Seventh-day Adventist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well that's false because Jesus is going to reign form Jerusalem for 1000 years!

Why don't you give us an outline of the correct way we should be looking at it?

That way you can correct all the errors you are referring to.

Be sure and provide a complete scripture references!

Well, your statement above about Jesus' reigning from Jerusalem for 1,000 years is not biblical based on what I know about the End Time Scriptures.

Perhaps you need to present the scriptures to justify your claim.

I know that Rev 19-20 does not back up your claim.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you need to present the scriptures to justify your claim.

Hey, you're the one that said everyone had it all wrong... maybe you include yourself in that statement as well?

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Jesus Christ on the earth. Some seek to interpret the 1,000 years in an allegorical manner. They understand the 1,000 years as merely a figurative way of saying “a long period of time,” not a literal, physical reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. However, six times in Revelation 20:2-7, the millennial kingdom is specifically said to be 1,000 years in length.

The Bible tells us that when Christ returns to the earth He will establish Himself as king in Jerusalem, sitting on the throne of David (Luke 1:32–33).

During the millennium, Jesus will reign as king over Israel and all the nations of the world (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1). The world will live in peace (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:18), Satan will be bound (Revelation 20:1–3), and, at the beginning, everyone will worship God (Isaiah 2:2–3). The purpose of the 1,000-year reign is to fulfill various promises God made to the world. Some of these promises, called covenants, were given specifically to Israel. Others were given to Jesus, the nations of the world, and creation. Jesus’ 1,000-year reign will be a time of promises kept.

Preterism is what is not biblical.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey, you're the one that said everyone had it all wrong... maybe you include yourself in that statement as well?

Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Jesus Christ on the earth. Some seek to interpret the 1,000 years in an allegorical manner. They understand the 1,000 years as merely a figurative way of saying “a long period of time,” not a literal, physical reign of Jesus Christ on the earth. However, six times in Revelation 20:2-7, the millennial kingdom is specifically said to be 1,000 years in length.

The Bible tells us that when Christ returns to the earth He will establish Himself as king in Jerusalem, sitting on the throne of David (Luke 1:32–33).

During the millennium, Jesus will reign as king over Israel and all the nations of the world (Isaiah 2:4; 42:1). The world will live in peace (Isaiah 11:6–9; 32:18), Satan will be bound (Revelation 20:1–3), and, at the beginning, everyone will worship God (Isaiah 2:2–3). The purpose of the 1,000-year reign is to fulfill various promises God made to the world. Some of these promises, called covenants, were given specifically to Israel. Others were given to Jesus, the nations of the world, and creation. Jesus’ 1,000-year reign will be a time of promises kept.

Preterism is what is not biblical.

Well in all of the verses that you referenced, not one of them specifically claimed that Jesus, while Satan was in the Bottomless Pit, would actually reign on the face of the earth.

Here are the passages that you referenced without quoting: -

Luke 1:32-33: - 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”

Isaiah 2:2-4: - 2 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
That the mountain of the Lord's house
Shall be established on the top/as the tallest of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And all nations shall flow to it.
3 Many people shall come and say,
"Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths."
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 He shall judge between the nations,
And rebuke many people;
They shall beat their swords into ploughshares,
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war anymore.

Isaiah 11:6-9: -
6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 32:18: -
18 My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation,
In secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places,

Now Rev 19 spans the whole of the Seventh Age, and my reading of it is that the majority of the time in this chapter, Christ spent in Heaven. It is only at the end of the little while period after the Bottomless pit is opened, that Christ comes down out of heaven to deal with the Beast and the False Prophet to dispatch them into the Lake of Fire.

Now we are told that Christ will come from heaven with all of the heavenly Hosts to Judge the peoples of the earth after Satan is also cast into the Lake of Fire.

It is not until Christ's Second Advent that Christ permanently sets foot on the face of the earth.

Your quoted post above does not substantiate that Christ will Rule from Jerusalem during the seventh Age.

Goodbye

Reactions: The Learner

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those indoctrinated by Ellen G White go by what she said, not be what God's Word says.

So, I wouldn't expect these folks to understand. Good bye!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those indoctrinated by Ellen G White go by what she said, not be what God's Word says.

I didn't know who Mrs. White was until I had already accepted the Ten Commandments as being God's eternal law for His people on Earth. Only non-Adventists concern themselves with Mrs. White on Christian Forums. Her writings don't have the exposure and acceptance that the Bible does, so they can safely ridicule and misrepresent them in ways they would never dare to critique the Bible, as an effective means to cancel Sseventh-day Adventists who just want to get the truth out about the Sabbath and how it pertains to the soon Second Coming of Christ.

What a shame

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So, I wouldn't expect these folks to understand. Good bye!

Not sure that you should be throwing stones Big Boy, as you do not believe what is written in the scriptures by your mistaken theologies that have no basis in the scriptures. You have believed what others have taught you just like there are some people who believe what Ellen White has taught. I see no difference between you and those who you are trying to put down with your attacks on them.

Goodbye

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also believe they are the anti-christ system
You, my friend, are in good company. The ENTIRE PROTESTANT WORLD believed, preached, taught, and suffered and died for this belief, from the time of Luther until just over 100 years ago. The "twin pillars of the Protestant Reformation" were salvation by grace through faith and the papacy is the Antichrist of prophecy.

I've been preaching Protestant Historicism for years - and so far it's proven to be a steadfast anvil that has worn out many a Jesuit "left behind" Futurism hammer.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#L.A.M.B
Be sad for those who reject truth, not for me. As I said, I can defend every single one of my SDA beliefs with my KJV in one hand and any accurate, revisionist-free history book in the other. Can you?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#L.A.M.B
Be sad for those who reject truth, not for me. As I said, I can defend every single one of my SDA beliefs with my KJV in one hand and any accurate, revisionist-free history book in the other. Can you?

You know, it's really very interesting to me that our name was divinely appointed, as a matter of history, but it's not working out the way I used to read it. I thought it was largely a matter of piquing curiosity, but I'm finding out that it was probably meant just as much (and, as time goes by, probably more so) to do some serious shaking with regard to the insincere ones among us.

It reminds me of the stories of John Wesley running from hailstorms of bricks being lobbed at him.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You, my friend, are in good company. The ENTIRE PROTESTANT WORLD believed, preached, taught, and suffered and died for this belief, from the time of Luther until just over 100 years ago. The "twin pillars of the Protestant Reformation" were salvation by grace through faith and the papacy is the Antichrist of prophecy.

I've been preaching Protestant Historicism for years - and so far, it's proven to be a steadfast anvil that has worn out many, many Jesuit "left behind" Futurism hammers.
.....and where is Jesus in all of this?
It has come to my attention that what is worth knowing is embodied in Jesus. He trumps all by his resurrection from the dead.
Has the pearl of great price been waylaid, glossed over, maligned and forgotten in favour of our various theologies, right or wrong?

'I never knew you' are sobering words. Yes, we may have all the 'theology' right, but so what? Do we tell a dying World of the mark of the beast, the sabbath, the state of the dead?.....interesting and important as they are, is it possible to not know the one whom the Universe worships? Is it possible that those in our circle of influence have never heard of the wonder of Jesus....is it possible that we do not know that wonder ourselves therefore we major on everything else 'religious'?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....and where is Jesus in all of this?
It has come to my attention that what is worth knowing is embodied in Jesus. He trumps all by his resurrection from the dead.
Has the pearl of great price been waylaid, glossed over, maligned and forgotten in favour of our various theologies, right or wrong?

'I never knew you' are sobering words. Yes, we may have all the 'theology' right, but so what? Do we tell a dying World of the mark of the beast, the sabbath, the state of the dead?.....interesting and important as they are, is it possible to not know the one whom the Universe worships? Is it possible that those in our circle of influence have never heard of the wonder of Jesus....is it possible that we ourselves do not know that wonder ourselves therefore we major on everything else 'religious'?

Or, is it a matter of:

"These things ought ye to have done, and not left the other undone."

Who said that?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#L.A.M.B
If you want to address my quote, hit the reply option.
If you wish to address me then it's @ in front of profile; @L.A.M.B.

Instead, DARLING, I have zero idea what you are referencing. Couldn't find this, is it from another thread?
If so same on you !

I have no religious denomination nor affiliation only the word of God under inspiration of the Holy Spirit!

I can like the person posting but hate their doctrine.

Lol....to you wonderous juggling claim.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEP! I think so too.
The Arab conquest of the Land came four years after the death of Muhammad (632) and lasted more than four centuries, with caliphs ruling first from Damascus, then from Baghdad and Egypt. At the outset of Islamic rule, Jewish settlement in Jerusalem was resumed, and the Jewish community was granted permission to live under "protection," the customary status of non-Muslims under Islamic rule, which safeguarded their lives, property and freedom of worship in return for payment of special poll and land taxes.

However, the subsequent introduction of restrictions against non-Muslims (717) affected the Jews' public conduct as well as their religious observances and legal status. The imposition of heavy taxes on agricultural land compelled many to move from rural areas to towns, where their circumstances hardly improved, while increasing social and economic discrimination forced many Jews to leave the country. By the end of the 11th century, the Jewish community in the Land had diminished considerably and had lost some of its organizational and religious cohesiveness.