Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway the bible says who are we judge another man servant? And Mary was around Jesus and his disciples so I see no reason why he wouldn't let a woman serve. Besides most of them male ministers today are teaching the wrong things and if they do teach the truth I know most probably aren't living up to what they preach. But Jesus also says to pass judgement on no one etc. Maybe If y'all stop listening to people and read your bible more you would know the truth...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 3:1 "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;"
1 Peter 3:2 "While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear."

if a husband is dumb in the WORD, (an unbeliever), and the WIFE is knowledgeable in the Word, let the WIFE teach her DUMB husband the word of God by her conversatation of the WORD. for Faith comes by hearing ........ and hearing by the word of God.
for, ........ 1 Corinthians 7:10 "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:"
1 Corinthians 7:11 "But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife."
1 Corinthians 7:12 "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away."
1 Corinthians 7:13 "And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him."
1 Corinthians 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy."
1 Corinthians 7:15 "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."

PICJAG.
But who is dumb? I think everyone is dumb to the word of God because if that wasn't so there be no lost souls nor divisions, nor blind men and false teaching. And the world would not be divided and the Lord would not be misrepresented etc. So until we all receive the spirit and let it guide us we will always be dumb to the word...and why would the Lord put the woman in authority over her husband? Unless the woman was single or shared a ministry with her husband .I don't see why the Lord would do that...she would have to be a single cooperate being or some sort of like that... because the bible says a married woman marries to please her husband in this world but that a celibate woman stays single to please the Lord...so 1 corinthians 7:34

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway the bible says who are we judge another man servant? And Mary was around Jesus and his disciples so I see no reason why he wouldn't let a woman serve. Besides most of them male ministers today are teaching the wrong things and if they do teach the truth I know most probably aren't living up to what they preach. But Jesus also says to pass judgement on no one etc. Maybe If y'all stop listening to people and read your bible more you would know the truth...
I believe that as Christian men and women are filled with the same Holy Spirit it is that Holy Spirit who leads them into ministry and some women are led to preach, teach evangelise prophesy or pastor. If they are married then they are 'in subjection' to their husbands if they have their husbands' blessing. And I think men who do not give their blessing perhaps need to have a re-think and make sure that they are not quenching the Spirit in their wives.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Authority and that is Christ, and if Christ chooses to give His authority to a woman to teach and you deny her, you deny Him because He sent her.

Joh 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

But religion will have its way
Christ is not going to give authority that goes against Scripture.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who is dumb? I think everyone is dumb to the word of God because if that wasn't so there be no lost souls nor divisions, nor blind men and false teaching. And the world would not be divided and the Lord would not be misrepresented etc. So until we all receive the spirit and let it guide us we will always be dumb to the word...and why would the Lord put the woman in authority over her husband? Unless the woman was single or shared a ministry with her husband .I don't see why the Lord would do that...she would have to be a single cooperate being or some sort of like that... because the bible says a married woman marries to please her husband in this world but that a celibate woman stays single to please the Lord...so 1 corinthians 7:34
thanks for the reply, I was using the term "dumb" to highlight a point. the correct wording should be "ignorant", or without KNOWLEDGE, which is a CHOICE. scripture, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children". understand, being "ignorant", especially of God's holy word is a choice. yes, a choice. just as you and Pearl said, be filled with the Holy Spirit, in that he guide you. for the Holy Ghost will teach you. yes, he will. and the reason why many, not all, are in this condition as you stated above, division, false teachers... ect, is this. "ye have not because ye ask not". and the Holy Spirit is a "helper". and if you're not doing anything then the helper has nothing to do. so get into God's holy word, and study it, (NOT TO LEARN ANYTHING), but to show God that you're interested in this word. see, one cannot study God to know or understand him, he must be revealed to you.

now back to the point I was making, I know that the term "dumb" was a bit cruel, but I wanted push a point to men, especially husbands. men, not all, have seen themselves in the light as "I'm the head, I'm in charge, I'm the leader". ok, I have no problem with that. but take RESPONSIBILITY for that headship, in chargeship, and Leadership by not being ignorant, or ... dumb in God's holy word. understand, if one is going to be the head, the leader, and in charge, then he don't need to be "ignorant", or without KNOWLEDGE, which is a CHOICE. when the blind is leading the blind, just as you said, division come, false teachers comes,any wind of doctrine comes. this is why the apostles addressed the married men of wives. they should know better. that's why he said husband should teach their wives at HOME first, before coming to church and setting a bad example there, (at church). see, the married suppose to have it together, (meaning being on one accord, as ONE). if a wife get up in church and speak out of order while prophesying, or speak in an unknown tongue without an interperter, just as any male can do, but in the married, who suppose to be in order as one, then there is disorder in the house of God and as well as in the home, and God is not the author of confusion, which means disorder.

Understand, Pearl gave the answer. see, it's the LOVE and RESPECT one have for their spouse. if you Love me you will do me no harm. so I will "HELP", and not restrict. if a husband have a wife that is called by God to preach teach .. ect. then the husban, being a man of God will obey himself being subject to God himself. as the wife is subject to her "OWN" husband. let me make this clear her ..... "OWN" husband. not no one's else husband. that is another tpoic all to itself. but the husband is to care, protect, provide ect.. for his .... "OWN" wife, and not someone else wife, which is included with that other topic.... (smile).

so as said, being without "KNOWLEDGE" .... is a choice, and yes, I'll used the cruel term "dumb" to bring home the point that HUSBAND should not be dumb, which means his wife will not be "dumb" either. for a husband and his wife should be leader themselves showing the example of Christ and his chuch which all of us are in. so the responsibility falls to the husband to or should know the things of God in order to teach his wife what he knows of God, or should know of God.

this response is in General, I'm not a licence marriage counselor, but there are some things a man need to know and understand before taking on a wife in holy matrimony. it's more to it than just bring home the bacon. you better have some vegetables in you grocery bag with that cake and Ice cream. so let me stop there, because as said, I'm not a licence marriage counselor... thank God I'm not.

and why would the Lord put the woman in authority over her husband?
look, being a Pastor, teacher, an apostle, ect... is not about authority in ruling someone but in "SERVICE" to one another. that's men, or worldy thinking. listen to what our Lord said,
Mark 10:42 "But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mark 10:43 "But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: (here Minister is servant).
Mark 10:44 "And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

understand, being a teacher, bishop, or whatever in leadership position, it's a responsibility to serve. leadership simply means "FIRST" to serve. see, it's a work. and guess what? it's the Lord Jesus who do the work, we are his chosen vessel that he work through. MINISTRY is a "WORK" that is in "SERVICE" to another. that why we're called slave or "servants" of God.

I hope that helped to clear up my misuse of the term "dumb". no offense, ok.

PICJAG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Authority and that is Christ, and if Christ chooses to give His authority to a woman to teach and you deny her, you deny Him because He sent her.

Joh 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

But religion will have its way

People can think Jesus denies scripture but he doesn't. The scriptures only speaks out against a woman having authority positions in the church. Positions like a Reverend, Bishop, Deacon, Elder, etc. While it is true we all, including women, are preachers of God's word, God Son Jesus doesn't do away with God's Ordained headship. God is the head of his Son Jesus, Jesus is head of the man, man is head of the woman. This is especially true concerning the headship in God's organization. The church which is a part of God's organization, God has made his Son Jesus head of the Church. None of us, men and women should be against God's ordained way that he has organized things cause that would mean we're thinking we know better than God and we most certainly are not. Women, just like men continue to go against God's headship arrangement. We all are wrong for doing that.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana3637

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, I was using the term "dumb" to highlight a point. the correct wording should be "ignorant", or without KNOWLEDGE, which is a CHOICE. scripture, Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children". understand, being "ignorant", especially of God's holy word is a choice. yes, a choice. just as you and Pearl said, be filled with the Holy Spirit, in that he guide you. for the Holy Ghost will teach you. yes, he will. and the reason why many, not all, are in this condition as you stated above, division, false teachers... ect, is this. "ye have not because ye ask not". and the Holy Spirit is a "helper". and if you're not doing anything then the helper has nothing to do. so get into God's holy word, and study it, (NOT TO LEARN ANYTHING), but to show God that you're interested in this word. see, one cannot study God to know or understand him, he must be revealed to you.

now back to the point I was making, I know that the term "dumb" was a bit cruel, but I wanted push a point to men, especially husbands. men, not all, have seen themselves in the light as "I'm the head, I'm in charge, I'm the leader". ok, I have no problem with that. but take RESPONSIBILITY for that headship, in chargeship, and Leadership by not being ignorant, or ... dumb in God's holy word. understand, if one is going to be the head, the leader, and in charge, then he don't need to be "ignorant", or without KNOWLEDGE, which is a CHOICE. when the blind is leading the blind, just as you said, division come, false teachers comes,any wind of doctrine comes. this is why the apostles addressed the married men of wives. they should know better. that's why he said husband should teach their wives at HOME first, before coming to church and setting a bad example there, (at church). see, the married suppose to have it together, (meaning being on one accord, as ONE). if a wife get up in church and speak out of order while prophesying, or speak in an unknown tongue without an interperter, just as any male can do, but in the married, who suppose to be in order as one, then there is disorder in the house of God and as well as in the home, and God is not the author of confusion, which means disorder.

Understand, Pearl gave the answer. see, it's the LOVE and RESPECT one have for their spouse. if you Love me you will do me no harm. so I will "HELP", and not restrict. if a husband have a wife that is called by God to preach teach .. ect. then the husban, being a man of God will obey himself being subject to God himself. as the wife is subject to her "OWN" husband. let me make this clear her ..... "OWN" husband. not no one's else husband. that is another tpoic all to itself. but the husband is to care, protect, provide ect.. for his .... "OWN" wife, and not someone else wife, which is included with that other topic.... (smile).

so as said, being without "KNOWLEDGE" .... is a choice, and yes, I'll used the cruel term "dumb" to bring home the point that HUSBAND should not be dumb, which means his wife will not be "dumb" either. for a husband and his wife should be leader themselves showing the example of Christ and his chuch which all of us are in. so the responsibility falls to the husband to or should know the things of God in order to teach his wife what he knows of God, or should know of God.

this response is in General, I'm not a licence marriage counselor, but there are some things a man need to know and understand before taking on a wife in holy matrimony. it's more to it than just bring home the bacon. you better have some vegetables in you grocery bag with that cake and Ice cream. so let me stop there, because as said, I'm not a licence marriage counselor... thank God I'm not.

look, being a Pastor, teacher, an apostle, ect... is not about authority in ruling someone but in "SERVICE" to one another. that's men, or worldy thinking. listen to what our Lord said,
Mark 10:42 "But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mark 10:43 "But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: (here Minister is servant).
Mark 10:44 "And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

understand, being a teacher, bishop, or whatever in leadership position, it's a responsibility to serve. leadership simply means "FIRST" to serve. see, it's a work. and guess what? it's the Lord Jesus who do the work, we are his chosen vessel that he work through. MINISTRY is a "WORK" that is in "SERVICE" to another. that why we're called slave or "servants" of God.

I hope that helped to clear up my misuse of the term "dumb". no offense, ok.

PICJAG.
But that's the thing we all have our own personal relationship with the Lord, so why people passing judgement on me, I have no idea but it's really silly since you don't even know me or my life...and yes knowledge or not..it still means the same being "dumb" to the word and having no knowledge of God whatsoever....and I'm not married..I don't have a spouse..I'm a 36 year old single woman...I never even had a boyfriend ..so why is this suppose to be relevant to me?...and trust me I think I am very well familiar with the holy spirit and who he is..i grew up in the holy spirit and was taught by him all my life since I was a child....but you wouldn't know anything about that.. right cause you don't know me...

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's the thing we all have our own personal relationship with the Lord, so why people passing judgement on me, I have no idea but it's really silly since you don't even know me or my life...and yes knowledge or not..it still means the same being "dumb" to the word and having no knowledge of God whatsoever....
well Jenniferdiana welcome to the christian life. 1 Peter 2:21 "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps".

Ephesians 4:2 "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Ephesians 4:3 "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

understand something "J" if you don't mine. you been called out, not by men, but by God. see, if you step out on God, then you have a bulls eye on your back. take it in stride. for apperantly you're worthy to be called. now you must be patience. for God did not put you here in this fourm just to sit on your thumbs.
2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

understand, Matthew 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen". now listen to me closley. "it's up to you, your CHOICE". I believe you're an overcomer. learn from these topic, accept that which is Good, and reject the bad. supportive scripture,
Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:15 "Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

I hope you understood what the Lord Just told you.... Spiritually. .... :)

PICJAG.

Oh P.S. two things, #1. Judgment, hear this. Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".

#2. John 15:11 "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

I hope you got the Lord message.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well Jenniferdiana welcome to the christian life. 1 Peter 2:21 "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps".

Ephesians 4:2 "With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Ephesians 4:3 "Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

understand something "J" if you don't mine. you been called out, not by men, but by God. see, if you step out on God, then you have a bulls eye on your back. take it in stride. for apperantly you're worthy to be called. now you must be patience. for God did not put you here in this fourm just to sit on your thumbs.
2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

understand, Matthew 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen". now listen to me closley. "it's up to you, your CHOICE". I believe you're an overcomer. learn from these topic, accept that which is Good, and reject the bad. supportive scripture,
Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:15 "Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

PICJAG.

Oh P.S. two things, #1. Judgment, hear this. Romans 14:13 "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way".

#2. John 15:11 "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
John 15:12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Very colourful but makes it difficult to read.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that as Christian men and women are filled with the same Holy Spirit it is that Holy Spirit who leads them into ministry and some women are led to preach, teach evangelise prophesy or pastor. If they are married then they are 'in subjection' to their husbands if they have their husbands' blessing. And I think men who do not give their blessing perhaps need to have a re-think and make sure that they are not quenching the Spirit in their wives.
Good insight. for if the same Holy Spirit is in the wife whom he call to work in his vineyard, is the same Holy Spirit that is in the husband, then there will be no problem, for both are subject to the same Holy Spirit. for Christ is the head of every man, meaning Male annd female.

and you'recorrect in that the Spirit is given to both men and women, 1 Corinthians 12:7 "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal". and man here includs (males and females).

keep up the good work.

PICJAG.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PICJAG.

Yeah thanks but the question is how the heck do you know if I was called or not?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is trying to rule anyone and the only one to rule in the end is Jesus and I believe Jesus said he is not coming back to bring peace on Earth but a sword...
first, thanks for the reply, second, slow down. agreed, in Christ no one is ruling anyone, ok. and three, Christ is ruling right now, if he's in you. and yes, he is coming back to judge, but now he is conforting them that are his. so leave that judgment to him.

Jenniferdiana3637 said: ↑
Yeah thanks but the question is how the heck do you know if I was called or not?
(smile), a old Minister of the gospel once told me, "you'll know".

PICJAG

"AM I stalking you?" are you serious? I just responded to your question.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first, thanks for the reply, second, slow down. agreed, in Christ no one is ruling anyone, ok. and three, Christ is ruling right now, if he's in you. and yes, he is coming back to judge, but now he is conforting them that are his. so leave that judgment to him.

Jenniferdiana3637 said: ↑
(smile), a old Minister of the gospel once told me, "you'll know".

PICJAG

"AM I stalking you?" are you serious? I just responded to your question.

PICJAG.
Ok but who or what did I judge? Are you SERIOUS
..you are the one judging me..when in reality I'm still a work in progress..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ is not going to give authority that goes against Scripture.
And yet here we see people using "scripture" to stand in opposition to God. God will do what God will do, Jesus is His word and they will never disagree with one another, yet man will continue to raise himself above God and demand that God do as he says, God can and will use women as He sees fit, and if you feel the need to disagree with Him. than you have every right, He did, foolishly enough give us free will. knowing full well what we would do with it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think a woman needs authority herself in order to teach. Teaching doesn't necessarily mean commanding or demanding either obedience or submission. I teach. But I have no more authority than any who listen... And they can at any time dispute, correct, remonstrance, or walk out.
But you see, here in lies the issue, so many have taken it upon them selves to do so, and is so doing, thereferoe usurp His authority, that bit about, how can they go if they have not being sent. So many call themselves pastor, evangelist, prophet, and so on, yet stand completely outside of Gods will, and do there own works, have they not than thought of the consequences, you know this bit.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

and yet it is done daily, by so many. and christians are as deaf as everyone else when it comes to the things of God.