September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
That is not exactly correct. He told them, not that He did not speak to them in parable, but that it was given to them to understand. On the contrary, He also told them, "All things come in parables." Which is confirmed by the prophet saying, "that ‘Seeing they may not see, And hearing they may not understand.'"

Matthew 13

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
that is some kind of doctrinal belief about tomorrow, right?
has something to do with when one believes the rapture will occur in conjunction with the Tribulation?
something like that? never bothered to find out personally

are there posterists? :D
Understand I AM
is apparently not being understood

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Understand I AM
is apparently not being understood

An angel (Messenger) spoke to Moses from the Burning Bush calling himself I AM.

Of course the Rabbis knew these scriptures, so they picked up stones to cast on Jesus Christ when he answered them saying Before Abraham was, I AM.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

so... Most of us understand that the Scriptures teach that the body in which Jesus was crucified was the same body that came out of the grave. But regarding the body in which He now dwells, ...was that changed or transformed in His ascension into heaven?
If so, how do we know from scripture?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But regarding the body in which He now dwells, ...was that changed or transformed in His ascension into heaven?

1 John 3
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so... Most of us understand that the Scriptures teach that the body in which Jesus was crucified was the same body that came out of the grave. But regarding the body in which He now dwells, ...was that changed or transformed in His ascension into heaven?
I am sorry I don't know if you can find scriptures for this, but I can attest to two different ways I have seen Him.... One is of Light, I can't find words to describe, and the other ( much to my absolute surprise) apart from one thing ( which I'll write in a min) He stood there like He was a normal human being, later that night I was able to find out that He was also solid like a human being, yet He had come into a locked house, a closed room, and no windows where He came from this massive Light.
It took me a long time to realize because it just seemed normal at the time, but it was a dark room but yet He looked ALL the time as if He was in strong sunlight..... That was the only thing not human like.........considering that God Himself once spoke through a mule, there must be other ways He can connect with people I'm sure.
Blessings always Pia PS. I recall reading about the Transfiguration and thought that the way Moses and Elijah was described, fit with the body of Jesus I saw.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry I don't know if you can find scriptures for this, but I can attest to two different ways I have seen Him.... One is of Light, I can't find words to describe, and the other ( much to my absolute surprise) apart from one thing ( which I'll write in a min) He stood there like He was a normal human being, later that night I was able to find out that He was also solid like a human being, yet He had come into a locked house, a closed room, and no windows where He came from this massive Light.
It took me a long time to realize because it just seemed normal at the time, but it was a dark room but yet He looked ALL the time as if He was in strong sunlight..... That was the only thing not human like.........considering that God Himself once spoke through a mule, there must be other ways He can connect with people I'm sure.
Blessings always Pia PS. I recall reading about the Transfiguration and thought that the way Moses and Elijah was described, fit with the body of Jesus I saw.

Were you able to distinguish any physical features through the light? His face, what He was wearing, His hands?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Were you able to distinguish any physical features through the light? His face, what He was wearing, His hands?
Yes I was......I had seen a few religious paintings or such I guess at Easter things as a child, and I was surprised that He looked a bit different than that........I truly believe He can somehow BE in more than one 'state' as at first, it was just a whole lot of light, and He either walked closer and closer till He stepped out of it, or the Light is what became Him ???
His hair was quite a lot shorter than I had seen depicted and so was His beard ( barely there ) and He was wearing what seemed like a very thick one piece garment, but with a red 'sash' from His left shoulder, draping across His chest and stomach area....... I never saw His feet and because of my almost total ignorance, I did not ask to see the holes in His hands........Wouldn't have occurred to me........But I found later that night that He was also able to be solid. He somehow ( have no idea how ) got underneath me, He was sitting I was leaning on His chest, and for quite a while ( not long before He 'left' ) He was stroking my head and hair with His left hand ( hmmm hadn't thought if any significance to that, twice His left side ).
Whenever I have seen Him, He is either right in front of me or to my right. I have no idea if any of that was what you were after. I hang on His Words to me, and His smile, oh my goodness His smile !!!

Reactions: Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
never saw His feet and because of my almost total ignorance, I did not ask to see the holes in His hands........Wouldn't have occurred to me......

I have always believed in the ministry of Angels.
Heb 1 14 “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

On the night my dad died I was totally worn out. I had been up with him at 5 am every morning..taken care of him all day until bed time for six straight weeks...he had gone down hill quickly, but he wanted to die at home. We knew the time was close, but not which day.
That night I fell into bed at 10.30. I could only think of how tired I was. With my eyes closed I saw 4 angels in our bedroom..one was by the door, one at the foot of my bed, one at the foot of David's bed..and one by the side of David's bed.
I KNEW that if I opened my eyes they would be there...I opened my eyes and sure enough there they were!
Like you mentioned...not floaty spirits...but BIG ,strong, men. They did have white gowns on which surprised me...and they had blond hair which equally surprised me! They seemed about 6' 8" or so , with strong arms. ( No wings)
I knew right then that they had come for my dad.
Stupidly, I never asked them anything, it never went through my mind to say anything...I was just so happy to see them 'taking charge. I was just so relieved, I thought- " Oh good, the angels are here, so I can leave dad with them, and go to sleep."
I did say to myself, " If Dave and I have 4 angels in here...how many does my dad have in his room.!!"
I did then lift my head, (our door and my dad's door were wide open. I could see right into dads room) ...there was a bright, misty white light , like a glory cloud ..and it was a very " busy" in the room ...I could not see how many angels.
Then the bright white mist covered the doorway to his room...just as if God was saying to me - " Mind your own business, I've got this in hand."
I relaxed and fell asleep very happy.
I woke at 2am, and just knew that he had gone.
I checked, and he had. I danced around his bedroom, happy for him (he was 90) saying-
"You did it dad, you're Home, you walked through the valley of the shadow of death and your Home!!"
Dave and I had a cup of tea....then called the funeral home at 5am. ( He was a bit disappointed that he had missed it all , and slept right through!!)
I was a bit annoyed with myself, that I had seen the angels, but had asked then nothing.
Dave said that if I was supposed to ask them something,then God would have nudged me to do so.
But , I agree, except for wearing white gowns, they were very solid, strong, tall men. Not at all " spiritish" or floaty.
I am sure that is how Jesus was when revealing Himself to His disciples.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have always believed in the ministry of Angels.
Heb 1 14 “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

On the night my dad died I was totally worn out. I had been up with him at 5 am every morning..taken care of him all day until bed time for six straight weeks...he had gone down hill quickly, but he wanted to die at home. We knew the time was close, but not which day.
That night I fell into bed at 10.30. I could only think of how tired I was. With my eyes closed I saw 4 angels in our bedroom..one was by the door, one at the foot of my bed, one at the foot of David's bed..and one by the side of David's bed.
I KNEW that if I opened my eyes they would be there...I opened my eyes and sure enough there they were!
Like you mentioned...not floaty spirits...but BIG ,strong, men. They did have white gowns on which surprised me...and they had blond hair which equally surprised me! They seemed about 6' 8" or so , with strong arms. ( No wings)
I knew right then that they had come for my dad.
Stupidly, I never asked them anything, it never went through my mind to say anything...I was just so happy to see them 'taking charge. I was just so relieved, I thought- " Oh good, the angels are here, so I can leave dad with them, and go to sleep."
I did say to myself, " If Dave and I have 4 angels in here...how many does my dad have in his room.!!"
I did then lift my head, (our door and my dad's door were wide open. I could see right into dads room) ...there was a bright, misty white light , like a glory cloud ..and it was a very " busy" in the room ...I could not see how many angels.
Then the bright white mist covered the doorway to his room...just as if God was saying to me - " Mind your own business, I've got this in hand."
I relaxed and fell asleep very happy.
I woke at 2am, and just knew that he had gone.
I checked, and he had. I danced around his bedroom, happy for him (he was 90) saying-
"You did it dad, you're Home, you walked through the valley of the shadow of death and your Home!!"
Dave and I had a cup of tea....then called the funeral home at 5am. ( He was a bit disappointed that he had missed it all , and slept right through!!)
I was a bit annoyed with myself, that I had seen the angels, but had asked then nothing.
Dave said that if I was supposed to ask them something,then God would have nudged me to do so.
But , I agree, except for wearing white gowns, they were very solid, strong, tall men. Not at all " spiritish" or floaty.
I am sure that is how Jesus was when revealing Himself to His disciples.

Brought tears to my eyes, how beautiful ! Yeah there are so many things of which we know nothing until it is revealed, a whole other world......It never ceases to amaze me both what He can and what He will do.......You would be right, there was nothing floaty nor see through about Him.... But then we have to remember, He is not a ghost, but a justified resurrected human being, which for the most part I don't know that we fully comprehend.
Thank you so much for sharing that..... Gave me quite a boost ......Peace and joy Pia

Reactions: Helen

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
I never heard this before and can't imagine how anyone could get that idea from scripture.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
1 John 3
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

This does not say that by any stretch of the imagination.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States

What?!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never heard this before and can't imagine how anyone could get that idea from scripture.

Very strange comment...then how much scripture do you read?
But then I remember that somewhere else you said that you only know Jesus from the Old Testament, not the new...or something like that..I forget where you said it now.
Is that not what you said?

Reactions: pia