Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ha, and then you woke up lol

Ok "Roman" of course does not denote nationality or even the Roman Catholic Church, but a type noted in Scripture for their rows and columns and whatnot, the imposition of a perceived order maybe, like "Pax" basically translates to more or less the "peace" perceived in a house run by a tyrant wife-beater, which I stole from somewhere else.

Of course we just pity the wife (survivor of a Catholic orphanage, etc), at least until she starts sticking up for the tyrant anyway

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Search of BoL, "liar,"
https://www.christianityboard.com/threadloom/search?query=Liar user:"BreadOfLife"&tab=411

more or less all denying having called anyone a liar, lawyer style
hmm wonder why those two work and e first one doesn't, weird
Search Results | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
hmm. Anyway, 470 in there

so, basically 730 instances of BoL not ever calling anyone a liar
lol
surely not comprehensive either

So I am calling you a liar BoL, not sure what you wanna do with that though
welcome to the cheap seats bro!
:D

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Gee BoL, where you at now? That cart you got carrying your nuts break down or something?
lol
think we're all stupid too I guess

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Search of BoL, "liar,"
https://www.christianityboard.com/threadloom/search?query=Liar user:"BreadOfLife"&tab=411

more or less all denying having called anyone a liar, lawyer style
hmm wonder why those two work and e first one doesn't, weird
Search Results | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board
hmm. Anyway, 470 in there

so, basically 730 instances of BoL not ever calling anyone a liar
lol
surely not comprehensive either

So I am calling you a liar BoL, not sure what you wanna do with that though
welcome to the cheap seats bro!
I've been called a "Liar" by a LOT of you ignorant anti-Catholics.
I've never used that term against anyone here.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"I couldn't find any examples of you calling ANYBODY a liar."

That's what I thought . . .
Funny, you actually think that accusing many people of lying repeatedly is not the same as calling them liars?.....It just shows the level of self-delusion & dishonesty you are operating at.
"By their fruit...."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG

James shows clearly that Belief and Works are the 2 components that make up Faith.
You cannot have one without the other - and THAT'S why Luther rejected this Book.

And Luther IS your Protestant Father. You wouldn't have this and some of the other aberrant theological beliefs that you do without his inventing them.

I disagree with Luther on several things. Luther did not remove himself far enough away from the the Roman church. So, you can save your 'father' accusations for another. You need the term 'father' because you worship your so called 'catholic fathers'. You place them on equal level with the disciples, yet all the while twisting the truth about the disciples. As far as Luther rejecting James, that proves Luther had no influence as to determine any writing as Scripture. Because James was accepted as the Word of God.

There were many before Luther who were antagonistic to Romes beliefs. I say 'Rome' as to distinguish between 'Christian'. So, no, Luther was not the reason for the Reformation. He was just the trigger that set the hammer in motion. The Roman Church, in its refusal to reform, in its quest to dominate all of the Christian Churches, is the reason for the split between the Eastern Orthodox, and the Reformation.

My question to you, is, when are you Romanists going to learn? It aint going to happen. You are not going to rule the Christian Church. You are not going to enslave the believers in Jesus Christ. History has proved that you have been rejected. Yet, keep walking among your facade. Keep pretending you are God's only rightful rulers over His people. You may as well be walking in the ashes of the Notre Dame church that burned today in France.

I know, I know, you play stupid and decare you don't know what a Romanist is. But that is a lie. You know exactly what and who a Romanist is. It is you and those you serve.

Stranger

Reactions: tzcho2

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are ABSOLUTELY correct.

And neither will I.
I'm a Catholic . . .

Ah yes, isolate one sentence, separate it from the context of what was said, and then build an argument against it. What a peach you are.

You're Roman...to the core. You and those like you are the reason people detest the Roman church. You serve the Papacy. The Roman Pope. The Roman Pontiff. Whether you are a believer or not, I don't know. Thus I am not prepared to call you 'Catholic'. See? Catholic refers to all the believers in Jesus Christ. Catholic refers to all the believers that you and other want to rule over. But, you never will.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know--but not many Christians do. I think the term "Universal Church" has a better reception among non-RCs because the RCC has arrogated the title of "Catholic" to itself.

It is very easy to believe that the Vatican is specifically, the Whore of Babylon. First there is the Daniel 9:27 warning about the "people of the prince who shall come". The reference to the "prince" was, on the surface, the Roman General Titus (son of the Emperor Vespasian). Titus was the first Roman Emperor to succeed an Emperor father--and thus a prince. But, as is so often the case with the Bible, there appears to be a double reference there. Daniel links the same people (the Romans) to the Antichrist and the "End" (see Daniel 8:23-26 for a further description of the Antichrist and the timing of "a long time from now".) It is clear that the Roman Empire is the last of the four "world" empires highlighted in Daniel chapter 2. It is part iron and part clay. The "iron" part is exceedingly strong, smashing all who resist its rule. The Roman Empire was notoriously brutal toward any of those who rebelled from its rule but was relatively benign (as empires go) toward conquered people groups. The Assyrian Empire was MUCH more brutal toward conquered people. However, the Jews simply did not accept being under the heel of Rome. They plotted and rebelled constantly against Roman rule--leading to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple. Interestingly, Titus had the Temple looted of its treasures but did not want the Temple destroyed. However, his troops burned the Temple down anyway, in order to get at the gold lining its walls. They thus inadvertently fulfilled Jesus' prophecy that "there will be not one stone left upon another". The gold was melted by the intense heat from the burning cedar of the Temple structure and flowed down into the cracks between the foundation stones of the Temple. The solders pried the stones apart to get at the gold. The Roman-Jewish historian, Josephus, estimated that 1 million were killed during the attack by the 60,000 seasoned Roman soldiers.

The "new" Rome, represented by the clay toes on Daniel's vision likely represent a very much weakened version of the original Roman Empire--the European Union. Over this "beast" sits the Whore of Babylon--the Vatican with all of its political machinery. If one checks into the history of the Vatican, one quickly sees that it is anything but a "Holy City". The obelisk which decorates St. Peter's Square (taken from the Egyptians by the completely decadent Roman Emperor, Caligula) was set up in the center of what was the site where many, many Christian martyrs met their deaths, under their persecution by Rome. For many of them, it was the last thing that they saw when gazing up into the heavens. And that is just the beginning of abominations contained within the city-state of the Vatican. It is a death-loving cult that thoroughly dominates the RCC.

The Calvinists and Lutherans (who are much more like the RCs than they care to admit, because of Calvin's dependence on Augustine and Luther's training as a Roman Catholic theologian) and all other amillennialists believe that Daniel's prophecy was over in 70 A.D. when General Titus did what Daniel had prophesied. However, the second reference is to the time of the "End" (Daniel 9:26-27). We know that General Titus cannot be the one being referenced because he did neither of those two things that are mentioned. He did not stop the sacrifices, and he did not "set up a sacrilegious object" in the Temple. Amillennialism plays right into the hands of Antichrist who will rise to power through great deception. Only pre-millennialism gives a warning to the modern people of God.

The "Ten Kings" and the Antichrist (he will most likely be a European) will use the Whore to put his system in place. But, Scripture tells us that the Ten Kings and the Antichrist hate her, will turn on "her" and, among other things, will burn "her" with fire. (Revelation 17:16)

Yes, the Roman Church has equated the term 'Catholic' to refer to themselves. So much so that it is inconceivable for any to see 'Catholic' meaning anything else. But they created an oxymoron with the 'Roman Catholic' designation so they now try and avoid the use of the word 'Roman'. Like the old adage, once you lie, you have to create another lie to cover for it.

I agree, Luther and Calvin did not move far enough away from the Roman Church. But, at least they protested, as did others. They didn't know all the truth in the Bible, but they did move on the truth they knew.

Stranger

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well at least you admit your full of hate and just pretend to be full of light.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well at least you admit our full of hate and just pretend to be full of light.

I didn't admit anything to anything you said. I admit you are trying to label me as such. As you just did again. You are not fooling anyone. Attach the word 'hate' to the person and oh how we must all cringe and weep over their evil ways. It is bs. And you're the manure spreader.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In this quote you have admitted being full of hate, not full of the love of God. You sir are a pretender here to spread malcontent and vitriol from the enemy

Aw, cry me a river. Got some wine with that cracker? Oh wait, you probably don't get the wine.

Stranger