Seven Years of Tribulation,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Gee Trek I guess you better show me some of that scripture that says the trib is for the church and not Israel; I must have missed it along the way.

In 70AD the believers did not experience testing; they were all saved. It was the unbelievers who experienced tribulation. In the finial days it will be Israel who experience refinement and as Yeshua says 2/3's will be lost and 1/3 saved.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Saint: Your words: "In 70AD the believers did not experience testing; they were all saved."

You're kidding, right? Let's see, losing homes, persecution, jailed, crucified left and right, fed to the lions, main victims in the arena, yep no testing there. They might not have been in Jerusalem, but the 1st century church was one of those most persecuted eras in christian history and it lasted til around 300AD. 70AD is really irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Read Rev. 12:17, Rev. 13:7-10

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Trek the events are reported from several differences sources; I could go into a long description but I don't have the time so I will attach the two links for you to read if you are interested. Believers escaped to Pella so if you are so inclined do a search on "Pella".

http://www.ukapologetics.net/09/AD70.htm

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/sermons/prophecy/70ad/sermon.php

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

Here is another excellent source... http://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyArchive/p/pella-flight.html

Trek I just remembered this that I had written sometime back about the future Pella; you might be interested in reading it as well because it will all happen again: the escape to Pella!

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

I’m becoming increasingly convinced that the gospels of Mark 13, Luke 21 and Matthew 24 were in fact fulfilled in 70AD; the history as outlined by Josephus and the events therein seems to verify this. That being said I am equally convinced that what we see in these three gospels regarding the destruction of Jerusalem are dual prophecies and will in general outline the next destruction of Jerusalem at the end of this age.

One of the key points of the first destruction was the warning by Luke in chapter 21 where he says: By your endurance you will gain your lives. "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it, (Luk 21:19-21 ESV)

Many commentators agree that this warning in fact outlines the Abomination of desolation outlined in 2 Thessalonians 2.

Josephus tells us that in fact the elect did heed the warning of Luke and did escape and not a Christian was lost:
quote:

When Cestius was at the point of taking the city, suddenly, as Josephus says, “without any reason in the world,” he withdrew his forces and hurriedly departed! The Jews, who were about to open the gates in surrender, couldn’t believe their eyes! Filled with courage, they pursued the retreating army, inflicting on it a major disaster. Following this retreat there was a brief interlude before the armies of Rome would return with reinforcements to destroy the city. During this interval there was time for Yeshua’s followers to flee Jerusalem. What took place is summed up by Thomas Newton:

"We learn from ecclesiastical histories, that at this juncture all who believed in Christ departed Jerusalem, and removed to Pella and other places beyond the river Jordan; so that they all marvelously escaped the general shipwreck of their countrymen; and we do not read anywhere that so much as one of them perished in the destruction of Jerusalem" (Dissertations on the Prophecies [London: 1754], p. 389).

Now lets move forward to the next destruction at the end of this age:

Draw near, O nations, to hear, and give attention, O peoples! Let the earth hear, and all that fills it; the world, and all that comes from it. For the LORD is enraged against all the nations, and furious against all their host; he has devoted them to destruction, has given them over for slaughter. Their slain shall be cast out, and the stench of their corpses shall rise; the mountains shall flow with their blood. All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies roll up like a scroll. All their host shall fall, as leaves fall from the vine, like leaves falling from the fig tree. For my sword has drunk its fill in the heavens; behold, it descends for judgment upon Edom, upon the people I have devoted to destruction. The LORD has a sword; it is sated with blood; it is gorged with fat, with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams. For the LORD has a sacrifice in Bozrah, a great slaughter in the land of Edom. Wild oxen shall fall with them, and young steers with the mighty bulls. Their land shall drink its fill of blood, and their soil shall be gorged with fat. For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion. And the streams of Edom shall be turned into pitch, and her soil into sulfur; her land shall become burning pitch. Night and day it shall not be quenched; its smoke shall go up forever. From generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it forever and ever.
(Isa 34:1-10 ESV)

Who is this who comes from Edom, in crimsoned garments from Bozrah, he who is splendid in his apparel, marching in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save." Why is your apparel red, and your garments like his who treads in the winepress? "I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with me; I trod them in my anger and trampled them in my wrath; their lifeblood spattered on my garments, and stained all my apparel. For the day of vengeance was in my heart, and my year of redemption had come.
(Isa 63:1-4 ESV)

I think that the elect at the end of this age see the gentile armies gathering in the Valley of Armageddon and in fact heed the warning of Luke and flee into Edom (modern day Jordan) and find refuge in either the old city of Bozrah or more likely in Petra. Bozrah is an Old Testament city in Edom whose name translates as sheep pen. The city that closely resembles a sheep pen in Southern Jordan is the ancient Roman city called Petra. A rock fortress that is highly defendable with the surrounding mountains.

Isaiah 33:16-17 "He will dwell on high; His place of defense will be the fortress of rocks; Bread will be given him, His water will be sure. Your eyes will see the King in His beauty; They will see the land that is very far off." The LORD will provide for the remnant just as He did for the Israelites during the Exodus from Egypt. A clear passage of the remnants gathering as prophesied by Micah.Micah 2:12-13 "I will surely assemble all of you, O Jacob, I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together (in Bozrah) like sheep of the fold, Like a flock in the midst of their pasture; They shall make a loud noise because of so many people. The one who breaks open will come up before them; They will break out, Pass through the gate, And go out by it; Their king will pass before them, With the LORD at their head."

In short this is how I see the scenario developing:

1. At the close of this age all Gentile nations gather in the Valley of Jezreel near the Mountain of Meggido.

2. The Jewish remnant will flee Jerusalem and run south because the armies of the Anti-Messiah are in the north in Meggido.

3. They will flee the land of Israel and somehow end up in Southern Jordan (Edom) in the city of Petra or ancient Bozrah.

4. Out of desperation the Jewish remnant will call upon the Messiah while in Petra or Bozrah. They will say; "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD." All of Israel will be Saved (Romans 11).

5. The Messiah will return with the great sacrifice of the Gentile armies in Bozrah. Bozrah will be made into a total burning wasteland through out the millennial kingdom.

6. The Sword of the Lord will smite the Gentile Armies until there is blood up to the horses neck for 200 miles back to Jerusalem.

7. The movement will be northward to Jerusalem where He will make the victory assent to the Mount of Olives.

8. There will be a gathering of all surviving Gentiles where the Messiah will divide them according to their helping Jesus' brethren the Jews. The pro-Semitic sheep gentiles will be allowed into the Kingdom and the anti-Semitic goat gentiles go into everlasting punishment.

9. The Davidic throne will be established in Jerusalem and the earth will be renovated for the Messianic Kingdom that will last one thousand years.

This is quite brief and there is much to consider but please read and study before you start picking it apart based upon your current teachings.

This is all new to me am well and I am still trying to fit my head around what I'm seeing in Isaiah regarding the Messiah and the Sheep Pen of Bozrah where Messiah says he will "surely assemble all of you, O Jacob, I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; I will put them together (in Bozrah) like sheep of the fold."

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Saint and Vet, According to scripture the great trib is against God's church, not Israel. Israel has their own time of hardship, the Time of Jacob's Trouble per Jer. 30:7. Different times of trouble for different reasons. The great trib on the church is for 1Peter 1:7 - "[sup] [/sup]That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

The time of Jacob's Trouble is judgment before restoration. Not the same thing, imo.

The time of Jacob's trouble is ... the time of "great tribulation" our Lord Jesus mentioned in Matt.24:21. It will affect all ... peoples on earth, but in different ways. For those who remain standing in Christ Jesus, we may expect various persecutions by the wicked, and even by our own deceived brethren and family. For those who are deceived, they will have gone into the depths of darkness and confusion while not being aware of it until Christ reveals Himself at His coming "as a thief in the night." And Christ's Church will be here on earth to go through it. Yet only two symbolic Churches in Revelation are shown making a stand for Christ during it, which means the other five are deceived in that time, which is the actual time of Apostle Paul's 'falling away' idea in 2 Thess.2.

Vet, Regarding Dan. 7:25-27, this is just confirming that Israel will be the dominate nation in the millennium.

You're basing that on your accepted views of Dispensationalism, which wrongly teaches a division between Israelite believers and Gentile believers. That is one of men's doctrines, and if you heed it, you will miss how that prophecy is about all of Christ's Church as "the commonwealth of Israel" which Apostle Paul declared to Christians of the Church at Ephesus (Ephesians 2).

Your words: "As for the "rod of iron" which our Lord Jesus and His elect will rule with, we were already told that in the Psalms. It's for the 'nations'."

I don't just believe what I said there, I know it, because it's well written of in Psalms 2 and Revelation, especially Revelation 20 which reveals nations still existing that will side with Satan after Christ's Millennium reign. Zechariah 14 reveals that also. Surely you don't believe those nations of that time only means Christian believers, for that would be confusion, seeing how those join with Satan as Gog and Magog at the end of Christ's Millennium.

If you believe, as I do, that there are gentile nations in the millennium, why do you not believe that the survivors of the sheep and goat judgments will be the ones to re-populate the earth to form those "nations".

The idea that the nations of the lost at that future time will still be in flesh bodies of today is an assumption from men's doctrines that flesh is all we're made up of. It's a Jewish doctrine. That assumption is even why the Sadduccees didn't believe in any resurrection of the dead at all. The Pharisees believed in a resurrection, but one of flesh like today's flesh. Study Isaiah 25 in conjunction with what Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15 about the resurrection, and don't forget that he said "neither doth corruption inherit incorruption".

Another area in Scripture which might be misleading you on that is the Rev.20:5 Scripture about the "dead" that lived not again until the thousand years are over. That's not about literal dead that haven't been resurrected yet. It's about the spiritually dead of the nations that are still in a lost condition while going through Christ's thousand years reign with His elect. If you'll look closely, the rebellious of those nations follow Satan at the end of the thousand years PRIOR to God's great white throne judgment. And most think at God's Judgment is when those "dead" are resurrected to stand in judgment which means automatic conflict with the Scripture. So how is it, those nations are there already prior to Satan's final release, and also prior to God's final Judgment time?

Because of that, some assume those lost nations must still be in their same flesh bodies of today going through Christ's future Milennium reign, while only His elect went go through the 'change' at the 'twinkling of an eye' that Paul taught that's to happen with Christ's return, i.e., like a mixture of peoples on earth with some in their resurrected "spiritual body", while others are still in their flesh bodies. That's not what Isaiah 25 points to where Paul was pulling the death swallowed up in victory idea from. Isaiah 25 reveals all peoples... will be changed, including the wicked, just as 1 Cor.15 does too if one pays close attention.

I never said the lake of fire was the same as gehenna or sheol or anything similar but I still believe it's been around since the fall of satan.

The "lake of fire" is an event prepared for the end, prior to the new heavens and a new earth. God said He prepared it of old for Satan and his angels, but to me that does not suggest it has ever existed yet, only that God has already ordained that it will take place. Our Lord Jesus used the burning in the valley of Hinnom to compare... it to.

Your words: "Concerning the Rev.20:10 verse, stop and do some more thinking, and look at Rev.19:20 again. If you'll notice, Satan the devil is left out of Rev.19:20. The meaing? The "beast" and "false prophet" are ALREADY destroyed PRIOR to the devil going into that "lake of fire" at Rev.20:10. Don't stop there though, because what does that Rev.19:20 casting mean, since God's great white throne judgment of those who perish is not until later after Christ's "thousand years" reign per Rev.20:11-15? In other words, just who all... has God already judged and sentenced to perish in that "lake of fire" at that Rev.19:20 specific point in time? Understanding this is important, because it's another marker God put in His Word to understand who the final Antichrist on earth will be."

You have said that the "beast" is satan. I am trying to show you they are different beings. Rev. 20:10 is not the only vs, that points this out. Rev. 19:20 has the beast and false prophet cast into the lake of fire, which does not have to be after the GWTJ. Special evil can receive special judgment. However in Rev. 20:2-3 satan is cast into the bottomless pit, again "separate" from the beast. They are not the same. I believe my theory of "possession" adequately explains this.

The "another beast" is the devil himself, Satan, that old serpent, the dragon. The "beast" of Rev.19:20 that goes into the lake of fire at the start of Christ's thousand years reign is the FIRST beast of Rev.13:1, a kingdom beast (i.e., the one world government system being setup today, 10 horns, 7 heads, 10 crowns). There's 2 different beasts mentioned in Rev.13.

My main point you were to catch is this: if the false prophet, or another beast, is some flesh man, then how is it that he goes into the lake of fire PRIOR to God's great white throne judgment which is after Christ's thousand years reign? There is no prior lake of fire judgment of any flesh man other than at the end of Rev.20. If one says there is, then it would mean others that have died, like Judas Iscariot and all the wicked dead are already judged and have perished already.

At some point I'd like to discuss Ez. 40-48. Perhaps some time you can write an article on it. Even tho I may not agree, I'd love to hear your "take" on it besides the bits and pieces you mention here and there. It's not a topic I've put much study into.

I've done that already on this forum, but it's buried somewhere. Study Ezek.38-39 in conjunction with "day of the Lord" events, for that's when it's tied to. Gog and Magog in both Ezek.38 and Rev.20 serve as symbolic for those who follow the devil against God's people. Those are two separate timed events, one for just prior to Christ's second coming, and the other at the end of Christ's future Millennium reign when Satan is released to deceive the nations one final time prior to his destruction.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, I don't know what to say. That is one of the most outlandish views of the millennium I have ever heard. May I ask if you developed this yourself or is it a teaching you've rec'd, or is it some kind of denominational belief? We are miles apart on this one.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, I don't know what to say. That is one of the most outlandish views of the millennium I have ever heard. May I ask if you developed this yourself or is it a teaching you've rec'd, or is it some kind of denominational belief? We are miles apart on this one.

That would be a normal response for someone who's only been fed men's traditions, instead of going deeper into God's Word. Everything I covered there is in God's Word. You just have not gotten to it yet because of man's old bottle traditions. An idea like all the wicked are destroyed at Christ's return is what's outlandish, as also any idea that only the just are resurrected at Christ's returning. I'm prepared to cover each point Scripturally for you, but I don't think you'll take that challenge, otherwise you would not have made those 'cop out' type of remarks. So why don't you do what you usually do, just 'bow out' of the conversation instead of wanting to go deeper into God's Word for the proof.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, I "bow out" at times because we reach a stalemate. I see no sense in rehashing the same discussion when neither of us seems to give an inch. It's doubtful to me that you could prove your point with more scripture only because you would have to get lost in a symbolic forest to make any sense other than what is plain to me in scripture. When the bible goes symbolic 99% of the time it explains itself within the same context. If it doesn't, it should be taken literally. Case in point, the great city of Rev. 11. It explains itself as where Christ was crucified thus it's logical to conclude it is speaking of Jerusalem. It does not do that in Rev. 17, except when it says in vs. 17 "which reigneth over the kings of the earth". Jerusalem has never done that, thus it can not be Jerusalem. I've shown you scriptural fact after scriptural fact that Babylon can not be Jerusalem. You may not agree that it's the USA and that's ok. Rome or Babylon would be realistic counter-arguments, but certainly not Jerusalem. You still didn't answer the question about how you came up with this belief, which to me was a reasonable one to ask.

Not all men's traditions are false. Granted, error can crop up in many ways but to automatically dismiss everything is to reject some truths. You seem to have the attitude that if the "church" at any time taught something, then it is automatically wrong, thus there must be another answer. The pre-trib theory can be wrong but that doesn't automatically mean that everything that points to that belief is wrong. Just some of it.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, I "bow out" at times because we reach a stalemate. I see no sense in rehashing the same discussion when neither of us seems to give an inch. It's doubtful to me that you could prove your point with more scripture only because you would have to get lost in a symbolic forest to make any sense other than what is plain to me in scripture. When the bible goes symbolic 99% of the time it explains itself within the same context. If it doesn't, it should be taken literally. Case in point, the great city of Rev. 11. It explains itself as where Christ was crucified thus it's logical to conclude it is speaking of Jerusalem. It does not do that in Rev. 17, except when it says in vs. 17 "which reigneth over the kings of the earth". Jerusalem has never done that, thus it can not be Jerusalem. I've shown you scriptural fact after scriptural fact that Babylon can not be Jerusalem. You may not agree that it's the USA and that's ok. Rome or Babylon would be realistic counter-arguments, but certainly not Jerusalem. You still didn't answer the question about how you came up with this belief, which to me was a reasonable one to ask.

Not all men's traditions are false. Granted, error can crop up in many ways but to automatically dismiss everything is to reject some truths. You seem to have the attitude that if the "church" at any time taught something, then it is automatically wrong, thus there must be another answer. The pre-trib theory can be wrong but that doesn't automatically mean that everything that points to that belief is wrong. Just some of it.

When studying Revelation, we cannot just omit the rest of God's Word. So my Biblical basis for Jerusalem being the Babylon harlot of Rev.17-18 is not solely based on that one "great city" phrase of Rev.11:8 (even though you omitted the idea included with that how the "great city" there is being "spiritually" likened to Sodom and Egypt, i.e., paganism). There are many more pointers that it's Jerusalem in the tribulation that is the place in question. The subject of the "abomination of desolation" is one of them; Paul's declaration of a false one coming to sit in a temple in Jerusalem is another, and the "another beast" working is a direct parallel to those previous prophecies.

Like I've said many times before, in our Lord's Olivet Discourse He was giving us the 7 Signs of the end which is what His Book of Revelation is covering with the events of the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials, which are about only 7 Signs He gave beforehand. And in His Olivet Discourse the area of discussion was Jerusalem. Besides, we're also given this prophetic pointer to show it's Jerusalem...

Rev 18:24
24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
(KJV)

That's directly related to Christ's pronouncation in Matthew 23 about Jerusalem and those He laid blame to the killing of the prophets.

Matt 23:37
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
(KJV)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, This is the best argument for Jerusalem to date, however, Placing the a of d in Jerusalem, (which I agree with) doesn't automatically translate the harlot as being Jerusalem. Could the beast of Rev. 17 have its headquarters there? Absolutely, but the picture is of the harlot riding the beast, not the beast riding the harlot, in a "power" sense. The harlot is controlling the reins, so to speak. In the end time scenario, we see the beast, a/c, for a time, under the control of another. I can't imagine in my mind how Jerusalem could control the beast the way it's implied, but I can picture the USA or a future nation having the economic might to do so.

We've already discussed the fact that I believe the signs of Matt. 24 parallel the 7 seals and nothing else. I don't see the trumpets or vials in there at all.

Regarding this verse: Matt. 23:37 - "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not."

This is your most reasonable argument yet, however, this is looking at an historical sense where I believe that Rev. 18:24 - "And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

is speaking of a future time. Notice this verse "adds" "of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth." Jerusalem can't be blamed for all that! You need to ask yourself these questions. If Rev. 18 is not Jerusalem, is there a city state/nation that others might consider a "promised land"? Is there a nation that has has the diversity of vs.Rev. 17:15? Is there a nation that was known for most of its history as a "godly" nation? Can you picture a nation whose leaders declare that bible & prophecy believers may be home grown terrorist threats? Can you picture a nation, turning on christians for the atrocities done by an individual or a group in the name of God? Look how suspect ALL moslems were after 9/11. Can you picture a nation submitting to Islamic control in the "name of peace". I can and the USA fits the bill for all of them, at this time. Could things change in the future that might cause me to change my mind if I were still alive? Yep!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, This is the best argument for Jerusalem to date, however, Placing the a of d in Jerusalem, (which I agree with) doesn't automatically translate the harlot as being Jerusalem. Could the beast of Rev. 17 have its headquarters there? Absolutely, but the picture is of the harlot riding the beast, not the beast riding the harlot, in a "power" sense. The harlot is controlling the reins, so to speak. In the end time scenario, we see the beast, a/c, for a time, under the control of another. I can't imagine in my mind how Jerusalem could control the beast the way it's implied, but I can picture the USA or a future nation having the economic might to do so.

I for one am 100% certain that it's Jerusalem being talked about the "great city" Babylon harlot of Revelation, and no where else on earth. So even beyond the scope of literal parameters like I offered in my above post, Jerusalem is where God has chosen to dwell forever, and that's why the coming antichrist/false messiah will set his headquarters there. Afterall, the idea of God's House is to be a place of worship for all nations, as written, and per the orthodox Jew's view, that's always meant Jerusalem on earth.

Apostle Paul directly pointed to a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem for the coming pseudo-Christ just as our Lord's Apostles did while speaking with Him upon the Mount of Olives. The false idea that Paul was speaking of the spiritual temple of Christ's Body of believers is a false teaching begun by those trying to hide the ultimate plan for a 3rd temple in Jerusalem for the last days. The true spiritual temple of Christ's Body cannot be corrupted by an antichrist. There's a group of orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today that have the materials ready to build another temple, even with the cornerstone already cut and ready to be placed. Moreover, Rev.11:1-2 also points to a literal stone temple standing in Jerusalem for the 42 month reign of the antichrist. So I think we've been well warned of this in Scripture; it's a simple matter of heeding the Scripture and looking at the signs of it coming to pass while refusing to listen to all the false prophets and the deceived among the Church today.

We've already discussed the fact that I believe the signs of Matt. 24 parallel the 7 seals and nothing else. I don't see the trumpets or vials in there at all.

It's only because of the doctrines of men you hold to that's making you think that. Christ only gave 7 signs for the end in His Olivet Discourse, not 21. You appear to have too many disconnects between given events in Scripture just because they're not all in the same Book of God's Word.

Regarding this verse: Matt. 23:37 - "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not."

This is your most reasonable argument yet, however, this is looking at an historical sense where I believe that Rev. 18:24 - "And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth."

is speaking of a future time. Notice this verse "adds" "of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth." Jerusalem can't be blamed for all that! You need to ask yourself these questions. If Rev. 18 is not Jerusalem, is there a city state/nation that others might consider a "promised land"? Is there a nation that has has the diversity of vs.Rev. 17:15? Is there a nation that was known for most of its history as a "godly" nation? Can you picture a nation whose leaders declare that bible & prophecy believers may be home grown terrorist threats? Can you picture a nation, turning on christians for the atrocities done by an individual or a group in the name of God? Look how suspect ALL moslems were after 9/11. Can you picture a nation submitting to Islamic control in the "name of peace". I can and the USA fits the bill for all of them, at this time. Could things change in the future that might cause me to change my mind if I were still alive? Yep!

We had that discussion about the word "saints" appearing back in Daniel 7, remember? And I pointed you to next verses after Dan.7:25, remember? Thus the idea that the word "saints" only mean Christians since Christ came is erroneous, a man-made doctrine. That meaning was first about those back in OT times which God called prior to Christ's first coming.

And as for how far reaching the blood guilt is assigned, that includes the Biblical idea of the "mystery of iniquity", i.e., one of the very first bits of information given in Scripture like Gen.3:15 about an "emnity" set between Satan's servants on earth and God's people. It's that "mystery of iniquity" matter is the cause of all nations today being moved towards the coming "one world government" system. Those workers sit in high places in all nations today, which is another reason why we cannot just hap-hazardly assign any one particular people or nation as the Babylon harlot. It will be Jerusalem, because like I said, and you already know, the abomination of desolation prophecy is not for anywhere else on earth except Jerusalem.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, Your words: "It's only because of the doctrines of men you hold to that's making you think that. Christ only gave 7 signs for the end in His Olivet Discourse, not 21."

It seems the logical conclusion would be that the church would only be here for the first seven (seals) and that we wouldn't be here for the final 14 (trumps and vials). He didn't see the need to describe what the church wouldn't be here to experience, at that time.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, Your words: "It's only because of the doctrines of men you hold to that's making you think that. Christ only gave 7 signs for the end in His Olivet Discourse, not 21."

It seems the logical conclusion would be that the church would only be here for the first seven (seals) and that we wouldn't be here for the final 14 (trumps and vials). He didn't see the need to describe what the church wouldn't be here to experience, at that time.

The 6 Trumpets are tribulation timing. Christ having returned is clearly shown at the latter part of Rev.11 with 7th Trumpet.

That 7th Trumpet is the "last trump" which Apostle Paul taught in 1 Cor.15, which is when he showed the resurrection will occur. Per our Lord Jesus in John 5:28-29, both a resurrection of the just, and of the unjust, is to occur at the event of His coming to gather His Church. Per both Matt.24 and Mark 13, the asleep saints and saints still alive on earth are both gathered together to Him at His coming when that John 5:28-29 event occurs.

If the resurrection has happened, then it means the first day of Christ's "thousand years" has begun. And that means the tribulation time is then... over, Satan locked in his pit prison for the thousand years with Christ and His elect reigning over all nations and peoples, per Rev.11, Rev.20, and the latter part of Zechariah 14. And also, the Rev.16:15 verse reveals even on the 6th Vial, Christ's coming and gathering of the Church has not happened yet, which reveals the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials parallel each other according to the timeline of the 7 Signs our Lord Jesus first gave in His Olivet Discourse (Matt.24 & Mark 13).

Thus the Pre-Wrath position is actually close-aligned with the false Pre-Trib Rapture position, the only difference being Pre-Wrath wrongly believes the Church is raptured at the mid-point of the final "one week" of Dan.9:27 when the abomination of desolation is setup. Holding to that position is why you would deny the "two candlesticks" link in Rev.11 to two Churches.

That's why I say your confusion is because of the doctrines of men you're holding onto.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vet, There's no confusion on my part. Imo, pre-wrath flows smoothly with the prophecies of scripture. We've already discussed all the points you brought out several times over. You see your way as making sense and I see mine. Phrases like last "day" and last "trump" don't really have the authority you give them because as the Day of the Lord is a multi-year, multi-themed event, so is everything that references the phrase "last day". You build a lot on the "last trump" of 1 Co. but no belief should have a two-word phrase used only once in the bible as a foundational part of their doctrine, especially when there are logical alternative views to what the phrasing is speaking about.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
It is made up by men and not in scripture. The scripture states a time, times and half time which is three and a half years. It states forty two months which is also three and a half years and it states 1260 days which is also three and a half years. In the book of Daniel 12th Chapter it uses these four terms which run concurrent.

1. time, times and a half time
2. one thousand two hundred and ninety days.
3. one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.

The great tribulation starts when the two witnesses of God remove the weather and water from earth.

There is only three and a half years of tribulation.

Just like it says in Daniel 12

1 "At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book. 2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever. 4 "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase." 5 Then I, Daniel, looked; and there stood two others, one on this riverbank and the other on that riverbank. 6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, "How long shall the fulfillment of these wonders be?" 7(the two witnesses) Then I heard the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, (Christ) when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever, that it shall be for a time, times, and half a time; (three and a half years) and when the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things shall be finished.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Son Of Man wrote:
" Just like it says in Daniel 12

1 "At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, "

OK, i have little problem with that but Tribulation is still 7 years... See. the first half of Tribulation is not a time of trouble but rather a trime of bounty! During the fist half of Tribul;ation Satan "buys" as maany countries as possible. By impossing methods to over-flow people with STUFF. These same people will find it very hard to give up their new found weaalth and their stuff. So after "buying" every country in the world except Israel, his next focus is Israel. However, to attempt that he needs "loyalty" of the world. This "loyality" was bought but even that is not enough as he also needs full control... welcome to the Mark made manditory. It has been said an army travels on it's stomache... with the mark and the control it allows. Satan cn control who eats and it will only be those accepting the mark and doing his bidding.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Son Of Man wrote:
" Just like it says in Daniel 12

1 "At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, "

OK, i have little problem with that but Tribulation is still 7 years... See the first hslf of Tribulation is not a time of trouble but rather a trime of bounty!
I don't know what scripture you get that from and I thought I knew them all. I don't recall ever reading about a seven year tribulation in scripture. Are you speaking of calculations that men who don't have a clue dreamed up in deciphering the seventy week prophecy?

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
In the beginning of Tribulation is Satan being cast down... He attempts to harm the woman who gave birth to the second coming. A flood is sent by Satan after this woman, and the earth swollows this flood.. This has not yet been done.

She is taken to the wilderness for 3 1/2 years... then she is protected for another 3 1/2 years, described as a time and times and the dividig of a time. Also, Tribulations begins with settig of the corner stone... in which the courtytrd is trodden by Gentiles 42 months. then... and certainly after the templ and inner-sanctum is built tthe beast enters the inner-sanctum... if Tribulations was only 3 1/2 years you must place this even at the exact time of Armageddon or afterward. Also,the 2 witnesses have power for 1,260 days... 3 1/2 years.. then they lay in the street 3 1/2 days... then they stand on their feet and then ascend to heaven. If Tribulattion lasted only 3 1/2 years then the two witnesses must ascend 3 1/2 days after Armageddon. So too must a tenth of the city be destroyed after armageddon. Unless you contend the two witnesses campaign before Tribulation begins.

Because the time of revelation is a generation.. .and the time of Tribulation is merely 7 years when it could have also been a generation.... that time has been shortened. Do you think God gave us these numberss and we are not allowed to use them?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
The woman is the daughter of Zion. She gave birth to Christ. Joseph took them into the wilderness of Egypt to hide out for three and a half years. The flood was the murdering of all the Jewish children under a certain age.

18 "A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation, weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted, Because they are no more."

So you have no scripture that mentions a seven year tribulation.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi son of man, There is no scripture that tells us that tribulation lasts 3 1/2 yrs. either. The bible doesn't call it tribulation, people do. There is no timeline given for how long it lasts, we just know it begins when the a of d is set up in the temple. Could the time of Jacob's trouble last 3 1/2 yrs? It's possible, but imo, that is a time separate for the jews. Imo, the great trib is satan's wrath upon the church per Rev. 12:17 and will be cut short (end) by the 7th seal pre-wrath rapture.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, folks.

Listen, guys, you are starting and arguing without commonality. First, define your terms. THEN, proceed to discussion of the various parts of Scripture that truly have to do with the subject matter. For instance, lately, you've been discussing the role that the "woman" plays in the "tribulation," but you don't even have a consensus on who the "woman" IS! Don't you think that the role of the "woman" should be contingient on WHO the "woman" is?

Veteran, you continually say that Yeshua` gave us seven signs in the Olivet Discourse. I would like to see what those seven signs are and how they were given by Yeshua` in the Olivet Discourse (Matt. 24 & 25, Mark 13, and Luke 21).

You guys, keep talking about the length of the "tribulation" when you can't even agree on what the "tribulation" is!

This whole thread so far has been an exercise in futility!

Without some common ground upon which to build, you have no basis for argument.