Self analysis of your Christian witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not avoiding anything. Perhaps I have not understood what it is you are getting at. Perhaps you could explain.

It's not in his explaining...it is all in your/our understanding of the explaining..ScottA :)

I so enjoy his posts, because he always keeps my old brain cells working...and they need that. ;)

Reactions: ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am not avoiding anything. Perhaps I have not understood what it is you are getting at. Perhaps you could explain.
ah, i didn't mean you were intentionally avoiding it necessarily, bad choice of words.

we are given an image of one in torment who did what wrong according to your model?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if someone is waiting for tomorrow to be complete, or fulfilled, or satisfied, they got some bad juju somewhere imo
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34
what an interesting perspective to have on one's day, huh?

(i doubt that is what he is really meaning here)

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what an interesting perspective to have on one's day, huh?
But even so probably every one who reads these posts already has plans for tomorrow. Can we have such plans and still be where God wants us to be doing what God wants us to do?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But even so probably every one who reads these posts already has plans for tomorrow. Can we have such plans and still be where God wants us to be doing what God wants us to do?
as strange as it seems to us, i am pretty sure that that is the "evil" being referred to, yes. Of course having done this as a matter of course our whole lives, the evil in it is not immediately apparent. it is a subtle evil

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as strange as it seems to us, i am pretty sure that that is the "evil" being referred to, yes. Of course having done this as a matter of course our whole lives, the evil in it is not immediately apparent. it is a subtle evil
I would say it is the priorities we give things that make a difference or even the difference. The preceding verse applies:
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

We can make our plans for our tomorrows, but they should always be tentative plans as the Lord allows and then pay close attention to what the Lord allows or disallows.

How tentative is the plan to go to our secular work tomorrow morning on time? What would God have to do to get us to miss getting to work at the appointed time? If we are attending church services regularly, are we as zealous about being there on time? If the firmness of our plan for the two things [work and church attendance] are different, why and how are they different?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if someone is waiting for tomorrow to be complete, or fulfilled, or satisfied, they got some bad juju somewhere imo

Totally agree. What a waste of a life..always waiting never living and enjoying.

My old mum used to Quote:- "Jam tomorrow, Jam yesterday, but never Jam today." :D
an expression for a never-fulfilled promise.
It originates from Lewis Carroll's 1871 book Through the Looking Glass
This is a pun .. which means "now", but only in the future or past tense, not in the present In the book the White Queen offers Alice "jam every other day" as an inducement to work for her, but never today.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are given an image of one in torment who did what wrong according to your model?
Well...as the parable states, he didn't listen to or take serious the words of the prophets.

But, to apply that to what I have been saying...simply makes his not listening, not something he decided within his lifetime, but was the result of who he was and what he would manifest throughout his lifetime, as a result of what was written of him "before the foundation of the world."

So, then, do you go only by what is manifest within a person's lifetime, or do go by what caused the manifestation to occur? In other words, it is a matter of cause and effect.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well...as the parable states, he didn't listen to or take serious the words of the prophets.
wouldn't his understanding of watching a movie that had already been produced relieve him of the need to take anything in it "seriously" though? See how your "movie" gets all interactive, at the points that you get to define? Taken seriously, not taken seriously, see, neither of these affect the outcome of the movie, do they

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wouldn't his understanding of watching a movie that had already been produced relieve him of the need to take anything in it "seriously" though? See how your "movie" gets all interactive, at the points that you get to define? Taken seriously, not taken seriously, see, neither of these affect the outcome of the movie, do they
A good book is captivating...or not, depending on who reads it.