Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Jesus is an heir of God and in Hebrews 1:2 it says that Jesus is heir of all things. That is, all things that the Father has. Since the Father has divinity, Jesus is now divine.

Correction, Jesus was always divine, before the creation of all things he existed already as Jehovah.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction, Jesus was always divine

1 Corinthians 11:3
The Voice

3 But it is important that you understand this about headship: the Anointed One is the head of every man, the husband is the head of his wife, and God is the head of the Anointed.

NOTE: It is not the Father, but God in his unitarian nature that is head of the Anointed.

Regarding 'before the creation of all things he existed' Jesus was the firstborn of all creation - and begotten, which means created.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. Colossians 1:15

From Definition of BEGET. Definition of beget
transitive verb
1 : to procreate as the father
2. to produce especially as an effect or outgrowth

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
1 Corinthians 11:3
The Voice

3 But it is important that you understand this about headship: the Anointed One is the head of every man, the husband is the head of his wife, and God is the head of the Anointed.

NOTE: It is not the Father, but God in his unitarian nature that is head of the Anointed.

Regarding 'before the creation of all things he existed' Jesus was the firstborn of all creation - and begotten, which means created.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. Colossians 1:15

From Definition of BEGET. Definition of beget
transitive verb
1 : to procreate as the father
2. to produce especially as an effect or outgrowth

If you don't believe in the eternal deity of Jesus you don't believe in the same Jesus as the rest of us.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't believe in the eternal deity of Jesus you don't believe in the same Jesus as the rest of us.

Appeal to Majority. Well, see that doesn't matter one little bit because REALITY does not depend what you believe it is.

What fascinates me is that despite overwhelming evidence, trinitarians cannot even admit there is ANY strong Scripturally based reasons to reject the trinity. If Jesus were God, 1 Corinthians 11:3 would not state God is the head of his Anointed. The pretzel rationalizations are amazing.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Appeal to Majority. Well, see that doesn't matter one little bit because REALITY does not depend what you believe it is.

What fascinates me is that despite overwhelming evidence, trinitarians cannot even admit there is ANY strong Scripturally based reasons to reject the trinity. If Jesus were God, 1 Corinthians 11:3 would not state God is the head of his Anointed. The pretzel rationalizations are amazing.

You made a thread to prove something.
Is that because you doubt your own premise?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not at all. I really wanted the case against trinitarianism to be in one thread but it was so effective, it was locked.

Acts 18:28
Complete Jewish Bible

28 for he powerfully and conclusively refuted the unbelieving Jews in public, demonstrating by the Tanakhthat Yeshua is the Messiah.

No one should miss this final verse of Acts 18. The Apostles did not go around claiming Jesus was God incarnate. The Big Reveal of Jesus’ ministry is that he is the Messiah, God’s Anointed.

That is what Jesus claimed to be; his I am is I am the Messiah. This is what Scripture says against and again! It wasn’t until centuries later that mystics from the West pushed an unscriptural oneness doctrine.

This is why the trinity is not in the Bible: the Apostle writers believed the Good News was that the long awaited Messiah has come. This is what they believed. This is what they taught and this is what they wrote.

It is a sin to go beyond God’s words. The Apostles did not write that Jesus was God incarnate; they wrote and aimed to prove he was God’s Anointed, the Messiah.

This is the Scripture trinitarians don’t want you to know.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I accept your admission of defeat.

Rather than stick to the topic of Scripture, you abandon the field to flank a psychological attack. Again, I accept your admission of defeat.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not God as in the infinite Creator,
But God as in God's perfect will laws WORD and justice embodied in man.

I relate most to Jesus in terms of authority of law and Justice to apply to secular gentiles under natural laws.

I understand a lot more people like JW who do not see Jesus as God reject Christians who teach this.

I believe both folds are governed by Jesus as the One Lord over all laws.

So I equally understand what people mean by the Trinity, and what they mean and don't mean.

And also understand what people mean, and don't mean, by objecting to how this is taught.

Over and over again, I hear one side say
But what you said sounds contrary to this.
And the other side says either
But that isn't what I mean
And what you said sounds contrary to that.

Am I the only one here okay with
each person seeing and saying this in different ways?

And trusting it's the same God
that we may express in different ways.

The differences just tell me to be more careful and talk with each person where we understand the same terms that mean the same things, so it does NOT cause this confusion!

Emily:

You need to understand one simple thing, Jehovahs Witnesses are not Christians. Not because they reject the fact that Jesus was God in human flesh as SCripture teaches, but because they reject the biblical fact that jesus rose form the dead in the same body He lived in. This keeps thm out of the kingdom!

As Paul wrote of the Jews I write of Jw's: " I bear them record that they have a zeal for God but not according to knowledge".

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are we.

we have been reborn into a living hope— 4 reborn for an eternal inheritance, held in reserve in heaven, that will never fade or fail.
1 Peter 1:3-4
Only if you are united to Christ thru baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Begotten means brought into being or existence. Mo•no•ge•nes', from mo'nos, meaning “only,” and gi'no•mai, a root word meaning “to generate,” “to become (come into being),” states Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance.
Christ is eternally begotten

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not because they reject the fact that Jesus was God in human flesh as SCripture teaches, but because they reject the biblical fact that jesus rose form the dead in the same body He lived in. This keeps thm out of the kingdom!

Where does Scripture say you must believe these things to be in the kingdom? It doesn't.

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does Scripture say you must believe these things to be in the kingdom? It doesn't.

Romans 10.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

You think that verse justifies your claims huh?

There are many lords in the Bible. Lord. LORD. Both are not God. Only the LORD is God. Jesus is not God and not the LORD but he is a lord of the Bible.

Clearly, you are reaching.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are many lords in the Bible. Lord. LORD. Both are not God. Only the LORD is God. Jesus is not God and not the LORD but he is a lord of the Bible.

why do you call yourself a Christian if you reject teh gospel that Jeus died for you and rose again as the only means of salvation? Yes I am reaching. to try to pull you out of the mire of deception someone threw you in and now you believe.

I believe the Bible. And it says if you confess Jesus is Lord and believe He rose form the dead you will be saved! there is no other salvation other than trust in what Jesus did at Calvary!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am reaching. to try to pull you out of the mire of deception someone threw you in and now you believe.

Friend, proof that it is you who are deceived is the doctrine of the trinity is not in the Bible.

The last verse of Acts 18 says the Apostles used the Tanaka to prove Jesus was - not God incarnate - but the Messiah.

Given these basic facts, on what bass do you disregard Scripture, in general, and the words of those who walked with Jesus, in particular, to advance this 4th century man-made doctrine?

It is you who have been deceived.

Scribe: Tell me, Teacher. What is the most important thing that God commands in the law?

Jesus: 29 The most important commandment is this: “Hear, O Israel, the Eternal One is our God, and the Eternal One is the only God.
Mark 12:28-29

‘For us, there is one God, the Father.’
1 Corinthians 8:6

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes but you forget that all the "other lords" are inferior to the One true Lord Jesus Christ!

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And if you had an understanding of the culture and how Kurios was being written in these passages and in their contexts, you would know that it is saying Jesus is God(divine)

do you reject then this verse from Paul as being inspired by god and is actually a lie?
1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The closest they get to the deity of Jesus is by deification after death. Like Herakles from the father Zeus.

They are pagans.

Real unitarian Jews don't bother with lip-service to Jesus, so at least they are not pagans.

Reactions: teamventure
Status
Not open for further replies.