Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The rcc & its allies fight the Christians that confront the false teachings and try to silence them, because they share the same beliefs as rcc. Simply shows where the heart is & his true alliance. I went through the same kind of false accusation from him in another thread, for what I said about the rcc.

Yes--I looked up the "Charismatic Episcopal Church" and they are quite similar to RCs except that they are not under the Vatican. They believe in the hierarchy and the liturgy, the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, etc.

Reactions: tzcho2

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your false accusations against me doesn't bother me in the least. :D
The fact that you lie about calling others liars in multiple posts making the habit of dishonesty is disturbing, no matter how many times you do it.
Once again, my dishonest friend - show me the post where I called ANYBODY a "Liar".

Can't
fine one??
That's what I thought . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
On the other hand, Hebrews 11:5 tells us that Enoch was taken up to heaven by God. 2 Kings 2:11 tells us that Elijah was also taken into heaven without dying.
Well, so you say, but you have to add "heaven" in there all by yourself, see. I understand you need to do that to keep your model intact, but it is Mithraism, and they are with Samuel I am sure. "Translated" is used for a specific reason imo, but it is not to forward Death More Abundantly.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, so you say, but you have to add "heaven" in there all by yourself, see. I understand you need to do that to keep your model intact, but it is Mithraism, and they are with Samuel I am sure. "Translated" is used for a specific reason imo, but it is not to forward Death More Abundantly.

Read both passages. I'm not interested in defending the orthodox faith from your ridiculous (and atheistic) attacks, bbyrd. There are only a few superficial similarities between orthodox Christian items of faith and those of Mithraism (and those only because it was influenced by gnostic heretics who deserted the true faith). Going around accusing orthodox Christian believers of being "Mithraists" is stupid, frankly. I will not discuss anything further with you if you are going to keep beating that drum.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
contend [which means fight]
The fight is over, God does not fight Satan, and resisting Satan is not fighting either imo, these are again ambiguous terms that you may translate that way if you are a determinist; you will want to be a Spiritual Warrior
To call someone a "son of Satan" just because one dislikes his way of truth-telling, that seems the greater sin and speaks of being "puffed-up."
yet my witness is what I said, although I do not claim to be a righteous man. I'm sure stranger is very kind to white people and those who agree with him, ok. About truth I am not qualified to say wadr, I leave those statements to you guys. And agin, I wish you guys all the best of luck in your quest to go up to heaven after you have died, it would tickle me pink!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, my dishonest friend - show me the post where I called ANYBODY a "Liar".Can't fine one??
That's what I thought . . .
We are not friends. You are a neighbor & the rcc is missionary ground. Sorry but you are just a deceived defender of the Rcc.
Dishonesty is your mo, BOL, frequently calling us liars who speak out against the Rcc's false teachings & constantly you are denying it.
Guess what? we don't care, your bad fruit is all over the ground.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--I looked up the "Charismatic Episcopal Church" and they are quite similar to RCs except that they are not under the Vatican. They believe in the hierarchy and the liturgy, the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist, etc.
Yes, the anglican/episcopal church has been moving away from the reformation & edging back to the ways of the rcc for years now.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, isolate one sentence, separate it from the context of what was said, and then build an argument against it. What a peach you are.

You're Roman...to the core. You and those like you are the reason people detest the Roman church. You serve the Papacy. The Roman Pope. The Roman Pontiff. Whether you are a believer or not, I don't know. Thus I am not prepared to call you 'Catholic'. See? Catholic refers to all the believers in Jesus Christ. Catholic refers to all the believers that you and other want to rule over. But, you never will.

Stranger
There's only ONE Catholic in this discussion - and you're writing to him.

THIS is the Catholic Church.
If this doesn't sound like YOUR church - then you're NOT a Catholic . . . . . .

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

You [the See of Rome] have envied no one, but others have you taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force (Epistle to the Romans 3:1 [A.D. 110]).

Irenaeus
“. . . here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at ROME by the two most glorious apostles. PETER AND PAUL, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. WITH THAT CHURCH, BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR ORIGIN, ALL THE CHURCHES MUST AGREE, THAT IS, ALL THE FAITHFUL IN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND IT IS IN HER THAT THE FAITHFUL EVERYWHERE HAVE MAINTAINED THE APOSTOLIC TRADITION (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inter A.D. 180-190]).
The Catholic Church possesses one and the same faith throughout the whole world, as we have already said (Against Heresies 1:10 [A.D. 189]).

For she is the entrance to life; all others are thieves and robbers.
? (ibid. 3:4).

Tertullian
Where was Marcion then, that shipmaster of Pontus, the zealous student of Stoicism? Where was Valentinus then, the disciple of Platonism? For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago – in the reign of Antoninus for the most part – and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the Catholic Church, IN THE CHURCH OF ROME UNDER THE EPISCOPATE OF THE BLESSED ELEUTHERUS, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled (On the Prescription Against Heretics 22,30 [A.D.200])

Clement of Alexandria
Even here in the Church the gradations of bishops, presbyters, and deacons happen to be imitations, of the angelic glory and of that arrangement which, the Scriptures say, awaits those who have followed in the footsteps of the apostles and who have lived in complete righteousness according to the gospel (Stromateis 6:13:107:2 [post-A.D. 202]).

Cyprian
With a false bishop appointed for themselves by heretics, they dare even to set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blasphemers to THE CHAIR OF PETER AND TO THE PRINCIPAL CHURCH AT ROME, in which sacerdotal unity has its source" (Epistle to Cornelius [Bishop of Rome] 59:14 [A.D. 252]).
If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he [should] desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church? (The Unity of the Catholic Church 4 [A.D. 251]).

Optatus
In the city of Rome the Episcopal chair was given first to Peter, the chair in which Peter sat, the same who was head — that is why he is also called Cephas — of all the apostles, THE ONE CHAIR IN WHICH UNITY IS MAINTAINED BY ALL. Neither do the apostles proceed individually on their own, and anyone who would [presume to] set up another chair in opposition to that single chair would, by that very fact, be a schismatic and a sinner. . . . RECALL, THEN, THE ORIGINS OF YOUR CHAIR, THOSE OF YOU WHO WISH TO CLAIM FOR YOURSELVES THE TITLE OF HOLY CHURCH" (The Schism of the Donatists 2:2 [circa A.D. 367]).

Augustine
Among these [apostles] Peter alone almost everywhere deserved to represent the whole Church. Because of that representation of the Church, which only he bore, he deserved to hear "I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven" (Sermons 295:2 [A.D. 411]).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Read both passages. I'm not interested in defending the orthodox faith from your ridiculous (and atheistic) attacks, bbyrd. There are only a few superficial similarities between orthodox Christian items of faith and those of Mithraism (and those only because it was influenced by gnostic heretics who deserted the true faith). Going around accusing orthodox Christian believers of being "Mithraists" is stupid, frankly. I will not discuss anything further with you if you are going to keep beating that drum.
I'm afraid you are hearing that diff than I mean it, doesn't mean condemned at all, and after all I hardly made that up, Mithraism - Wikiwand.
(skip to "Mithraism and Christianity")

I say that based upon your own testimony, and the denial of
No one has ever gone up to heaven,
There is only One Immortal,

etc.

You and your sons will be here with me apparently, regardless of either of our opinions, right? No one has ever gone up to heaven regardless of them, and there is only One Immortal regardless of them too.

Now you might deny these and hold different beliefs, and I tell you plainly that I have no objections whatsoever to whatever it is you believe. Beliefs will not save you anyway I guess. If you actually have any, which I am currently unaware of?
Aren't all of your beliefs actually Absolute Truths at the moment?

Or, what would it take to convince you that what the Scriptures say there in those places is true? Not that I am able to provide whatever it is, that is not the point, bc I do not know.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not friends. You are a neighbor & the rcc is missionary ground. Sorry but you are just a deceived defender of the Rcc.
Dishonesty is your mo, BOL, frequently calling us liars who speak out against the Rcc's false teachings & constantly you are denying it.
Guess what? we don't care, your bad fruit is all over the ground.
Yes, you certainly DO speak out against the "false teachings" of the Church - but in ALL of your rants - you've never been able to point to even ONE.

WHY
is that??

Reactions: historyb

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fight is over, God does not fight Satan, and resisting Satan is not fighting either imo, these are again ambiguous terms that you may translate that way if you are a determinist; you will want to be a Spiritual Warrior
yet my witness is what I said, although I do not claim to be a righteous man. I'm sure stranger is very kind to white people and those who agree with him, ok. About truth I am not qualified to say wadr, I leave those statements to you guys. And agin, I wish you guys all the best of luck in your quest to go up to heaven after you have died, it would tickle me pink!

You do not know the man, yet you accuse him of racism? The fight is never over as long as we live, bbyrd. Why do you think Paul likened the Christian as putting on the "full armor of God" in Ephesians 6? You are quite ignorant of the Scriptures if you believe that God does not fight against Satan in this world. The whole point of Christ's advent was to make it so that sinners like me and you could go to heaven when we die.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, the anglican/episcopal church has been moving away from the reformation & edging back to the ways of the rcc for years now.

This particular denomination claims to be independent of any other group but they have some former Anglicans and RCs and Episcopalians among their "founders".

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Like I've told you about a hundred times - I'm not here to make friends or to win arguments.

I'm only here to expose people who LIE about the Catholic Church so that others who visit here aren't seduced by those lies like YOU'VE been . . .
Go with that then, but I have been to the Vatican and seen the trinity flag that they proudly wave, you can't fool me ok. Your telling amounts most often to an assurance that the exact opposite is true, at least for me, no offense. Doesn't mean that many, many Catholics do not seek to serve, of course they do

And I guess the record on lying is plain enough? Which btw I wouldn't go pushing too hard there ok, we haven't even looked for liars, lied, or lies yet in your feed ok.
Have a good one

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm afraid you are hearing that diff than I mean it, doesn't mean condemned at all, and after all I hardly made that up, Mithraism - Wikiwand.
(skip to "Mithraism and Christianity")

I say that based upon your own testimony, and the denial of
No one has ever gone up to heaven,
There is only One Immortal,

etc.

You and your sons will be here with me apparently, regardless of either of our opinions, right? No one has ever gone up to heaven regardless of them, and there is only One Immortal regardless of them too.

Now you might deny these and hold different beliefs, and I tell you plainly that I have no objections whatsoever to whatever it is you believe. Beliefs will not save you anyway I guess. If you actually have any, which I am currently unaware of?
Aren't all of your beliefs actually Absolute Truths at the moment?

Or, what would it take to convince you that what the Scriptures say there in those places is true? Not that I am able to provide whatever it is, that is not the point, bc I do not know.

Scripture is ALWAYS true, bbyrd. It is just that it doesn't always mean what you or I think it means.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go with that then, but I have been to the Vatican and seen the trinity flag that they proudly wave, you can't fool me ok. Your telling amounts most often to an assurance that the exact opposite is true, at least for me, no offense. Doesn't mean that many, many Catholics do not seek to serve, of course they do

And I guess the record on lying is plain enough? Which btw I wouldn't go pushing too hard there ok, we haven't even looked for liars, lied, or lies yet in your feed ok.
Have a good one
Once again - your nonsensical rant makes zero sense . . .

Reactions: historyb

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You do not know the man, yet you accuse him of racism? The fight is never over as long as we live, bbyrd. Why do you think Paul likened the Christian as putting on the "full armor of God" in Ephesians 6? You are quite ignorant of the Scriptures if you believe that God does not fight against Satan in this world. The whole point of Christ's advent was to make it so that sinners like me and you could go to heaven when we die.
I do not know stranger, but I know if you confess a sin to him he will abuse you, and I know he cannot confess, and I know he is a proud bigot and islamophobic. Pretty sure he would not even deny most of these, and if he does I have the links saved anyway.

Now fwiw I would never do this irl--except the witness part, if I had to, and I would even do that diff irl--but this is a forum, and since I won't be commenting on the rest of your determination up there, this is maybe a good spot to say but this is a forum, and I know who my enemies are, so to speak.
I wish you the best in your fight with Satan ok, or for that matter with anyone not of your own household. Gotta run til this aft, good jawing with ya tho

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not know stranger, but I know if you confess a sin to him he will abuse you, and I know he cannot confess, and I know he is a proud bigot and islamophobic. Pretty sure he would not even deny most of these, and if he does I have the links saved anyway.
Being wary of Islam's influence in the west does not make one a racist. The last time I checked, Arabs and most other Muslims are of the Caucasian race.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Being wary of Islam's influence in the west does not make one a racist. The last time I checked, Arabs and most other Muslims are of the Caucasian race.
Ok well fwiw imo it is insane to be moving border stones and or allowing Muslims into a supposedly Christian "nation" anyway, but then even "nation" is a...well, not even a prevarication I guess, but as big a lie as "federal reserve" imo

also, my answers are not so good as a rule, I am a good question guy, not so good an answer guy I guess. What you fear most is what will happen, near as I can tell. If I were a determinist I would certainly be very, very afraid of Muslims, bc they are going to own your country soon I guess. At least prolly the parts that the Chinese don't already own, or whoever it is holding all of the debt now, I don't know.

If you have cause to be wary, then bam testify of any sins committed upon you by Muslims, ok, that we might all be warned, same as for stranger or you or me for that matter imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Scripture is ALWAYS true, bbyrd. It is just that it doesn't always mean what you or I think it means.
So, that either means it's ok to deny the truth of many direct Scriptural statements--or just ignore them, like most do--and add "heaven" in after you have died to keep the theology correct, or it means that Paul is being read to the destruction of many like Peter makes plain imo. So bam if you want to sing When we all get to heaven then go do that, and I wish you all the best of luck ok.

The frequent and gratuitous interpretation of "it is finished" will also be a clue imo, as you are now necessarily waiting for Christ to do something else in order for your eternal life to begin, right?