Should Christians celebrate Christmas, Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not celebrate Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Lent, Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, Mid-Autumn Festival, Chinese New Year, etc. I don't even celebrate my birthday. I didn't attend my Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD convocations. Basically, I do not celebrate much but I am happy that others do :)

Romans 14:

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.
Colossians 3:

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
I think it is okay for Christians to celebrate Halloween, Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), and Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets). It is up to each one of us to decide guided by our conscience before God. I would not be a party pooper :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not celebrate Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Lent, Passover, Feast of Tabernacles, Mid-Autumn Festival, Chinese New Year, etc. I don't even celebrate my birthday. I didn't attend my Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD convocations. Basically, I do not celebrate much but I am happy that others do :)

Romans 14:

Colossians 3:

I think it is okay for Christians to celebrate Halloween, Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), and Rosh Hashanah (Feast of Trumpets). It is up to each one of us to decide guided by our conscience before God. I would not be a party pooper :)
I've got a receipt from the supermarket.....I don't celebrate that. I suppose I'm a party pooper!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 14:

Colossians 3:

Should Christians celebrate Christmas, Halloween?​

So the answer to your topic question is, "Yes, if they want to"?
What prevented you from attending all the things you mentioned?
You didn't attend your degree convocations? I hope they gave you a diploma. - LOL

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
halloween is definitely satanic... celebrating darkness and demons is an open door to the devil to enter in to the lives of those celebrating evil on halloween!

They've added a bunch of stuff to christmas too that pleases the devil so it's not much better

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't celebrate Halloween but I can do a pretty good Charles Laughton-esque Quasimodo.

I can dislocate my shoulder blade, effect a British accent, twist my face up, and say:

"I'm deaf, you know."

Quasimodo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't celebrate Halloween but I can do a pretty good Charles Laughton-esque Quasimodo.

I can dislocate my shoulder blade, effect a British accent, twist my face up, and say:

"I'm deaf, you know."

Quasimodo.jpg

Everytime I see your name here after this, I'm going to see that face. Thanks for that. Really.hmmx1:

:waves:

• Haha
Reactions: BarneyFife

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it's great to celebrate Christmas! the most beautiful time of the year, why not enjoy it with a celebration? Christmas is about Christ so I don't go to the Santa parade. Also, for Christian children we should read Christian Christmas books to them and even though Santa and his reindeers on a sleigh sounds interesting and fun, Jesus and the truth is nice too.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love those guys. Their version of 'Mary did you know' is awesome!
It's a pretty harmony however, the lyrics are grating.

Mary did you know...?

YES! She was informed fully by God's angel messenger before Jesus was begotten upon her.

Yes, Mary knew!