Should I be rebaptised?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So says the fallible man.....;)
Its THE Holy Scripture.
I didn't invent it , write it, or make it up.
If you Marymog, can't understand the scripture there is a reason....a spiritual reason.

Ye must be born again! When a person believes with Faith ONLY in Jesus at that moment God sends the Holy Spirit and they are born again from above by Spirit.
John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

1 Corinthians 2:12-13 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words."

Reactions: Pearl

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its THE Holy Scripture.
I didn't invent it , write it, or make it up.
If you Marymog, can't understand the scripture there is a reason....a spiritual reason.

Ye must be born again! When a person believes with Faith ONLY in Jesus at that moment God sends the Holy Spirit and they are born again from above by Spirit.
John 3:7 "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

1 Corinthians 2:12-13 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words."
I was born again.....I got baptized. Sooooo now that we settled that we can move on.

Why am I listening to anything you have to say.....you already said men are fallible. You are a man; aren't you?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born again.....I got baptized.
The baby baptism didn't save you.
The membership in the earthly religious Roman counterfeit christian church doesn't save you, it misleads you.
The belief in a faith plus false gospel of works, baby christening, through attending masses, penance, hail mary's, indulgencies, purgatory, begging Jesus mother, all of it doesn't save.

Reactions: Pearl

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The membership in the earthly religious Roman counterfeit christian church doesn't save you, it misleads you.
The belief in a faith plus false gospel of works, baby christening, through attending masses, penance, hail mary's, indulgencies, purgatory, begging Jesus mother, all of it doesn't save.
So says the fallible man. How can you be so sure you are right when you already said men are fallible? You are a man, aren't you?

Why should I listen to anything you say?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fun....bible study....LOVE IT!!

Scripture says "Baptism now saves you" (1 Peter 3:21).....You say baptism doesn't save me......Hmmmmm.....who should I listen to? You, a fallible man, or Scripture?

I choose Scripture.....:rolleyes:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was born again.....I got baptized. Sooooo now that we settled that we can move on.
You didn't get baptised as a baby Marymog it was what used to be called 'Christening'. You can only be properly baptised with your consent and desire to do so once you have been born-again in Christ. But you are free to believe a different gospel if you so choose, which you do.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't get baptized as a baby Marymog it was what used to be called 'Christening'. You can only be properly baptised with your consent and desire to do so once you have been born-again in Christ. But you are free to believe a different gospel if you so choose, which you do.
I didn't get baptized as a baby???? :(

Sooooo the 2,000 year teaching and practice of Christianity is wrong and YOU are right...o_O

Or are you saying you were at my "Christening" and they told you it was not a baptism?

My parents told me I was baptized.....I believe them...not you.

Gotta go....You and @tzcho2 are fallible sooooooo I feel safe in not listening to anything you say.....But I will listen to The Church which is the pillar and foundation of Truth. 1 timothy 3:15 is where you can read that in the Bible instead of reading the words of the men of the Reformation.

Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your position that I am "Roman" because the Pope is the Bishop of Rome is idiotic.

Am I a Nazarene because I follow Christ?? Why are you afraid to answer this question??

Why are you afraid to answer my questions. See post #(1102) Your question here is not an answer to my questions. Answer mine.

Stranger

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sooooo the 2,000 year teaching and practice of Christianity is wrong and YOU are right...o_O
The bible is right not the churches which practice baby baptism.
My parents told me I was baptized.....I believe them..
My parents didn't tell me I was baptised but they did tell me I was Christened and I even had a pretty card to prove it and I still remember the date. But when God told me to be baptised for real I obeyed him.
ou and @tzcho2 are fallible sooooooo I feel safe in not listening to anything you say.
I am a fallible human being but that doesn't mean I am wrong about this matter. The churches are fallible, the Church leaders are fallible, the pope is fallible because they are all human. God is infallible because he is God. Are you saying that you are infallible Marymog?

Bye the way I was wondering what the mog stands for and I can only think of mother of God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 3:5 Jesus was not referring to water baptism making a person born again from heaven.
Jesus was referring to human birth that is by water. A baby is born by water, they float in amniotic fluid for 9 months , at the time of birth, the water breaks , then the baby is born into the world. The second birth, is the spiritual birth that is from above by the Holy Spirit. To enter into the kingdom of heaven Jesus told Nicodemus, he must be born AGAIN of the Holy Spirit that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit which happens when the person believes by faith in Jesus! i.e we need to be born by water & by Spirit.

John 3: 5 "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!"
This is an idiotic position since EVERYBODY who has ever lived was born from amniotic fluid.

Nicodemus was asking how one is born AGAIN - and Jesus said from Water and Spirit (Baptism). He was talking about REBIRTH not birth.

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you afraid to answer my questions. See post #(1102) Your question here is not an answer to my questions. Answer mine.

Stranger
Already answered it.

I told you that obeying the Pope didn't make me a "Roman" - ANY MORE than following Jesus made me a Nazarene.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an idiotic position since EVERYBODY who has ever lived was born from amniotic fluid.

Nicodemus was asking how one is born AGAIN - and Jesus said from Water and Spirit (Baptism). He was talking about REBIRTH not birth.
No you are wrong.
Jesus was referring to human birth and being born of the Spirit. The first birth is by water, the second by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already answered it.

I told you that obeying the Pope didn't make me a "Roman" - ANY MORE than following Jesus made me a Nazarene.

We are not talking about citizenship. We are talking about your church affiliation. When you come under the authority of the Roman Pontiff, you are Roman. Your question is empty.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not talking about citizenship. We are talking about your church affiliation. When you come under the authority of the Roman Pontiff, you are Roman. Your question is empty.

Stranger
I am a Catholic - not a "Roman". A Roman is a person whose citizenship is from Rome.
The Pope is the earthly head of the CATHOLIC Church and the Bishop of Rome.

NOT quote sure why that doesn't penetrate your stubborn skull . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Catholic - not a "Roman". A Roman is a person whose citizenship is from Rome.
The Pope is the earthly head of the CATHOLIC Church and the Bishop of Rome.

NOT quote sure why that doesn't penetrate your stubborn skull . . .

I am Catholic also. You must obey the Roman Pontiff. That makes you of the Roman Church. Again, pay attention. We are not talking about citizenship.

Not sure why that does not penetrate also.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you are wrong.
Jesus was referring to human birth and being born of the Spirit. The first birth is by water, the second by the Holy Spirit.
WRONG.
R*E*A*D the conversation in its proper context - NOT the way you WANT it to be worded.

John 3:1-5
Now there was a Pharisee named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.

He came to Jesus at night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God, for no one can do these signs that you are doing unless God is with him.”

Jesus answered and said to him, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from ABOVE.”

Nicodemus said to him, “How can a person once grown old be BORN AGAIN? Surely he cannot reenter his mother’s womb and be born again, can he?”

Jesus answered, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of WATER AND SPIRIT.

At Jesus' Baptism, He was Baptized with WATER - and the HOLY SPIRIT appeared.
WATER AND SPIRIT.

Jesus was talking about REBIRTH - not birth.

Reactions: Marymog

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't get baptized as a baby???? :(

Or are you saying you were at my "Christening" and they told you it was not a baptism?

My parents told me I was baptized.....I believe them...not you.

Gotta go....You and @tzcho2 are fallible sooooooo I feel safe in not listening to anything you say.....But I will listen to The Church which is the pillar and foundation of Truth. 1 timothy 3:15 is where you can read that in the Bible instead of reading the words of the men of the Reformation.

Mary
Ironic that you keep repeating that "men are fallible men are fallible" so maybe we are getting through to you vicariously. Now you just have to remember that false and fallible teachings of the RCC don't save.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Catholic also. You must obey the Roman Pontiff. That makes you of the Roman Church. Again, pay attention. We are not talking about citizenship.
Not sure why that does not penetrate also.

Stranger
No - YOU are a Protestant,
BIG difference.