Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are indeed saved up until the time you depart from the faith.
Paul says present tense believing means present tense salvation (1 Corinthians 15:2).

And when it is not in the the participle state- it is a simple one time act! Just as you were born once, so you can only be born again once!

Teh bible clearly and specifically teaches us that there are many people who may look like Christians and act like Christians, but were never Christian.

But it doesn't matter if you depart from the faith. as it says in Hebrews: Jesus will never leave us or forsake us. IOW if we turn our backs on HIm He still stays with us!

He who began a good work in you - will be faithful to complete it! If Jesus started a good work in you- you now have no say in the matter.

You are justified
You are glorified.
You are dead and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
You are elect
You are foreknown
You are predestined
YOu are seated in heavenly places.
No one can pluck you out of Jesus hands
No one can pluck you out of the Father hands.
If you have come to Jesus- He will not reject you!
You are perfected forever!
You have been given eternal life, not temporary life.
You will never perish
Gods mercies are new every morning.
His steadfast love will never cease.
All you rinse were mark paid (tetelestai)
You are a son of God
God works in you ti will and do of His pleasure.
You are sealed by the Spirit

And you think you can walk away from something you had nothing to do with in the first place?

If God didn't call you , you would have never come to Him.
If God hadn't convicted you, you would not feel bad for sin?
God is omnipotent- You think He is unable to save you to the uttermost?
God is omniscient. You think He would do all this for you knowing He would take it all back because you were less than perfect?
YOu were given to Jesus by the Father, He said He would lose none of those given to Him!
Your old man (the flesh) is once for all dead. You believe you can resurrect it?

Once again Ferris, if you believe you can lose your salvation, you are saying your act of faith in trusting Jesus death and resurrection for you sin and the blood He shed is not enough to save. You are declaring that Jesus did not die for all your sin, just some of them (you can fill in the %age)

You really want to believe you in your own weak dead flesh can reverse all this?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at Israel, lol.
A chosen race, and yet the vast majority of them are in hell.
But if you bothered to read teh bible you would know that even though Israel is a chosen race, only a remnant in each generation were saved.

But just before Jesus returns, as Zech 13 declares, the 1/3 of Israel that has survived the tribulation will ALL come to Christ!

You can be brought up in a church all your life- that doesn't mean you are saved! Just like being an Israeli automatically guaranteed your salvation down through the ages.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why you should keep believing.
That's a really good reason and encouragement to keep believing to the very end.

Yes it is, but if I fall into a pit of unbelief for a season, though I will experience condemnation, guilt and deep negative emotions because of the consequences of that sin, I am still eternally secure and know that even though I can be a real idiot, my savior cannot and will not abandon me!

We who are saved should be growing daily in grace, but in our daily walk, it is not perfection but direction that matters. God has already declared us perfected once for all time, now He is now in the process of making us what he declared us to be, that is called being made sanctified!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mock God, not I. Hence, the wish for your good luck. When you answer for it.
No -= I OBEY Him.
When HE says that we must listen to His Church ore we reject HIM - I obey Him.

YOU don't do this because you have perverted His Word.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep.
I agree completely.
God doesn't allow you to come back to salvation once you've lost it.

And yet Gods Word says:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God says nothing can now separate us from His Love in Jesus, yet you teach that unbelief can separate us from the love of God in Jesus.

God says we have once for all time passed from death to life, but you teach No, we can in time go back to death.

God says that He has once for all time translated us out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of the Son of His Love, but you say, No not for all time, but one can go back to the kingdom of darkness.

The bible clearly teaches about people who sure seemed like Christians but fall away:

Matthew 7:21-23
King James Version

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Notice Jesus did not say, "I knew you once, but don't know you now"? But He said I NEVER KNEW YOU !

1 John 2:19
King James Version

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

People leave because they were never part of us to begin with!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are indeed saved up until the time you depart from the faith.

That's purely lip service, not a certain salvation. You always insert that maybe, and I think you should own that.

You are saved absolutely for certain no 'ifs', 'ands' or 'buts', except if you do/don't whatever.

That last part negates the first part.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not an additional new little Marks running around inside of you, lol.
LOL!!

No, of course not!

Hid with Christ in God, seated in the heavenly realm, more like it!

How real is the new creation to you? Do you think of it more as an idea? A nice goal of behavior to attain to?

Much love!