Scriptures that teach Eternal Security for those Christ died !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most today in religion today dont believe nor understand the security of the person for whom Christ died. This is because they dont find security in the Merits of Christ Blood alone. However I will show scripture that testify to the fact that Christ death in and of itself provides eternal security to all for whom He died, meaning His Sheep, for they shall never perish.

Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The writer here informs us that by the Offering of the Body of Jesus Christ, meaning His death, we have been sanctified once and for all. The word sanctified here is the word hagiazō and means:

to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin

1. o render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow

2. to separate from profane things and dedicate to God

1. consecrate things to God

2. dedicate people to God
The word here is in the perfect tense and passive voice, the persons whom Christ died have been permanently set apart to God, and freed from the guilt of sin. This indicates eternal security even before the blessed sinner is born. Christs meritorious death hath already legally been applied, or else they could not have been sanctified as the verse clearly states !

Reactions: ChristisGod

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most today in religion today dont believe nor understand the security of the person for whom Christ died. This is because they dont find security in the Merits of Christ Blood alone.

Eternal Security is not supported by scripture.

What we find in scripture regarding the blood of Christ is that it takes away past sins and makes believers perfect.

Hebrews 10:14 KJV
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

But we must continue grounded and settled without committing willful sins.

Colossians 1:21-23 KJV
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Security is taught in Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

They for whom Christ died have been perfected forever. That's eternal security!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal Security is not supported by scripture.

What we find in scripture regarding the blood of Christ is that it takes away past sins and makes believers perfect.

Hebrews 10:14 KJV
[14] For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

But we must continue grounded and settled without committing willful sins.

Colossians 1:21-23 KJV
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel

Hebrews 10:26-27 KJV
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
You ignored the op. What was presented

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ignored the op. What was presented

I read the op.

I do not see eternal security supported by complete, unadulterated, scripture.

A believer will not escape the unbelievers fate having a high minded fearless attitude:

Romans 11:20-21 KJV
... because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Reactions: Davy

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the op.

I do not see eternal security supported by complete, unadulterated, scripture.

A believer will not escape the unbelievers fate having a high minded fearless attitude:

Romans 11:20-21 KJV
... because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Ok now according to the op scripture what occurred as a result of Christ death?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Security in Christ is like putting your money in a perfect safe.

2 Timothy 1:12
I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

Does the safe being perfect mean you can't take your money out of that safe? Some say yes, Some say no. These kinds of threads go round and round in circles because people don't ask the right question about security in Christ.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Security in Christ is like putting your money in a perfect safe.

2 Timothy 1:12
I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

Does the safe being perfect mean you can't take your money out of that safe? Some say yes, Some say no. These kinds of threads go round and round in circles because people don't ask the right question about security in Christ.
yes Romans 8, John 10 and Ephesians 1 say the same thing.