Should Christians Always Be Healed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us remember also that our brains are made of flesh, but our minds are not!
As I see it, there remains in the flesh brain the "echoes" of the flesh mind, but in our spirit life, we have a mind that does not reside in our brains, but resides in the celestial realm, receiving life not from our bodies but from the Holy Spirit.

So we have to learn to differentiate between these old corrupt echoes, and what is our new mind, the real me. And for that we have the Bible, sharper than any sword.

Much love!

Reactions: post

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I know that.
I know also that some people are not healed right away.
Take it anyway you like.
Right away? Are you saying that every follower of Christ is healed "at some point" upon seeking healing? I do not want to put words in your mouth but that sounds like what you're saying.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One way I look at it. If all christians are healed. They would never die. And would never suffer

Even in scripture we do nt see this to be the case.

I do believe God heals. I have witnessed it. But it is not guaranteed.

I do not believe any of us are truly physically 'healed' at all until the resurrection. Dust still returns to dust; we are all appointed to die in the flesh. Even if you 'get better' from some illness, what is meant by 'better' on earth is only a slower rate of dying.

In that respect all whose trust is in Him will be healed, truly healed, when we are raised again on the last day.
But no one, unless they are bodily taken up to heaven, is 'healed' in the right sense of the word, and freedom from physical harm or decay is certainly not promised. In fact suffering is promised, and our physical death is promised.

Our faith is spiritual and our life is spiritual.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Submit you"? You mean, like this? Lol.
Yes, like that. That's God's promise to us. He will do it, and it will work. That's what I mean when I say, Trust God with your sin.

There are things I do that I don't want to do, but in the times I do them, how to describe what happens?

But nobody is stopping the Lord if He wants to completely take someone out, and that can be the case sometimes.

I think that's part of what Jesus was saying in John 15, the branch in Him that does not bear fruit, the Father carries away. Others that God may 'take out' for the sake of His people, I wouldn't argue with that!

You'll have to forgive me if I am losing you here, because I have been deeply involved in other discussions and don't fully remember what we were driving at. I'm simply responding to what I'm reading at surface value.

That God will use all the circumstances in our lives to make us more like Jesus, including illness and disability, and may not give us the healing we seek, knowing that by withholding the healing, He is giving us something we want even more, righteousness and holiness and Holy Spirit fruit.

That we can "push ourselves to greater faith", but that's not the issue. If we determine that we should always be healed, then we will push ourselves to somehow "make it happen" by "rooting out that sin", or "determining to have more faith". But we may find that we are pushing in the wrong direction.

In quietness and trust is our strength. I believe, therefore I speak.

When I asked God for health, I told Him, and You KNOW what I mean! I meant physical and emotional and mental health. But there was a real deconstruction first in each of those areas. Now He's rebuilding me but with a much different mind. The destruction of my health was crucial to restoring my health, as I see it.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's part of what Jesus was saying in John 15, the branch in Him that does not bear fruit, the Father carries away. Others that God may 'take out' for the sake of His people, I wouldn't argue with that!

But this is the context of 1 Corinthians 11. They were causing divisions in His body, and as he stated earlier in the letter, "Those who destroy His temple, God will destroy."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But this is the context of 1 Corinthians 11. They were causing divisions in His body, and as he stated earlier in the letter, "Those who destroy His temple, God will destroy."
I'm not disagreeing with this.

Much love!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right away? Are you saying that every follower of Christ is healed "at some point" upon seeking healing? I do not want to put words in your mouth but that sounds like what you're saying.

All throughout the Gospels, there are dozens of stories of Jesus healing the sick.
Yet not once did He ever refuse to heal someone who came to Him for healing.
He also never gave anyone a sickness.
Jesus was able and willing to heal the sick every single time (Matthew 8:2-3).

Why are some not healed?
I don't have the answer.
But I do know that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
He never changed.
So, please stop throwing doubt into people's mind about this issue.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All throughout the Gospels, there are dozens of stories of Jesus healing the sick. Yet not once did He ever refuse to heal someone who came to Him for healing.
This is absolutely true for Christ. Indeed He even healed those who DID NOT come to Him for healing. But that was unique to Christ. Later on the apostles did not continue with an uninterrupted healing ministry, since that was not the purpose of healing miracles. And alongside that we have the instructions of James for healing, which is purely in answer to the prayer of faith.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can you confirm this with scripture?
"I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things. “Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the LORD have created it. Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’ or ‘Your work has no handles’? (Isaiah 45"7-9).

"The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD" (Proverbs 16:33).

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things. “Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the LORD have created it. Woe to him who strives with him who formed him, a pot among earthen pots! Does the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’ or ‘Your work has no handles’? (Isaiah 45"7-9).

"The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD" (Proverbs 16:33).

We were talking about salvation....I fail to see what this has to do with the salvation of a person.

Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Repent and accept what He has done on the Cross.
That's for everyone who comes to Him.

Last edited:

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All throughout the Gospels, there are dozens of stories of Jesus healing the sick.
Yet not once did He ever refuse to heal someone who came to Him for healing.
He also never gave anyone a sickness.
Jesus was able and willing to heal the sick every single time (Matthew 8:2-3).

Why are some not healed?
I don't have the answer.
But I do know that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.
He never changed.
So, please stop throwing doubt into people's mind about this issue.
First off, I'm not throwing anything. We are seeking understanding and clarity in the scriptures. I'm not talking about when Jesus was on earth healing. I'm talking about after is accession into Heaven. Many times faithful followers of Christ have not been healed after seeking healing by prayer. To point out this obvious fact is not throwing doubt.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what some people think it is, but Faith teaching is simply believing the Word of God to matter what it looks like!

I don't know why Trophimus was not healed (at that time - the healing still could have come, but may have been delayed for some reason); does that change the scripture, does that bible say "by His stripes some are healed" or "by His striped you might be healed?" No! Jesus took all sickness, pain, weakness on the cross; and healed you by His striped, plus redeemed you from the curse of the law, that is ALL sickness!

To say that God will heal some, but might not heal all would be to call God a liar, when He said that He is no respecter of persons, what He has done for one, He WILL do for another!

There are things that block healing, not having faith for it, unforgiveness, to name a couple.

I know that God does not lie; I know His Word does not lie.... so if I am not healed, it is not God, nor his Word that is the issue. The issue lies in me, and it is up to me to find what the blockage might be. Sometimes there is no blockage, we are just to continue the stand on the Word of God until the healing comes.

Just because a person/persons are healed or a person/persons see many miraculous events that the True Go does, doesn't mean that person/persons had or have true faith.
Consider the Israelites Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. The Bible shows that they were eyewitnesses of the awe-inspiring miracles from God such as: the ten plagues upon Egypt, the escape of the nation of Israel through the Red Sea, and the annihilation of the Egyptian Pharaoh and his military. (Exodus 7:19–11:10; 12:29-32; Psalm 136:15) Korah, Dathan, and Abiram also heard Jehovah speak from heaven at Mount Sinai. (Deuteronomy 4:11, 12) Yet, not long after these miracles occurred, the three men instigated a rebellion against Jehovah and his appointed servants.—Numbers 16:1-35; Psalm 106:16-18.

there was a prophet named Balaam who witnessed a miracle, yet even angelic intervention did not deter him from siding with God’s enemies, the Moabites. That miracle notwithstanding, Balaam went ahead and took a stand against Jehovah God and His people. (Numbers 22:1-35; 2 Peter 2:15, 16) Balaam’s lack of faith, however, pales alongside that of Judas Iscariot. Despite having been a close companion of Jesus and an eyewitness to an extraordinary array of miracles, Judas betrayed Christ for thirty silver pieces. Matthew 26:14-16, 47-50; 27:3-5.

The Jewish religious leaders were also aware of Jesus’ many miracles. After he resurrected Lazarus, they even admitted: “This man performs many signs.” But did the sight of the now-living Lazarus soften their hearts and give them faith? No, indeed. Instead, they schemed to kill both Jesus and Lazarus! John 11:47-53; 12:10.

Even direct intervention by God failed to produce faith in those wicked men. While Jesus was in the temple precincts on one occasion, he prayed aloud: “Father, glorify your name.” Jehovah replied in a voice out of heaven: “I both glorified it and will glorify it again.” Yet, this miraculous event did not produce faith in the hearts of those present. Says the Bible: “Although he had performed so many signs before them, they were not putting faith in him.”—John 12:28-30, 37; compare Ephesians 3:17.

Rejection of Jesus by Jewish religious leaders seems especially puzzling when you consider that at the very time that Jesus began his ministry, the Jews as a whole were “in expectation” of “the Christ,” or the Messiah. (Luke 3:15) They all saw the miraculous things that Jesus did and still they didn't believe him to be The Messiah.The problem lay in what those expectations were. The jews especially the religious leaders, we're expecting a king who would destroy the Roman Empire and free the Nation of Israel and they would be independent of any and all gentle nations. They were not expecting the humble, nonpolitical Jesus of Nazareth, who appeared in their midst as the true Messiah in 29 C.E. The religious leaders also feared that Jesus’ teachings would upset the existing state of affairs and jeopardize their prominent positions. (John 11:48) ,

As we can see that true faith has to do with who you truly are. Ambition, pride, and greed are factors that have moved many to shut the doors of their hearts. This appears to have been the case with Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, mentioned earlier. Jealousy, fear, and a host of other hurtful attitudes have hindered others. We are reminded, too, of the disobedient angels, the demons, who once had the privilege of looking upon the very face of God. (Matthew 18:10) They do not doubt the existence of God. Indeed, “the demons believe and shudder.” (James 2:19) Yet, they have no faith in God.

Faith is more than mere belief. It is also more than a momentary emotional reaction to some miracle. Hebrews 11:1 says : “Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.” An individual having faith is convinced in his heart that everything Jehovah God promises is as good as fulfilled. Moreover, the undeniable proof of unseen realities is so powerful that faith itself is said to be equivalent to that evidence. Yes, faith is based on evidence. And in times past, miracles played a role in the development of faith or the building of it. The signs performed by Jesus served to convince others that he was the promised Messiah. (Matthew 8:16, 17; Hebrews 2:2-4) Similarly, such gifts of God’s holy spirit, or active force, as miraculous healing and speaking in tongues proved that the Jews no longer had Jehovah’s favor but that his approval now rested on the Christian congregation, established by his Son, Jesus Christ.—1 Corinthians 12:7-11.

Jehovah God did not intend that miracles be a permanent feature of Christian worship. Accordingly, the apostle Paul wrote: “Whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease.” (1 Corinthians 13:8) I believe these gifts ceased with the death of the apostles and those who had received such gifts by means of them.

True faith comes from studying the inspired word of God and living by it, putting it into practice. 2 Timothy 3:16,17; Romans 12:1,2 Those who truly have true faith know that miracles have nothing to do with having true faith in God. Many have seen miracles from the True God and his Christ and still they rejected God and his Only Begotten Son. Those with true faith know that God still gives a witness that he exists and that he is a merciful God. Acts 14:17 Romans 1:20

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hidden in him said:
God wants his people to prosper in all areas of life, including finances, health, marriage, and relationships. Word of Faith teaches that God's blessing empowers his people to achieve the Bible's promises. [/QUOTE\]

What is said here is true, however God doesn't promise all that in this wicked world we're living in, but those promises will be fulfilled to those who will be in the righteous world that God judges worthy of living in.