Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree especially if they are co-equal...and when Paul taught that I always thought he was just persecuting the church because I know how fervant Paul was about serving Christ so while a lover of Christ Paul was I think Paul was a bit jealous in a way a bit...
We are all "equal" in the eyes of God, it is men, and especially religion and the religious. that keep giving one man status above another.

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok but who or what did I judge? Are you SERIOUS
..you are the one judging me..when in reality I'm still a work in progress..
first thanks for the reply, and this will be all I will say.
#1. I never said you Judge anything, you must have mis-interperted what I was saying.
#2. Nor was I judging you, I suggest you re-read what I posted.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
joelosteen_hdv.jpg bless-the-child.jpg
We are all "equal" in the eyes of God, it is men, and especially religion and the religious. that keep giving one man status above another.
God can annoint anyone he pleases even a homeless man on the street or a 4 year old girl sucking on a lollipop..and I'm not talking about joel o Steen but I mean like the little girl in the photo instead..ha

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People can think Jesus denies scripture but he doesn't. The scriptures only speaks out against a woman having authority positions in the church. Positions like a Reverend, Bishop, Deacon, Elder, etc. While it is true we all, including women, are preachers of God's word, God Son Jesus doesn't do away with God's Ordained headship. God is the head of his Son Jesus, Jesus is head of the man, man is head of the woman. This is especially true concerning the headship in God's organization. The church which is a part of God's organization, God has made his Son Jesus head of the Church. None of us, men and women should be against God's ordained way that he has organized things cause that would mean we're thinking we know better than God and we most certainly are not. Women, just like men continue to go against God's headship arrangement. We all are wrong for doing that.

Was Phoebe not a Deaconess? Romans 16:1 in the NIV reads, “I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae.”

Did not Priscilla teach Apollos?

Galatians 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

What about a believing wife married to an unbelieving husband? Can she not, if he is open to the Word be taught by her?

Proverbs 1:8
"Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching."

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I mean as husband and wife
Do you understand marriage? do you understand why God uses male and female?, so much of what God does is all based around this. But yes even im marriage, but than God created man as the worker, the women to look after the home, look at the mess the world got into when women decided they needed to full mens rolls, when we do things Gods way it works when we do it our way, well just look at the world today.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand marriage? do you understand why God uses male and female?, so much of what God does is all based around this. But yes even im marriage, but than God created man as the worker, the women to look after the home, look at the mess the world got into when women decided they needed to full mens rolls, when we do things Gods way it works when we do it our way, well just look at the world today.
No because I am not married..I'm single and I think I understand and know what it is like to be a helpmate and counterpart very well...

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No because I am not married..I'm single and I think I understand and know what it is like to be a helpmate and counterpart very well...
You dont have to be married, but it helps a lot, especially after a divorce, god can teach us a lot through our daily lives and circumstances. Here is one for you,

Joh 4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.
Joh 4:17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:
Joh 4:18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

So if she is not "married", no husband, how can she have 5 husbands???

a clue

Eph_5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you see, here in lies the issue, so many have taken it upon them selves to do so, and is so doing, thereferoe usurp His authority, that bit about, how can they go if they have not being sent. So many call themselves pastor, evangelist, prophet, and so on, yet stand completely outside of Gods will, and do there own works, have they not than thought of the consequences, you know this bit.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

and yet it is done daily, by so many. and christians are as deaf as everyone else when it comes to the things of God.
Give God the glory, old friend! Good to see you again among us!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Give God the glory, old friend! Good to see you again among us!
I needed it, seems we got thrown out into the desert again for a time, had many battles, but Christ always comes through, even sometimes when it appears He is not around, but the end is here, cant wait to see what God does next. God bless you too my friend... dont have too many of them

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean as husband and wife
As husband and wife, in the flesh, we are also supposed to be equal. Each one before God is to have a proper role, but on both sides of the physical union the errors abound among those who call themselves followers of Christ! But... as Jesus grew, so must we grow if ever we are to become like Him and to see Him as He is!

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I John 3:2

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Phoebe not a Deaconess? Romans 16:1 in the NIV reads, “I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae.”

Did not Priscilla teach Apollos?

Galatians 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

What about a believing wife married to an unbelieving husband? Can she not, if he is open to the Word be taught by her?

Proverbs 1:8
"Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching."

People really don't truly read what I communicate. I never said at any time that women couldn't teach or preach to people about God and his kingdom. I said that from what I've read in the scriptures when Paul was saying he didn't allow women to teach he was talking about not allowing women to have positions of authority in the church.

The woman known as Phoebe, some Bible translations say she was a Deaconess other Bibles use the word minister.
This raises the question as to the sense in which the term di·aʹko·nos (minister) is here used. Some translators view the term in an official sense and hence render it “deaconess” (RS, JB). But the Scriptures make no provision for female ministerial servants. Goodspeed’s translation views the term in a general sense and translates it “helper.” However, Paul’s reference is evidently to something having to do with the spreading of the good news, the Christian ministry, and he was speaking of Phoebe as a female minister who was associated with the congregation in Cenchreae.—Compare Ac 2:17, 18.

Priscilla was the wife of Aquila, with whom she is always mentioned.The two showed fine Christian works and hospitality not only to individuals but also to the congregation by having congregation meetings in their home in both Rome and Ephesus.

Because of Emperor Claudius’ decree, Aquila and his wife left Rome and went to Corinth in about 50 C.E. Not long after their arrival Paul joined them in tentmaking. (Ac 18:2, 3) They traveled on with Paul to Ephesus, remained there for a time, and were instrumental in ‘expounding the way of God more correctly’ to the eloquent Apollos. Notice that Apollos was already very elegantly taught the scriptures just not as accurately as should be, which both Aquila and his wife Priscilla corrected. Priscilla wasn't acting as any kind of person of authority.(Ac 18:18, 19, 24-28; 1Co 16:19) The scriptures show that Priscilla was alays with her husband and other men such as Paul. Nowhere in the scriptures is it showing Priscilla having a position of authority in the congregation. As I said and continue to say nothing is ever said that women can't preach and teach people about God and his kingdom.

Galatians 3: 28 you are taking out of context to try to prove your point which I'll never agree with.

Proverbs 1:8 is talking about a mother teaching her children. Of course she's teaching her children, the scriptures have never spoken out against that, but that doesn't mean she had a position of authority in the congregation.
When it comes to wives with unbelieving husbands here are some scriptures that may help:

You wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of their wives.”—1 Pet. 3:1.

In like manner, you wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of their wives, because of having been eyewitnesses of your chaste conduct together with deep respect. And do not let your adornment be that of the external braiding of the hair and of the putting on of gold ornaments or the wearing of outer garments, but let it be the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible apparel of the quiet and mild spirit, which is of great value in the eyes of God.”—

These scriptures don't mean the wife can say anything about God and his kingdom. They should however be gracious when speaking to them and if they don't respond positively to what the believing wives says the wife should always be submissive to her husband who is her head.

Reactions: Earburner

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And satan uses men, willingly at that to do His bidding, so I can only assume you dont like God using women to teach?? I guess you better sit down and have a chat with Him,
Haha sorry that was funny...that was a sword right in a heart there lol!!! I guess satan could use anything even an elephant lol

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha sorry that was funny...that was a sword right in a heart there lol!!! I guess satan could use anything even an elephant lol
So many disagree with the way God does things, if they dont like it. all they have to do is tell Him, might give Him a little smile., I dont like the way He went about it either, but I do understand why, as there is no other way. And for those who dont like free will, they could ask that He turn them into donkeys I guess.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...so I can only assume you dont like God using women to teach...
Have you actually read what God says in His Word about this or are you assuming that it is all based on human opinion and likes and dislikes?

It is really amazing how some Christian women believe that they are totally submissive to God and His Word, but rebel when they read that they must (a) submit to their own husbands (indeed obey them), (b) cover their heads and hair during worship as a sign of submission to both husband and Christ, and (3) refrain from wanting to preach, teach, or lead within the local church. (Yet they are free to teach the *younger* or less mature Christian women the practicalities of being good wives and mothers, but that is generally ignored).

*Evangelical Feminism* raised its ugly head after Godless Feminism appeared in the West (several decades ago) and probably was an offshoot of Communism. Thus people tried to explain away the teaching of the New Testament by suggesting that whatever was written was simply for the apostolic churches, and has no bearing on churches today. But that is patently false, since everything else is accepted as being applicable to Christians in all ages.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
) cover their heads and hair during worship as a sign of submission to both husband and Christ
Its amazing how many christians read the bible and yet know nothing of Christ,, did Jesus ever tell any women to cover there heads before they came to Him... Never. more man made c... that puts stubmling blocks before so many.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anna was a prophetess so there is a precedent for women. If she could be used in that way so can any woman who is filled with Spirit and led by God. Timothy was taught by his mother and grandmother. So women can be teachers. The woman at the well was an evangelist.

I think there are a lot of men with big egos who aren't comfortable around women and so want to 'keep them in their place' because the men would feel belittled otherwise.

Jesus never felt belittled by women. He was a real man who was sure enough of himself and his own powers that his ego wasn't threatened by 'mere' women.

All you men who diminish women are called to be like Jesus who encouraged them and built them up and didn't quench the Spirit within them.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many disagree with the way God does things, if they dont like it. all they have to do is tell Him, might give Him a little smile., I dont like the way He went about it either, but I do understand why, as there is no other way. And for those who dont like free will, they could ask that He turn them into donkeys I guess.
Went about what?