Should women teach the bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I am a Christian then the bible tells me I am a co-heir with Christ. And being a co-heir means I have equal standing with all the other co-heirs. It does not differentiate here between male or female.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am a Christian then the bible tells me I am a co-heir with Christ. And being a co-heir means I have equal standing with all the other co-heirs. It does not differentiate here between male or female.
This harmonizes with His word. I’ve heard context so many times. How can we isolate one chapter or even one verse and say it has to be read in context? What about harmony with His complete WORD?

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What did Jesus himself teach us about the role of women in his Church?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We went to a strict Presbyterian church one time and I adopted at least some of their values: they were very strictly against women teachers in accordance with Paul's admonition that he "does not allow a woman to teach." Yet we see more and more women teachers.

What is your take on this?

I believe what Paul was speaking about was women having positions of authority in the congregation. A women is certainly allowed to teach the Bible by talking to people about God's kingdom his Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ our Lord and King and anything else in the Bible. Like I said Paul was speaking about women having positions of authority in the congregation. Like being a bishop, an elder, a Reverend, etc.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it odd that Christians see this so differently.
because many, not all Christian just don't read the bible for themself. be a Berea, Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." they "search" to see if what was said is true. so be a Berea and ask the Holy Spirit for understanding. for ye have not because ye ask not.
PICJAG.

B

Butterfly

Thought I'd add this: John MacArthur spoke out against women teachers and told Beth Moore to 'go home.'

‘Go Home’: John MacArthur’s Sharp Rebuke of Beth Moore, Decry of Feminism Sending Shock Waves
I was reading about this a few days ago - I am not sure who John MacArthur is , but I actually liked the way Beth responded on her instagram.
I dont think the issue was just about the role of women, it was also in context of ' how ' they chose to address it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading about this a few days ago - I am not sure who John MacArthur is , but I actually liked the way Beth responded on her instagram.
I dont think the issue was just about the role of women, it was also in context of ' how ' they chose to address it.

I do think that Enoch came up with the right response: it's apostasy. I could be entirely wrong. It's just what I think right now. I was influenced by a strict church we attended one time yet it's also undeniable that it's scriptural. MacArthur was some bigwig in the Christian faith.

B

Butterfly

We each have to weigh things up , I have differing views on the subject -

Reactions: Helen

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We each have to weigh things up , I have differing views on the subject -

That's true. I tend to try to hold to Scripture because of the apostasy we're warned about but I see Christians differing on major points. It seems that we all filter Scripture through our own preconceived ideas, personal leanings, and possibly even religious affiliation. I don't want to get to the place where I'm putting someone down for being a female preacher - that's between them and God. The only person I have control over is myself and who I choose to listen to. Right now I don't listen to female preachers but I think it's up to each person to decide for themselves. "Work out your salvation with fear..."

Reactions: Butterfly

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, for God can use a ..... "ass", (to save a man), Numbers 22:24 "But the angel of the LORD stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, and a wall on that side." Numbers 22:25 "And when the ass saw the angel of the LORD, she thrust herself unto the wall, and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall: and he smote her again."
well the ass saw what Balaam did not see, (death), and the ass who saw the angel was a she ass

my point IS, and I'm NOT cursing, but making an observation, (sometimes it takes a SHE ass "female" to save a jack ass "male"). AGAIN, please note, I'm not cursing, BUT JUST MAKING AN observation.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 3:1 "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;"
1 Peter 3:2 "While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear."

if a husband is dumb in the WORD, (an unbeliever), and the WIFE is knowledgeable in the Word, let the WIFE teach her DUMB husband the word of God by her conversatation of the WORD. for Faith comes by hearing ........ and hearing by the word of God.
for, ........ 1 Corinthians 7:10 "And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:"
1 Corinthians 7:11 "But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife."
1 Corinthians 7:12 "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away."
1 Corinthians 7:13 "And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him."
1 Corinthians 7:14 "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy."
1 Corinthians 7:15 "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen and Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been deceived many of times.
I also my friend! Many times over the years my wife and I have served God, He has given our direction through her instead of through me. We need to pay attention to our other half. Being the head, does NOT mean being the boss!

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is only one Authority and that is Christ, and if Christ chooses to give His authority to a woman to teach and you deny her, you deny Him because He sent her.

Joh 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

But religion will have its way

B

brakelite

There is only one Authority and that is Christ, and if Christ chooses to give His authority to a woman to teach and you deny her, you deny Him because He sent her.

Joh 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

I don't think a woman needs authority herself in order to teach. Teaching doesn't necessarily mean commanding or demanding either obedience or submission. I teach. But I have no more authority than any who listen... And they can at any time dispute, correct, remonstrance, or walk out.

Reactions: Helen

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree especially if they are co-equal...and when Paul taught that I always thought he was just persecuting the church because I know how fervant Paul was about serving Christ so while a lover of Christ Paul was I think Paul was a bit jealous in a way a bit...