Severe Storms in Oklahoma

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray for them as well don't get me wrong,.. but you might want to rethink that hedge of protection thing just saying...
That "hedge" was what was around Job, until it was removed to test the man. Job passed the test, but would we be able to do so? Consider Satan's words here to God:

"Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face." Job 1:10-11

Job lost his riches, his family and his health, but he never did curse God. Can we say we have done as much when we supposedly have a hedge, the Holy Spirit, around us? What is the difference?

But this is a prayer thread, so I won't pursue that here...

Give God the glory for keeping me and mine from harm today!

[I did watch the video, but I could not laugh.]

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.." Job 1:10-11

Give God the glory for keeping me and mine from harm today!

* [I did watch the video, but I could not laugh.]

Ditto here. I didn’t find it funny either .

Praise God for keeping you and Kathy safe and answering prayer .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No offense or anything, but some people are so touchy. :rolleyes:
I am very sorry sister, but I have never liked videos which to me make light of or joke about the Word of God. I know that no offense was intended, but to me was a serious issue and I had to grit my teeth and ask God to help me. These days I purposely avoid joke threads on this and other forums but you gave me no choice as it was my thread. Consider the purpose of the thread. What if God had said, No, to the positive prayers expressed?

Reactions: Helen and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, when you and your sweetie are hunkered down in the cellar in case of a whirling dervish, do you ever encounter the whirlwind of romance? I know, that's none of my business! Lol! :)

Reactions: Helen

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very sorry sister, but I have never liked videos which to me make light of or joke about the Word of God. I know that no offense was intended, but to me was a serious issue and I had to grit my teeth and ask God to help me. These days I purposely avoid joke threads on this and other forums but you gave me no choice as it was my thread. Consider the purpose of the thread. What if God had said, No, to the positive prayers expressed?

I'm sorry if you were offended, but you can be rested assured that God's not like that. :)

Ouch,... my sides started hurting from laughing so much. XDDDD!!!!

Reactions: Truman

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting this late but, God already knew I would pray for this. May He bless and keep you from any harm. I pray His angels will ward off this tornado with his mighty wings!
Let it fizzle out for the sake of your children, Amen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,.. honestly he was just joking.
There are too many people who do not know God at all as I see it to play games and joke about the truth. Some will misunderstand the intention of a joke for there some also who joke treacherously so as to put God down... Some people really will not be able to tell the difference...

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously @TLHKAJ knew that he was joking and this girl (no offense as this is a compliment) normally isn't amused with anything I post.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know the Biblical reference in Job, and yet it isn't a hedge as in a row of bushes. The original word that is translated "hedge" means a fence or a protective restraint.

indeed .

in our youth we were in a Mission church , so the pastor often had missionary’s in the share.

One missionary , her name was Miss Fox ...her field was India. Deep in the bush area.

she told about a tribe of stressing men who came to attack and kill them . ( they had seen them surround the camp at night and prayed for protection , then went peacefully asleep.

In the morning the aggressive fighters were still there around them. She went out to talk to them and asked if they could feed them .
They told her that their intent was to kill them all and Rob the place, but they couldn’t -“ Because the huge soldiers that she had guarding them were too intimidating for them. They knew it was a god that they didn’t know ...So she shared the gospel with them and told them that the tall guards were a hedge of angels . ( just like the story of Elisha and his your servant at Dothan , when the army came to kill them ...Elisha prayed - “ Open his eyes Lord that he may see -and the Lord opened the young mans eyes and he saw the hills filled with the horses and chariots of the Lords army!) Yay!

Praise God for the hedge of angels that our Father uses in times of need.
.....H