Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me get this straight so I understand you. The only recorded dispute regarding infant baptism in the late 3rd century was whether or not it should occur exactly 8 days after birth, keeping the scriptural Jewish tradition of circumcision. Luther and Calvin baptised infants. So if infant baptism "doesn't count", then a majority of Christians had invalid baptisms until God told a minority of pastors long after the reformation to stop baptising infants. So Protestants, Orthodox and Catholics were all wrong and no one noticed for nearly 1800 years. Do I understand you correctly?

Do we acquire Original Sin by a conscious choice? No. Therefore it can be removed without a conscious choice. Demanding to be old enough to repent is a man made Protestant tradition, an age requirement is nowhere to be found in the Bible. It's not the same if one is an adult and in need of baptism, they have to repent.
All I know is that even though I had been through a form of 'baptism' as an infant After I became a Christian God told me to be baptised, so I did it. That is my experience. It is not based on the teachings of the early church or anything else but on my obedience to God. And nobody can take that away from me. It is my testimony. To do so is to call me a liar, so don't go there.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you answer to the Roman Pontiff or not? If you tell me no that you answer to your bishop, then does your bishop answer to the Roman Pontiff? If you tell me your bishop does not answer to the Roman Pontiff, then what does the statement mean in Vatican II that I showed you in post #(1083)?

Stranger
I answer to Christ.
Does that make me a "Nazarene", Einstein??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? You don't consider me part of the Church of Jesus Christ? Is that because I was not baptized as an infant? Do I reject Jesus Christ? Why am I not part of the holy catholic church?

Stranger
As a baptized Protestant Christian - you are RELATED to the Body of Christ, His Church.
However, you are self-separated from the Body.

YOU keep yourself divorced from the Church. Nobody is keeping you from coming home but YOU . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I was in a psychiatric facility. I have bipolar disorder.

Oh no, I didn't ever know that.
My best friend has too. She has been 'in' twice.
She does fine unless she comes off her meds.

Bless you my friend.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong. BofL doesn't like your single derogatory use of the prefix "Roman", and neither do I. Stop being such a bigot. The question is just as stupid as me demanding 'do you answer to your pastor or not' (who ever he may be that day).. Again, referring to the 23 rites of the Universal Church as all "Roman" is sheer bigotry. To call a Melkite or Syrian Catholic a "Roman" Catholic would be an insult; but bigots don't care who they insult.

The Catholic Church did not separate from anyone. You haven't a shred of authentic historical evidence to prove otherwise, just the same boring false histories that have been refuted by Protestants themselves.

The Eastern churches were excommunicated 5 times by the authoritive historical CHURCH, for that to happen the other way around is IMPOSSIBLE.

You have no scholarly, historical evidence to support your claim that the Catholic Church separated from a so called "true church", so you have to invent it.

Do you answer to the Roman Pontiff or not?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answer to Christ.
Does that make me a "Nazarene", Einstein??

Do you answer to the Roman Pontiff or not? Now you don't want to say you answer to your bishop because your bishop answers to the Roman Pontiff. You're Roman. Face it. If you hate to admit it, you ought not be there.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are denominations of Catholicism.
No, the Catholic Church has no denominations. They are Liturgical Rites and are in 100% full communion with each other.

I suggest you do your homework . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you answer to the Roman Pontiff or not? Now you don't want to say you answer to your bishop because your bishop answers to the Roman Pontiff. You're Roman. Face it. If you hate to admit it, you ought not be there.

Stranger
Your position that I am "Roman" because the Pope is the Bishop of Rome is idiotic.

Am I a Nazarene because I follow Christ?? Why are you afraid to answer this question??

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, there's an intelligent response . . .
@CoreIssue isn't about providing evidence or logic for what he believes....just his opinion (no intelligence required).....and he really loves to troll!!

TROLL-THUMB.jpg

Reactions: BreadOfLife

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 3:5 Jesus was not referring to water baptism making a person born again from heaven.
Jesus was referring to human birth that is by water. A baby is born by water, they float in amniotic fluid for 9 months , at the time of birth, the water breaks , then the baby is born into the world. The second birth, is the spiritual birth that is from above by the Holy Spirit. To enter into the kingdom of heaven Jesus told Nicodemus, he must be born AGAIN of the Holy Spirit that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit which happens when the person believes by faith in Jesus! i.e we need to be born by water & by Spirit.

John 3: 5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!"

Last edited: