Should Christians celebrate Christmas, Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure those little kids knocking at my door for a candy are demon possessed, and are full of evil thoughts... lol.

They have opened the door to demons when they started celebrating darkness and evil.

You do know that most demons possessed people appear to be in their right minds... some of the so called brightest minds in the world today are people that are demon possessed as pawns of satan to lead the masses away from knowing Jesus Christ.

even though Santa and his reindeers on a sleigh sounds interesting and fun, Jesus and the truth is nice too.

Yeah, lying to children sounds really interesting...

Many children are taught about santa, the easter bunny and Jesus.... when they grow up they find out their parents lied to them about santa and the easter bunny... so they learn to assume Jesus is a lie as well.

It's a sin before the Lord to teach children lies as this causes them to stumble and is a road block satan uses to prevent them from coming to Jesus.

What's really sad is many who claim to be Christians abuse their children by teaching these lies to them

YES! She was informed fully by God's angel messenger before Jesus was begotten upon her.

I think the song is about whether Mary knew Jesus was born... to die.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,she knew this as well.

The lyrics refer to her baby boy as Heaven's perfect lamb.

Being a Jewess Mary knew the Old Testament Messiah prophesy. Their long awaited Savior.

And in those scriptures she was aware the Messiah,her son to be per Gabriel's message, would die. Isaiah 53.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know it is up to them, if they choose to celebrate or not. It does not offend me as a follower of Christ, that people celebrate Halloween or Christmas.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They have opened the door to demons when they started celebrating darkness and evil.

You do know that most demons possessed people appear to be in their right minds... some of the so called brightest minds in the world today are people that are demon possessed as pawns of satan to lead the masses away from knowing Jesus Christ.

Yeah, lying to children sounds really interesting...

Many children are taught about santa, the easter bunny and Jesus.... when they grow up they find out their parents lied to them about santa and the easter bunny... so they learn to assume Jesus is a lie as well.

It's a sin before the Lord to teach children lies as this causes them to stumble and is a road block satan uses to prevent them from coming to Jesus.

What's really sad is many who claim to be Christians abuse their children by teaching these lies to them

I agree, we shouldn't lie to the children.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yes, that four year old little girl at my door is a mass murderer in the making, No doubt.
A neighbor has a 4 month old little girl. She's dressing her up for her first Halloween. A baby shark. Chkl:

I found the costume on-line. I'd add oversized lashes to the sharks kids. They just ask for that,ya know?

infant-silly-shark-costume.jpg

Yep, that's got Satan written all over it. coffee:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meh, no need to speak up and tell folks they are being deceived by the devil... is there?
Not really. Cause I dont believe that the devil is around anymore. Darkness though can protrude the soul, that can change the (mind/will/emotions) of people. The light brings in the fruit of the spirit.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. Cause I dont believe that the devil is around anymore. Darkness though can protrude the soul, that can change the (mind/will/emotions) of people. The light brings in the fruit of the spirit.
Where does evil come from then? In this world where after Jesus, his Apostles said Satan roams.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does evil come from then? In this world where after Jesus, his Apostles said Satan roams.
With-in the narrative of the Gospel and the Letters, written you will see that the written good news was that Satan was to be done away with, even a promise by God. Where does evil come from? I suppose it comes from the darkness, which God had separated light from darkness in the beginning. Was Satan tempted by the darkness, and desire to put himself as higher than God?

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

I do not know the answer, can only speculate.

There is also, Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Those who desire to go against God, tend to go away from the light, and thus evil is created because there is no righteousness for a person who is not a believer.

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13 “Their throat is an open [a]tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Sorry, I still do not have a direct answer.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With-in the narrative of the Gospel and the Letters, written you will see that the written good news was that Satan was to be done away with, even a promise by God. Where does evil come from? I suppose it comes from the darkness, which God had separated light from darkness in the beginning. Was Satan tempted by the darkness, and desire to put himself as higher than God?

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

I do not know the answer, can only speculate.

There is also, Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Those who desire to go against God, tend to go away from the light, and thus evil is created because there is no righteousness for a person who is not a believer.

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13 “Their throat is an open [a]tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Sorry, I still do not have a direct answer.
What about Isaiah 45:7 ?
God said he is the darkness and the light,the evil and the good. God is all things.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to talk about the subject, a little more, about the Devil.

I do not believe anywhere in scripture that we are told why the Devil decided to go against God other than by his own choice. It seems that when Yahava created everything, including the angels, it seems that he gave the ability to them to choose and act for themselves, which allows them to either stay in their domain with Yahava, or go on to earth (it seems to that in Job - Satan went between heaven and earth.) Therefore, what could have made the once angel of light, now fallen from his once proper place, and when he fell was he given anything? In hindsight of the creation narrative, written by Moses about the start of the world it seems that there is an order to everything that also goes on within the account of Moses documenting down all the things that he did through out Genesis, there is so much to learn about, and to see.

Moses writes in the narrative a promise by Yahava, that because of what the devil had done, he was going to make sure that his head was crushed, and that he would only bruise the heel of the seed which would come way later on in the future, Adam and Eve would now have similiar punishments dealt with them though one dealing with labor (working on earth), and the other about labor (pains of childbirth.) Yahava promised to have the devils head crushed right in the very beginning, and that was a promise that came way later down the line. When it came also to this fallen state which this angel had put himself into now for a desire to tempt what God had created which was good, and now within sin of disobeying God of having not eaten the fruit, Adam and eve are lead out of the Garden.

There are some that speculate that the Devil owns the whole world, because that was his reward for choosing to desire darkness, and greed to bring forth destruction upon the whole world which was known by the Jewish people, in my opinion because it seems to that Satan is done away with in the book of Revelation. Therefore, a question comes to mind is this.

When Jesus was tempted by the devil, and was brought up to a mountaintop where the Devil showed Jesus all the nations of the world (Israel at the time), perhaps this was on a literal mountain, or perhaps this is all going down in a spiritual battle between Yeshua and Satan at this time, however was is curious to note is that the Devil, says to the Word of God made flesh, named Immanuel - "If you bow before me I will give you all of these things" - and Yeshua doesn't say anything about it not being true that he could give all those nations to Yeshua if he desired them, all he had to do is bow. However, Yeshua caught wind of this temptation immediately and declined the offer. Eventually the Devil left for a short while until the time drew nearer, as he waited to see what would happen to Yeshua, all while also blinding people, and his own angels causing trouble among them. It seems that after Yeshua died on the cross, is where the devil is stopped in his tracks until he is released a short while later, like the book of Revelation states, I do not know exactly.

There are some other verses in scripture that also refer to Satan owning the world.

• John 12:31: Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. (Jesus talking about casting out Satan.)
  • John 14:30: I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
  • 2 Corinthians 4:4: In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
  • Galatians 1:4: who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
  • 1 John 5:19: We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
Now while I believe today that the Devil is defeated, and has been done away with, however that doesn't mean that darkness doesn't still exist, and darkness can exist within any individual, that is why the light is needed, and Yahava who is a consuming fire to purge out the darkness, and transform peoples lives, into being children of his, and to walk as sons and daughters of God. There is no reason to fear the devil in my case, because Jesus Christ has had the victory.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG , About Satan and Job.
It is curious that after being cast out of heaven Satan would be allowed to journey back and forth from earth to heaven.

We are told often enough by God that he pre-planned all things.

Maybe Lucifer was allowed to continue to exist after leading and losing his war against God because he is part of what helps God's plan to come together.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG , About Satan and Job.
It is curious that after being cast out of heaven Satan would be allowed to journey back and forth from earth to heaven.

We are told often enough by God that he pre-planned all things.

Maybe Lucifer was allowed to continue to exist after leading and losing his war against God because he is part of what helps God's plan to come together.

All I know is Job is one of greatest poems written of all time, when it comes to a response to suffering. And that Revelation confirms that Satan was to be in the lake of fire forever more, along with the beast, and the false prophet, Hades, and death. BlessedPeace, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With God's permission.

The Lord has already told us to correct the works of darkness in His Word.
Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Some things don't need to be prayed about that the Lord has already proved instructions on in His Word.

Oh, yes, that four year old little girl at my door is a mass murderer in the making, No doubt.

... and some folks are ignorant of satan's devices whatever.gif

I dont believe that the devil is around anymore

Well, uh... you believe wrong.

If you knew your New Testament you'd know that's not true.

He was able to do that based on God giving Adam dominion over the earth in Genesis, and then Adam bowed his knew in submission to satan by being disobedient to the Lord.

He cannot go their now according to the Book of Hebrews that speaks of when Jesus was raised from the dead He took His Blood and cleansed Heaven.... so now the devil tries to hollar and God from afar and his is ignored.

God said he is the darkness and the light,the evil and the good. God is all things.

No... God created luicifer who was created perfect until iniquity was found in him.... and God took responsibility to put forth His plan of salvation to destroy the works of the devil.

There is no darkness in God (1 John 1:5), so He is not evil or the creator of evil. In Isiah, that would be permissive and not saying God created or caused evil. The calvinists claim he is evil because the god of calvinism is a monster!

Attachments

• whatever.gif
    whatever.gif
    1,016 bytes · Views: 1

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has already told us to correct the works of darkness in His Word.
Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Some things don't need to be prayed about that the Lord has already proved instructions on in His Word.

... and some folks are ignorant of satan's devices View attachment 37258

Well, uh... you believe wrong.

If you knew your New Testament you'd know that's not true.

He was able to do that based on God giving Adam dominion over the earth in Genesis, and then Adam bowed his knew in submission to satan by being disobedient to the Lord.

He cannot go their now according to the Book of Hebrews that speaks of when Jesus was raised from the dead He took His Blood and cleansed Heaven.... so now the devil tries to hollar and God from afar and his is ignored.

No... God created luicifer who was created perfect until iniquity was found in him.... and God took responsibility to put forth His plan of salvation to destroy the works of the devil.

There is no darkness in God (1 John 1:5), so He is not evil or the creator of evil. In Isiah, that would be permissive and not saying God created or caused evil. The calvinists claim he is evil because the god of calvinism is a monster!

That is all most can tell me is “ I believe wrong.” Its alright.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is Job is one of greatest poems written of all time, when it comes to a response to suffering. And that Revelation confirms that Satan was to be in the lake of fire forever more, along with the beast, and the false prophet, Hades, and death. BlessedPeace, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I always feel free to ask.You are quite open and cordial regarding that option. :)

God entered into a faith wager with Satan. Job was the object to be tested,by both God and Satan, as to the depth of his faith.

Satan was allowed by God to do anything in his tests save he could not kill Job.

Reactions: MatthewG

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all most can tell me is “ I believe wrong.” Its alright.

Why not make it a point to study all the things the Lord says in His Word about 'ol slewfoot still being around and active today?

Here's one to consider that shows the devil is still around today and is very much active:

2 Corinthians 4:3,4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Here's a few more...

1 Peter 5:8-9
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

1 Corinthians 7:5
Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.