Should Christians not participate in Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care when some pagans decided to celebrate a particular day sometime in those thousands of years before Christ. God created the day, and it should not be surrendered to Satan as if there is nothing we can do about it. That attitude pervades way too much of Christianity.... It is "Defeatism."
Are you saying that God created the day, as in October 31, or the holiday, Halloween?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, pumpkin carving has become popular at this time of the year:

Poor woman in the pumpkin-carving video you posted. What has she done to her skin?? I've often wondered how skin (which is the body's first line of defense against certain diseases) that has been injected with a foreign substance from tattoos can resist disease.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Poor woman in the pumpkin-carving video you posted. What has she done to her skin?? I've often wondered how skin (which is the body's first line of defense against certain diseases) that has been injected with a foreign substance from tattoos can resist disease.
I take your point to some extent as regards tattoo inks years ago; although actually the content of tattoo ink has changed enormously in recent years, and it can now be a much safer experience; I saw this expert video, FYI:

Re. the main subject of the thread, my wife really likes pumpkin flavor and this season of the year we tend to have a lot of pumpkin flavored muffins pumpkin pies, etc. So I guess the pumpkin carving is also a topical thing to do for some ppl at this season.

It makes me smile how pumpkin flavored foods are largely absent over much of the year and then suddenly at this time of the year the ingredient is added to various foods.

My wife is really keen on the flavor.

Up here in Canada the Tim Horton's chain of coffee shops is really into seasonal flavors for their muffins and the pumpkin flavored ones are very popular. (I have seen Tim Horton's in New York state also do promotions with July 4 muffins with red, white and blue icing.)

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 118:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

(I think that applies to any day of any year since Creation.)
Thanks for this civil answer. :)

It's not the "day," but the meaning of Halloween that I object to. It could occur any day of the year. It's the celebration of evil and death that object to. I think I've made this pretty clear in my comments.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: I guess the short response from her would likely be, Thank-you, but I wasn't looking for sympathy.
:)
Sorry, it just comes naturally when I see skin filled with pigment like that. I literally cringe just like I do when I see people smoking. I think I mentioned in your smoking thread that my lungs were accidentally damaged, and I can't understand why people damage their lungs on purpose.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry, it just comes naturally when I see skin filled with pigment like that. I literally cringe just like I do when I see people smoking. I think I mentioned in your smoking thread that my lungs were accidentally damaged, and I can't understand why people damage their lungs on purpose.
I do take your point about smoking! :)

I think if you do watch the video talk by the lady in post #64, above, some of your fears may be allayed, as regards the inks now widely used. These days a lot of Christian women seem to approach getting their huge range of faith based tattoo designs with confidence.

Back to the main theme; up here so many supermarkets seem to have rows of pumpkins on sale, and I guess it's inevitable that some ppl are going to think of carving them, and having carving competitions.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do take your point about smoking! :)

I think if you do watch the video talk by the lady in post #64, above, some of your fears may be allayed, as regards the inks now widely used. These days a lot of Christian women seem to approach getting their huge range of faith based tattoo designs with confidence.

Back to the main theme; up here so many supermarkets seem to have rows of pumpkins on sale, and I guess it's inevitable that some ppl are going to think of carving them, and having carving competitions.

Thanks for the info. Just so you know, I don't have anything against pumpkins, lol.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's not the "day," but the meaning of Halloween that I object to. It could occur any day of the year. It's the celebration of evil and death that object to. I think I've made this pretty clear in my comments.
Hebrews 2:14-15 KJV
[14] Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; [15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Lol, don’t be so scared
Tecarta Bible

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 2:14-15 KJV
[14] Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; [15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Lol, don’t be so scared
Tecarta Bible
Thanks so much for your concern, but I'm not scared.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Waiting on him

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How many children out Trick-or-Treating do you suppose are worshiping death? That is why we have made our church Fall-O-Ween carnival much more inviting than anything around.... they see Jesus at our campus. They will always associate that night and time spent there with how they heard about nothing but Him.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many children out Trick-or-Treating do you suppose are worshiping death? That is why we have made our church Fall-O-Ween carnival much more inviting than anything around.... they see Jesus at our campus. They will always associate that night and time spent there with how they heard about nothing but Him.

Are you trying to confuse me? :confused: You are refuting things I haven't said. Go back and read my comments, and you'll see.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you guys don’t dress as biblical characters.... you should