Sexual limitations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theres also scripture that something to the effect of let all things be done as unto the Lord. Maybe with this perspective people will conduct themselves properly?
Yes, but the question seems to be what the Lord approves of in marriage. If you read song of Solomon, and understand what the original language actually said, I'm pretty sure there's a reference to oral sex and, well, other things.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, but the question seems to be what the Lord approves of in marriage. If you read song of Solomon, and understand what the original language actually said, I'm pretty sure there's a reference to oral sex and, well, other things.

After reading it but i found no such references

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen a person get banned from a forum just for bringing up this topic but on another forum ive seen one of the most intriguing conversations. These are genuine questions that many theologians have spent time pondering along with the average person... So im hoping a civilized discussion can ensue here without anyone getting triggered...

We know that sex has to be performed in a traditional hetrosexual marriage but what is sex?
Does God place any limitations in the bedroom?
On one hand a person in another forum said that his priest told him that anything outside of missionary position was sinful.
On the other hand there is hand sex, oral sex, anal sex and toys...

So, what do u think? Where do u draw the line? Where do u think God draws the line?
Carnality is a mess.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading it but i found no such references
Okay so it's very poetic, but since you asked for it and since it is scripture:

Song 2:3 (The wife is acting upon her husband) “Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.”

Song 4:16 (The husband is acting upon the wife) “Awake, O north wind, and come, wind of the south; make my garden breathe out fragrance. Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden and eat its choice fruits!”

Song of Songs 5:1 “I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh along with my balsam. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk. (God then speaking to the husband and wife as lovers as He views and enjoys their sexual celebration) Eat, friends; Drink and imbibe deeply, O lovers.”

Reactions: historyb

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay so it's very poetic, but since you asked for it and since it is scripture:

Song 2:3 (The wife is acting upon her husband) “Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. In his shade I took great delight and sat down, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.”

Song 4:16 (The husband is acting upon the wife) “Awake, O north wind, and come, wind of the south; make my garden breathe out fragrance. Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden and eat its choice fruits!”

Song of Songs 5:1 “I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh along with my balsam. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk. (God then speaking to the husband and wife as lovers as He views and enjoys their sexual celebration) Eat, friends; Drink and imbibe deeply, O lovers.”

What is "Acting upon" ?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm trying not to be too explicit here. I think you know what " acting upon" means in this context.

Out of the sexual acts I listed I have no clue which one it refers to. To me if the translation is "acted upon" I would guess that it's normal Intercourse and nothing more

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, thank you for being open to post about this subject. It's sad that sex is seen as taboo in many Christian circles.

Being married, I believe it's up to the personal convictions of the couple on what goes on behind closed doors. What my wife and I find acceptable another couple may not, and that's OK, it's their relationship. The best advice is to communicate with your partner and pray.

We all have a sexual drive and within marriage I don't see anything wrong with a couple expressing their desires with their partner. Of course, as long as they're in agreement and no one is being forced to do something they're uncomfortable with. God created sex and it's something married couples can enjoy together.

1 Corinthians 7:3 - The husband should fulfill his wife's sexual needs, and the wife should fulfill her husband's needs.

Limitations I would see necessary would be to keep your private life between you and your spouse. Don't defile the marriage bed by allowing individuals to see / be exposed to things they shouldn't be. The Internet doesn't need your bedroom life displayed.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

We know that sex has to be performed in a traditional hetrosexual marriage but what is sex?
Does God place any limitations in the bedroom?
On one hand a person in another forum said that his priest told him that anything outside of missionary position was sinful.
On the other hand there is hand sex, oral sex, anal sex and toys...

So, what do u think? Where do u draw the line? Where do u think God draws the line?

God places no limitations on what happens in the marriage bedroom.

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled" Hebrews 13:4

So, according to the Bible, anything goes!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, when talking about these type of topics it's more than about sex - it's about intimacy between two people in love. Often people hear the word "sex" and automatically the taboo walls go up.

Real sex is about intimacy, love, respect, and devotion to one partner.

The marriage bed is needed as it draws couples to a deeper level of connection that they share with only one person - and it is to be cherished by the couple.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God places no limitations on what happens in the marriage bedroom.

"Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled" Hebrews 13:4

So, according to the Bible, anything goes!

Here we go... I was trying to get your attention over here cos I know u don't beat around the bush and get straight to the point... LoL

According to the RCC the seed must always be planted in the garden. Hand and oral sex are OK as long as the finish is in the garden.
Anal sex is sodomy plain and simple. There are trillions of bacteria in our bowels. It's health risks are well documented and not recommended by doctors.
Bringing an object into the relationship perverses sex. It's unnatural.

Personally but I believe object's do perverse sex and sodomy is... well... sodomy

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

>>According to the RCC the seed must always be planted in the garden. Hand and oral sex are OK as long as the finish is in the garden.

According to the RCC, any act that spills seed without intent to procreate is murder. That's a carry-over from the Roman Empire where maintaining the strength the Empire was dependant upon the number of Roman citizens. Any man who did not have children by the age of 26 was disinherited, and unable to receive any family assets upon the death of his parents.

>>Anal sex is sodomy plain and simple. There are trillions of bacteria in our bowels. It's health risks are well documented and not recommended by doctors.

Every bodily orifice is loaded with bacteria. I suppose my bowels have been loaded with bacteria for almost 8 decades, but I seem to have survived at the little fellows.

>>Bringing an object into the relationship perverses sex. It's unnatural.

Don't know of any Biblical law against that, unless perhaps it is an animal.

"If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death. And you are also to kill the animal. If a woman approaches any animal to mate with it, you must kill both the woman and the animal. They must surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:15

>>Personally but I believe object's do perverse sex and sodomy is... well... sodomy

The only Biblical rule forbids sodomy between two men, and not between a man and a woman, since everything that happens within the marriage bed is honourable, but:

"If a man lies with a man as with a woman, they have both committed an abomination. They must surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:13

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything goes, as long as
  1. it is within Edenic marriage [Genesis 2:24],
  2. both are into it, &
  3. neither are injured by it.
The Holy Spirit might do some tweaking about fetishes, but none of the above violates Edenic marriage.

Reproduction is only ONE of the purposes of married sex, but not the only one.

The better venue for this dialogue is TMB Q&A – A place for Christians to ask and answer questions about sex.

Reactions: Stan B

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
>>According to the RCC the seed must always be planted in the garden. Hand and oral sex are OK as long as the finish is in the garden.

According to the RCC, any act that spills seed without intent to procreate is murder. That's a carry-over from the Roman Empire where maintaining the strength the Empire was dependant upon the number of Roman citizens. Any man who did not have children by the age of 26 was disinherited, and unable to receive any family assets upon the death of his parents.

>>Anal sex is sodomy plain and simple. There are trillions of bacteria in our bowels. It's health risks are well documented and not recommended by doctors.

Every bodily orifice is loaded with bacteria. I suppose my bowels have been loaded with bacteria for almost 8 decades, but I seem to have survived at the little fellows.

>>Bringing an object into the relationship perverses sex. It's unnatural.

Don't know of any Biblical law against that, unless perhaps it is an animal.

"If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death. And you are also to kill the animal. If a woman approaches any animal to mate with it, you must kill both the woman and the animal. They must surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:15

>>Personally but I believe object's do perverse sex and sodomy is... well... sodomy

The only Biblical rule forbids sodomy between two men, and not between a man and a woman, since everything that happens within the marriage bed is honourable, but:

"If a man lies with a man as with a woman, they have both committed an abomination. They must surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Leviticus 20:13

Oh cmon Stan don't give me that look again... Lol.

Sodomy is sodomy weather it's a man or woman and no orifice comes close to reaching the bacterial levels of the bowels. Anal is well document to increase the chance of many things from blood septus to cancer. If anal was "cool" then we wouldn't see every doctor oppose it...

As for objects... well... Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.