Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anna was a prophetess so there is a precedent for women. If she could be used in that way so can any woman who is filled with Spirit and led by God. Timothy was taught by his mother and grandmother. So women can be teachers. The woman at the well was an evangelist.

I think there are a lot of men with big egos who aren't comfortable around women and so want to 'keep them in their place' because the men would feel belittled otherwise.

Jesus never felt belittled by women. He was a real man who was sure enough of himself and his own powers that his ego wasn't threatened by 'mere' women.

All you men who diminish women are called to be like Jesus who encouraged them and built them up and didn't quench the Spirit within them.
download.jpeg ..........And women can be just as strong and powerful as men, I mean in speech of course, but both male and female receive new births in the holy spirit, so why would it disqualify a woman to preach? I thought the holy spirit had no limit and was here to just guide us in all truth...etc. if the spirit wants to reveal itself through a woman why should she be silenced just because she is a woman? Yet wives can open thier mouths to their husbands while making love? What is a woman to be treated that way, to have responsibilities for a man who can't cook and clean after themselves? Huh? How does that make the women less manly? To do everything for y'all AND carry a child for nine months? Who is really "the" man here? Lol if women can take care of your babies and lead them to God and a godly life they can preach the word to a whole nation too...lol if she can lead y'all children why not lead the others too?...aren't you all looking for that Proverbs 31 woman? Ha and don't lie cause you know you all are....

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you see, here in lies the issue, so many have taken it upon them selves to do so, and is so doing, thereferoe usurp His authority, that bit about, how can they go if they have not being sent. So many call themselves pastor, evangelist, prophet, and so on, yet stand completely outside of Gods will, and do there own works, have they not than thought of the consequences, you know this bit.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

and yet it is done daily, by so many. and christians are as deaf as everyone else when it comes to the things of God.
But that's just it you would find more errors in Christianity then an unbeliever/ athiest sinner's heart and then christians wanna complain about a lost world etc..lol the only way to ever come about the truth is through Jesus and the holy spirit..and not through Christian leaders and holy men who think they are holy and servants of the Lord and have all the answers to the bible... Besides the bible says we are not to put our faith in man but God only anyway and trust me ive been there and kinda is still there now cause of people's ideas and opinions of what's what.... :-/ all it does is causes confusion and lead people nowhere but on a further farther road less traveled .. ...( if what I just said made any sense at all..lol tsk well whatever atleast I try lol )

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But that's just it you would find more errors in Christianity then an unbeliever/ athiest sinner's heart and then christians wanna complain about a lost world etc..lol the only way to ever come about the truth is through Jesus and the holy spirit..and not through Christian leaders and holy men who think they are holy and servants of the Lord and have all the answers to the bible... Besides the bible says we are not to put our faith in man but God only anyway and trust me ive been there and kinda is still there now cause of people's ideas and opinions of what's what.... :-/ all it does is causes confusion and lead people nowhere but on a further farther road less traveled .. ...( if what I just said made any sense at all..lol tsk well whatever atleast I try lol )
Amen, to much bible reading not enough discussion with the one who is the truth, Jesus.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And satan uses men, willingly at that to do His bidding, so I can only assume you dont like God using women to teach?? I guess you better sit down and have a chat with Him,
I never said God does not use women to teach. I said God did not design women to teach men. The Scripture makes this abundantly clear. That is why Beth Moore should go home. She teaches men and women. That is against Scripture.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never said God does not use women to teach. I said God did not design women to teach men. The Scripture makes this abundantly clear. That is why Beth Moore should go home. She teaches men and women. That is against Scripture.
It is abundantly clear, that Jesus never had a problem with it, though many men seem to do.

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Based on what?
Do you see Jesus or God coming down and telling all those nasty women to strop preaching, nah, all I see is legalistic men who would rather believe the lies of men. Jesus never had an issue with women, it was always the religious men He was at loggerheads with. But it seems men tell God what He can and cannot do, not the other way round.

Joh_8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

Oh God they are still doing it today.....

Reactions: Helen

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether man or woman, adult or not, we are not just an individual or a specific specie but are all children of God.. God shows no favoritism..he treats us all the same... however I believe he does put his favor on some people lives and mainly because they love him wholeheartedly.... Romans 8:28 John 4:24

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe the men should go home. It is THEM that were instructed not to sit under a woman's teaching.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the men should go home. It is THEM that were instructed not to sit under a woman's teaching.
I agree with that as well. Though, technically they were not instructed to not sit under a woman but that is definitely the correct interpretation. But women are not permitted to teach men. They ARE permitted to teach young women.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether man or woman, adult or not, we are not just an individual or a specific specie but are all children of God.. God shows no favoritism..he treats us all the same... however I believe he does put his favor on some people lives and mainly because they love him wholeheartedly.... Romans 8:28 John 4:24
No, God does not treat all the same. If he did, we would all have the same gifts.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God does not treat all the same. If he did, we would all have the same gifts.
I'm not talking about gifts..I'm talking about the jealousy and hypocrisy of mankind who try to exalt themselves in the Lord...
Yes he does..he exalts and humbles us all the same. But who are people to exalt and humble/humiliate others because you don't accept something fitting to your eyes? Are YOU God? Are YOU Jesus? [removed] ..it's exactly what the Phariees did to Jesus..they thought they were serving God but didn't want to honor or accept Jesus for who he is...you can't possibly claim.to serve and love God and reject the one he sends....[removed] what the heck you are mumbling about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with that as well. Though, technically they were not instructed to not sit under a woman but that is definitely the correct interpretation. But women are not permitted to teach men. They ARE permitted to teach young women.

What if the woman has the gift of prophecy, while in services...shall she just hold it in?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about gifts..I'm talking about the jealousy and hypocrisy of mankind who try to exalt themselves in the Lord...
Yes he does..he exalts and humbles us all the same. But who are people to exalt and humble/humiliate others because you don't accept something fitting to your eyes? Are YOU God? Are YOU Jesus? ..it's exactly what the Phariees did to Jesus..they thought they were serving God but didn't want to honor or accept Jesus for who he is.... what the heck you are mumbling about?
So you are just going to ignore Paul's writings? Are they not the Word of God?