Should Christians celebrate Christmas, Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not make it a point to study all the things the Lord says in His Word about 'ol slewfoot still being around and active today?

Here's one to consider that shows the devil is still around today and is very much active:

2 Corinthians 4:3,4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Here's a few more...

1 Peter 5:8-9
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Romans 16:20
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

1 Corinthians 7:5
Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

To do that is to consider living people that had a hold of these letters back then. A promise to those whom were called Saints at Rome, and also the Gentiles, where being wrote to in that day in age. Using the bible without accurately pointing out, for example, (1 Thessalonians, was written to believers in that congregation in that day.)

Though we could argue whether or not Satan is alive or active today, depends on what you believe anyway... which personal and I have no idea. Revelation from John the beloved stated that he was going to be finished off, and I believe personally today, he has been finished off.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Yeah, the devil lies to people and tells them it was not written to them personally so they can ignore it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its okay for us to have differences.

It’s not like I have mistreated you because I disagree with hundreds of thousands of people about the devil still being around, I rather just get looked at weirdly however still treated with dignity, thats what you would want isnt it?

I love the bible. Its great to read and study however to me, it (the bible), is not God. I do believe God inspired men to write what we have down today, but daily its a choice to live and seek God in faith, pray, search scripture. These things are wonderful, BBJ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always feel free to ask.You are quite open and cordial regarding that option. :)

God entered into a faith wager with Satan. Job was the object to be tested,by both God and Satan, as to the depth of his faith.

Satan was allowed by God to do anything in his tests save he could not kill Job.
Yes. Remeber the disputes with jobs friends?

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not likely...but you giving them treats.............. is Satanic approval.

You will have a chance to explain to Christ ...later.
Approving Satan with baggies of candy corn and mini Snickers.

Well, as long as those suffice in lieu of cats,dogs,and infants. hmmx1:

Hard to imagine Halloween would generate "Satanic Panic" the redux.

Is this Canada?:watching and waiting::rolleyes:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your disagreement is with the Lord... and what He has said about this.

That is just projection to say such a thing cause I do not, disagree with the Lord at all...

All the best to you, as people will always fight about certain things and to me fighting is futile if you believe that the Devil is still around by all means go ahead, and believe so, I choose to believe otherwise, and that the point of allowing people to have freedom, as God does allow people to freely choose to either look at him in faith or not, and to love God and to love others.

All the best to you, may not be much to say left really cause I hate to go over the same stuff presented already again.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just projection to say such a thing cause I do not, disagree with the Lord at all...

If that were actually true... you'd believe what He says in His Word about the devil.

But, you cherry pick on this subject so... Your disagreement is with the Lord... and what He has said about this.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were actually true... you'd believe what He says in His Word about the devil.

But, you cherry pick on this subject so... Your disagreement is with the Lord... and what He has said about this.

Most people desire to continue to hold on to what they have been traditionally taught. All the best, sir, and you have a good one, besides, the Gospel is just one part of the news, and the Revelation, and the other letters are the rest. There are people out there, who say there is no need for revelation, or certain letters in the bible. What you do about that is up to you as, well. Some people are quite offended believing that Jesus Christ has had victory over Satan today, and there will never be no changing of mind, if people do not believe in faith in the victory of the Lord, which people only half way believe in sometimes, and I am not saying that you do or do not. It's just a process of... can I get along with this other individual? Do I hate them? Do they need to be corrected? Do I need to correct them, or can I allow God to do it in due time?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said something about not following God's Word and instead following traditions

Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your traditions
Interesting. You know your bible, well. That is good, and it's good to see so many people know their bible.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil also knows the bible very well... but he twists it since his understanding has been darkened.

Only by accepting what God says as being true and actually living like what He says is true... will outr mind began to be illuminated by God's Word.

The devil of course can't do that... but he does know all scripture and he seeks to do what he did to Adam and Eve which is twist what God says and oppose what God says.

Reactions: gpresdo

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not celebrate Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Lent, Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, Mid-Autumn Festival, Chinese New Year, etc. I don't even celebrate my birthday. I didn't attend my Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD convocations. Basically, I do not celebrate much but I am happy that others do :)

Romans 14:

Colossians 3:

I think it is okay for Christians to celebrate Halloween, Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), and Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets). It is up to each one of us to decide guided by our conscience before God. I would not be a party pooper :)
In answer to your question to the thread the simple answer is "NO". I've read some responses the the question and many have said "if they want to". How about its not what we want, rather what HE wants meaning GOD. So many people approach this from what we want to do, what makes us feel good. This is of the carnal flesh. We are called to be a new man, the things of the world should be getting dimmer in our lives and the things of God should be getting brighter.

NKJ John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease. (meaning His word and His ways) The New Testament was not written or compiled yet when this was said. Food for thought.

Blessings and Shalom

Reactions: gpresdo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not celebrate Christmas,

Christians should celebrate Christmas.

They should put up a Christmas tree, and put lights on it.
Why?
Because Jesus died on "the tree", and He is the Light of the World.

Figure that one out, reader...

Also, what you should do... is, on Christmas day.....have a Birthday cake ready, and have all your friends and family sing "Happy Birthday" "to Jesus".

See, in this way, you are celebrating God's Son.

Then, eat the Birthday cake, and open your gifts and enjoy sweet fellowship with your family and friends.

= "Merry Christmas".

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let proposition P1 = God forbids us to celebrate Christmas.

True?

Since Christians is a m,an made thing and the Lord says in 2 Corinthians 6:17 to come out from among them (the world), and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you...

Yes, it is forbidden IF.... one wants to be accepted by the Lord.

Those that don't care what the Lord thinks... they are free to do whatever.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, it is forbidden IF.... one wants to be accepted by the Lord.
Let proposition P1 = God forbids Christians to celebrate Christmas.
P2 = God does not forbid Christians to celebrate Christmas.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let proposition P1 = God forbids Christians to celebrate Christmas.
P2 = God does not forbid Christians to celebrate Christmas.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.

There are no polls in God's Word... one either wants to be with the Lord and therefore chooses to believe His Word.

Or they can play silly carnal minded games with God and be rejected.