See if you can debunk her statements.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wish a little leaven would solve the problem.
Leaven does not solve problems, but creates them (except when it is in bread). The Bible says "PURGE OUT the old leaven that ye may be a new lump".

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The writer said this: "No one at Mount Sinai ever heard of Jesus".

The fact is that it was Jesus (as the pre-incarnate Word) who met with Moses and wrote the Ten Commandments with His finger on the two tablets of stone. No man hath seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him (John 1:18)
Which brings us back to the question Enoch, is God a Triune Being?
J.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not for Jews

On this forum it is Christian against Christian and we are not to fight against flesh and blood, now, I deliberately want you to see where the real danger lies and see if you are able to debunk their statements.

The art of circular and reinterpreting debates.

From the link:

We are warned time and again that if someone entices a Jew to any form of worship that we were unfamiliar with at Mount Sinai it is FALSE.

From the Bible:

Deuteronomy 18:17-19 KJV
17) And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18) I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

She says, "form of worship we were unfamiliar with", but the true injunction was against any other gods.

Much love!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
From the link:

We are warned time and again that if someone entices a Jew to any form of worship that we were unfamiliar with at Mount Sinai it is FALSE.

From the Bible:

17) And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18) I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

She says, "form of worship we were unfamiliar with", but the true injunction was against any other gods.

Much love!
Read her entire blog.
J.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the link:

From the Bible:

Much love!
Yes and the Jewish people in the OT were constantly provoking God to anger with their idol worship and graven images.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is a good topic to discuss because of how the Jews feature in the outworking of God’s purpose in sending the Savior into the world.
But do they feature beyond that?

Who were the Jews? The Bible says that these were the children of Israel....descendants of Abraham's grandson, Jacob.
These were in slavery in Egypt after circumstances forced them to seek refuge there......and because of a promise God made to Abraham long ago, God was intent on freeing the Israelites and allowing them to take up residence in the Promised Land. The nation and its leaders however did not reflect the faith of their forefather Abraham, and due to persistent disobedience and a continuously complaining spirit, he had them wander in the wilderness for 40 years, thereafter bringing their children into the land of promise. Yet they still could not remain faithful to their God, but true to his promise to Abraham to produce the seed, (the Messiah who would liberate mankind from sin and death) he kept forgiving them until his promise was fulfilled.

After producing their Messiah as he had foretold, God opened up opportunity for Abraham's descendants to become “kings and priests” but it was offered to the “lost sheep of the house of Israel”. Jesus was sent to these ones because the nation and its leaders had never shown God that they could remain faithful to their God and not go wandering off into false worship.

Matthew ch 23 is where we see Jesus express God’s rage against Israel and its hypocritical leaders.......and after they had their own Messiah put to death, God abandoned that wicked nation and chose a new one.

Matthew 21:42-46...
"Jesus said to them: “Did you never read in the Scriptures, ‘The stone that the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone. This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? 43 This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. 44 Also, the person falling on this stone will be shattered. As for anyone on whom it falls, it will crush him.”

45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his illustrations, they knew that he was speaking about them. 46 Although they wanted to seize him, they feared the crowds, because these regarded him as a prophet."

They lost their place in God's arrangement by failing every test of their faith.
So does God still love them? They murdered his son and cursed themselves and their children with his blood (Matthew 27:25)......why would he?

What did John B say to these wicked men.....?
"Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children for Abraham from these stones. 10 The ax is already lying at the root of the trees. Every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire." (Matthew 3:9-10) The ax fell and that tree was thrown into the fire.

So what of the mention of "Israel" after Christ's death?
Galatians 6:16....Paul spoke of Christ's disciples....."As for all those who walk orderly by this rule of conduct, peace and mercy be upon them, yes, upon the Israel of God." The "ISRAEL of God" were not the fleshly Jews who were like the Pharisees, but were made up of both Jewish and Gentile Christians...."heirs" of the promise....'spiritual Israel'.

So the Israel who inherit the promises are not the abandoned nation of fleshly Israel who rely on their genealogical connection to Abraham, but those who were circumcised of heart.
As Paul stated..."However, it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.”
So who are these 'spiritual Israelites' ? They are spirit anointed disciples of Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:28-29...
"For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people."

So all mention of "Israel" in connection with God's Kingdom, are not fleshly Jews, they are sons by adoption by God's spirit, not descended by fleshly ties to Abraham.

Fleshly Israel was handed over to the nations to become part of what is alienated from God. They no longer figure in his purpose.....but its not as if God didn't give them ample opportunity over many generations. No one can say God didn't try......it was they who didn't try.
They are still to this day, burdened by a Law code that no man can keep...the curse of the Law remains upon them.

As Jesus said to that nation...
"how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you. 39 For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

Individuals from that nation could come to Christ and be baptized, but as a nation who were dedicated to him from birth, he cast them off.

They do not feature in God's plans for the future at all.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did a woman write that article?

If so dismiss it on that fact alone!

A woman has no business teaching men anything about biblical things.