Search for Tomorrow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tomorrow, I will search for my sock. I have NO idea where it went! Jiminy Crickets, and it's always that same sock! :mad:

LoL! We have a new dog now that's a thief unlike anything I've ever seen. He not only takes your shoes, but if they have padded inserts in them he takes those out and hides them someplace else in the house, so you have to go on this major hunting expedition just to get dressed...

He's sweet, so he ends up getting away with it, but I fuss at him a lot.

Btw, I like your avatar. What is that, something somebody won for you at the county fair or what? ;)

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have some kind of search for tomorrow
Even if today has been a day of fulfillment, and yesterday is forgotten, there is always that desire to search for tomorrow.
Tomorrow I will do something different than today.
I will search for something I don't have, or anything exciting and safe.

How about you?
What will you search for, tomorrow?

Tomorrow I will as always search for my shoes/keys/phone/head. Bahahahahahaha.

But really, all I am learning brings me to believe all I need to be searching right now, is searching the scriptures. Because Truth renews the mind which then gives life, purpose, and hope. God provides all our needs and all I want is more of Him.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL! We have a new dog now that's a thief unlike anything I've ever seen. He not only takes your shoes, but if they have padded inserts in them he takes those out and hides them someplace else in the house, so you have to go on this major hunting expedition just to get dressed...

He's sweet, so he ends up getting away with it, but I fuss at him a lot.

Btw, I like your avatar. What is that, something somebody won for you at the county fair or what? ;)

Dogs, lol! My male mini schnauzer had quite the penchant for grabbing my footwear and running with it, every morning I was about to leave for work, lol. It was especially funny when he was just a wee pup trying to run with a big clod hopper winter boot bigger than him, trippin all over it, lol! ♥

Thanks, and I'm holding a stuffed dinosaur at work about 4 years ago, used it to distract the little ones from the needle :eek:, some of the adults too :D .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogs, lol! My male mini schnauzer had quite the penchant for grabbing my footwear and running with it, every morning I was about to leave for work, lol. It was especially funny when he was just a wee pup trying to run with a big clod hopper winter boot bigger than him, trippin all over it, lol! ♥

I once had a black lab puppy who grabbed hold of the broom with his teeth whenever I tried to sweep. Made it really hard to sweep when your dog becomes the sweeper.
Thanks, and I'm holding a stuffed dinosaur at work about 4 years ago, used it to distract the little ones from the needle :eek:, some of the adults too :D .

Oh, I see... So you were using an innocent stuffed animal for your own malevolent purposes.
This must have been before you got saved then, yes?

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once had a black lab puppy who grabbed hold of the broom with his teeth whenever I tried to sweep. Made it really hard to sweep when your dog becomes the sweeper.

Oh, I see... So you were using an innocent stuffed animal for your own malevolent purposes.
This must have been before you got saved then, yes?

"Oh, I see... So you were using an innocent stuffed animal for your own malevolent purposes.
This must have been before you got saved then, yes?"

Ahahaha YES!!! I was the bad lady in the white coat, lol" And, nope, I was saved then but, not growing very much :oops:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when you wash socks, there's always one that makes a successful getaway.

Well then, can you tell me why it is always the very same sock Mister??! Huh, ya can't can ya. That's because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SOCK!!!! :cool:

Reactions: Mayflower

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Oh, I see... So you were using an innocent stuffed animal for your own malevolent purposes.
This must have been before you got saved then, yes?"

Ahahaha YES!!! I was the bad lady in the white coat, lol" And, nope, I was saved then but, not growing very much :oops:
BTW-NO dinosaurs were harmed in any way! :eek:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, can you tell me why it is always the very same sock Mister??! Huh, ya can't can ya. That's because YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SOCK!!!! :cool:

I agree!!!! I have 20 thousand pairs of baby socks and not one match. :D

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you might be into music.
(maybe you teach music!)

It's not due to distraction. I think about God all the time.
He just doesn't talk to me as much as He used to.
I've learned that you just take God wherever you go...no need to "get back" to Him. Our whole life could be a prayer when we live for Him.
In Catholicism this is called The Darkness of the Soul.
But they don't know why it happens either...but they say it's nothing to worry about...it just happens. I guess it happens to Protestants too!

Ah...a catholic man, long gone now, called this the dark night of the soul. A few of you who who have said in here that God doesn't speak to you as often as He used to might like the book and get some insight into what you are experiencing. His name is St John of the Cross and the book is actually titled Dark Night of the Soul.

I see these times where He seems to have gone silent as the true fast in spirit. Not like a fast in the temporal, but a fast that God puts you on, where He removes your bread and water for a time.

St John explains them as times when God is working in you much more than before but you can't see any of it and it just appears to you as a darkness. He says you are actually, during these times, being assailed by even greater light than you previously were but that it is as if when your physical eyes take in bright sun, it temporarily blinds you, even though it seems that greater light would just make it even easier to see, it has the opposite effect because your eyes are too weak to take in that much light.

Different men have explained it different ways and one man's explanation may confuse you whereas it may click for you with a different man's explanation, but they just speak of the same thing in spirit with different examples. Hard to put a spiritual experience to words.

But calm trust at all times is what will advance a man quicker in one of these fasts in spirit, or dark nights. I panicked the first few times.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah...a catholic man, long gone now, called this the dark night of the soul. A few of you who who have said in here that God doesn't speak to you as often as He used to might like the book and get some insight into what you are experiencing. His name is St John of the Cross and the book is actually titled Dark Night of the Soul.

I see these times where He seems to have gone silent as the true fast in spirit. Not like a fast in the temporal, but a fast that God puts you on, where He removes your bread and water for a time.

St John explains them as times when God is working in you much more than before but you can't see any of it and it just appears to you as a darkness. He says you are actually, during these times, being assailed by even greater light than you previously were but that it is as if when your physical eyes take in bright sun, it temporarily blinds you, even though it seems that greater light would just make it even easier to see, it has the opposite effect because your eyes are too weak to take in that much light.

Different men have explained it different ways and one man's explanation may confuse you whereas it may click for you with a different man's explanation, but they just speak of the same thing in spirit with different examples. Hard to put a spiritual experience to words.

But calm trust at all times is what will advance a man quicker in one of these fasts in spirit, or dark nights. I panicked the first few times.

"Calm trust" = Faith IMHO :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW-NO dinosaurs were harmed in any way! :eek:
But...unfortunately, this alligator was not so lucky. He is getting attacked by a pack of wild dogs :(
dog_attack.jpg