Seeing Signs....Spiritually

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
There is so much to see in this verse but, to truly SEE as He wishes us to see, is to [see/understand] spiritually....

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

1. What are the signs? We are His signs.... :)

Isaiah 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

2. What is meant by "signs in the sun?" Signs are the apostles and prophets such as Isaiah and "the children." How can we be "signs in the sun?" What is "the sun, the Great Light that rules the day?"

Genesis 1:14-19 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

John 1:4-9 In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

The Sun is the Great Light, the Lamb, the True Light and we are "signs in the Sun" IF we are children of the day, of Light.

3. What are "signs in the moon?"

As the True Light has children of the Light....the lesser of the great lights, the moon, also has signs (children of the darkness.) They cannot comprehend the Light for the Light is divided from darkness. As Light has prophets, apostles, teachers, etc.....darkness has his false prophets, wolves in sheep's clothing, liars, deceivers...his signs in the moon.

As the "True Light" is Jesus, the Sun/Son...the false light is that of Satan, the moon. It has no light of it's own...it glows with a false light cast from the Sun.

4. Signs in the stars....what are Biblical stars?

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Stars are angels. So, angelic beings will be signs. There are good angels and...fallen angels. We know this will be a time of turmoil so are the "stars" the return of the fallen angels, the "wandering stars?" Are they those that are held in chains of darkness (meaning under the control of Satan) to come forward in the last days?

Jude 1:6,13 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.(13) Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

5. The last of the...signs of the sea and the waves roaring.

From the above Jude quote we see that the "raging waves of the sea," the roaring waves are...the wandering stars...fallen angels! The "sea" is symbolic of masses of ungodly people. There is a lot of roaring going on today!

Understanding the spiritual meaning of signs in the sun, moon, stars, etc....then opens understanding of:

Mark 13:24-25 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

"After that tribulation." Are there two? Yes, the first precedes the arrival of Satan himself in the guise of Jesus Christ. The first tribulation prepared his way by his false prophets...sent to deceive so that many of God's children shall fall. The second and greatest tribulation is taught of here:

Mark 13:19-24 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom He hath chosen, He hath shortened the days. And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, He is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

After the on-going tribulation of spiritual deception, "after that tribulation the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light." Jesus tells us that the tribulation of Satan precedes the wrath of God (regardless of what man teaches about rapture). Satan's hour of temptation, the great tribulation is when...

6. The Sun shall be darkened

Acts 2:20-21 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Joel 3:14-16 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of His people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

The Sun....The Lamb, The Light of the world is "turned into darkness." Darkness is Satan. Satan will be here pretending to be our Saviour! Darkness will obscure the true Light. This is the great tribulation which is BEFORE the day of the Lord...call on the name of the Lord, the true Lord, to be saved. The voice of the Lord will be roaring out of Zion and Jerusalem as His elect children are those that speak His Words...if others will hear and be saved. (Zion and Jerusalem speak of people...not a geographical location).

7. The moon shall not give her light and became as blood.

Satan will be here as the false Christ, a false Light...darkness rather than Light. The time of 666:

Revelation 6:12 (666) And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

The sun becomes dark/Satan while the moon became as blood. Blood is the "life of the flesh," [Gen.9:4] Those still carnal/flesh find their life in their father, in their rock...and he is not our Rock. Satan is the life/blood of the fallen and they will have no idea they have been deceived. They have taken the mark of the beast by believing his lies, by believing he is Jesus Christ.

To understand the spiritual nature of His Words is to see.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, whirlwind.

Hmmm.... Why does the moon have to represent haSatan? Why can't the moon represent the "Church?" I mean after all, who reflects the light of the "Sun of Righteousness" to a darkened world?

And, if as you say, the stars represent the angels, but to use Revelation 1:20, talking about the "angels of the seven churches," it is more than likely talking about the seven spiritual leaders (pastors, ministers) of those churches! All the Greek word "aggelos" (which is transliterated into English as "angel") means is "messenger," whether supernatural or human! So, maybe the stars represent the PASTORS of the seven churches, or the PASTORS of ANY churches.

See how subjective such teaching can be? When one opens God's Word up to the allegorical way of interpretation - using allegory as though it was the only thing that matters in understanding the Bible - one is ASKING for trouble!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
whirlwind said:
There is so much to see in this verse but, to truly SEE as He wishes us to see, is to [see/understand] spiritually....

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

How about if we look at that verse in context.

Luke 21:25-28 (ESV):

25 “And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
I see no reason not to interpret those verses literally.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Retrobyter
Shalom, whirlwind.

Hmmm.... Why does the moon have to represent haSatan? Why can't the moon represent the "Church?" I mean after all, who reflects the light of the "Sun of Righteousness" to a darkened world?

It has to represent Satan as...it does represent Satan. :) He is one of the two great lights.

Genesis 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: He made the stars also.

Does the church "rule the night?" No...but Satan does. He is darkness and those that follow him are children of darkness.

The moon transforms itself (pretends to be) a body of light but...it isn't. It is an example of the false Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The moon is dark and dead...the church is not as the church is comprised of those that walk in His Light and as such...are a light to those in darkness.....

Romans 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,

I would add that all Biblical prophecy of Satan is given in lunar time...why is that?

And, if as you say, the stars represent the angels, but to use Revelation 1:20, talking about the "angels of the seven churches," it is more than likely talking about the seven spiritual leaders (pastors, ministers) of those churches! All the Greek word "aggelos" (which is transliterated into English as "angel") means is "messenger," whether supernatural or human! So, maybe the stars represent the PASTORS of the seven churches, or the PASTORS of ANY churches.

You bring up an interesting point....however, this thread is not discussing angels of the churches. Rather it is...."signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations." As signs in the sun can be bad (turning to darkness) and be good for we are signs....and the moon (turning to blood) is of a Satanic nature...I believe the signs in the stars will follow suit. As I wrote....

Stars are angels. So, angelic beings will be signs. There are good angels and...fallen angels. We know this will be a time of turmoil so are the "stars" the return of the fallen angels, the "wandering stars?" Are they those that are held in chains of darkness (meaning under the control of Satan) to come forward in the last days?

Jude 1:6,13 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.(13) Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

See how subjective such teaching can be? When one opens God's Word up to the allegorical way of interpretation - using allegory as though it was the only thing that matters in understanding the Bible - one is ASKING for trouble!

When the Holy Spirit opens understanding, as is this case,...it is to receive revelation. And I thank Him for that:

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Dodo_David said:
How about if we look at that verse in context.

Luke 21:25-28 (ESV):

I did look at the verse in context and....I am given to see it spiritually and relay that to you.

I see no reason not to interpret those verses literally.

I am not surprised. Many do for many cannot yet see spiritually.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Arnie Manitoba said:
I think I have seen it all now .... sheesh !!!!

Actually...you saw it twice. LOL. Sorry about the double post. For some reason different posts are placed in the same reply. I think I deleted it.

Is the "sheesh" in regards to seeing spiritually?

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
I think I have seen it all now .... sheesh !!!!
Yeah, me, too. To me, the argument made in the OP is non sequitur.

When I read the claim "I am given to see it spiritually and relay that to you", I get the sudden urge to hold onto a lightning rod. :p

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
:(
Dodo_David said:
Yeah, me, too. To me, the argument made in the OP is non sequitur.

When I read the claim "I am given to see it spiritually and relay that to you", I get the sudden urge to hold onto a lightning rod. :p

Am I to assume from your comment that you are NOT given revelations? :eek: I am sorry to hear that. :(

The arguments made in the OP were validated with Scripture...have ye not read? You may not agree but nevertheless...they are validated.

Sadly, it often happens that when a child of God provides spiritual understanding of the written Word...it is met with skepticism and even ridicule. As it is written.....

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

We know that that we are to understand spiritual things...right? The Holy Spirit doesn't teach us to read but does teach us to SEE...He opens eyes and ears to truth, spiritual understanding. When He does we are not to keep it to ourselves.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

We are to have an open and willing mind to receive revelation and then...to search the Scriptures to validate what we heard or thought we understood. If it is not Scriptural then it is not truth.

I provided Scripture so I ask again...have ye not read?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi David,

After all the rules you have been posting, I am somewhat dismayed to see the lack of content in your posts giving fair discussion to the points raised in the OP. I thought ridicule was outlawed? Haven't you been asking us to not post to the person, but to post to the topic?

Nothing that whirlwind has written is an attempt to 'persuade others that one is correct'. He is sharing his insight. If you don't see it - and maybe I don't see it either - isn't the place to finalise its validity or not, rather to be on one's knees seeking the Lord, than turning comments back on the poster?

Is whirlwind somehow at fault for what he believes the Lord has shown him?

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
dragonfly said:
Hi David,

After all the rules you have been posting, I am somewhat dismayed to see the lack of content in your posts giving fair discussion to the points raised in the OP. I thought ridicule was outlawed? Haven't you been asking us to not post to the person, but to post to the topic?

Nothing that whirlwind has written is an attempt to 'persuade others that one is correct'. He is sharing his insight. If you don't see it - and maybe I don't see it either - isn't the place to finalise its validity or not, rather to be on one's knees seeking the Lord, than turning comments back on the poster?

Is whirlwind somehow at fault for what he believes the Lord has shown him?
I have commented on the argument being made by the OP's author, not on the author.

I don't know about you, but I consider it abrasive for anyone to tell me that there is something wrong with me spiritually just because I do not automatically accept that other person's interpretation of the Bible.

If I cannot reconcile to the Bible what the other person is saying, then I do not necessarily have a personal spiritual problem.

Anyway, I, too, am a fallible being. So, I will strive to present my arguments in a way that is more gentle. Thank you for challenging me.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Dodo_David.

Don't feel too badly. I went through the same thing earlier with daq. Sometimes, it doesn't matter how much you try to attack the problem instead of the person, if that person still feels you are attacking him (or her). How does one handle such a situation if the person can't take criticism of their ideas? The only way for me was to bow out of daq's threads entirely. I tried being diplomatic; I tried only to respond to questions and comments directed at me personally, but they always degraded to a fight. So, I've been leaving daq's threads alone. Oh, I'll still LOOK to see what's being said, but I won't TOUCH, not anymore.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Dodo_David.

Don't feel too badly. I went through the same thing earlier with daq. Sometimes, it doesn't matter how much you try to attack the problem instead of the person, if that person still feels you are attacking him (or her). How does one handle such a situation if the person can't take criticism of their ideas? The only way for me was to bow out of daq's threads entirely. I tried being diplomatic; I tried only to respond to questions and comments directed at me personally, but they always degraded to a fight. So, I've been leaving daq's threads alone. Oh, I'll still LOOK to see what's being said, but I won't TOUCH, not anymore.
I still need to make sure that my words are salted with grace and love.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
We know there is a spiritual dimension because the bible says so ..... but it is invisible to us .... it does not have mass as we know it .... we cannot touch it or see it

We are still humans ... still in the flesh ... we are physical things .... so is the sun moon and stars and seas .

When God tells us there will be signs in the sun and moon he is not talking about something imaginary.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Arnie Manitoba said:
We know there is a spiritual dimension because the bible says so ..... but it is invisible to us .... it does not have mass as we know it .... we cannot touch it or see it

We are still humans ... still in the flesh ... we are physical things .... so is the sun moon and stars and seas .

When God tells us there will be signs in the sun and moon he is not talking about something imaginary.

Good morning Arnie. :)

Yes, we are still human, still in the flesh and still physical but as such we are to see spiritually. We are to die to self to allow our spiritual self to live...to see and hear. It is not that the signs are imaginary but that they have a deeper meaning.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

When we crucify ourselves, our [old man/carnal nature/ego] we then truly live...we are spiritually alive for He lives in us. Then our old dead carnal bodies....figuratively lie in the street:

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

That allows the Holy Spirit to teach us spiritual things which we then "also speak."

1 Corinthians 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If one does not, can not, will not...see spiritually it is because they are yet babes in Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:1-2 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

There is certainly nothing wrong with the milk of the Word and yet it is the meat...the deeper spiritual understandings that allow us to mature.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I have commented on the argument being made by the OP's author, not on the author.

I don't know about you, but I consider it abrasive for anyone to tell me that there is something wrong with me spiritually just because I do not automatically accept that other person's interpretation of the Bible.

If I cannot reconcile to the Bible what the other person is saying, then I do not necessarily have a personal spiritual problem.

Anyway, I, too, am a fallible being. So, I will strive to present my arguments in a way that is more gentle. Thank you for challenging me.
Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the last sentence in particular. :)

I think there is a difficulty on both sides when presenting revelation from the written word by the Spirit, through the written word on a forum - hopefully by the Spirit - because every one of us has a heap of preconceptions until we allow God to dismantle them and show us what more we are missing.

To whirlwind,

1. What are the signs? We are His signs.... :)

Isaiah 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
I agree with this statement, because it ties in with
Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

The manifestation of the sons of God is underway, although it will not be complete until we are clothed with incorruption, immortality and glory.

The "sea" is symbolic of masses of ungodly people.

I believe there is also a 'sea' of godly people. For the present time we are affected by the 'roaring' of the seas of the world. :)

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Dragonfly - To whirlwind,

I agree with this statement, because it ties in with
Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

The manifestation of the sons of God is underway, although it will not be complete until we are clothed with incorruption, immortality and glory.

[/QUOTE]

The manifestation of the sons of God. Imagine Dragonfly...sons of God and we are NOW sons of God! Some waiteth to become....but not all.

Manifestation is....laying bare, making naked, disclosure of truth, concerning of things before unknown, appearance, revelation, being revealed, appearing.

Once we crucify our old nature it allows Him to dwell in us...we are THEN sons of God. We have laid bare, made naked, our flesh life and our spiritual nature is revealed...appears, is manifested.

1 John 3:1-3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I believe there is also a 'sea' of godly people. For the present time we are affected by the 'roaring' of the seas of the world. :)

Indeed...the sea of Godly people is heaven while the sea of wickedness is ruled by Satan and his angels for they are the "raging waves of the sea," the fallen angels/wandering stars.

Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
dragonfly said:
I think there is a difficulty on both sides when presenting revelation from the written word by the Spirit, through the written word on a forum - hopefully by the Spirit - because every one of us has a heap of preconceptions until we allow God to dismantle them and show us what more we are missing.
When person X claims to have received a revelation from the Holy Spirit, how am I to know that the claim is true?

How am I to know that the alleged "revelation" isn't a figment of X's imagination?

All I can do is compare the alleged "revelation" to what I know the Bible to say and teach.

If the former conflicts with the latter, then I have every right to dismiss the former as being false, and there is nothing wrong with me spiritually because I have done so.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Dodo David - When person X claims to have received a revelation from the Holy Spirit, how am I to know that the claim is true?

How am I to know that the alleged "revelation" isn't a figment of X's imagination?

1. We know that the Holy Spirit does give us revelation (spiritual understanding) of the written Word and that doesn't mean He teaches us to read...it is written.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2. We know that He does so by opening our eyes and ears (our inner self/our minds/thoughts) to deeper truths which is the meat of the Word, not the milk if one is mature enough to hear....it is written.

1 Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3. We know that when we have matured and can absorb the meat we are to teach what we learned even if others are not able to receive it....it is written.

1. Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

4. We know that the safeguard, both for the one receiving revelation and those being taught of the revelation, is the Word of the Lord for...it is written.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

IS IT WRITTEN? Does person X provide Scriptural validation for the revelation? If the answer is yes and you don't agree then...discuss it!

All I can do is compare the alleged "revelation" to what I know the Bible to say and teach.

Your use of "alleged" shows that you are not approaching this with "all readiness of mind." Also understand that what we see written when reading with a carnal mind is not what the same words tell us with a spiritual mind.

If the former conflicts with the latter, then I have every right to dismiss the former as being false, and there is nothing wrong with me spiritually because I have done so.

Often, the "conflict" isn't is within ourselves due to ego, man's teaching, etc. It is simply because we are not yet seeing the spiritual meaning or don't want to release previous understandings. It doesn't mean something is wrong with us...it means we cannot yet bear what He has to tell us.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
whirlwind said:
1. We know that the Holy Spirit does give us revelation (spiritual understanding) of the written Word and that doesn't mean He teaches us to read...it is written.

2. We know that He does so by opening our eyes and ears (our inner self/our minds/thoughts) to deeper truths which is the meat of the Word, not the milk if one is mature enough to hear....it is written.

1 Corinthians 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3. We know that when we have matured and can absorb the meat we are to teach what we learned even if others are not able to receive it....it is written.
  1. Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

4. We know that the safeguard, both for the one receiving revelation and those being taught of the revelation, is the Word of the Lord for...it is written.

IS IT WRITTEN? Does person X provide Scriptural validation for the revelation? If the answer is yes and you don't agree then...discuss it!

Your use of "alleged" shows that you are not approaching this with "all readiness of mind." Also understand that what we see written when reading with a carnal mind is not what the same words tell us with a spiritual mind.

Often, the "conflict" isn't is within ourselves due to ego, man's teaching, etc. It is simply because we are not yet seeing the spiritual meaning or don't want to release previous understandings. It doesn't mean something is wrong with us...it means we cannot yet bear what He has to tell us.
The New Testament verses that you cite refer to the teachings of the Apostles. You are not an Apostle.