Self analysis of your Christian witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but wadr i can't seem to get an explanation
I have explained just how time can be timeless. But if you cannot hear it from me, hear it from God, whom is timeless. Make the analogy work.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iow i cannot change my mind, rephrased, correct?
No, you can change your mind - this is your hour of decision. But, if you change your mind in this would-be real time, it is only because you did so before the foundation of the world...and that is how it plays out.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, you can change your mind - this is your hour of decision. But, if you change your mind in this would-be real time, it is only because you did so before the foundation of the world...and that is how it plays out.
so, any way you slice that, i cannot effectively have any Free will then, is what you are saying; that i am the result of Adam's eating from the Tree of Knowledge is denied, iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The advantage is to know God, to see Him as He is, and to be like Him. This is what is written.
to be like God? Where is this written? i think i can refute the other two as well. with Scripture, i mean, which i gotta note i see none around this discussion anywhere btw

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, any way you slice that, i cannot effectively have any Free will then, is what you are saying; that i am the result of Adam's eating from the Tree of Knowledge is denied, iow
No. As I just said, you can indeed change your mind...that is what this time is for. But we are speaking of the truth, and that is the smaller portion. We have also been talking about God, whose truth is not limited to this world...and we do so with the aspiration that we should be more like Him and less like us, perfect, rather than evil.

Imagine that we have been discussing the finer details of a movie, and you have been saying, "No, but that is not what happened or will happen." I have not been telling you do not know the details accurately, but rather, I have been adding the detail which only pertains to the author...which is important, because this particular movie comes to an end and we will find ourselves on His threshold between His trash and His living room.

But even in this story that we are in the midst of, the mystery of God is to be finished - which mystery I have been explaining.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to be like God? Where is this written? i think i can refute the other two as well. with Scripture, i mean, which i gotta note i see none around this discussion anywhere btw
John 17:11
Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

If I have told you in plain language, it is not that it is not the same word...because it is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We have also been talking about God, whose truth is not limited to this world...and we do so with the aspiration that we should be more like Him and less like us, perfect, rather than evil.
yet wadr the time-honored standard of works meet for repentance does not seem to enter into the model at all

i hear "trying to be like God" rather than "trying to be like Christ" for example, and this is multiple times now of a diminishing of Christ, at least to my ear. little things, but still
John 17:11
Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

If I have told you in plain language, it is not that it is not the same word...because it is.
not necessarily; you interpret, too, right, and that is what you have just done. Also, you might firmly believe your interpretation, but that still does not make it truth; truth is established by other time-honored standards, that have not been met imo, at least not yet, here in writing. Witnesses would be helpful, iow

You assert here that you no longer see as though through a dark mirror, and you are in "...then, face to face" with God, and then you go beyond that even, at least it seems to me

"If I have told you in plain language" ha pls don't have any illusions there, i'm wondering if this discipline has a name? that i could get other opinions via, and that would affirm your pov? Sounds...um, suspiciously close to Enlightenment to me wadr, i don't detect it going all the way to Lightworker doctrine, is it some variation?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No. As I just said, you can indeed change your mind...that is what this time is for. But we are speaking of the truth, and that is the smaller portion. We have also been talking about God, whose truth is not limited to this world...and we do so with the aspiration that we should be more like Him and less like us, perfect, rather than evil.
that is supposed to be an answer to this?

and, this is getting too fam already, i know i have asked this like 3 times already, and others have too, and no answer that i can see yet, but i thought time was an illusion, and you were watching a movie? How do you square that with "you can indeed change your mind...that is what this time is for?"

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a good and faithful servant?

-One that does what I direct or ask them to do right away with no delay.
-And even knows me enough that they anticipate my needs before asking, even!
-One that does not say ill words about me to others and if they hear any has my
back.
-One that is attentive to me during working hours.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet wadr the time-honored standard of works meet for repentance does not seem to enter into the model at all

i hear "trying to be like God" rather than "trying to be like Christ" for example, and this is multiple times now of a diminishing of Christ, at least to my ear. little things, but still
Works is simply fruit showing who we are. The flesh profits nothing.

But your perception is perhaps accurate, Christ is Christ in the world, but in heaven the Son and God. As time passes, this will be more the case.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is supposed to be an answer to this?

and, this is getting too fam already, i know i have asked this like 3 times already, and others have too, and no answer that i can see yet, but i thought time was an illusion, and you were watching a movie? How do you square that with "you can indeed change your mind...that is what this time is for?"
If the light has not come on, it doesn't mean I have not been explaining or giving the answer.

Let me try something different: Put yourself in a context where time does not exist. Then make a decision using freewill about where you want to spend the rest of eternity. Then write it all down in a book. Remember you did all that without time. Now, have someone read the book for the first time.

Let's say the story has a hypothetical timeline of 6 hours. Now, ask the person reading if the story if and when it included freewill.

The answer, is: Yes. And it occurred before the story was read.

Now...let's say you are God, and you have the ability to have both the timeless decision of freewill, the writing of it, and the reading of it, all happening simultaneously. And there you have freewill, everything written, and "today" in which it is all read.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If the light has not come on, it doesn't mean I have not been explaining or giving the answer.
yesyes, if you cannot convert me, it is likely bc i am too dense to grasp your pov, got you

it is all a freaky mystery, right--except to you--that you cannot even develop any meaningful parable for--other than "Now, let's pretend you are God"--or quote any Scripture for, to communicate to any other human; you alone understand it. You understand God

and all the gods that i understand have fallen already

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Let me try something different: Put yourself in a context where time does not exist.
let me try the same thing, foolishly expecting a diff result; why?

what would be the advantage, that is still a secret, being as how i have asked this ad nauseum now, and cannot get a simple reply?

Why not put myself in a context where time is purple, or blue-green?
You also know chairs are 99.99999% empty space, but you still sit on them right
Now...let's say you are God
no thanks, that seems to be where you end up here, unless i am mistaken. i would highlight all of the obvious conundrums in your post if i thought you might address them, but you obviously will not.

i have asked for Scripture, for witnesses, and for links, several times, and all of these have been ignored.

we are looping now, and absent a witness, or a Scripture to Witness for you, so i will wait for that, one of those, and leave you the last word here until then, ok?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let me try the same thing, foolishly expecting a diff result; why?

what would be the advantage, that is still a secret, being as how i have asked this ad nauseum now, and cannot get a simple reply?

Why not put myself in a context where time is purple, or blue-green?
You also know chairs are 99.99999% empty space, but you still sit on them right
no thanks, that seems to be where you end up here, unless i am mistaken. i would highlight all of the obvious conundrums in your post if i thought you might address them, but you obviously will not.

i have asked for Scripture, for witnesses, and for links, several times, and all of these have been ignored.

we are looping now, and absent a witness, or a Scripture to Witness for you, so i will wait for that, one of those, and leave you the last word here until then, ok?
Every word I have told you is scripture put to plain language. I have even quoted and italicized the obvious quotes. I have also explained that there is little precedence for what I am telling you and explained that this is the time foretold of the sounding of the seventh angel. Me you have heard and do not believe, because you have not heard from him...which is not my part. But you can pray, and if you have heard any of it, "today", it can be different.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have even quoted and italicized the obvious quotes
ok well i just went back through your last ten posts, and i found one oblique ref to "as it was written before the foundation," apropos of nothing that i could see, except to put you in the place of God. just sayin