revelation 17:13 KJB - These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Revelation 17:13 GNT - οὗτοι μίαν γνώμην ἔχουσι, καὶ τὴν δύναμιν καὶ τὴν ἐξουσίαν αὐτῶν τῷ θηρίῳ διδόασιν.

Revelation 17:13 GNT-TR+ - ουτοιG3778 D-NPM μιανG1520 A-ASF γνωμηνG1106 N-ASF εχουσινG2192 V-PAI-3P καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF δυναμινG1411 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ τηνG3588 T-ASF εξουσιανG1849 N-ASF εαυτωνG1438 F-3GPM τωG3588 T-DSN θηριωG2342 N-DSN διαδιδωσουσινG1239 V-PAI-3P​

Revelation 17:17 KJB - For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Revelation 17:17 GNT - ὁ γὰρ Θεὸς ἔδωκεν εἰς τὰς καρδίας αὐτῶν ποιῆσαι τὴν γνώμην αὐτοῦ, καὶ ποιῆσαι μίαν γνώμην καὶ δοῦναι τὴν βασιλείαν αὐτῶν τῷ θηρίῳ ἄχρι τελεσθῶσιν οἱ λόγοι τοῦ Θεοῦ.

Revelation 17:17 GNT-TR+ - οG3588 T-NSM γαρG1063 CONJ θεοςG2316 N-NSM εδωκενG1325 V-AAI-3S ειςG1519 PREP ταςG3588 T-APF καρδιαςG2588 N-APF αυτωνG846 P-GPM ποιησαιG4160 V-AAN τηνG3588 T-ASF γνωμηνG1106 N-ASF αυτουG846 P-GSM καιG2532 CONJ ποιησαιG4160 V-AAN μιανG1520 A-ASF γνωμηνG1106 N-ASF καιG2532 CONJ δουναιG1325 V-2AAN τηνG3588 T-ASF βασιλειανG932 N-ASF αυτωνG846 P-GPM τωG3588 T-DSN θηριωG2342 N-DSN αχριG891 ADV τελεσθηG5055 V-APS-3S ταG3588 T-NPN ρηματαG4487 N-NPN τουG3588 T-GSM θεουG2316 N-GSM​

The Bible [King James Bible for English] is a specific example of this “at-one-ment”, itself not only being a work of God and man-kind [even as Jesus is God and man], it is also “one” book, being many books, many prophets, many people, that all agree in one, even as the “law” and the “testimony” agree together with one mind, one purpose, though they are God's “two witnesses” [plural] agreeing together in witness [singular]. The 4 Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, though each a differing personal witness, all agree together when compared prayerfully:

Isaiah 8:20 KJB - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

John 8:17 KJB - It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Acts 10:43 KJB - To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 15:15 KJB - And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

Romans 3:21 KJB - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

2 Corinthians 13:1 KJB - This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

Etc.​

These are JEHOVAH Elohiym's own standard for testimony, or witness. This is why there must always be 2 or 3 persons to witness. Jesus Himself stated that this is the way it was to always be:

John 5:31 KJB - If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

John 8:13 KJB - The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

John 8:14 KJB - Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, [yet] my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

John 8:18 KJB - I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In Genesis 1 God, (Elohim in Hebrew, which translates literally as GODS) said let US make man in OUR image - which proves He’s God in plural form ...
John the Apostle, knew from Genesis 1:1, and throughout, that there have eternally been 3 persons, 3 divine witnesses, acting together in a musical chord, a trio, all in harmony together, in at-one-ment.

Genesis 1:1 KJB - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:2 KJB - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:3 KJB - And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Genesis 1:6 KJB - And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

Genesis 1:7 KJB - And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.​

The word “God”, from the Hebrew [H430], “אלהים”, “'ĕlôhı̂ym”, is plural in Genesis 1:1 KJB, but more than this, in Hebrew there are two kinds of plural, a dual plural [2 only] and true plural [3 or greater]. This word is in the True [3 or greater] plural.

[1] The Father - “... God said ...”, speaking to the Son,

[2] The Son - “... God made ...”

[3] The Holy Spirit - “... the Spirit of God moved upon ...”

We see that God the Father orchestrated, which the Son honoured the Father, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit was moved and was breathed, and thus all 3, the “trio” are the “Makers” [Ecclesiastes 12:1 HOT & so-called LXX and *], see also Job 33:4; Isaiah 43:7; Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 8:6; Hebrews 1:2, 2:10; Revelation 4:11, etc KJB.

What about when 'God' is referred to by plural ones?

"Elohiym" (Genesis 1:1 HOT, etc) x (a lot) (true plural, 3 or greater form)

"us" x 4 (plural pronoun), "our" x 3 (plural pronoun):

Gen_1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen_3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen_11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Isa_6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.​

"we" x 3 (plural pronoun):

Joh_3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.​

Yet, there are more:

"Creators" x 1 (Ecclesiastes 12:1 HOT, "בוראיך") (plural pronoun)

"Makers" x 3 (Job 35:10 HOT, "עשׂי") & (Psalms 149:2 HOT, "בעשׂיו") & (Isaiah 54:5 HOT, "עשׂיך") (plural pronoun)

"Holy Ones" x 1 (Proverbs 9:10 HOT, "קדשׁים") (plural pronoun)​

This is just a sample of what is found in the Hebrew Masoretic OT. There are more.

Verbs are plural in association with Elohiym:

Gen 20:13 And it came to pass, when God caused me to wander from my father's house, that I said unto her, This is thy kindness which thou shalt shew unto me; at every place whither we shall come, say of me, He is my brother.

"התעו" (wander) connected to Elohiym is plural.​

Gen 35:7 And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

"נגלו" (revealed) connected to Elohiym is plural.​

Deu 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

"קרבים" (nigh) connected to Elohiym is plural.​

Jos 24:19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is an holy God; he is a jealous God; he will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

"קדשׁים" (Holy) connected to Elohiym is plural.​

2Sa 7:23 And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?

"הלכו" (went) connected to Elohiym is plural.​

Psa 58:11 (vs 12 HOT) So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

"שׁפטים" (judge) connected to Elohiym is plural.​

Pro 30:3 I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.
Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

"קדשׁים" (holy) connected to vs 4 with the "name" (of the Father), and that of "son's name".​

Even the word "Adonai" ("לאדני") is given mostly/majority in the plural (Examples: Gen 18:30; Ex 34:23; Deut 10:17; Joshua 3:11,13; Ps 45:11; 114:7; 135:5; Mal 1:6).