Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6702_e0f9cdaa1c61deb25ac216041774905d.png
Hi Pearl -
I was asking sincerely. Can you answer my question from post #913?

I asked:
Quick question - and please don't take this the wrong way because I certainly don't mean any insult by it, but - where do you suppose the method of leaning the person backward in the water came from?

I only ask because it appears as though this is the method that was used at YOUR Baptism.
Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Since it appears that @Pearl has me on “ignore” – can ANY of you out there tell me where the tradition of dunking a person backwards in the water came from during Baptism?

Just curious . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - YOU showed med nothing.
I am the one who has been arguing the necessity of Baptism all along - NOT you. I'm also the one who pointed to the prophecy in Ezekiel 36:25-27 - NOT you.

Secondly - you LIE when you claim that I say it is the WATER that saves us. I never said this - and. in fact I said that it was just water - just the MEANS. I repeatedly stated this in post #917, comparing it to the anointing with oil from James 5:14 and laying on of hands.

As to your last statement in RED - there are MANY who have been born again in the Spirit and no longer believer and have LOST their way. The Bible is CLEAR about that (Matt. 5:13, Matt. 7:21, Rom. 11:22, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Peter 2:20-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

I showed you that you confuse three different baptism's. It does no good because you don't believe it, but I showed you.

You have been arguing for the necessity of 'water baptism' all along for salvation. And it is not. It contributes to our salvation, but it does not enact our salvation. Water baptism is not that which when God sees he declares one righteous. It is only when He sees faith in Christ that He declares one righteous before Him. Which means of course, that infant baptism is empty and void. It serves no purpose in the salvation of the infant.

In other words, water doesn't save us. And water is not the means to save us. Faith in Christ is. So, since you were only 'infant baptized', then all you got was wet. Perhaps you are a believer. Perhaps not. But I do know you have never been baptized in the faith of Christ.

No, you lie now about what I said. I didn't say 'many who have been born again in the Spirit'. I said 'many who are water baptized'. Why do you feel the necessity to lie? Why are you ashamed of being 'infant baptized'?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it appears that @Pearl has me on “ignore” – can ANY of you out there tell me where the tradition of dunking a person backwards in the water came from during Baptism?

Just curious . . .

What does it matter oh 'holy one'? Is her baptism not good enough for you?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mary, you may already have said yes and like Deborah said just be using different words. But this is a simple explanation.
Has anybody actually watched this video?
I normally don't watch posted videos - but had a few extra minutes.

This video claims that to be a Christian:
- ALL
you have to do is "believe".
- There is nothing else you need to DO.

The BIBLE, however, states that even the DEMONS believe and tremble - so if all you do is "believe" - you're no better off than they are (James 2:19).

The Bible also says that NOT everybody who calls upon Christ will be saved - but ONLY the one who DOES the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21).

Can somebody explain this to me?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anybody actually watched this video?
I normally don't watch posted videos - but had a few extra minutes.

This video claims that to be a Christian:
- ALL
you have to do is "believe".
- There is nothing else you need to DO.

The BIBLE, however, states that even the DEMONS believe and tremble - so if all you do is "believe" - you're no better off than they are (James 2:19).

The Bible also says that NOT everybody who calls upon Christ will be saved - but ONLY the one who DOES the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21).

Can somebody explain this to me?

No, you're just trying to change the subject. And you're not interested in anyone's explanation other then it can get away from the subject at hand.
Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I showed you that you confuse three different baptism's. It does no good because you don't believe it, but I showed you.

You have been arguing for the necessity of 'water baptism' all along for salvation. And it is not. It contributes to our salvation, but it does not enact our salvation. Water baptism is not that which when God sees he declares one righteous. It is only when He sees faith in Christ that He declares one righteous before Him. Which means of course, that infant baptism is empty and void. It serves no purpose in the salvation of the infant.

In other words, water doesn't save us. And water is not the means to save us. Faith in Christ is. So, since you were only 'infant baptized', then all you got was wet. Perhaps you are a believer. Perhaps not. But I do know you have never been baptized in the faith of Christ.

No, you lie now about what I said. I didn't say 'many who have been born again in the Spirit'. I said 'many who are water baptized'. Why do you feel the necessity to lie? Why are you ashamed of being 'infant baptized'?

Stranger
That's NOT what the Bible says . . .

1 Pet. 3:19-22
In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient while God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water. This prefigured BAPTISM, WHICH SAVES YOU NOW. It is not a removal of dirt from the body but an appeal to God* for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him.

Anyway - you keep lying about what I said regarding the water. I said exactly what Peter said - that there is nothing special about the water itself - but it is the MEANS of our Baptism in the Spirit.

If you can't have an honest conversation - why bother having one at all?

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you're just trying to change the subject. And you're not interested in anyone's explanation other then it can get away from the subject at hand.
Stranger
Not trying to "change" anything.
I was going to include the fact that you CANNOT be a Christian without being Baptized - which the video leaves out . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's NOT what the Bible says . . .

1 Pet. 3:19-22
In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient while God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water. This prefigured BAPTISM, WHICH SAVES YOU NOW. It is not a removal of dirt from the body but an appeal to God* for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him.

Anyway - you keep lying about what I said regarding the water. I said exactly what Peter said - that there is nothing special about the water itself - but it is the MEANS of our Baptism in the Spirit.

If you can't have an honest conversation - why bother having one at all?

I have explained (1 Peter 3:19-22) already. It is about water baptism. It is not about ones initial salvation. It gives the believer a clean conscience. It is not the point in time that God uses to declare one righteous before Him. That is through 'faith' and only 'faith'. It has always been that way. (Gen. 15:6)

No, I caught you lying in your quote of me. Water is not the means of our being born again. You are mistaken at least. Lying maybe.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I hit a nerve . . .

No, it just means you refuse to answer my question. Is it not good enough for you? You want others to answer you yet you refuse to answer my question as to whether or not you were infant baptized. Which begs the question, why would you not answer if you really thought it was legit. My take is that you yourself really don't believe it.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have explained (1 Peter 3:19-22) already. It is about water baptism. It is not about ones initial salvation. It gives the believer a clean conscience. It is not the point in time that God uses to declare one righteous before Him. That is through 'faith' and only 'faith'. It has always been that way. (Gen. 15:6)

No, I caught you lying in your quote of me. Water is not the means of our being born again. You are mistaken at least. Lying maybe.

Stranger
Water is the means by which we receive the Holy Spirit at Baptism.

Tell me - why is a person anointed when they are sick as per James 2:14??
Don't they just get greasy??
How about the laying on of hands to be healed (Acts 28:8) or to confer the Holy Spirit as per (Acts 8:17).
Isn't that just guys touching you?

YOUR problem is that in your disobedience - you reject what God has prescribed.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it just means you refuse to answer my question. Is it not good enough for you? You want others to answer you yet you refuse to answer my question as to whether or not you were infant baptized. Which begs the question, why would you not answer if you really thought it was legit. My take is that you yourself really don't believe it.

Stranger
Since I am the one who asked the question in the first place - repeatedly, I might add - it would only be fair that MY question be answered first.
After that I would be MORE than happy to answer your question.

Now - Where does the tradition of banding people over backwards and dunking them in water come from?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water is the means by which we receive the Holy Spirit at Baptism.

Tell me - why is a person anointed when they are sick as per James 2:14??
Don't they just get greasy??
How about the laying on of hands to be healed (Acts 28:8) or to confer the Holy Spirit as per (Acts 8:17).
Isn't that just guys touching you?

YOUR problem is that in your disobedience - you reject what God has prescribed.

I have no problem with anointing oil to heal per (James 2:14). The faith and the oil can produce the healing.

I have no problem with lying on of hands to be healed. The faith and the laying on of hands can produce the healing.

I have no problem with water baptism saving (as in sanctification, not justification) us. The faith of the believer and the water produce a good conscience toward God. (1 Peter 3:20-21)

I have a problem with you identifying water baptism with spirit baptism and ones initial salvation. Water is not the means by which we receive the Holy Spirit. It is the individuals faith.

Because there is nothing in the water, then an infant is not saved by infant baptism because his faith was not present.

I have been baptized. How am I disobedient?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I am the one who asked the question in the first place - repeatedly, I might add - it would only be fair that MY question be answered first.
After that I would be MORE than happy to answer your question.

Now - Where does the tradition of banding people over backwards and dunking them in water come from?

I've been asking you many times if you were infant baptized. You have danced around the question but refuse to answer. If you have only been infant baptized, then you have not yet been obedient in being baptized into the Christian faith.

Stranger

Reactions: Pearl

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently I DID hit a nerve since neither YOU nor @Pearl have been willing to tell me.
What's the big secret?

What is your big secret? Were you infant baptized or not?

Is the baptism pictured by immersion not good enough for you?

Stranger