September 22nd, 2017 End of the World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
weapons beaten into farm equipment... ...the lion lieing down with the Lamb, etc.
This is a good point to discuss... Yes, they too have been fulfilled.

This is the time of Christ's reign upon the earth with his saints, a time of battle. But many after coming to the knowledge of Christ, have put down their weapons of battle and have begun to tend the flocks and fields, and therefore, one shall be taken and the other left. It is one thing to feed the sheep, but do not put down your armor and weapons.

As for the lion lying down with the lamb...this is Christ (the Lion and the Lamb), whom is together our salvation and our King, and has entered into His rest - but we, we have not. Stay vigilant.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterists have to ask themselves why the Apostle John never told anyone that everything had been accomplished even though he lived for decades after Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven.
John did tell, but in visions, which have been hidden until the fullness of the gentiles comes in. The same slumber and blindness was placed on Israel, and if God has done this to the natural branches for our sake, certainly we are not spared for the same reason.

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many schools of interpretation and people from opposing camps can get together from now till the end of time and never change the other persons mind. We know all the arguments and have chosen sides. I'm just here to say look at this. That's all. What people do with it is up to them.
Sorry if I missed your authority to make proclamation, but such matters do not fall to interpretations. Are we still going to kill the prophets of God then, because we have made our own interpretation? Are we whom God has poured out his spirit upon, still not listening to what the spirit says? Have you no greater witness than to say, Look here?

Last edited:

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
hmm, i think Jesus said it before that, but this perspective of yours still insists upon "these last days" being a certain age in the earth, rather than a certain period of your life. This might be your "last day" on earth, see. You are in "these last days," like every other adult that has ever gone before you.

This same perspective might be applied to "thousand year reign" also; unless you can imagine the announcement being made, "ok, tomorrow the thousand year reign ends, everyone..." i mean pls
There are lots of scriptures that point to an appointed time. Even the demons possessing people asked Jesus Christ if he had come to torment them before the time.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Not Biblically. Only when you say thus saith the Lord or the word of the Lord came to me, etc, are you claiming to be a prophet.

Reactions: Helen

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Sorry if I missed you authority to make proclamation, but such matters do not fall to interpretations. Are we still going to kill the prophets of God then, because we have made our own interpretation? Are we whom God has poured out his spirit upon, still not listening to what the spirit says? Have you no greater witness than to say, Look here?
Scripture tells you to watch.
Open your Bible and look.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Sorry if I missed you authority to make proclamation, but such matters do not fall to interpretations. Are we still going to kill the prophets of God then, because we have made our own interpretation? Are we whom God has poured out his spirit upon, still not listening to what the spirit says? Have you no greater witness than to say, Look here?
I don't understand what you are saying.
There are hundreds and hundreds of millions of Christians that expect Jesus Christ to return. It is the Preterist way of thinking that is questioned by the experts not the other way around.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Yes, and you should have known that if He went to the Father, whom is spirit, that indeed He has come again in the spirit - just as He went. Or will you say, that He is not here among us even now?
What is spirit?
After his resurrection he said it is I, place your hand in my side.
Scripture says the saints will be changed and given a body like Christ's, immortal.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture tells you to watch.
Open your Bible and look.
The word of Christ (scripture) is spirit, but written in parable, that those of the spirit may understand and those not of the spirit will not. In other words, the words alone do not tell all.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand what you are saying.
There are hundreds and hundreds of millions of Christians that expect Jesus Christ to return. It is the Preterist way of thinking that is questioned by the experts not the other way around.
See post # 171 for what I am saying of the written word of scripture.

As for the hundreds of millions, this is the popular and wide path...and what does it say about it?

But again, I believe you are mistaking the historic position of the Preterists...that we have missed the resurrection. This, I do not agree with, for they have not adequately explained their own version of a timeline, and I do not prescribe to any form of timeline.

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
The word of Christ (scripture) is spirit, but written in parable, that those of the spirit may understand and those not of the spirit will not. In other words, the words alone do not tell all.
Jesus Christ told his disciples in private that he speaks in parables in public so that those listening will NOT understand. And he told them that he does not speak in parables to them so that they will understand.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is spirit?
After his resurrection he said it is I, place your hand in my side.
Scripture says the saints will be changed and given a body like Christ's, immortal.
Hmmm...this is indeed a point of confusion.

Christ did indeed have a flesh body after his resurrection...but not after his ascension, for it is His ascension that we commonly refer to as the resurrection. But His resurrection was done as a witness, ours is not. That witness was not a witness of the resurrection, but of "Christ coming in the flesh" among those to whom He comes in spirit, that we should do greater things in His name, even greater than He himself did.

But in the resurrection, we like Christ, go to the Father whom is spirit, where Christ has prepared a place for us (in Him), that where He is, we should be also.

Last edited:

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
See post # 171 for what I am saying of the written word of scripture.

As for the hundreds of millions, this is the popular and wide path...and what does it say about it?

But again, I believe you are mistaking the historic position of the Preterists...that we have missed the resurrection. This, I do not agree with, for they have not adequately explained their own version of a timeline, and I do not prescribe to any form of timeline.
You can always draw the lines anywhere you like.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
snarf :D
Revelation also says It is finished and it is done when the kingdoms of the world become the Kingdom of God.
we have all been trained to perceive "The Revelation of Christ" as " The Revelation of the Future," and although i'm sure that that was intentional also, a point might be to recognize that the Rev was not written to a select generation, and the passages you refer to might be realized by any of the faithful in any age. Now, will tomorrow be different than today? Yes.

But today or at least now is all you will ever have ok. It will never not be right now for the entire rest of your existence, both now and then, because then it will be now. We have been trained to be anywhere but now; we are either in yesterday or tomorrow mentally as a rule, not an exception. We talk about yesterday and make plans for tomorrow. Sounds innocent enough, huh

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Preterists
that is some kind of doctrinal belief about tomorrow, right?
has something to do with when one believes the rapture will occur in conjunction with the Tribulation?
something like that? never bothered to find out personally

are there posterists? :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Did you teach about the Annual Holy Days and their fulfillment? About Bible prophecy and how Matthew 24 explains the Seals in plain language? That the 22 Psalm described how Jesus Christ experienced the Crucifixion?
diff subjects, but they are common or even obvious, @ Ps22..so, yes?
is there something in those that compels you to start prognosticating about tomorrow?

JAA

Aug 4, 2017
Jessup
Faith
Muslim
Country
United States
Hmmm...this is indeed a point of confusion.

Christ did indeed have a flesh body after his resurrection...but not after his ascension, for it is His ascension that we commonly refer to as the resurrection. But His resurrection was done as a witness, ours is not. That witness was not a witness of the resurrection, but of "Christ coming in the flesh" among those to whom He comes in spirit, that we should do greater things in His name, even greater than He himself did.

But in the resurrection, we like Christ, go to the Father whom is spirit, where Christ has prepared a place for us (in Him), that where He is, we should bee also.

He was risen but not resurrected?

Matthew 28 King James Version (KJV)
28 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy;