Should women be punished for abortion (if Roe v Wade overturned)?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Should women be punished for abortion (if Roe v Wade overturned)?

Well, it stands to reason that if something is against the law, there should be a punishment involved for non-compliance.

I dont think it should be as stiff a punishment as the one the abortionist gets, though

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If they just want to make it illegal to practice abortion that would be enough. The goal is to stop abortion.

Suppose a woman doesn't take care of themselves and they lose the baby, should that be punishable? Stopping abortion clinics is more clear cut, and easy to prove that the law has been broken.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
lforrest said:
If they just want to make it illegal to practice abortion that would be enough. The goal is to stop abortion.

Suppose a woman doesn't take care of themselves and they lose the baby, should that be punishable? Stopping abortion clinics is more clear cut, and easy to prove that the law has been broken.
if abortion is murder, the ones involved should all be punished. This is one thing Trump said that i agree with.. but then he took it back. I guess it wasn't PC

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Society permits abortion, so society will have to face the consequences. All civilizations of the past that have sanctioned the death of its own innocent citizens has ceased to exist.

Some women have no post-abortion effects, while some are ridden with pain, guilt and loss. They need the healing power of God's forgiveness, not condemnation.

It's normal to grieve a pregnancy loss, including the loss of a child by abortion. It can form a hole in one's heart, a hole so deep that sometimes it seems nothing can fill the emptiness.
A caring ministry for women who had an abortion

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
kepha31 said:
Society permits abortion, so society will have to face the consequences. All civilizations of the past that have sanctioned the death of its own innocent citizens has ceased to exist.

Some women have no post-abortion effects, while some are ridden with pain, guilt and loss. They need the healing power of God's forgiveness, not condemnation.

It's normal to grieve a pregnancy loss, including the loss of a child by abortion. It can form a hole in one's heart, a hole so deep that sometimes it seems nothing can fill the emptiness.
if a woman knew that she'd be punished if she had a (non legal...) abortion she would likely not do it.. and she would then turn to adoption which is the perfect choice

no one has to die

I know someone who gave up a child for adoption when the child was 7 months old... extremely painful but she was in very bad situation.. father was a pedophile who could have gotten custody if some idiot judge had thought to do that... and so many other problems... no job, no $$ .. no family support... It was hard in the 1st months but later she felt good about the decision and knew, just absolutely knew she had done the right thing..

obviously she has NO guilt feelings that involved remorse over murdering her own children

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
kepha31 said:

kepha31,

No, society makes abortion a crime or decriminalises abortion. However, human beings agree to kill unborn human life (children).

Who decides that killing human beings is wrong? God does. It was he who provided the laws against killing: 'You shall not murder' (Ex 20:13 ESV; Matt 5:21 ESV). The morality of abortion is determined by God himself.

It is a scientific, medical fact that human life commences at conception and ends at death, whether natural or by killing.

Oz

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:

The mink didn't work for me. I was interested in having a look.

It's tough to really understand what is truly being said just by reading posts. But it seems Scaliafan and Ozspen didn't think too much of your post. Had you mentioned life imprision, loss of all personal possessions, castration, loss of both their little toes and 24 hour mandated watching of The View (or eternity in hell) for all that vote for abortion.... Well, they may havebeen more receptive.

I didn't really see your post as pro abortion, but as one of foregiveness.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But dont you dare kill those poor cows, pigs, and chickens. They just want to live.. LOL Oh, silly liberals. LOL

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
OzSpen said:
What on earth does that mean? :rolleyes:
In the United States the results are racially and ethnically biased and our federal courts have decided that is sufficient to call it discriminatory. I doubt they put the two together as we still suffer from the aftereffects of eugenic and the cultural engineering related to it.

I am not surprised since the U.S.still suffers from the 17th century cultural engineering that invented the "White race" in the first place. If we did not have that metric or the newly created Hispanic ethnicity then we could not detect apparent discrimination in abortion.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
kerwin said:
In the United States the results are racially and ethnically biased and our federal courts have decided that is sufficient to call it discriminatory. I doubt they put the two together as we still suffer from the aftereffects of eugenic and the cultural engineering related to it.

I am not surprised since the U.S.still suffers from the 17th century cultural engineering that invented the "White race" in the first place. If we did not have that metric or the newly created Hispanic ethnicity then we could not detect apparent discrimination in abortion.
Scalia was talking about 'age discrimination' not 'ethnic discrimination' as you state here.

I've thought about this 'age discrimination' (after this week completing a 15-page submission against abortion to the government here in Queensland) and that is what abortion is. We would not allow 836,000 abortions this year in the USA if they were children outside the womb and adults. So, abortion is the holocaust of mammoth proportions. It makes what Hitler did look like chicken feed. And we continue to do it year after year.

Here in Australia, where accurate abortion statistics are not collected because it is illegal in some states, there still are an estimated 84,000 abortions annually (that was in 2003). It's thought to be around 100,000 annually now.

Oz

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
OzSpen said:
Scalia was talking about 'age discrimination' not 'ethnic discrimination' as you state here.

I've thought about this 'age discrimination' (after this week completing a 15-page submission against abortion to the government here in Queensland) and that is what abortion is. We would not allow 836,000 abortions this year in the USA if they were children outside the womb and adults. So, abortion is the holocaust of mammoth proportions. It makes what Hitler did look like chicken feed. And we continue to do it year after year.

Here in Australia, where accurate abortion statistics are not collected because it is illegal in some states, there still are an estimated 84,000 abortions annually (that was in 2003). It's thought to be around 100,000 annually now.

Oz
It sounds like a cover-up and it is a horrible practice.

I can see age discrimination because it is a violation of equal rights under the law.

There is also developmental discrimination.

Some states do not report their statistics so numbers are reported numbers are lower than actual numbers.

Lil_Worried

Oct 26, 2016
In my opinion abortion should be human right. Bearing an unwanted child is not an easy task and it can ruin woman's life for good.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
kepha31 said:

You can say the same thing about mass murders as everyone needs God but everyone wants him.

The government is given the sword of God's wrath for a purpose. It is that sword we speak of and justice does not exist without it.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Lil_Worried said:
In my opinion abortion should be human right. Bearing an unwanted child is not an easy task and it can ruin woman's life for good.
The right to life is a human right. Should we allow a woman to deprive her child of that right because her life will be ruined. Many murderers use the same excuse. It does not work with God but humanity is unjust.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lil_Worried said:
LW,

Jesus disagrees. He said, "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment" (Matt 5:21 ESV).

I'm supporting Jesus' view and not going with any other compromise.

Oz